Fiona Apple arrested for possession in Texas

StickyShisha2

http://www.timesunio...xas-3881004.php

EL PASO, Texas — Singer-songwriter Fiona Apple has been arrested for hashish possession at a West Texas town after a Border Patrol drug-sniffing dog detected marijuana in her tour bus.

Sierra Blanca Sheriff's office spokesman Rusty Flemming says the artist spent Wednesday night at the Hudspeth County jail and would be bonded out Thursday.

Fleming says Apple "had a little tiny amount of pot and hash." Fleming says marijuana possession in small amounts is a misdemeanor, while hashish in any quantity is a felony in Texas.

Apple's publicist Ambrosia Healy didn't immediately respond to email request for comment.

StickyShisha2,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That is the same area of Texas that busted Willie Nelson for pot as they searched his tour bus (surprising absolutely no one).

Question: Why in the world are cops searching tour buses in the first place? What happened to the bill of rights? :shrug:

:peace:

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
That is the same area of Texas that busted Willie Nelson for pot as they searched his tour bus (surprising absolutely no one).

Question: Why in the world are cops searching tour buses in the first place? What happened to the bill of rights? :shrug:

:peace:

I found the answer on the news tonight. Seems the place she was busted is an immigration checkpoint. And that all commercial vehicles get searched by officer and dog. There are signs that warn drivers for 5 miles prior that buses and commercial vehicles must stop for inspection. Now the big question is that if at least 7 famous bands have been busted there..(TMZ)... Why did their bus driver not warn them of the impending checkpoint and it's infamous search? I'd fire that guy! After all it's a BAND! <j/k>

Fully Melted,

rayski

I found the answer on the news tonight. Seems the place she was busted is an immigration checkpoint. And that all commercial vehicles get searched by officer and dog. There are signs that warn drivers for 5 miles prior that buses and commercial vehicles must stop for inspection. Now the big question is that if at least 7 famous bands have been busted there..(TMZ)... Why did their bus driver not warn them of the impending checkpoint and it's infamous search? I'd fire that guy! After all it's a BAND! <j/k>
According to the Christian Science Monitor, the bus was searched "after the dog alerted the Border Patrol agent".

rayski,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The dogs will soon be out of a job. Anyone heard of the picosecond laser? This can scan your body, home, or vehicle, from a hundred and fifty feet away and basically tell you what you ate for breakfast, yes it can detect body chemistry. Coming soon to a shopping mall, roadside checkpoint, airport, theater, sports arena, near you.

Interestingly enough, this laser can be mounted on a drone, or a cop car, which then could legally sample you and everything you own, right through the walls of your house, without you even knowing it. Here is an article to get you started, click for link:

Above: The Genia Photonics' Picosecond Programmable Laser scanner is capable of detecting every tiny trace of any substance on your body, from specks of gunpowder to your adrenaline levels to a sugar-sized grain of cannabis to what you had for breakfast.

And then there is this:

Briton jailed for four years in Dubai after customs find cannabis weighing less than a grain of sugar under his shoe

A search by customs officials uncovered a speck of cannabis weighing just 0.003g - so small it would be invisible to the naked eye and weighing less than a grain of sugar - on the tread of one of his shoes.

Welcome to the new scientific dictatorship, enjoy your soft-serve tyranny. Would you like fries with that?

Edit: This technology is being merged with facial scanning and recognition. The FBI is currently pouring a ton of resources into this so they can pick you out of pictures on FaceBook, but the findings of your body scans could be linked to your identity or your car's license plate, and a record built over time . . .

t-dub,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Holy crap t-dub that's some seriously scary shit. I might as well wave goodbye to our personal freedoms now :waves: .......sigh how depressing is the age we live in sometimes.

This is another reson I don't do facebook or other social media. I feel a lot of it is just info farming on people to be sold to the highest bidder under the guise of social networking. You see that facial recognition software they are going to be using in stores to identify people when they come in the store to email them special coupons if they choose. Yikes

Puffers,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Yes, that is some scary shit. I really hope this doesn't really get used as the find like the lasers cause cancer or something serious like that.

lesvape,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Yes, that is some scary shit. I really hope this doesn't really get used as the find like the lasers cause cancer or something serious like that.
Sorry, nice idea though:

Terahertz radiation is at the extreme high end of infrared; almost microwave, in fact. The wavelengths used in this technology are much longer than that of visible light — about 100,000-1,000,000 nanometers versus just 790 nanometers for visible red light. If you step down in the infrared wavelengths, closer to visible light, you find the spectrum used for infrared cameras. That should tell you why the terahertz spectrum is so good for scanning; infrared cameras can see through some obstacles. The effect is even more pronounced with the lower wavelength terahertz radiation.

The beam used by Genia’s spectrometer is capable of penetrating most materials including wood, leather, cloth, ceramics, plastic, and paper. Worryingly, that means it can essentially scan the surface of your body through clothing looking for traces of dangerous substances. The terahertz signals used are non-ionizing and very low power, so at least it’s safe.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/132620-how-terahertz-laser-scanners-will-spy-on-you-in-airports

t-dub,

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
When was the last time you got thru the security line at the airport and they asked you if liked your balls "original or extra crispy"?

Big Brother isn't just watching you. He is planning. And he has lasers!

Fully Melted,
Reactions: t-dub

mscm888

The dogs will soon be out of a job. Anyone heard of the picosecond laser? This can scan your body, home, or vehicle, from a hundred and fifty feet away and basically tell you what you ate for breakfast, yes it can detect body chemistry. Coming soon to a shopping mall, roadside checkpoint, airport, theater, sports arena, near you.

Interestingly enough, this laser can be mounted on a drone, or a cop car, which then could legally sample you and everything you own, right through the walls of your house, without you even knowing it. Here is an article to get you started, click for link:

Above: The Genia Photonics' Picosecond Programmable Laser scanner is capable of detecting every tiny trace of any substance on your body, from specks of gunpowder to your adrenaline levels to a sugar-sized grain of cannabis to what you had for breakfast.

And then there is this:

Briton jailed for four years in Dubai after customs find cannabis weighing less than a grain of sugar under his shoe

Welcome to the new scientific dictatorship, enjoy your soft-serve tyranny. Would you like fries with that?

Edit: This technology is being merged with facial scanning and recognition. The FBI is currently pouring a ton of resources into this so they can pick you out of pictures on FaceBook, but the findings of your body scans could be linked to your identity or your car's license plate, and a record built over time . . .

Scratch Dubai off the list of countries I won't be caught alive in. Although all of the Middle East was already off the list for me.

mscm888,

dannkk

That's a little backwards. Facebook is mostly just being used to fine tune the technology. They've got the most pictures of faces, so they can use it to test the tech and see if it's working correctly. The goal is to be able to identify you with cameras in public places.

dannkk,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
you make a law, you give police a mandate, or they believe it's a mandate of the People (when it's really the 1% that makes the laws). Pardon my French, but, the way that works fucking sucks.

had a friend who was stationed in Texas...after that he always wore a t-shirt with a big red armadillo, it's tail wrapped up around the bold-faced letters stating in no uncertain terms,

NUKE TEXAS

hahaha

VWFringe,
Top Bottom