EXTREME VS. SILVER SURFER (efficiency, etc.)

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
This was inspired by what seemed to be a 'hot' discussion topic (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=18273#p18273). Please feel free it comment here but please be kind and try to differentiate experience from fact from opinion. ;)

I'll start...

Progress - PS: I also agree with basically everything Max stated in his post above (very insightful, Max! )--maybe except "Is the SSV more efficient at delivering a high percentage of vapor per hit vs. the Extreme? Yes." (IMO, it depends more on the user's familiarity with the unit than the unit itself, but maybe I got crazy and tried the cup screen thing with a full Cyclone...
M - It's too late for me to try that trick, so maybe that method is an equalizer. OTOH, that's not the way it was designed to be used, and it certainly isn't general knowledge. It's possible that an SSV trick/modification could boost that unit's performance in that area as well. So I'd say that 'out of the box', with no tips, tricks, or mods, the SSV definitely provides a higher vapor to air ratio. But since, performance wise, that's the ony SSV edge (except for the higher temp that's attainable), you certainly have to factor that against the versatility of the Extreme.
I was not claiming that the particular method mentioned was an 'equalizer' (more that there are many factors pertaining to the usage of both units that impact their performance, and that I have not had issues getting either to perform).

I'm not sure what you mean by 'general knowledge' and hope that the manufacturers of both units don't mind consumers to use their units in the way that best suits them (warranty violations, etc. excluded). If you have/find any unmentioned SS 'tricks/modifications that could boost its performance' please DO post them in the SSV thread. :)

I'd also have to beg to differ and say that 'out of the box', with no tips, tricks, or mods, the Extreme definitely provided a higher vapor to air ratio (IME). However, I add to that the disclaimer that I got acquainted with the SSV through someone who set it up for everyone to use and 'that was that'. OTOH, I was aware of the arrival of the E and did a great deal of research on how to get the most out of the unit prior to its arrival. Since then, I have become familiar with both of them enough to be able to get purposefully get desired results (withing the realm of whip vapor technology, at least).

I have never had any issues with either unit not getting hot enough (although the E does seem to have more glass that'll really impact it's performance negatively if not hot--than the SSV)
Beezleb - I think you will find many vocal ssv users selected the SSV based on what it can do and in general relation to how the SSV fits into their smoking style...[...]...I try to explain the difference to people, advocate further research on their vapes of interest all so that they can choose what is best for them. (full comment at http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=18473#p18473)
I agree with your comments and appreciate your opinions :tup: (despite your possible temptation to steer the thread into a 'PD/SSV comparison thread') :p
Illadelph - i know this is off topic, but since we're voicing our opinions..............i personally do not think the E is a "finiky" device at all.i have NEVER had problems with the cyclone coming off when taking the whip off or any other related problems with the parts. i also agree with max in that efficiency of units like the SSV or E that can contain more material is based on the methods used in vaping. i can get away with getting lit off of just covering the screen's surface of my E whereas i could just fill the whole damn bowl up. efficiency is largely in part connected with the way you consume.
If you knew that your comment was 'off topic' then why didn't you...? JK :p. I don't know what you mean by 'finicky', but also have not really had any problems with any of the parts (aside from stupid/funny things like someone turning an inline upside-down, pouring water down the whip, and wetting the herbs :lol: Or the time that it got knocked out of a spot it was nestled on two lower branches of a tree and the heating element cover broke :lmao: OR the time that... :rofl: ).

That being said...the Extreme IME/O has more features and therefore has more of a chance of being a disappointment to those who don't/aren't-willing-to/can't toke the time to figure out how to meet individual preferences in various modes (combinations of differences in Temperature, Fan-Speed1/2/3, bag/no-bag, water-tool/none, draw speed, filling style/amount, etc.). The SSV is a tried and true whip vaporizer that, despite my personal experience, may be easier to use out 'out-of-the-box' (IMO).

I look foreword to what others have to say and to the possibility of learning more about both units :D .

Toke it easy...

edit:
Progress - I agree with your comments and appreciate your opinions :tup: (despite your possible temptation to steer the thread into a 'PD/SSV comparison thread') :p
Beezlebut - My statement towards the the PD (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=18473#p18473) was in relation to views of efficiency and in response to stick stones PD reference in respect to efficiency and is not an attempt to turn the discussion which is apparent when my actual words are read and not paraphrased (link added).
Just to let you know, B, I didn't hope to offend you or think you would react as defensively as you did. Do you think we should go back to the SSV thread to compare efficiency with the PD further? Do you think it was considerate to post that last post (below) in this thread when it has nothing to do with SSV vs. Extreme (are you willing to ask that the mods remove that post)?. Please feel free to respond to these questions in this thread, as I hope we can edit and/or request the mods remove irrelevant posts/comments once this possible misunderstanding is resolved.

Progress,

Beezleb

Progress,

My statement towards the the PD was in relation to views of efficiency and in response to stick stones PD reference in respect to efficiency and is not an attempt to turn the discussion which is apparent when my actual words are read and not paraphrased.

Beezleb,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
lol progress, the only reason i used the word "finicky" is because thats the word dd used to describe the E's parts,accessories, and design. i think he means cheap and like tacky. for me, all the parts on the E seem solid and everything seems to fit snug and right.

illadelph,
Top Bottom