Firecrackers Success!!

shortwind

Back in Feb., someone, I think it was HighSti, posted a firecrackers recipe here. I've been saving AVB from my Magic Flight Launch Box for months now. I used about 5.8 grams of AVB...plus maybe 1/2 gram of some mediocre fresh herb. Made 7 firecrackers. Ate one around 2:30 or 3 p.m. yesterday and I was still in an altered state at 11 p.m. Wow! Very strong. I have now divided the firecrackers into two doses each and stored them in freezer for future use. What was amazing is how easy it was to make. I have stayed away from making edibles as A.) I hate to cook. B.) I hate to cook and C.) I hate to cook. Plus I didn't want to stink up the apartment with some long drawn out complex butter making process. For the firecrackers, it was just a matter of mixing in the AVB with some organic peanut butter, etc. Very, very easy. It made for a very relaxing day, which I needed as I am dealing with a bacterial asthmatic bronchitis flare-up.
Plus, it's nice to know that with my MFLB I have an endless supply of AVB which I can later convert to firecrackers!!
Thanks to the original firecracker recipe poster here!

shortwind,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
cool - i hear ya' about "no cook" methods - lead me to using it mixed with chocolate as an ice cream topping. Glad it worked so well the first time around, my first firecrackers weren't potent enough, but i had these tiny little crackers and didn't know

Now I'm gonna have this picture stuck in my head of a jar of Skippy with the product claim, "now with Cannabis!" on the label.

resize.php

VWFringe,

jsuss13

Shortwind, how thoroughly do you vape your herb with the MFLB? I've been saving up some ABV for firecrackers myself and I'm trying to figure out how much I will need for each serving. I usually vape until my herb is dark brown.

jsuss13,

shortwind

Hi jsuss13:

Well, it varies on how well-vaped the herb ends up from the Magic Flight. Usually light brown. However, since I switch around strains a lot, there's differences in how well it ends up vaped. Sometimes there's still green left, but it's mostly brown, sometimes some black. I use a coffee grinder to get the material fine enough...however, some strains grind better than others...the ones that don't grind well tend to end up more black and green than brown.
The stuff I've been saving for months is from a bunch of different strains and varied tremendously from the nice consistent brown to the mixtures of green and brown, some black (NOT combustion black, however!). I was actually surprised at how potent the mixture was. I hope to try a half-portion next time to compare and contrast the experiences!

shortwind,

shortwind

Okay...yesterday I tried half the dose of the firecracker and got a nice altered state for about 5 hours. Now, wasn't as intense as the full dose, but still quite good. Somewhere between a half and a full dose might be interesting!

shortwind,

photokographer

Wondering, how long do you let the peanut butter sit before you eat it?

I've tried the no cook method before and it has not worked for me, maybe because I didn't use natural peanut butter?

Or perhaps it's because the ABV was already activated?

photokographer,

shortwind

Hi Photokographer:

When I made the batch, I added the AVB to the peanut butter, mixed it, and put it on the graham crackers with a small chocolate piece per sandwich. Stuck it in oven for 22 minutes at 320 degrees. Now I did lick excess peanut butter/AVB mixture off the spoon before putting the stuff in the oven and could tell that I was feeling the effects before the firecracker batch got out of the oven...and that excess stuff wasn't even oven baked. I think after the firecrackers got out of the oven, I probably ate the one within an hour...can't recall exactly. By then the unbaked and baked peanut butter/AVB mixtures were co-mingled in my digestive system. I may sometime just try mixing AVB with the organic peanut butter and eating without baking to see what happens! I did specifically buy organic, real high fat peanut butter. And the AVB was already vaped from the MFLB.
What's nice about this is it is a simple edible I can make myself. I do have access to dispensaries near me with a variety of edibles...but they are sometimes a crap shoot...you never know how strong an edible will be. And if it's too strong, you can't undo it. If it's not strong enough, you have to assume larger doses for future reference.
The other issue I have with edibles is timing. Typically, I need to have a relatively empty stomach for them to work well, so it limits when I can or cannot use them. However, they are also quite stealthy and ideal for certain situations. :)

shortwind,

sundaddy

It's ABV, there is no reason to cook it in the oven. The oven is for raw herbs. Just whip up the ABV in peanut butter, spread on graham cracker, eat.

sundaddy,
will any kind of peanut butter work? I heard organic is the best.

Edit delete. There is really a thread two posts down that best answers this question.

biojuggernaut,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Unfortunately, sundaddy, it will not work properly unless you cook it. Ive tried just about anyway possible and it would take FAR more plant matter to get you high if you didnt cook it. The heat allows for the thc to be reheated, making possible the chemical bond between the thc and the lipids in the peanut butter. At room temperature, the thc would not be warm enough to bond to the lipids properly.

9Samurai

Theoretical Vaporist
HighSti said:
Unfortunately, sundaddy, it will not work properly unless you cook it. Ive tried just about anyway possible and it would take FAR more plant matter to get you high if you didnt cook it. The heat allows for the thc to be reheated, making possible the chemical bond between the thc and the lipids in the peanut butter. At room temperature, the thc would not be warm enough to bond to the lipids properly.

I ate ~1g of pretty dark raw ABV with nutella and peanut butter on toast and it definitely worked! Worked a bit too much possibly.... :ko:
I thought this was specific to ABV, because it's already been decarboxylated therefore the THC doesn't necessarily need to bond to fats to be absorbed through the stomach/intestines/whatever.

9Samurai,
Top Bottom