finally starting over

McNerdius

god of nerds
I'm just making a short stealth-return-post. To those few that may recall my existence - whatup ! long time no FC. It's been many months of divorcey-drama-crap - but i'm finally getting settled in Pueblo, Colorado. It's weird, the vast majority of input (welcome or otherwise) i've heard about this city is bad. I guess it's all relative, and personal. I absolutely love the weather, the size, the beauty of nature, the Riverwalk, and... The fact that it's in a MMJ state - unlike Nebraska, where i moved from. I'm having my MMJ eval done on Monday, and armed with my 150+ pages of medical records going back 7 years with no gaps, MRI w/ blurb on hippocampus, SSDI documents, shit-tons of seizure logs including audio recordings and even quite a few witness signatures... well... I think i'm good to go :D Over the coming weeks, as i get more and more settled in my new place, i'll be back in here... o how i have missed thee, FC ! For now, though, i am off to podcast myself to sleep.

:rockon:
:bigleaf:
PS: I don't like my therapist. She keeps telling me to think happy thoughts - in varying lingo. Like i haven't fucking thought of that. Whaddayagunnado.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Welcome back McNerdius. Glad to hear your new environment suits you. I hope you thrive there. :peace:

t-dub,

McNerdius

god of nerds
i leave for my eval in just over 12 hours. Just occurred to me that i really have no idea wtf it's going to be, lol. So mysterious. Haven't thought much about it much really, considering i'm FULLY fucking legit. *Sigh* Whatever... It's probably totally different from place to place, otherwise i'd ask questions. Not that it matters, it's just pre-eval-giddiness. Wish me luck, and the Doc a brain !

I can't even put into words the mere concept of the significance of the impact that this would have on my life. (preaching to the choir i know :) RX'es do one of three things for me: A) Nothing. B) Eliminate "auras" while reducing seizure frequency a wee bit (more dangerous because i can't prepare myself) or C) Reduce my seizure frequency a bit more by "backing them into a corner". The only viable RX option has been C. The resulting seizures are HELLISH in nature, and sharing with my neruos this option is still bullshit is always met with strange looks. "Yes doc - i know it cuts my seizure count by 75%, but i'm still having at least several seizures a week. And i'd rather have 10 non-RX seizures than one of these." OTOH - giving my body even a wee bit of CBD - IT JUST FUCKING WORKS. OK i'm done rambling now lol.

McNerdius,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i leave for my eval in just over 12 hours. Just occurred to me that i really have no idea wtf it's going to be, lol. So mysterious. Haven't thought much about it much really, considering i'm FULLY fucking legit. *Sigh* Whatever... It's probably totally different from place to place, otherwise i'd ask questions. Not that it matters, it's just pre-eval-giddiness. Wish me luck, and the Doc a brain !

I can't even put into words the mere concept of the significance of the impact that this would have on my life. (preaching to the choir i know :) RX'es do one of three things for me: A) Nothing. B) Eliminate "auras" while reducing seizure frequency a wee bit (more dangerous because i can't prepare myself) or C) Reduce my seizure frequency a bit more by "backing them into a corner". The only viable RX option has been C. The resulting seizures are HELLISH in nature, and sharing with my neruos this option is still bullshit is always met with strange looks. "Yes doc - i know it cuts my seizure count by 75%, but i'm still having at least several seizures a week. And i'd rather have 10 non-RX seizures than one of these." OTOH - giving my body even a wee bit of CBD - IT JUST FUCKING WORKS. OK i'm done rambling now lol.

welcome fuckn back! :D dont worry man, you'll be good, its colorado! If you have any problems with your card or anything, ive got you taken care of man, im up here in the springs if you need anything hit me up!

Xchadb,

McNerdius

god of nerds
holy mother of rutabaga flavored twinkies... that... that was something reminiscent of amazing, yet slightly better. I suppose a couple things had me pessimistic about the experience. For one, i've grown so accustomed to shitty experiences with neurologists due to my oddball uniqueish case of epilepsy. They've just gone with whatever treatment they know and forget the specifics of my case. The doc at my eval totally understood where i was coming from - understanding that while i could potentially at some point in my life find an RX that just works, it's not going to happen anytime soon, and ignoring weed, which is known to work, does significant harm. The other half of it comes from what i've been reading about the crackdowns - i've had it in my head that i'd be walking into skepticism & have major convincing to do.

Needless to say, i am ecstatic. I mean... I'm going to a goddamn dispensary TOMORROW. Sure, i wish i could grow... I really *really* love growing - it's just not an option right now. It's gonna be fun... i just bought a couple of RC 'copters for the cats... Haven't busted them out yet but i suspect that i might have found the best cat-toy ever. Fuck laser pointers - give the cat a fucking BIRD to chase, y'know ? Gonna be a fuuuuun day tomorrow for the whole family. Anyhoo i'm just happy rambling at this point... Not really what this forum is about i suppose :-) Sue me, i'm happy - that's medically relevant, right ? :rockon:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I'll never forget my first drive home from the "dispensary" big smile :D

t-dub,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
dude ill never forget when i opened that letter in the mail. i was like (just like the movies) YEEEAUUUHHHH!!!! :science: held it up in the air! while still standing there with the mailbox open.

now that shit is about to expire already! damn!

renewals are way cheaper than first times tho :D

Xchadb,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Oh, we aren't supposed to have them in our state. Its a "resource center" I think . . . ;)
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh one of THOSE kinds of things. Reminds me a wee bit like the tax stamp chicken-and-egg type shit.

McNerdius,

McNerdius

god of nerds
jesus... just looked at my paperwork. Dude upped my plant/weight limits to 18plants/6oz. Fucking TRIPLE. And he didn't mention a peep of this during the eval. Mind you, i'll never approach those numbers but still. Bizzarely amazing.

McNerdius,
Reactions: t-dub

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
dude thats nuts, never really heard of anyone gettin that kind of treatment in colorado, then again, it is pueblo haha :)

Xchadb,

McNerdius

god of nerds
dude thats nuts, never really heard of anyone gettin that kind of treatment in colorado, then again, it is pueblo haha :)

haven't found a single reason to dislike this town yet, despite all the negative rants i've heard 8-D

Did i mention my move-in date here was 4/20 ? No shit.

McNerdius,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
haven't found a single reason to dislike this town yet, despite all the negative rants i've heard 8-D

Did i mention my move-in date here was 4/20 ? No shit.
heh i dont really care, i never really go there except for the river walk wich is cool! i just hear horror stories of the weather on the tv.

colorado is just awesome, no matter what part

Xchadb,

McNerdius

god of nerds
heh i dont really care, i never really go there except for the river walk wich is cool! i just hear horror stories of the weather on the tv.

colorado is just awesome, no matter what part

what kind of weather horror stories ? I ask because weather is one of the things that appealed to me... lack of humidity in particular. I'm liking that it actually cools down overnight, too. In omaha it's basically 35% humidity MINIMUM and if it's 80 during the day, it's 75 overnight. (during spring/summery months of course) It makes cooling a bitch, comparitively.

McNerdius,

McNerdius

god of nerds
Bit of McNerd trivia: On the way home from my eval, i was walking down High street. Then i saw Watts. Funny, because today i'll be getting high, then watching reggie watts' Why Shit So Crazy.

highu.png

McNerdius,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Glad to hear of your positive experience in Colorado! It sure seems like you have found an environment to thrive in and that's fantastic. Colorado does so many things right, and the beauty that the state has to offer is simply amazing. Enjoy it!

aesthyrian,
Top Bottom