• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Finally Got Certified for FL Medical - Issues and New Processes

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
It looks like you may legally smoke your medicine in Florida now so we may start seeing flower available outside the pre-filled pods I've seen at dispensaries. Great news!

It'll be even greater news when they expand the conditions that qualify for something other than low dose. I for sure won't be wasting my wife's time with the flower version of low dose cannabis.

Thanks to @subway13029 I may not have to worry about low dose issues for much longer anyway but it would be wonderful if all doctor's were made to feel comfortable recommending something with THC in it when it's warranted.

I'm convinced that my certifying neuro would have liked to certify my wife for something other than low dose if his rigid adherence to that f'n web site would have allowed it.

CurryLeafTreehugger

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...l-marijuana-ruled-unconstitutional/647170002/

Any idea when it will be available on the shelves? Although I would be VERY surprised if the anti-pot contingent (basically everybody in government in Florida) doesn't appeal the ruling and continue to thwart the will of the people.

I mean seriously. 71% approved MMJ. I bet nearly as many are in favor of recreational as well. That 71% needs to get together and vote the bustards out.

subway13029

Its gonna get appealed..i think thats a given..but yeah im happy that i know if wont last too much longer..the ban that is..i just want flower..ill still vape it.

C No Ego

hibeam

alpha +
you know it's great when on a vape forum everyone is happy you can smoke it now LOL... I guess that means you can vape it just as well but still....
I can speak out freely on this wonderful forum about all kinds of possible adverse health issues related to ANYTHING cannabis...but as soon as I "open" my "mouth" among other Floridians about pushing the health benefits of patients using whole flower without combusting, I need to frame it for the majority that is pro smoking.

It is weird that I can't suggest protecting the patient's right to choose the delivery device, or to choose the free market counterbalance to any government sanctioned corporate product, or even to take pressure off the current producers without having to "approve" more growers by allowing patient home grows as the most cost effective mode of scrutinized procurement....I mean what is the purpose of the state health department, anyway? I know they collect lots and lots of data because many of my neighbors work for them as data managers....and then I wonder why I am paying for extra doctors and extra licensing fees when they are not paying me for my data. My data.

His_Highness

Since I was the OP I figured I should make my final entry......

Have been taking care of the wife's migraine needs but not through legal medicinal avenues.....till yesterday.

At our last visit with the primary neurologist he again asked how cannabis was working out. We told him cannabis has become way more important since the botox stopped working but I'm still doing things outside of what's legal. He said things had loosened up and then made a recommendation/referral for what looks like a new certifying doctor's office called - Releafe-Now. Two days ago we went to the new office and they treated my wife with the utmost care and concern. It wasn't just about cannabis. They thoroughly reviewed her file, gave her a physical exam and made other suggestions, outside the box, to lessen the pain.

They charged $150 for the visit and made it clear that health insurance doesn't cover medical cannabis so it's out of pocket. It would have been $180 if the wife didn't already have her card. We are due to go back in 70 days and it'll be another $80 and then it's a visit every 6 months. The best part was that they not only certified her for full spectrum but included flower.

When I asked how the first certifying doctor was able to use my health insurance they said "He may have not included any info about medical cannabis when he submitted his bill to the insurance company". Considering the first doctor was no help and would only prescribe low dose.....I guess I got what I paid for.

We went to the only company/dispensary around here that sells flower yesterday and got sublingual drops, a 1:1 vape cartridge, some White Rhino flower and some Northern Hash Plant flower. The office was filled mostly with seniors like us. What a long strange trip it's been......

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Since I was the OP I figured I should make my final entry......

Have been taking care of the wife's migraine needs but not through legal medicinal avenues.....till yesterday.

At our last visit with the primary neurologist he again asked how cannabis was working out. We told him cannabis has become way more important since the botox stopped working but I'm still doing things outside of what's legal. He said things had loosened up and then made a recommendation/referral for what looks like a new certifying doctor's office called - Releafe-Now. Two days ago we went to the new office and they treated my wife with the utmost care and concern. It wasn't just about cannabis. They thoroughly reviewed her file, gave her a physical exam and made other suggestions, outside the box, to lessen the pain.

They charged $150 for the visit and made it clear that health insurance doesn't cover medical cannabis so it's out of pocket. It would have been $180 if the wife didn't already have her card. We are due to go back in 70 days and it'll be another $80 and then it's a visit every 6 months. The best part was that they not only certified her for full spectrum but included flower.

When I asked how the first certifying doctor was able to use my health insurance they said "He may have not included any info about medical cannabis when he submitted his bill to the insurance company". Considering the first doctor was no help and would only prescribe low dose.....I guess I got what I paid for.

We went to the only company/dispensary around here that sells flower yesterday and got sublingual drops, a 1:1 vape cartridge, some White Rhino flower and some Northern Hash Plant flower. The office was filled mostly with seniors like us. What a long strange trip it's been......
I'm so pleased for you both. To be able to get the care your wife needs, and have it be supported by your physicians must be such a relief. The best to you both and Happy 420!

His_Highness

I'm so pleased for you both. To be able to get the care your wife needs, and have it be supported by your physicians must be such a relief. The best to you both and Happy 420!

Thank You! It is a definite relief. The surprise for us is how well the sublingual drops the doctor recommend are working.

The added value comes from the receipts from the dispensary .... we occasionally watch our grandson and although we knew we were in the misdemeanor category for the illegalities of not being approved for full-spectrum we still felt there was an exposure we didn't want when watching the little guy. And before the thread gets hijacked....no we don't use in front of him or even in the same room and one of us, usually me, has to be in the right frame of mind for emergencies.

His_Highness

Oh st augustine location..i havent been there yet..but im gonna check it out soon.

I had been to the other Tru-lieve (Beach Blvd?) and didn't like the wait or parking. In St Augustine I think we waited about 15 minutes. Parking was more open with maybe a few more spots.

I'd be curious to see how you would compare the two locations.

His_Highness,

subway13029

I had been to the other Tru-lieve (Beach Blvd?) and didn't like the wait or parking. In St Augustine I think we waited about 15 minutes. Parking was more open with maybe a few more spots.

I'd be curious to see how you would compare the two locations.
Yeah im gonna go to st. Augustine nezt as i am sitting in the beach blvd location rigjt now and it is absolutely insane..

CurryLeafTreehugger

Now if we could just get the heads of certain Tejas politicos out of their asses ... They won't even let The People DECRIMINALIZE the stuff, let alone make it available for those of us who need our medicine.

Sadly I am moving to Tejas soon. I just bought what I am certain is the last MMJ I will see for years. I truly dread doing without. More pain, more insomnia.

How is your wife feeling now that you can get the good stuff?

His_Highness

Now if we could just get the heads of certain Tejas politicos out of their asses ... They won't even let The People DECRIMINALIZE the stuff, let alone make it available for those of us who need our medicine.

Sadly I am moving to Tejas soon. I just bought what I am certain is the last MMJ I will see for years. I truly dread doing without. More pain, more insomnia.

How is your wife feeling now that you can get the good stuff?

I feel ya on your move and the concern that it's going to become tough to get cannabis versus where you are now. I had the same concerns when we moved from NJ to FL. We stocked up on a pound and drove it down with us. After the move I kept on the outlook for like minded folks and it wasn't long before I found them...or maybe they found me. Either way ... it's concerning but you'll find the same to be true. Our plant is too popular not to run into the like minded.

The "good stuff" became way more important when the Botox stopped working several months ago and I'm happy to report that a combination of a 1:1 vape cart, herb AND low dose sublingual drops are a huge help. The 1:1 oil cart is like a rescue inhaler in that she uses it when the pain goes big and catches her off guard. The biggest surprise was how much the addition of those low dose drops has helped. All around...She's using way more than ever on a 24/7 basis and while all this can take the pain level down a couple levels it doesn't give her 100% relief.

Using 24/7 like this is causing an expected change in her tolerance. She doesn't get as buzzed/happy as before and has an outward appearance that is harder to tell she's using. I'm sure she misses the "big happy" but I'm also sure she is super grateful for the relief.

His_Highness,
Reactions: C No Ego

CurryLeafTreehugger

I feel ya on your move and the concern that it's going to become tough to get cannabis versus where you are now. I had the same concerns when we moved from NJ to FL. We stocked up on a pound and drove it down with us. After the move I kept on the outlook for like minded folks and it wasn't long before I found them...or maybe they found me. Either way ... it's concerning but you'll find the same to be true. Our plant is too popular not to run into the like minded.

The "good stuff" became way more important when the Botox stopped working several months ago and I'm happy to report that a combination of a 1:1 vape cart, herb AND low dose sublingual drops are a huge help. The 1:1 oil cart is like a rescue inhaler in that she uses it when the pain goes big and catches her off guard. The biggest surprise was how much the addition of those low dose drops has helped. All around...She's using way more than ever on a 24/7 basis and while all this can take the pain level down a couple levels it doesn't give her 100% relief.

Using 24/7 like this is causing an expected change in her tolerance. She doesn't get as buzzed/happy as before and has an outward appearance that is harder to tell she's using. I'm sure she misses the "big happy" but I'm also sure she is super grateful for the relief.

OMG A POUND! I would have had a heart attack. Many states still consider that a criminal offense (given the amount) EVEN WHERE IT IS LEGAL. Nope. It's not going to be "hard to find". It's going to be IMPOSSIBLE. Do you have ANY IDEA what the penalties are for getting caught with that much pot? IN TEJAS particularly? It's a felony to have 4 oz or more. 2 years, 10k fine. And that's BEFORE they hit you with every other penalty they can think of, like "intent to distribute/sell". A quarter oz is STILL 6 months in jail. Plus, my son owns my house. How happy do you think Tejas gendarmerie are going to be to confiscate that puppy?

Nope. I'm a long standing proponent of marijuana legalization, but not of blackmarket dealings. Not because I think "the law is the law is the law", but because "the law is the law is after me". And I'm afraid of jail, especially at my age and in my condition, LOL! Especially in Tejas, where the judges are among the worst in the country (AS WELL as the laws). Like that judge who let the pedophile off because his 3-yo victim had "enticed" the monster. Or the retarded guy they executed. Who executes somebody with an IQ of 60? The guy couldn't even participate in his own defense.

I'm glad your wife is getting what she needs. We should all be so lucky, LOL! And isn't it a sad commentary on our society when we have to consider ourselves "lucky" to pay premium prices for a weed we could easily grow in our backyards if it weren't for repressive anti-"drug" laws.

His_Highness

OMG A POUND! I would have had a heart attack. Many states still consider that a criminal offense (given the amount) EVEN WHERE IT IS LEGAL. Nope. It's not going to be "hard to find". It's going to be IMPOSSIBLE. Do you have ANY IDEA what the penalties are for getting caught with that much pot? IN TEJAS particularly? It's a felony to have 4 oz or more. 2 years, 10k fine. And that's BEFORE they hit you with every other penalty they can think of, like "intent to distribute/sell". A quarter oz is STILL 6 months in jail. Plus, my son owns my house. How happy do you think Tejas gendarmerie are going to be to confiscate that puppy?

Nope. I'm a long standing proponent of marijuana legalization, but not of blackmarket dealings. Not because I think "the law is the law is the law", but because "the law is the law is after me". And I'm afraid of jail, especially at my age and in my condition, LOL! Especially in Tejas, where the judges are among the worst in the country (AS WELL as the laws). Like that judge who let the pedophile off because his 3-yo victim had "enticed" the monster. Or the retarded guy they executed. Who executes somebody with an IQ of 60? The guy couldn't even participate in his own defense.

I'm glad your wife is getting what she needs. We should all be so lucky, LOL! And isn't it a sad commentary on our society when we have to consider ourselves "lucky" to pay premium prices for a weed we could easily grow in our backyards if it weren't for repressive anti-"drug" laws.

When we were moving from NJ we considered Texas, Florida and Virginia and settled on Florida. After reading your post I'm soooooooooooooooooo glad we didn't choose Texas.

Have faith @CurryLeafTreehugger....Florida wasn't exactly the most open minded red state when it came to cannabis. There's hope for Texas too....but it sure sounds like it's going to be awhile....think water drops eventually wearing down a stone. Demographics play a big role in my opinion....boomers are at that age where they NEED cannabis, they KNOW cannabis and they control a big portion of the numbers and wealth. Come to think of it maybe that's why Florida got it's collective heads out of its collective ass about cannabis since it's filled with snowbird boomers.

His_Highness,
Top Bottom