Finally found some oil - bought EJmix - how do I thin it out?

BigTimpin

So living in a non-medical state it's been hard finding any kind of concentrate (and in my area, even good bud to make your own with). But I found a source and bought 2g of some really good looking stuff. Did a dab and was in the clouds if that's a good test of quality.

Now I have an e-cig (V2 Series 3) and want to make an ejuice, so I ordered some EJMix which came today. Only thing I'm concerned about is how thick it will end up being. The tank on the V2 is good but I'm not sure how it will hold up with a thick oil. And I love my ecig I would rather not buy another one just to use for this stuff.

So can I add something like alcohol to thin it out?

And just to make sure I have my directions right, I'm going to microwave 4ml EJmix in a shot glass until it's hot. Gradually stir in the oil. And I'm done?

Thanks for any help!

BigTimpin,
Reactions: DabComa

Grim Chiclets

From what I've read, and what I've had written down and ready to test- you consider each gram of concentrate to be 1ml of volume; so you take the total volume of the end product into account when you mix- something to keep in mind.

My formula is as follows- (grams of concentrate) x (%purity of concentrate) = (Volume of mix added)
Assuming good quality oil to start with, you can basically eschew the second variable of course.
notes:

aim for 15-25%, higher concentrations can compromise reliability of wicking
heat at roughly 100-120F and mix gently until dissolved

So in your case, you'd want to use almost 4ml for every gram minimum to avoid dry hits and gunky wicks.
To avoid this getting costly, I was going to use 1.5ml of Puff Majic/EJmix for every g of concentrate, as well as filling the rest of the formula with vegetable glycerin(VG), which I keep on hand as my go to for cutting my juice down in flavor or potency ;)

Keep in mind, I haven't tried yet, and YMMV

PS. to anyone who cares, VG is a great Pax mouthpiece lubricant when used lightly on a clean unit :tup:

Grim Chiclets,
Top Bottom