Filters for pipes, vape pens and joints/cones?

joupotu

Has anybody heard of or tried these Mouthpiece Minis for pipes, vape pens, joints or cones?
Here's link: https://mooselabs.us/

I've heard they really smooth out the flavor, and reduce harshness, one grower said dispo
flower harshness was reduced by 60%. I have noticed that my damn disposable vape pen
is just harsh as heck. So it'd be nice if my pens were a tad bit smoother on me lungs.

The minis shown below are for joints:
rasta-mouthpeace-mini-joint-blunt-vape-filter_0dd4f492-5e64-4a32-b434-363ea62a53da_2048x.png

Then you stuff into the mini either one of these corn filters or they have carbon filters.
If anybody knows, let me know about them too. Also if you've ordered these do they
ship in plain boxes, w/o letting the world know that I'm some kind of pothead, junkie
dope fiend?
Mini-Corn-Filters-NEW_95a2c419-339a-4c7f-ba31-9c9f5ba85294_600x.png

joupotu,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
These seem utterly pointless to me, even in a combustion setting. They are sure to filter out cannabinoid. And I can't see any way that a filter would make vapor less harsh.

I know some people find some terpenes too harsh but I think no filter is going to do a good job with that. And if the heat bothers you, add glass.

Dustin McKief

Has anybody heard of or tried these Mouthpiece Minis for pipes, vape pens, joints or cones?

Then you stuff into the mini either one of these corn filters or they have carbon filters.
If anybody knows, let me know about them too. Also if you've ordered these do they
ship in plain boxes, w/o letting the world know that I'm some kind of pothead, junkie
dope fiend?
I don't combust, but I have been using the Mini with corn filter for a few months on Dynavaps. I can detect no loss of flavor or effects, but after a few uses I notice a decline in airflow as scoobies & goo accumulate. It won't fit onto a flat-tipped pen cartridge, but does work with round carts. Packaging was plain.

Dustin McKief,
Reactions: joupotu

joupotu

These seem utterly pointless to me, even in a combustion setting. They are sure to filter out cannabinoid. And I can't see any way that a filter would make vapor less harsh.

I know some people find some terpenes too harsh but I think no filter is going to do a good job with that. And if the heat bothers you, add glass.

Thanks Grass Yes.

I went ahead and ordered 'em before i read your reply.
I got a pack of ten of each corn and carbon filters. So, i'll report back when
i get the damn things. I tend to agree with you mostly because i've never
really liked joint holders.

I note that you say they'll filter out cannabinoids, however stoic, said that
he uses them with no "loss of flavor or effects." Well, I'll post back after I try it.

But the guy's review was ultra positive and he's a super trusted, super grower,
according to his posts and his pix at a grower board.

I don't combust, but I have been using the Mini with corn filter for a few months on Dynavaps. I can detect no loss of flavor or effects, but after a few uses I notice a decline in airflow as scoobies & goo accumulate. It won't fit onto a flat-tipped pen cartridge, but does work with round carts. Packaging was plain.

Thanks for the reply stoic.

I gotta say that my experience with vape pens (disposables) is they're so
damn harsh at the back end, and my throat too. So you do like them I guess?
You speak of an airflow decline, i read on mooselabs' site that the filters last
for 3 to 5 sessions. And both the vape pens i now have are flat tipped. I wonder
how I could modify the holder so it'll work with my new vape pens. Neither has
had more than two sessions each. Thank you for describing the packaging, which
i finally found on their site, has a "discreet" packaging disclamer. :)

joupotu,

joupotu

My vapes are disposables, tip's monolithic to the pen.
So you like them eh?
I need to make my flat tip round somehow.

Yanno what else I bought, not to change the subject,
but it's like some of the harshest shit I ever inhaled. It's
an inhaler, yanno like an albuterol puffer, only with extract.
Burns for like 15 minutes after a session. Jeeze, what am I
gonna do w/that shit? Me, out there, constantly seeking a
better buzz. :bang: You see what home growers are putting out?

Why can't we get hold of some of that stuff. I tell ya, this
legalization movement ain't what it's supposed to be.
That same guy who posted about the Mouthpiece Minis
swears this dab he's got called Peanut Butter Apricot's the
best he's ever had. I mean you should see his plants! Best
ever, and from a dispo, no less. And that's what he says too.
He's been smoking and re purchasing that PBA for 2 weeks now
that i've noticed. Damn, why do i listen to people!

joupotu,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah, I don't understand how a filter could help a vape. I only see it as removing some of the good stuff :shrug:

joupotu

I never cared for cig holders, and heck not pipes really either.
I do joints, and now i'm working on learning vaping. stoic, above,
says, "I can detect no loss of flavor or effects,". So, i dunno. The
word on 'em is they smooth out the harshness. I think the damn
THC is what brings the harsh. That inhaler, it's Blue Dream (500 Mg) Full
Spectrum Oil Sativa. So harsh, like I said, burns for 15 mins. Some
flowers i got at the store recently were the smoothest taste i've
had at that store. The disposable vape pens are also quite harsh
but not nearly as bad as the inhaler. I wonder why that inhaler'd
be so harsh. And why are the vape pens harsher than the joints I
rolled from the various flower strains I purchased. I had also read
that a lower THC %-age would yield a smoother toke. And I'm always
looking for high THC percent.

joupotu,

fraktal

I ordered these filters I will soon be able to test them, I already use activated coconut charcoal, this reduces harmful particles due to vaporization.

fraktal,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
If you're just starting to vape then it will likely seem excessively harsh at first, much like smoking probably was at first. It will take a little getting used to, but you'll get there if you're determined enough.

DrJynx86

I do roll long and thin paper strips in the shape of a spring, like a very fat but short roach, and use them to fill half my arizer solo stems, they do absorb some of the goods but I save them to do an alcohol extraction later, it's not for filtering but just to cut the stem bowl size in half, helping to microdose.

DrJynx86,

joupotu

I ordered these filters I will soon be able to test them, I already use activated coconut charcoal, this reduces harmful particles due to vaporization.
We'll probably get our orders at the same time, ya think? Should be interesting to compare. I bought one
mini and one pack each of the corn and carbon mini filters. Cost with ship was $34.41. I think i should've
ordered an extra mini mouthpiece. Mini Mouth, where's Mickey Mouth? 🐭 Sorry, I just had to.

Yes. THC is a natural throat irritant. It's a fact that we just have to live with.
Funny, i've been toking since the 60s and never realized that until just a couple weeks ago when i bought that
inhaler, and had the toke epiphany. Still i've smoked plenty of cannabis with no harsh flavor at all and it knocked
my dick in the dirt. Wish I could find me some a that.
I prefer flower, but they are useful to me for on the go. They do irritate my throat a bit.
See my reply to Ramahs, just above.
I do roll long and thin paper strips in the shape of a spring, like a very fat but short roach, and use them to fill half my arizer solo stems, they do absorb some of the goods but I save them to do an alcohol extraction later, it's not for filtering but just to cut the stem bowl size in half, helping to microdose.
I have an arizer, I tried it one time, cleaned it up, and reboxed it. I didn't like it, it was too messy, flower got popcorn flavor
after a couple tokes, and I dunno, maybe I should unarchive that thing and try it again, i've thought about it. Also i'm not
quite sure I understand your rolling "long and thin paper strips in the shape of a spring, like a very fat but short roach, and
use them to fill half my arizer solo stems,". A picture of that would really be helpful. Maybe if it's what I'm guessing you mean
i could try that too, or some kind of arizer filtering. Good idea, if i understand your concept correctly.

joupotu,
Reactions: DrJynx86

DrJynx86

I hope this helps with my description of the filters I roll, I don't have a picture together with the stem or installed (too dirty now and complicated to picture it) but these springs are half the depth the bowl.

I use 90 gr/m2 cuadriculated paper, from a good quality notebook. I just cut the long side, half a centimeter in width, around 0.2 inches.

IMG-20230817-191925.jpg

DrJynx86,

joupotu

I hope this helps with my description of the filters I roll, I don't have a picture together with the stem or installed (too dirty now and complicated to picture it) but these springs are half the depth the bowl.

I use 90 gr/m2 cuadriculated paper, from a good quality notebook. I just cut the long side, half a centimeter in width, around 0.2 inches.
Thanks for the pic, that really helps, and "A-Joint". :tup:
I tried to find what "cuadriculated" means, and found nada. And now i looked up 90 G/M2 Paper
and I guess it's just regular notebook paper, right? This could be a break through for me with my
Arizer Air, which is the very first one they made. Here's my old/used-once pen:
So i can see where this home made filter goes. What about like say coffee filter paper? Think
that might work? Just cut it about 1/4" strips, spiral them and insert them in the stem right?
Well, i'll experiment. So far, tho just note book paper is what you use, I guess?

In my pic above, the first three items on top left would be the 1. bowl, a 2. stem, and then a
3. mouthpiece. So i'd put the home made spiral filter inside the stem, but not near the bowl.
You don't put it inside the actual bowl do you? Hell, i bought that thing back 6 years ago.
Used once, and the only other time i've vaped was with a disposable pen by Clear Crustal.
I just discovered the silicone mouthpiece from the old clear crystal pen, and i'll use that with
the new Mini Mouthpiece so, hopefully, it'll shim to make it fit a flat mouth piece. Now, it is
time to roll joints.

joupotu,
Reactions: DrJynx86

DrJynx86

Actually didn't show the entire label, didn't pay attention, it's Save-A-Joint :D for me it means every joint not smoked is a lot of vapes.

Edit: about the paper sorry, I meant squared (or engineering? paper), just regular notebook paper will work for sure!

Regarding the usage, I put them first on the stem (not the bowl), as if you were packing the first half of herb, and then I complete the remaining half of the stem with herb packed regularly, as if I were packing a full stem of pressure/grind coarseness/etc. just half the measure, I have found it's around 0.08 grams. If I want to microdose more, I just cut a fatter spring, but I usually do the half stem / 0.08g.

Coffee filter paper would work, I think it would absorb more and last less uses than notebook paper, and might not be very good if you want to pack your herb a little stronger, but trying might be worth it, I have being doing it for the past couple of months and don't see a better alternative for my requirements.

Last edited:
DrJynx86,

joupotu

Update on my order for filters: They have yet to arrive, after what now, 14 days since I ordered them?
I checked tracking and their site said:
"Order Fulfilled, awaiting carrier pickup
We are working on your order, please check back later," for a few days. Then it said:
We are working on your order, please check back later," for a few more. Now it says:
"Estimated delivery Monday, Aug 28th". Well, after two weeks, I guess we'll see. Unreal.
I had to message them to get the following on Aug. 23:
"Thanks for your order! Order processing can take up to 3 business days from when your order is placed.
Although, some orders may take longer. We do not process or ship orders on Saturdays, Sundays, or
holidays. The tracking information was updated today so once USPS makes the first scan you should be
able to see movement on your package. Your USPS tracking number is 123456789". How hard can
shipping such a dinky item be?

joupotu,

fraktal

Update on my order for filters: They have yet to arrive, after what now, 14 days since I ordered them?
I checked tracking and their site said:
We are working on your order, please check back later," for a few days. Then it said:
We are working on your order, please check back later," for a few more. Now it says:
"Estimated delivery Monday, Aug 28th". Well, after two weeks, I guess we'll see. Unreal.
I had to message them to get the following on Aug. 23:
"Thanks for your order! Order processing can take up to 3 business days from when your order is placed.
Although, some orders may take longer. We do not process or ship orders on Saturdays, Sundays, or
holidays. The tracking information was updated today so once USPS makes the first scan you should be
able to see movement on your package. Your USPS tracking number is 123456789". How hard can
shipping such a dinky item be?
My order has arrived I have to pick up at the post office but is indeed long I had ordered on August 5th, I will be able to test it on Tuesday if all goes well.

fraktal,
  • Sad

joupotu

My order has arrived I have to pick up at the post office but is indeed long I had ordered on August 5th, I will be able to test it on Tuesday if all goes well.
It took a month for them to fill your order?
What'd they do, got stoned and they missed it?
This is one of the longest times to fill an order i've had in recent memory.
Mine's taking over two weeks now. Tracking says i get it today I guess.

joupotu,

fraktal

It took a month for them to fill your order?
What'd they do, got stoned and they missed it?
This is one of the longest times to fill an order i've had in recent memory.
Mine's taking over two weeks now. Tracking says i get it today I guess.
I am in Europe and it’s in my country that it took time because to cross the Atlantic it was fast.

fraktal,

joupotu

Well, good, glad it was fast for you. I'm on left coast in USA so i thought it'd be here in a week or less.
It will be interesting when we both review these Mouthpiece Minis filters. I don't have high expectations.
(See what i did there?):leaf: I am hoping it will work well with my disposable vape pens, and with joints too.

joupotu,
Reactions: fraktal

fraktal

See what y'all get for ordering this bullshit!?! LoLz 🤣🤣🤣
It also seems crazy to me to order it’s filters, who I smoked 30 years every day but with my bullshit I have now major lung issues since 6 months I vaporize exclusively and tell myself that it’s not free from harm so if it can help without loosing too much flavor. THC will not loose for sure.

fraktal,
Top Bottom