Final Fantasy 7

sour

I got a PS3 on Black Friday and decided to download Final Fantasy 7 for 9.99. Playing this again brings all kinds of great memories from back in '97 when it came out. Has anyone else played it recently or replaying it? I'm still in the beginning-ish part of the story, Shinra destroys Sector 7 slums by detonating a pillar support to the upper plate.

sour,

flanman

i had an emulator running it on my pc like a year ago, didn't get all the way through it again though, got distracted by viii haha. just need a ps so i can play it on the tv instead, game is sitting on my tv stand taunting me :lol:

flanman,

trouble ethyl

I have my black label copy of this game sitting around somewhere. It's hard for me to go back and play any psx games due to being spoiled, graphics wise, by xbox360 and ps3. I'll probably keep it since a complete black label copy of FF7 fetches about $50 online.

trouble ethyl,

sour

Yea I regret selling my original copy that I pre-ordered back then. Regret selling any of my old video games come to think of it.

I'm making a promise to myself never to sell my Xbox 360 or PS3 stuff, especially the PS3 stuff!

sour,
One of the best RPGs ever produced. FF Tactics is arguably a better and more in-depth "game" experience but does not have the same level of presentation or character. FF6 is also a masterpiece; my all time favorite RPGS have to be FF7, FF6, Earthbound and Chrono Trigger. I've tried to get into 10, 10 X2, and 11, but they were all awful. The voice acting and scripting made me want to kill myself.

Of course, many PC-centric RPGs offered many, many times the replay value and open endedness - games like Fallout and Planescape - but they have a seperate and distinct charm from the console JRPGs.

charliedontsurf,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Just recently played this for the fourth time about two months ago. Not my favorite RPG anymore but still brings back lots of memories. My has the FF series gone down the shitter. X was the last good FF IMO.

tranceporter,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Played again on psp like 2 years ago, didn't go till the end though...I'm a bit spoiled too by HD graphics nowaday...Final Fantasy X was one of my favorites, and I played at the 11 for like 5 years, once you get into it, it's such a great mmorpg...but I'm done with that kind of "dope" xD

Smokey,
Top Bottom