Filling butane torches, any tips?

Summer

Long Island, NY
Summer you are the best!

Well, thank you very much, david. Much appreciate you saying so! So nice to get a pat on the back every once in a while. :D

Wish me luck!

I know I was very apprehensive about doing it the 1st 3x as I was sure I was gonna f-up the lighter.

But after several fills, it's becomes so easy to do. The 1st time out I think I forgot to bleed the air out & I shook the butane for the 1st couple of times - which you aren't suppose to do. It's 2nd nature now that I understand how a lighter functions -- I hail from the old flint & liquid lighter fluid days. :nod:

Funny, it never would have occurred to me had it not been for the dynavap that there is science behind filling a lighter. :hmm: :lol:

Last edited:

david8613

Yes thanks to you I just did it as per link, no problems. You are 100% right purging is so important in order fill torch correctly, I bet alot of people dont do this. I picked up neon 11x ultra refined butane. from what I understand it's very important to use refined butane so you dont inhale impurities. Ronson butane is supposed to be really bad for this and should not be used in devices you inhale while heating at the same time like sticky bricks.

Top Bottom