Firecracker baking temp?

THCMuscle

Hey guys, I've made firecrackers in the past with varying success. Sometimes they worked, sometimes a dud. I am trying to figure out what is the optimum baking temp? I've heard everything from 250f to 400f.

THCMuscle,

Longbones

I always do 325 for 20-25 min and it's always gotten me really toasted. I wouldn't think you need it higher... Just made one last night in fact.

That said, I've realized firecrackers don't agree with my stomach. Need to get off my ass and get some iso for concentrates with my abv. :p

Longbones,
Reactions: sessnet

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
toaster oven or regular oven? electric regular oven or gas?
my guess is that a toaster oven is hotter at the same degree point.
i agree that most ovens are probably off several degrees in general.

i read somewhere once that great success is met with "warm infusion" so to speak -
basically rather than baking in the oven, wrap up your firecrackers in foil and leave on windowsill for a week. i'll look around for that recipe and post it. having said that, it sounds a little too gnarly for my digestive tract even though it's supposed to make for a more potent edible.

jeffp,

SD_haze

toaster oven or regular oven? electric regular oven or gas?
my guess is that a toaster oven is hotter at the same degree point.
i agree that most ovens are probably off several degrees in general.

i read somewhere once that great success is met with "warm infusion" so to speak -
basically rather than baking in the oven, wrap up your firecrackers in foil and leave on windowsill for a week. i'll look around for that recipe and post it. having said that, it sounds a little too gnarly for my digestive tract even though it's supposed to make for a more potent edible.

My first dozen highs ever were from 12+ month old firecrackers made with shwag, never got sick but they tasted like :puke:

Got real high every time though hehe, with no bad smoking effects

SD_haze,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
here's an instructional site i just found that looks potentially meritorious -
http://420tainment.com/2010/04/weed-firecracker-recipe/
says it's good to add a dash of butter to the mix to increase potency.
also suggests leaving the firecrackers out for a few hours in saran wrap before baking - similar to what i had mentioned in previous comment.

next time i do firecrackers i'm going to - when it's done - mash it up in some ice cream.
i have a feeling this could transform this affair from "marginally palatable" to a taste treat.
Lwien, you're the firecrackers maven in FC land- any thoughts to the above?

jeffp,

zymos

The whole point of firecrackers, IMO, is that they are so quick and easy to make. If you are going to complicate them, you may as well make cookies are something.

Why would adding butter to peanut butter make them any more potent?

zymos,

SD_haze

The whole point of firecrackers, IMO, is that they are so quick and easy to make. If you are going to complicate them, you may as well make cookies are something.

Why would adding butter to peanut butter make them any more potent?

Because it increases the total fat content %.

If you aren't using too much weed, then the peanutbutter (which is around 50% fat) isnt TOO saturated with THC, so you don't have to add butter.

If however, you are using lower quality weed or have a very high tolerance, adding oil/butter (oil is better because its 100% fat, butter is like 88%) will allow you to add more weed without over-saturating the peanutbutter.

So its a situational thing, don't always need to add oils to it.

SD_haze,
Reactions: Tweak
Top Bottom