Fenix Neo

badbee

I had to do a lot of searching to find the Fenix Neo online, it is some sort of market specific branding I think. Fenix is a Chinese brand that isn't popular (or trusted) in the US so you don't tend to find a lot of information about it. The Fenix Mini and Pro get mentioned positively by vaporists from the EU and elsewhere sometimes.

Doing a few heat cycles on max temp is the normal thing to do with a new vape. I always clean them with alcohol first to remove any manufacturing oils left on the metal parts. You can also try soaking any removal plastic bits in baking soda and water for a few minutes. That will tend to neutralize the volatile chemicals that give off that "new plastic" smell.

Welcome to the forum.

Pizzico

I know you were asking about the smell. In my fenix mini the smell went away after a few cycles, something like 5 or 6 cycles. In addition to this, I wanted to ask you for some photos, with something nearby that gives an idea of the actual dimensions. Thanks in advance

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
There are a wide variety of methods to cure the fresh silicone smell in this style of vape, in addition to many more burn-offs and cleaning, you could try leaving it indirect sunlight for a bit of time, a lot of airing out with an open fan blowing through can also help... I believe that is one of the benefits of grabbing the healthy rips version of the Fenix stuff since they are using high quality materials that might neutralize better faster (although they are still not perfect, this is the world of budget battery powered vaping unfortunately)

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Came across a new device by Fenix brand, they said it's the Fenix Mini big brother but it looks like quite different but rather classic though.

2978_6.png

It looks like to be convection based with a large filling chamber.

2978_4.png

Is somebody here already used this device?

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Hiya, there's a thread here but I think it's in the wrong place:

chlorophyll_man,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I had to do a lot of searching to find the Fenix Neo online, it is some sort of market specific branding I think. Fenix is a Chinese brand that isn't popular (or trusted) in the US so you don't tend to find a lot of information about it. The Fenix Mini and Pro get mentioned positively by vaporists from the EU and elsewhere sometimes.

Doing a few heat cycles on max temp is the normal thing to do with a new vape. I always clean them with alcohol first to remove any manufacturing oils left on the metal parts. You can also try soaking any removal plastic bits in baking soda and water for a few minutes. That will tend to neutralize the volatile chemicals that give off that "new plastic" smell.

Welcome to the forum.
Fenix is the brand of Weecke Manufacturer, in the US you get the exact same devices but under other names, that's all. But all the devices are made in the same factory (US rebrands are Healthy Rips, Boundlessvapes, The One by POTV, a few brands get a few original designs like the Tera by BVoundlessvapes... although the Neo looks pretty similar despite a few updates like usb-C)

kendon

The Neo looks more like the successor to the Fenix 2.0 if you ask me. I own the 2.0 and am very happy with it.
Can't help with the smell though, I would give it another few rounds before giving up.

Here in Germany Fenix are not the most popular, but I haven't heard anything bad about them so far. Before the 2.0 I owned the Fenix Mini, was also a good device (still in use with the the friend who I gave it to). Wolkenkraft devices are more popular, I believe they are mostly the same devices with different branding, but I couldn't find any facts for that.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Expect rebrands by companies like TVape for twice the price to come out

TBH the Weecke/Fenix vapes are all pretty solid and while not comparable to things like the Mighty, they'll likely be in the '80% of the performance for 60% of the cost' bracket, somewhere from $150-200.

Verdampftnochmal has it listed for sale already and they are absolutely a reliable retailer with great people working the shops (been there IRL many times).

3000mah cell, USB-C, 30sec warmup, convection (probably hybrid) - looks to be decent and at 150eur worth a shot!

rasCaL

hows the FENIX NEO device? tell me :D
i would love to buy one myself, but theres no info AT ALL on youtube, despite some vietnamese video which i really liked.
theres not even info at fenixvaporizer.com, albeit the NEO is out for some months now, wtf?

id love to know if the NEO is worth its money..

Last edited:
rasCaL,

rasCaL

okay, bought the FENIX NEO myself. great build quality so far, i will heat it up several times when its fully charged and write a little review after its first use.

i wrote the mods to move this thread into "portable vaporizers", since the FENIX NEO is out for buying :)

Mischa

Hello everyone!
I got myself a Fenix Neo vaporizer today, however even after 5 heating cycles it still gives off a plastic fume smell.
Has anyone had similar or even the same issues here?
Try adding a herb like ginger when burning off. The Neo seems to need lots of them.

Mischa,
Reactions: Adobewan

Mischa

hey everybody here,

I may have a problem with my Neo.
The dealer says this is normal and harmless: when charging with 5V 2A or 1.5A, the vaporizer vibrates slightly when you lightly stroke it. Simply holding is not enough. You have to gently run over it, stroke it so to speak. That somehow feels like electricity. The dealer says they checked several devices. That's the case for everyone. Maybe it could be the coating.

What do the Neo owners say about this?
Do you also have this experience or can you check it out?

Mischa,

Mischa

The chamber of Neo is quit big. Who wants it smaller can put a drip pad inside or some heat-resistant glass beads - of course on top of the herbs.

Mischa,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
hey everybody here,

I may have a problem with my Neo.
The dealer says this is normal and harmless: when charging with 5V 2A or 1.5A, the vaporizer vibrates slightly when you lightly stroke it. Simply holding is not enough. You have to gently run over it, stroke it so to speak. That somehow feels like electricity. The dealer says they checked several devices. That's the case for everyone. Maybe it could be the coating.

What do the Neo owners say about this?
Do you also have this experience or can you check it out?
This is a sign of poor isolation from the wall charger/adapter. What you feel is some small alternating current leaking through. Happens on a lot of devices, even from reputable brands. To confirm it's the case it's easy: if you unplug the charger and it immediately stops, you have the proof it is linked.

Mischa

@KeroZen
thanks a lot. That sounds professional.

My other vaporizer do not show this phenomenon. There is no vibration or anything while loading with my adapters.

I'm waiting for my neo, which I'm getting back for the second time now. The large headquarters in Germany initially didn't understand anything. I first had to explain to them what was going on. In the end the answer was: it was safe, but your answer is really an answer.

Mischa,
Reactions: KeroZen

Mischa

Hello everyone!
I got myself a Fenix Neo vaporizer today, however even after 5 heating cycles it still gives off a plastic fume smell.
same problem. Handling e.g. vaping with ginger. Don't inhale. Blow into them hole from below, somehow. 10 burn-offs may be enough. ... :(
And I have to be up for doing this nonsense. I'll try it out soon. Apparently you need some patience. It is certainly pretty good since the area of the filling chamber is large.

Mischa,

Mischa

Correct.
Fenix is quite well known in Europe through the Mini and the Pro. Well marketed by Wolkenkraft under a different brand than Äris and Ultra. Only good reviews. Devices are great.
Utillian620 is the US or canada brand I think.
But this are only brands.
Made by a chinese company. Of course there must have been a first creator of the designs.

Neo has arrived in Europe some months ago. It comes without rechargable akkus. Zirkonium path: how to clean? One can only put it into isopropylalk. for some hours. The entire air duct is not accessible (like with the FenixPro/Äris/Utillian620). As a Fenix/Äris user one would have expexted this. Maybe 10 burn-offs are needed before using. Don't inhale - blow through from below.

chamber quite large. Size and appearance are good, esp. for on the way use . Chamber quite large.

Mischa,
Reactions: KeroZen

Mischa

Does anyone have experience with cleaning the completely inaccessible zirconium air duct? Of course put it in isopropanol, but any other ideas or tricks?

Mischa,

Mischa

Hello everyone!
Yes.
Continue with burn-offs. Things like ginger are said to help. Blow with a hose throuch the airinput. You don't want water in your neo.

Mischa,
Top Bottom