Finalizing My Home Unit Decision

njtoker59

This is my first post, already been lurking the site and was told by the GC community to come here for vape questions. I have a MFLB and love the thing to death. Vaporizing is just so much cleaner and better. So my question is related to three units.
Money is not a large factor for me but it would like to not spend over ~300(unless i "NEED" to get a volcano for some reason, but i dont think i do). My first question narrows down the type, because i want to know if there is any difference in bag/whip vapes, besides the obvious fact of the bag and whip? I am seriously considering the Extreme Q because it is bag and whip. I am also looking at the Silver Surfer and Da Buddah because i like how solid they look and the appeal they have. I am looking for a hands free unit that me and my friends can use in my house. It is usually only 2-3 people but can get up to 5 people on occasion. I would like it if anyone could help me lean in the right direction between the vaporizers I am looking at. I have searched the forums, but still can not make up my mind. My main points of decision are bowl size(how much can i pack in for a group of people or how little do i need for myself), how conservative the vape is, how long the heat up time is, and how much noise it makes(dont want to be too distracted during a movie or tv show). Any help is greatly appreciated and im glad to be part of the FC.

EDIT: I am also looking for a unit that is hands free and is very easy to use, and get started.

njtoker59,

Nycdeisel

Man, you already KNOW that you dont NEED a Volcano :lol:

Seems like your now down to either-
a bag/whip combo(EQ)
or
strictly whip type vape.

All types of vapes are VERY different and are meant for completely different purposes.

a 'home unit' isnt so much a type as it is a category, IMO. Bags, whips, direct draws, and portables are types

And try to avoid using the 'handsfree' GonG connections with confidence. as their are problems that arise form not removing the wand from the heating element between hits, such as the wand falling out(and possibly breaking) as well as the wand getting stuck in the heater cover(HC)

Nycdeisel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Welcome, NJ

I think you would be happy with any of those three, but if you're going to be passing it between friends, I'd go with the Q. You can safely pass the whip in all direction withought worrying about spilling a bowl. The cyclone bowl is pretty big, so good for group sessions. It also does bags (I've hardly ever used the bag feature myself. I prefer direct draw) so you have that option as well. I've been satisfied with mine for the last 9 months or so.

But like I said, any of the three would be nice to have.

Stu,

njtoker59

Stu said:
Welcome, NJ

I think you would be happy with any of those three, but if you're going to be passing it between friends, I'd go with the Q. You can safely pass the whip in all direction withought worrying about spilling a bowl. The cyclone bowl is pretty big, so good for group sessions. It also does bags (I've hardly ever used the bag feature myself. I prefer direct draw) so you have that option as well. I've been satisfied with mine for the last 9 months or so.

But like I said, any of the three would be nice to have.

Is the Q noisy, i know the "Q" stands for quiet, but i dont know how quiet it is. Will it be a distraction during a movie. Also how noisy are the actual bags while filling up? I am not so worried about the thickness of my vapor, because as i learned from my MFLB if i hold in small hits untill no vapor comes out it works better then just a large rip and then an exhale like 5 seconds later. Also, for personal use, how big of a bowl do you pack?

njtoker59,

njtoker59

Hey NYC are you the same NYC on the GC forums, because if so you were the person i was told to contact on a GC forum for advice, and i love some of the stuff you post of the forums because of how informative you can be.

njtoker59,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
njtoker59 said:
Is the Q noisy, i know the "Q" stands for quiet, but i dont know how quiet it is. Will it be a distraction during a movie. Also how noisy are the actual bags while filling up? I am not so worried about the thickness of my vapor, because as i learned from my MFLB if i hold in small hits untill no vapor comes out it works better then just a large rip and then an exhale like 5 seconds later. Also, for personal use, how big of a bowl do you pack?

The Q is silent unless you're blowing up bags. Even on fan speed high, it is very quiet, so no you don't have to turn up the TV volume or anything like that. I prefer to pack the elbow for personal use. It uses less herb and seems (at least to me) to provide better hits.

Stu,

njtoker59

Stu said:
njtoker59 said:

The Q is silent unless you're blowing up bags. Even on fan speed high, it is very quiet, so no you don't have to turn up the TV volume or anything like that. I prefer to pack the elbow for personal use. It uses less herb and seems (at least to me) to provide better hits.

how much herb would you say gets you nice and toasty

njtoker59,

Nycdeisel

Thanks man. And yup thats me :cool:

I def lurk vape threads on GC in hopes of converting others. :ninja:
:lol:

During a movie or whatever, a bag vape will have the noise of the fan and the bag, BUT it doesnt take too long to fill up a bag, so its not a huge deal unless your really looking for stealth(which you are not)

Nycdeisel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
njtoker59 said:
how much herb would you say gets you nice and toasty
I like to pack a full elbow which is probably about .1g or .2g (I don't have a scale, so I'm guessing) and hit it over the course of an hour or two. But for a quick session I get pretty toasty off of half an elbow.

Stu,
I speak only because it has been recommended without being mentioned:

The Extreme and Extreme Q, from my understanding, expose the vapor to the circuitry of the vaporizer. There are other dual-use units which supposedly do not, such as the Zephyr and the Herbalaire I believe.

charliedontsurf,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
charliedontsurf said:
The Extreme and Extreme Q, from my understanding, expose the vapor to the circuitry of the vaporizer.
Charlie,
you've been vocal about this issue, however you really should diferentiate between "vapor path" and "air path". There is no circuitry between the heating element and the user which to me means "vapor path". The air intake path (un heated) moves air molecules to the heating element. This same air has been floating around your computer, tv, and even bouncing around your bathroom. That doens't make it bad.

There have been no complaints that I'm aware of of any health or even taste issues vis vis the Q.

Stu,

Nosferatu

Stu said:
charliedontsurf said:
The Extreme and Extreme Q, from my understanding, expose the vapor to the circuitry of the vaporizer.
Charlie,
you've been vocal about this issue, however you really should diferentiate between "vapor path" and "air path". There is no circuitry between the heating element and the user which to me means "vapor path". The air intake path (un heated) moves air molecules to the heating element. This same air has been floating around your computer, tv, and even bouncing around your bathroom. That doens't make it bad.

There have been no complaints that I'm aware of of any health or even taste issues vis vis the Q.

I agree, room temperature air isn't going to pick up anything off of circuitry and bring it to your lungs. There is air going in and out of our computers and it isnt picking up any more toxicity than the air passing around your computer speakers or desk. Now if it was 380F air passing over the circuitry then straight to our lungs, there would be room for argument.

Nosferatu,

njtoker59

Nycdeisel said:
Thanks man. And yup thats me :cool:

I def lurk vape threads on GC in hopes of converting others. :ninja:
:lol:

During a movie or whatever, a bag vape will have the noise of the fan and the bag, BUT it doesnt take too long to fill up a bag, so its not a huge deal unless your really looking for stealth(which you are not)

How much does it smell, i love how the MFLB doesnt smell at all. Also, how is the could of vapor on the exhale, does it linger or go away quickly?

"He's a fucking linger-er, you know what I mean, man? He just lingers" felt that was needed after asking about linering haha.

njtoker59,

Nosferatu

A bag vape or a whip vape like the SSV probably smell about the same, but of course it depends on the temp of your bag vape also. If you are seeing big clouds like those usually provide it kinda smells, alot more than the MFLB or PD/MZ.

Nosferatu,

Nycdeisel

Masbanji is right, it depends on a lot of things, like temperature.

thicker vapor=hotter vapor. thicker vapor will linger more, and wont be as easy to hold in your lungs until it has absorbed more.

If your concerned about smell, just dont blow out huge clouds, thats pretty wasteful anyway. Take smaller or medium sized hits, or just hits on slightly lower temperatures so you can hold it in your lungs longer so that you get more out of it.

On all of the units you are deciding between, you can adjust the temperature and airflow(the EQ even has different fan settings for use with the bag), which is what mostly affects the temperature of the vapor.

Nycdeisel,

ChickenSurfer

I have to highly recommend the SSV. It gives a great control of how toasty you want your bud, more than I originally thought could be possible with an analog temperature control. What's more, if you take the glass knob off of it, it can even sit out on a desk in plain sight and it will just look like a computer accessory.

And oh yea - ALL GLASS/CERAMIC AIRPATH within the unit. It's great for parties and the learning curve isn't too steep at all, as in alot of portables.

EDIT: and its absolutely silent

ChickenSurfer,
Top Bottom