Firefly 1, 2, 2+

ginolicious

My FF 2+ was always a daily for me. I’ve stopped vaping weed for a bit. Recently though I was doing the 510 carts. I may bust out the FF2+ tonight but not sure as I’ve been dealing with gallbladder issues and acid reflux whenever I even drink water.

ginolicious,
  • Sad
Reactions: Jill NYC

R1ng0

I have just pulled out the old ff2 as I just bought the plus thought I'd familiarise myself again soo stuck the app on 185 +12 I think lol the dose so do middle screen grinders for life then used the latest air vape plus loading tool pops right in there use the stirrer to punch a hole through it just gave a 10 second hit and the taste and hit for the 1st 3 is totally the pups. Peace :)

budski

cantre member
I've used the lid from the AVLP cap as a screen on top of the airvape dosing tool load (packed lite) to keep the vape path clear of bits, I'll try it with an air hole in the middle.

kcmochris

Noticed they've got a pretty hefty sale coming up. Any idea if this means FF will come out with a new device?

kcmochris,

gdpvaper

I used the first Firefly. Completely forgot I ever had one. Let a friend borrow it and never saw it again. Completely forgot I let them borrow it. It worked pretty good from what I remember but it was HEAVY as hell, felt like a fucking brick in my pocket. Portable? I guess lol. But worked good at a time when I feel like a lot of the portable vaporizers were pretty much shit. Wondered about the Firefly 2 but never used it. Didn't even know there was a 2+ released. I like the style though because it's simple - you just pack a little ground herb in the bowl and heat it up for some quick rips. Not bad at all.

gdpvaper,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I used the first Firefly. Completely forgot I ever had one. Let a friend borrow it and never saw it again. Completely forgot I let them borrow it. It worked pretty good from what I remember but it was HEAVY as hell, felt like a fucking brick in my pocket. Portable? I guess lol. But worked good at a time when I feel like a lot of the portable vaporizers were pretty much shit. Wondered about the Firefly 2 but never used it. Didn't even know there was a 2+ released. I like the style though because it's simple - you just pack a little ground herb in the bowl and heat it up for some quick rips. Not bad at all.

Yeah I don't know about on the go portable still because of the design, but the newer ones are all much lighter weight, I actually don't like that about it though? Doesn't feel quite as nice as the OG despite upgrades...

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Memories ...
still have the OG (💜 @Jill NYC ) which I'm still in love with, but sold the FF2. Only use at home for nice leisurely "smoking jacket like" sessions and leave my discrete portable needs to my Davinci Miqro

20181109-192809.jpg

Last edited:

ginolicious

I doubt they are coming out with a new model. Having said that though. I fucking love mine. It’s my go to vape nightly. Sit in the basement. Watch Jack Ryan and just have hits periodically through the show. I do enjoy stirring after a few hits. Currently using mine on the 4th heat setting but thinking I may bump it up to the 5th heat setting. Get that darker ABV

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Do they still sell replacement lids anywhere? Considering picking up a 2+ with the fall sale, but I see the extra lids aren’t listed on firefly’s site and out of stock at POTV.

Astedra

how is the frequency of warranty repair for the 2+, does it beat the solo's reliability?

Astedra,

R1ng0

Also how many sessions from 1 batt.? And how many batts come with the +?
You get one battery with the FF2 plus about 3 or 4 sessions depending on the power, charger takes 45 mins to 1 hour 45 to charge. Also have to say FF2+ not been a great experience combusts all the time had to place on 175C and turn down to minus 11 on clouds to vapour settings. Loose pack tight pack lumpy pack the same so far my standard FF2 is much more reliable. Sooo anyone has a theory as to why happy to listen...

ginolicious

You get one battery with the FF2 plus about 3 or 4 sessions depending on the power, charger takes 45 mins to 1 hour 45 to charge. Also have to say FF2+ not been a great experience combusts all the time had to place on 175C and turn down to minus 11 on clouds to vapour settings. Loose pack tight pack lumpy pack the same so far my standard FF2 is much more reliable. Sooo anyone has a theory as to why happy to listen...

I’ve never had issues with combusting on my FF2+. I vape at 180C and as of lately, I feel that’s too low. I’m going to bump it up to 200C. I had it at 200C before and I was getting some thick hits which was very nice. I don’t remember why I turned it down.

Best way to hit this is start very slow. And after 3-5 seconds then start pulling on it hard and fast and you get some massive hits.

ginolicious,

Knewt

I’ve never had issues with combusting on my FF2+. I vape at 180C and as of lately, I feel that’s too low. I’m going to bump it up to 200C. I had it at 200C before and I was getting some thick hits which was very nice. I don’t remember why I turned it down.

Best way to hit this is start very slow. And after 3-5 seconds then start pulling on it hard and fast and you get some massive hits.
I quit using my FF2+ because it was always combusting even while on the lowest setting. I use iOS so the app doesn’t exist for me.

Silveradio

This store has blue and gold FF2+ lids
Maybe taking the battery out and putting it back in periodically might help…kinda like resetting it to help with combustion

Silveradio,
  • Love
Reactions: Octavia

budski

cantre member
I pull the battery out of ff2+ for any time un used because the bluetooth will drain it over time. Also have noticed that the lid choices at several retailers dwindling these last few months. I grabbed an extra battery while I could!

budski,

Astedra

In the OG firefly I never stired my bowl, do you have to in the new one? I'm close to getting one the OG was an interesting experience.

<iframe width="1280" height="800" src="
" title="Firefly 2+ vaporizer Review (Best portable 100% On Demand convection vape)" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That convinced me to get one lol

R1ng0

I find it depends on the coursness of the mix the current FF2 + I have I'm not convinced needs stirring as even bakes throughout which a quick smell reveals no herb left and it's a nice med brown even roast.
But I will say this very finickity about setting was a combustion machine till I switched to course plate and -189 on the calibration now it behaves like my original FF2. But cost me a few bowls to find out lol, be warned new FF2+ straight out of the box default temp 205C seriously I would of thought 185 to 192c but there you go.

R1ng0,
Top Bottom