Extreme Q compared to other vapes

UncleJunior

I have a Buddha right now and think it works great, but I have a $200 gift card to amazon and just noticed how cheap the Extreme Q was... http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-Extreme-4-0-Herbal-Vaporizer/dp/B003GD2KME/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_5

Cheaper than the buddha now... really? Did I miss something, was this that cheap a year ago when I bought the buddha? Anyway, for people who use that vape and have also used a 7th floor vape.. Would you buy the extreme q in addition to another good vape or would I be wasting my money?

Does anyone use the bag option frequently? Is it close to the volcano? I've narrowed it down to the MFLB or the extreme q. I could use a portable vape, but if the bag option on the extreme works well I'll get that one.

UncleJunior,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I have an EQ and I love it. However, if you already have a DBV then I would get an MFLB to use as a portable. I think you'd be happier with one home and one portable, rather than 2 nice home units. I've tried the bags with the Q, but it really wasn't my thing. It's great for vaporbonging, though.

:2c:

Stu,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
UncleJunior said:
I have a Buddha right now and think it works great, but I have a $200 gift card to amazon and just noticed how cheap the Extreme Q was... http://www.amazon.com/Arizer-Extreme-4-0-Herbal-Vaporizer/dp/B003GD2KME/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_5

Cheaper than the buddha now... really? Did I miss something, was this that cheap a year ago when I bought the buddha? Anyway, for people who use that vape and have also used a 7th floor vape.. Would you buy the extreme q in addition to another good vape or would I be wasting my money?

Does anyone use the bag option frequently? Is it close to the volcano? I've narrowed it down to the MFLB or the extreme q. I could use a portable vape, but if the bag option on the extreme works well I'll get that one.

If your looking for bag use, id go for the HerbalAire...you could probably find one in your price range....for one, your budda already has the whip hit department covered. And the ha, while whip hit compatible, is best with bag use....and for some portable situations, the ha could work too. It is very durable, and could be used outside, with a car inverter, or extension cord...

I own the EQ, and love it, but I'm thinking about selling it to purchase something more dedicated to bags...as far as the EQ goes, its great for whip mode, and bags aren't that bad, but I can see room for improvement with the bag mode...

Purpl3_Haz3,
Disclaimer: I've never used an EQ or even seen one in person.

But I think I've read some stuff on the board about the EQ that suggest that tinkering with the screen position, finding the perfect fan setting, the perfect heat, maybe adding a metal wire to elevate a lower screen (if I recall, in at least one person's opinion), and some other tricks. I know there were requests for custom EQ bowls, perhaps for this purpose. I think some people have managed to get great bags out of the Extreme.

I have an HA and like it. It is durable and effective with some very real caveats, check the HA thread if you want my opinion on it. The EQ is much beloved with few detractors, and you probably can't go wrong with either one.

charliedontsurf,

beach bum

I think a lot of the "tinkering" for the Extreme and EQ is really to customize for individual preference. I've had the Extreme v3 for a year and a half - was able to pull it from the box and use it (to my satisfaction) on day 1. Of course, a lot of that came from reading the thread here and making some educated decisions once I received my own unit. I was very thankful for all those who posted their knowledge and made my learning curve much less steep!

I love the whip and bags on the Extreme...both provide me with a very pleasant experience and get me where I want to be (quickly). :D However, I think folks that have the HA feel the same way about their vape. While I don't have an HA, I sure wouldn't turn my nose up at it! Seems they are both quality products and it may just come down to personal preference.

beach bum,

Tech_R6

I have an EQ and have used an SSV multiple times. I much prefer the EQ to the SSV. i found it much easier to dial in where i wanted my temp and the whole unit was easier to use. You can leave your nug in the bowl attached to the unit without worrying about wasting anything.

Tech_R6,
Top Bottom