Fine grinding with 4-piece

Vaked420

I usually turn my 4-piece upside down and grind it extra and sometimes it turns it to a nice powder and other times it just doesn't work too well. Does anyone have any tips of how to grind your ganj really finely?

HomeFree

Not sure how fine you want it but often I will just take the top two pieces, remove ALL stems if I want it fine, load it up, turn it upside down and just keep turning it back and forth like a wheel. I made my 4 piece a 3 piece and I like it much more like that. Lately I have been breaking it up by hand again. Usually I just grind up stems and all so long as they are small enough, makes a good placeholder and no waste either. Same with any leafy stuff, I just pack it on in. It's all medicine.

I'm not sure that you can get a 'finishing grind' from a regular grinder but I could be wrong. Poor man's solution I think is a coffee grinder, but I think I have heard negatives about it and it's not something I would do myself since if I ground some it would take me too long to get through it.

There is a grinder thread here, which has a lot of good info, much better than I could give you.

Do you want it super fine for a MFLB or something to that effect, or just fine? I use a Solo and too fine will kinda plug up after a few pulls. Too coarse/whole and I don't really like it as much. Generally I only grind enough for one stem at a time because it seems like it loses taste overnight after being ground up.

Here is the grinder thread:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herb-grinders.15/

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Yes, I call it 'the double grind'. (steady ladies)

Do a quick grind, literally a couple twists to open up the nug, tap that out onto a piece of paper and leave it for 30 mins + to dry, then grind as normal.

You will get some nice power.

:nod:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I find if my material is too damp I have a difficult time grinding it in my 4 piece steel grinder. I have the 2 piece plastic grinders that you get for free when buying vaporizers. The plastic works better with the product that is on the damp side but yet able to vaporize with it.

If I want my herb ground really fine in my steal grinder I just keep turning it and it sifts back through the holes. I can do this for as fine as I want it, just keep grinding away. A too fine of a grind isn't always a good thing. You don't want particles of herb to accumulate in your lungs.

The four piece grinder is nice so you can collect the kief in the bottom. You get a small pice of herb, roll shatter or wax on it and roll it in the Kief then vape away in your fav vape.

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Top Bottom