1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Finally Got Certified for FL Medical - Issues and New Processes

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by His_Highness, Mar 11, 2018.

1. hibeam

hibeam alpha +

C No Ego, grokit, MinnBobber and 2 others like this.
  2. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

It looks like you may legally smoke your medicine in Florida now so we may start seeing flower available outside the pre-filled pods I've seen at dispensaries. Great news!

It'll be even greater news when they expand the conditions that qualify for something other than low dose. I for sure won't be wasting my wife's time with the flower version of low dose cannabis.

Thanks to @subway13029 I may not have to worry about low dose issues for much longer anyway but it would be wonderful if all doctor's were made to feel comfortable recommending something with THC in it when it's warranted.

I'm convinced that my certifying neuro would have liked to certify my wife for something other than low dose if his rigid adherence to that f'n web site would have allowed it.

3. CurryLeafTreehugger

CurryLeafTreehugger Well-Known Member

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...l-marijuana-ruled-unconstitutional/647170002/

Any idea when it will be available on the shelves? Although I would be VERY surprised if the anti-pot contingent (basically everybody in government in Florida) doesn't appeal the ruling and continue to thwart the will of the people.

I mean seriously. 71% approved MMJ. I bet nearly as many are in favor of recreational as well. That 71% needs to get together and vote the bustards out.

Whisper and His_Highness like this.
  4. subway13029

subway13029 Well-Known Member

Its gonna get appealed..i think thats a given..but yeah im happy that i know if wont last too much longer..the ban that is..i just want flower..ill still vape it.

His_Highness likes this.
  5. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

Whisper, Silver420Surfer and hibeam like this.
  6. hibeam

hibeam alpha +

I can speak out freely on this wonderful forum about all kinds of possible adverse health issues related to ANYTHING cannabis...but as soon as I "open" my "mouth" among other Floridians about pushing the health benefits of patients using whole flower without combusting, I need to frame it for the majority that is pro smoking.

It is weird that I can't suggest protecting the patient's right to choose the delivery device, or to choose the free market counterbalance to any government sanctioned corporate product, or even to take pressure off the current producers without having to "approve" more growers by allowing patient home grows as the most cost effective mode of scrutinized procurement....I mean what is the purpose of the state health department, anyway? I know they collect lots and lots of data because many of my neighbors work for them as data managers....and then I wonder why I am paying for extra doctors and extra licensing fees when they are not paying me for my data. My data.

Whisper and C No Ego like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors