Firefly 2 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djsleepy

Well I’m glad I bought two boxes of MPs cuz I just possibly ruined one or least changed the color .... left in iso for a few minutes just the plastic part and it got a cloudy appearance now not sure if plastic was affected.....so don’t do this!!!!

ginolicious

Well I’m glad I bought two boxes of MPs cuz I just possibly ruined one or least changed the color .... left in iso for a few minutes just the plastic part and it got a cloudy appearance now not sure if plastic was affected.....so don’t do this!!!!

I had a feeling you couldn’t clean the mouthpieces with ISO. I just intend to do a quick q tip swab with iso. Do we know what the mouthpiece is made of?

ginolicious,

Djsleepy

I had a feeling you couldn’t clean the mouthpieces with ISO. I just intend to do a quick q tip swab with iso. Do we know what the mouthpiece is made of?

No I'm gonna try it out see.if plastic for too brittle, I'm staying clear iso on mp for now....just qtip clean which is really fine for it imo....

Edit: just got my my other two lids (oak and black) like both, oak is darker in person than online fyi....but after ten days of heavy use I can definitely tell difference in how much lid adheres at first than after ten days...anyone know how to get that seal back to New feeling?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0xK0VB77faouY6KCeWgkNafbQ

Last edited:
Djsleepy,

ginolicious

Edit: just got my my other two lids (oak and black) like both, oak is darker in person than online fyi....but after ten days of heavy use I can definitely tell difference in how much lid adheres at first than after ten days...anyone know how to get that seal back to New feeling?

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0xK0VB77faouY6KCeWgkNafbQ

love the photo. Looks a lot better in your photo then online. That’s why I didn’t get one. Looked too light. But seeing your photo. I like it!!!

also you getting performance issues already with yours?

ginolicious,

Djsleepy

love the photo. Looks a lot better in your photo then online. That’s why I didn’t get one. Looked too light. But seeing your photo. I like it!!!

also you getting performance issues already with yours?
No no no just noticed a fresh clean lid secured better but in no way affected output just an observation

Plastic. Don’t soak it in iso. Quick swab is indeed the way to clean it.
Ya know what’s funny only reason did was my Mighty just says “do not immerse in iso for longer than an hour or may cause discoloration or brittlement of plastic” I only did about 15 minutes but Now know better!

Last edited by a moderator:
Djsleepy,
Reactions: mitchgo61

LitPot

Instead of soaking in iso try to look for iso whips. Might be harder than normal because of the virus but I have a pack of 100 and just give the whole device a quick wipe down and blow out the mouthpiece. Whips are nice because they are damp not soaking wet. The whips I have are only 2 inches by 1 so they are tiny but work great.

LitPot,
Reactions: uncanni

ginolicious

Can you use iso to clean the bowl? And what’s the best way to remove abv from the silicone gasket if they tell you not to touch it? I had a lot of build up under the lid. So I wiped with an iso wipe and then rinsed the top lid with hot water to get everything off the silicone gasket. I’m now letting air dry. Did not touch the gasket with iso. But I did notice I have build up pretty bad after 3-4 bowls around the the gasket. Can I lightly get a q tip in the lid where the gasket connects to clean it?

also I realized I’m getting some abv and flakes in the side right above the screen of the bowl. I’ve tried blowing. I’ve tried iso. How the hell do I get that out? Is it save to get a metal pic in there to clean it out? I tried a q tip and couldn’t get it out. It’s like just tucked right in there. It’s no where near the holes in the screen. Assuming I’m just being way too anal and that won’t have any affect on performance?

Last edited:
ginolicious,

Zoppo

Got my ff2+today ... several loads ago. Everything works, no problems! The heatsteps of the ff2+ remind me of the heatsteps of my first Arizer Solo ... 5 centigrade ... too much. The reason I switched from the Solo to the Mighty. Every centigrade is important Tested some of the standardsettings and some of the app-settings which are near my temperatures, not exactly what I needed. Gave it a 1% push .... perfect! I think, I will like it - different from the Mighty, equals the Ghost, but the ff2 plus is definitely better. By the way, tested it with the same amount material I'm using in the mighty (to measure the amount and easy filling I used a Mighty capsule). There is still a lot to vape for me this evening (medical against insomnia and pain). My sleep will tell me exactly if it works against insomnia, against pain it works very well. I think it will work very well, 'cause the vaped material looks a little like that of the Solo ... uneven roasted. Against Insomnia it may be a big point, 'cause it will not extract all THC on medium temperatures but will degrade it to CBN. More about the first evening and the night tomorrow!

Before I forget, I installed the android ff2+app on my phone, my tablet and ... my fire-tv I can only change the temperature-steps with the fire-tv remote-control, but who needs more?

Last edited:
Zoppo,
Reactions: Djsleepy

ginolicious

Got my ff2+today ... several loads ago. Everything works, no problems! The heatsteps of the ff2+ remind me of the heatsteps of my first Arizer Solo ... 5 centigrade ... too much. The reason I switched from the Solo to the Mighty. Every centigrade is important Tested some of the standardsettings and some of the app-settings which are near my temperatures, not exactly what I needed. Gave it a 1% push .... perfect! I think, I will like it - different from the Mighty, equals the Ghost, but the ff2 plus is definitely better. By the way, tested it with the same amount material I'm using in the mighty (to measure the amount and easy filling I used a Mighty capsule). There is still a lot to vape for me this evening (medical against insomnia and pain). My sleep will tell me exactly if it works against insomnia, against pain it works very well. I think it will work very well, 'cause the vaped material looks a little like that of the Solo ... uneven roasted. Against Insomnia it may be a big point, 'cause it will not extract all THC on medium temperatures but will degrade it to CBN. More about the first evening and the night tomorrow!

Before I forget, I installed the android ff2+app on my phone, my tablet and ... my fire-tv I can only change the temperature-steps with the fire-tv remote-control, but who needs more?

yeah I noticed that about the bowls too. Even after stirring some spots are even darken then others. I totally forgot. I have android tv. I can use the app on my tv to change my vape. Fucking hilarious. Thanks for that idea. I don’t really see the need for the app though. I seem to be fine with the heat settings already on the vape, might even start using level 2 as my go to instead of level 3. You do need to stir the bowls. But even doing that I do get some roasted spots.

ginolicious,

Zoppo

Good morning or good evening or good something else

Had a nice evening (most important) during which I tested the boost a little more. Used the 1%, the 2% and the 3%.
It's allways the same question, taste or thicker vapor ... I like the taste ... well both. :-) After all I was happy with the 2% boost. For me the tastiest on setting 2 and I used the 5 or 6 afterwards (liked the 5 most).

Sucked one batterie empty during the evening, but luckily I ordered two (I know my needs) changed it against a new one ...

Filling is easy, and relatively fast, cause a filled Mighty-capsule has the correct amount for the ff2+ (Santa Cruz Shredder).

Cleaned it after every two loads with alcohol-pads, a little more action as with the Mighty or the Solo during the evening (cause of prefilled capsules and stems and no need for cleaning).

Satisfied? Yes ... for today!

Zoppo,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Can you use iso to clean the bowl? And what’s the best way to remove abv from the silicone gasket if they tell you not to touch it? I had a lot of build up under the lid. So I wiped with an iso wipe and then rinsed the top lid with hot water to get everything off the silicone gasket. I’m now letting air dry. Did not touch the gasket with iso. But I did notice I have build up pretty bad after 3-4 bowls around the the gasket. Can I lightly get a q tip in the lid where the gasket connects to clean it?

also I realized I’m getting some abv and flakes in the side right above the screen of the bowl. I’ve tried blowing. I’ve tried iso. How the hell do I get that out? Is it save to get a metal pic in there to clean it out? I tried a q tip and couldn’t get it out. It’s like just tucked right in there. It’s no where near the holes in the screen. Assuming I’m just being way too anal and that won’t have any affect on performance?
Yes ISO is fine on the bowl. You can wipe the lid with ISO also...just don't get it totally soaking wet. (The trick is to avoid having ISO get under the seal...that's what can cause it to separate. A quick wipe on the surface of the seal should be fine....just don't get it really wet.)
I think it will work very well, 'cause the vaped material looks a little like that of the Solo ... uneven roasted. Against Insomnia it may be a big point, 'cause it will not extract all THC on medium temperatures but will degrade it to CBN. More about the first evening and the night tomorrow!
Yeah it's typical of pure convection that you'll get uneven browning. Just the way it works. You'll need to stir the bowl every few hits to even up the usage.

mitchgo61,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Zoppo

yeah I noticed that about the bowls too. Even after stirring some spots are even darken then others. I totally forgot. I have android tv. I can use the app on my tv to change my vape. Fucking hilarious. Thanks for that idea. I don’t really see the need for the app though. I seem to be fine with the heat settings already on the vape, might even start using level 2 as my go to instead of level 3. You do need to stir the bowls. But even doing that I do get some roasted spots.

I think it's the same "problem" you get with the Arizers, if you pack the stem to full, so the material get's in contact with the metal of the oven .... combustion. The metallscreen get's hotter as the air.

Gave the Ff2+ a 4% boost yesterday evening and got the Mighty :-)

With this boost I got nearly the same temperatures on setting 2 and 5 I had on the Mighty and nearly the same taste, but cooler ... very nice!

Zoppo,

LegalAlien

And remember you can buy a front cover for $40 and now you have a different color vape... I’m actually get a second color not quite sure which though:hmm:

Question to thread - this is from FF2+ support page” Once again, be careful with that gasket on the underside of the lid, or you can rub it off”..... anyone ran into that and if so about how long was it before you had to replace ? TIA
I've had mine about a year now. I'm careful when I clean with an alcohol wipe when I do the lid. I fold over the already small wipe to a clean side and try to not touch to gasket.

LegalAlien,

LegalAlien

Thanks. I used the app and programmed right button only. The left button is almost unresponsive.
If you only use the right button,can you still change the temp settings without the app? I know the instructions say to hold in the R button and then tap the left one.

LegalAlien,

Zoppo

Hello again, tested three different medical strains and like allways ... they need different temperatures.

Had the 1%, 2%, 3% and 4% boost. 4% boost and Setting 2 and 5 gave me nearly the same vapour like the Mighty on 182° and 220° Celsius, but cooler. Allways the same problem: up with the heat = down with the taste!

But the 2% boost works well with my strains, so I will keep it .... or not :-)

By the way, for all the people who don't know why to boost, it's only! to get the taste you prefere and one Celsius makes really a difference, a little bit more about that

Another vaporiser, but weed is weed and temperature is temperature, should be nearly the same with any vaporizer. If the heat is up, the terpenes are gone, Otherwise is the temperature down, you can vape the cannabinoids with higher temperatures later.

Yesterday I prefilled some Mighty-capsules for on the way ... nice ... the right amount in the pocket
The material of a capsule is the right amount for the Ff2+, so it's a nice way, to prepere the evening and to keep your weed.
Storz-and-Bickel-Dosing-Capsule-Magazine-and-Capsule-Caddy.jpg

Last edited:

ginolicious

I've had mine about a year now. I'm careful when I clean with an alcohol wipe when I do the lid. I fold over the already small wipe to a clean side and try to not touch to gasket.

I really do see it being inevitable to get a little iso on the side of the gasket. Regardless of how careful you are. Plus you have to get in there and clean the build up as some does accumulate right next to the gasket.

ginolicious,
Reactions: jbm

jbm

I really do see it being inevitable to get a little iso on the side of the gasket. Regardless of how careful you are. Plus you have to get in there and clean the build up as some does accumulate right next to the gasket.
This, I think. You can’t get it really clean without getting the edge a little. The idea is not to wipe the gasket itself and to dry it off immediately after wiping. That has worked well for me so far.

ginolicious

Yeah I’ve been using very minimal iso around the edges. Especially with a q tip. I then also use a microfiber cloth after to remove streaks.

ginolicious,

LabPong

For cleaning......the little sealed ISO pads work well on the glass area. I use a lightly damped ISO q-tip to clean the oven area out. I turn the vape upside down and then wipe the bowl out...followed immediately by a water dampened q-tip.

For flower in the FF2's......best to not grind much at all. The more you grind...the more you clean!

I use whole buds or chunks, then spin and flip the load every draw...by the 3 draw...the load is breaking up and becoming dry/brittle and will act normal with more stirring.

I no longer use my FF2's for flower, just pressed flower rosin with the pads. But that is the best way I found to use the FF2 and flower. It is one of the very few vapes I can pull direct off the mouth piece without water. That says something......

ginolicious

I’ve realized using a microfiber glass cloth to buff the lid and vapor pAth works amazing. Gets all all streaks out after the ISO. and if you go gently on the silicone gasket. It gets everything off of it as well.

technique

Does anyone actually use the tap on the palm method for a stir. Is this viable or is it a myth

technique,
Reactions: King
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom