Favorite Video Game?

bcleez

Favorite game of all time has to be Super Mario 64. It is perfection.

Honorable mention goes to Day of the tentacle for PC.

bcleez,

GhostVapor

nah no team. although I do have LAN games with me and 3 to 5 of my buddies. I guess you could say were a team :)

GhostVapor,

bcleez

vtac said:
If I had 1 minute to choose...

Fighting:
Soul Calibur dc
Marvel vs Capcom arcade

FPS:
UT99 pc
TF2 pc

All time... have to go with the sentimental choice. I'll never forget unwrapping that NES.

http://ui30.gamespot.com/1693/supermariobros1_2.jpg
:)
I remember when new NES games would come out and my friends and I would be like "LOOK AT THOSE GRAPHICS!!!!!!!" "It can't get any better than this"

bcleez,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Metro 2033

I played through a few hours of this last night and I just had to post here and recommend it. I'm a sucker for single player FPS games with great atmosphere and immersion, and this fits the bill perfectly. The graphics really are beautiful - some of the best lighting and shadowing effects i've ever seen, better than even Crysis. It really gives my graphics card quite the work out.

It's kinda like STALKER (and maybe FEAR) in its creepy atmosphere, but without all the bugs and glitches and with better production value overall. Less open and less-RPG-like, more linear and cinematic (in-game, not pre-rendered custscenes everywhere), like the Half-Life games.

Also - and this is very important to me - 3D Vision works perfectly with this game, and it makes the experience that much more intense!

*EDIT* Well, I have to say, i'm pretty disappointed in this game. After the initial "Wow" factor any strong buzz, the game really just isnt that fun to play. Something about the hit detection and performance dips just makes it unpleasant to play for me anymore.

steiner666,
I don't know about the rest of you but the release of God of War III has just about pushed me off the fence on buying a ps3. Have you seen this shit? The commercials are very faithful to the actual gameplay video I have seen too.

One word: FANfuckingTASTIC!

Howie Feltersnatch,

gb902

Vaporog
Last night I was very high and have tried Zeno Clash (PC), a VERY weird game with awesome graphics details, it's just amazing, try it if you can...
I would to know if there are weird immersive games that worth to play, any suggestions?

gb902,

edamame

vaporist
They can be really hit or miss for me... Depending on the game's complexity I may end up going absolutely nowhere. I really want to try playing some "bullet hell" shooters such as Mushihimesama Futari or ESP Galuda II for the 360 while vaped sometime, I figure the screen being filled with bullets would be pretty amazing to watch.

edamame,

sour

Final Fantasy XIII has my interest at the moment, and I'm pretty close to beating Bioshock, and I have Bioshock 2 just waiting for me to start it.

sour,

bstar

The Cultures series, i.e., Cultures, Cultures 2, Northland, and 8th Wonder of the World.
And if anyone has played those, I will be shocked. :)

bstar,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
got sucked into Just Cause 2 past few weeks, it has displaced all other games I have been playing before I bought it. Waiting on Red Dead Redemption to take over my gameplay on this game.

DevoTheStrange,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
recently finished mass effect 2 - great game/series so far. currently re-playing God of War 1 & 2 so I can really appreciate God of War 3. Also recently finished Heavy Rain for PS3, pretty good RPG...

AgentofChaos,

sour

AgentofChaos said:
recently finished mass effect 2 - great game/series so far. currently re-playing God of War 1 & 2 so I can really appreciate God of War 3. Also recently finished Heavy Rain for PS3, pretty good RPG...
Are you playing GoW 1&2 on PS2 or PS3? I'm still replaying part 1 on PS3.

sour,

steiner666

Serial vapist
20091002_dragon_age_origins_pc_cover.jpg

The only games i've dumped more than a few dozen hours into in the past year+. I also enjoyed Mass Effect 2, but it was disappointing in some ways IMO, and despite some of the improvements and additions they made, i prefer a lot of the first games mechanics (like inventory and weapon upgrades and such). The game felt way too streamlined and was too easy even on the hardest diff. Also, some of the lighting and shadowing effects used in the game dont render in 3D properly, something the developers need to address. Which is pretty crazy since Dragon Age is from the same dev/publisher and works flawlessly in 3D and actually came out BEFORE Mass effect 2. But I think there was more time put into making a special PC version of Dragon Age, whereas Mass Effect2 is pretty much the same on PC as consoles.

Check out this video to see what Killing Floor is all about, it's insane: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inh0bZ6ibAA

steiner666,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
sour said:
AgentofChaos said:
Are you playing GoW 1&2 on PS2 or PS3? I'm still replaying part 1 on PS3.
Same here, I bought the God of War Collection for PS3, they did a great job remastering them in HD IMO.

AgentofChaos,

dub

vapor newb
im lovin COD MW2 at the moment just hit 10th prestige , aswell as left for dead 2 but u cant beat the oldies like sonic , zelda and mario

xbox gamertag- dub1983

dub,

Gatsby T Pig

I have many favorites across multiple systems. I started gaming on the Atari and Apple computer.

Currently own:
-Nintendo Wii(terrible name) - All Zelda's. All Mario's. The original Metroid, Excitebike, Mike Tyson's Punch-out(even though it is now called Punch-out featuring Mr. Dream, we all know who it really is).

-Xbox 360 - Hitman, Halo:CE, Halo2, Halo3, Halo ODST, Soul Calibur III. All GTA's since GTA III. Fight Night Round 3 and The Orange Box(Portal is definitely in my top 10 all-time best). On the XBLA I bought Shadow Complex, Castle Crashers and Trials HD(One of my all time favorites).

____ Halo: Reach Beta____

GT- Gatsby T Pig

Gatsby T Pig,

steiner666

Serial vapist
url

We've been playing this on co-op for the past couple weekends. I must say, after some initial tweaking (increasing the field of view, disabling mouse smoothing, etc), this game is awesome! It's like a multiplayer RPG meets FPS. I played it a bit on single player when it first came out, but i didnt start appreciating just how fun it is until i had a few friends over to play through some of it together with. There are more/stronger enemies when there are more players, and we got in some pretty insane battles! Huuuge game too, no lack of content here, thats for sure!

steiner666,
Top Bottom