Firefly 2 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisguy

Anybody order recently as part of the 420 sale that can speak to the processing/shipping delay? How long should I wait for an “its been shipped” email before reaching out?
I ordered on4/15. The order was confirmed. As a follow up, I sent an email requesting a planned shipping date but haven’t received a reply. I’m using the tracking app they provided but it only shows order confirmed.

thisguy,

Djsleepy

@collegeKid101

I ordered a couple of lids on 4/16 shipped 4/17 and got 4/18 so I’m surprised unless it’s a a lot of shipping due to 4/20 sale or stock issue due to corona... I was shocked I got it so fast knowing there was gonna be a delay hope you get it soon !

Djsleepy,

someTooL

I saw a note on their site about delayed shipping due to covid.

Does anyone have spare concentrate pads or know of where to obtain such pads? Firefly site has been out of stock for a while now.

someTooL,

ginolicious

The other night I vaped hard on my vape. I made it overheat. Anyways. Lately I notice when I press on the right side I can hear the side crinkle. Only the right side does this. Not the left. It has like a cheap feel to it. Anyways. I took off the battery cover and then pressed the sides again cause the battery Cover is basically the only moving part. And I noticed that when the cover is off it doesn’t make that noise or seem like the side is loose. Only when the cover is on. This normal?

ginolicious,

Djsleepy

I saw a note on their site about delayed shipping due to covid.

Does anyone have spare concentrate pads or know of where to obtain such pads? Firefly site has been out of stock for a while now.

https://theherbcafe.com/products/firefly-2-plus-concentrate-pad-pack

This all I could find , companies not having stock is why I bought my FF2+ and Mighty cause I'm afraid China is.gonna be making PPE to sell to us and vape.companies.May not have enough.cash to get.product to market IMO....not to mention the news.just.broke that the US is.looking to make China pay for U.S. losses that's not gonna help things at all...

Djsleepy,
Reactions: uncanni

LabPong

The other night I vaped hard on my vape. I made it overheat. Anyways. Lately I notice when I press on the right side I can hear the side crinkle. Only the right side does this. Not the left. It has like a cheap feel to it. Anyways. I took off the battery cover and then pressed the sides again cause the battery Cover is basically the only moving part. And I noticed that when the cover is off it doesn’t make that noise or seem like the side is loose. Only when the cover is on. This normal?

It is the design your feeling when you press on the sides. The battery wall and the exterior wall are 2 diff pieces that sort of lay on top of each other. If you take yours apart you will see how the pieces go together. Or just watch a tear down vid on youtube.

LabPong,

ginolicious

It is the design your feeling when you press on the sides. The battery wall and the exterior wall are 2 diff pieces that sort of lay on top of each other. If you take yours apart you will see how the pieces go together. Or just watch a tear down vid on youtube.

well that explains that. Thank god i didn’t fuck anything up.

ginolicious,

LitPot

If you want to avoid stirring what I do is grind the bud up and put the concentration pad on it. This makes one even layer, which helps avoid the stirring. I start at temperature 2 or 3 and work my way up to 5. I would say I got a solid 8 hits from it and it gets the job done. I do not stir when I use it this way and it comes out evenly vaped too. Very conservative too.

uncanni

If you want to avoid stirring what I do is grind the bud up and put the concentration pad on it. This makes one even layer, which helps avoid the stirring. I start at temperature 2 or 3 and work my way up to 5. I would say I got a solid 8 hits from it and it gets the job done. I do not stir when I use it this way and it comes out evenly vaped too. Very conservative too.

EXCELLENT!

uncanni,
Reactions: LitPot

technique

Whoop whoop got mine up and ready this morning.

So I use a course grind, I pack lightly and fill to the top so the screen holds it in. You see I saw the videos and read the posts about how to do it. I thought it would be easy. After all the people struggling i didn't learn my lesson.

First bowl. 400f 100 vape quality slider.

Not much in terms of vapor and hot spots the herb.

Second bowl. 420f 105 slider.

Longer quicker pulls attempted. No good burned in spots but the longer pulls may have helped the hotspot situation.

The experiment continues. Right after I clean this vape and sober up a bit.

ginolicious

Whoop whoop got mine up and ready this morning.

So I use a course grind, I pack lightly and fill to the top so the screen holds it in. You see I saw the videos and read the posts about how to do it. I thought it would be easy. After all the people struggling i didn't learn my lesson.

First bowl. 400f 100 vape quality slider.

Not much in terms of vapor and hot spots the herb.

Second bowl. 420f 105 slider.

Longer quicker pulls attempted. No good burned in spots but the longer pulls may have helped the hotspot situation.

The experiment continues. Right after I clean this vape and sober up a bit.

Very slow pulls for 15 seconds. Don’t need to tamp. I barely tamp.

ginolicious,

uncanni

Longer quicker pulls attempted. No good burned in spots
Try a slightly lower temp and a slightly finer grind, and make sure you're really packing lightly. I can't get shit out of mine if I pack too much. And I agree with the above: longer, slower draws, no so fast.

uncanni,
Reactions: LitPot

technique

What temp are you guys one. I'm definitely getting more success with longer slower pulls but still struggling a little to get a decent draw out of it and cook evenly. I'm scorching in places

technique,

LitPot

When I use the screen I use a fine grind and only fill halfway or so without tapping down. I just lay the screen on top of the herb then place the lid on. I do think if the herb is too tight under the screen it will not hit as good. Slow long draws are always the best too.

What temp are you guys one. I'm definitely getting more success with longer slower pulls but still struggling a little to get a decent draw out of it and cook evenly
Start at 3 and work your way to 5. That is what I do unless I really want flavor then I start on 2 but with the screen it does not produce much of a cloud.

Last edited by a moderator:
LitPot,

ginolicious

I vape on preset level 3. I can get clouds on level 1 if I want. I barely pack. And I take super slow draws.

ginolicious,

LabPong

What temp are you guys one. I'm definitely getting more success with longer slower pulls but still struggling a little to get a decent draw out of it and cook evenly. I'm scorching in places

For flower....I leave it set at 370F.......I do long slower draws....when I feel it on my throat....I stop with the buttons and keep pulling more air through the vape for 3-4 seconds.

The more you grind your flower....the vape gets dirty faster......I tend not to grind at all..just break it up to fit the bowl. Stir after every draw....but when you do this with bigger pieces or chunks....you can spin or flip the load pretty easy on the first few draws...then it all breaks down normally after 3 pulls or so.

For concentrates...I use 470F.

LabPong,

technique

When I use the screen I use a fine grind and only fill halfway or so without tapping down. I just lay the screen on top of the herb then place the lid on. I do think if the herb is too tight under the screen it will not hit as good. Slow long draws are always the best too.

Start at 3 and work your way to 5. That is what I do unless I really want flavor then I start on 2 but with the screen it does not produce much of a cloud.

I don't understand these numbers are you using it manually? I'm changing temp in the app so not sure in those settings.

Didn't this have "heating profiles" or was that all rubbish?

technique,

ginolicious

It has 5 preset temps for those that don’t have the app. I prefer a coarse grind. And I clean every 3-4 bowls.

ginolicious,

LabPong

I don't understand these numbers are you using it manually? I'm changing temp in the app so not sure in those settings.

Didn't this have "heating profiles" or was that all rubbish?

If you read the manual...it will tell you how to use the preset temps by using the buttons. The heating profiles and such are built in when you use it. The firmware update this spring updated that in all the FF2's no matter which model.

LabPong,

ginolicious

I find you really want to draw slow. But you want to pull hard and slow. The hard allows more vapor productions. I usually start slow and soft for 3-5 seconds and then pull nice and hard for another 10 and then you start feeling it in your throat with huge exhales. Hope that helps.

ginolicious,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom