EVOLV Cricket

80Sixed

In response to DJ,

I personally have never put anything other than live hash rosin that has passed state inspections in this device.

That is just to say, there is no excuse for the degradation in the silicone.

That being said, you should also absolutely be able to smoke distillate with even botanical terpenes added without having to worry about bits of silicone ending up in your chamber. ESPECIALLY at this price point.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
ESPECIALLY at this price point.

This is the only true miss on the device. The tech and materials are top notch, but the price point just demands a higher standard on the refinement that Cricket hasn’t achieved yet. I’m not mad at any of the shortcomings for the blem price I paid, but full retail would be another story.

Smknbud

Recently my Blem Cricket started acting wonky and I was getting 'error' 'check atomizer' and 'ohms too low' errors which led me to contact Evolv since it was still under warranty. At first they sent me a new bucket thinking it was the problem, and it was not, so then I was told to send it in for repairs, which I did, and instead of repairing and sending me back my blem Cricket they sent me a new in box retail version.
Now that's customer service. Thanks Evolv.

173987717.jpg

Smknbud

After weeks and many many dabs on my replacement Cricket I couldn't help but notice that my glass chimney has not needed cleaning, not once yet, unlike my old Blem that would have required multiple cleanings over that same time period. I haven't changed a thing with my routine including the type concentrate, dab size or inhale rate. The only thing I noticed was that the glass chimney on the new unit is flush with the rubber grommet whereas the blem unit chimney protruded past the grommet a few millimeters. Not sure if this was a deliberate design change or not?? Trust me, I'm not complaining.

174047907.jpg

Pinehurst

After weeks and many many dabs on my replacement Cricket I couldn't help but notice that my glass chimney has not needed cleaning, not once yet, unlike my old Blem that would have required multiple cleanings over that same time period. I haven't changed a thing with my routine including the type concentrate, dab size or inhale rate. The only thing I noticed was that the glass chimney on the new unit is flush with the rubber grommet whereas the blem unit chimney protruded past the grommet a few millimeters. Not sure if this was a deliberate design change or not?? Trust me, I'm not complaining.

174047907.jpg
Sounds like the chimney sat in the tub in your other unit

Pinehurst,
Reactions: Smknbud

Pinehurst

The Cricket is by far the most efficient way to dab, it is also the messiest.

I've found the smaller the load the better but no matter how small, I'm always left with material outside the bucket and it builds up kinda fast. You absolutely can't go a whole day without q-tips. Rosin seems to get sucked up the chimney if the load is the size of a bb. This also means you can't share the device.

However, loading about 1/4 rice grain and doing a single hit gets one heavily medicated. I can't do that with a banger or a Peak pro.

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
I can't agree with you more. I love the hits but the mess and amount of cleanup almost make it not worthwhile. I too load very small and find I have to clean it with alcohol and a Q-Tip every two or three loads. The area around the bucket gets to be a sticky mess and the glass chimney starts to clog. And removing the bucket to clean is necessary every dozen or so loads. The vapor deposits everywhere!

But the hits don't make me cough, they get me super stoned so I put up with the incessant cleaning necessary. I prefer the Evolv hits to any of the other concentrate devices I have.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I use a qtip and an alcohol swab with every dab, keeps it fairly clean for quite a while. I don’t use it every day, but there’s also no way it’s leaving my rotation.

Same here, I’m the type that cleans almost all my stuff after I’m done, so it’s just part of my routine.
Two Qtips, gets most of the mess, then I’ll wet one with ethanol, and pump the heat on a bit, and wipe everything on the tub top. My biggest complaint would be cleaning the ultra THIN glass chimney!
I use an ISO soaked Oral-B “SuperFloss”, it’s the only thing I’ve found that can inside, the floss has some additional material in the middle that holds some of the ethanol or ISO, all this while it’s still in the MP cap, as taking the glass chimney out is tricky, I got it out a few times, and was just holding it between my finger tips, but not squeezing hard, and it broke in half, flat. That’s when I looked at that one and the included backup under a magnifying glass. The bends in these tiny glass hollow pieces, is incredibly THIN. Not getting too much oil in that piece, is what helps me remember to load…. SMALL.

Pinehurst

I use a qtip and an alcohol swab with every dab, keeps it fairly clean for quite a while. I don’t use it every day, but there’s also no way it’s leaving my rotation.
Yeah I'm right there with ya. I can't bring myself to sell it and it's absolutely perfect a few select occasions and I'd miss it on those occasions but damn Evolve, didn't y'all test this thing buy ripping it on the go? Anyway #EndRant

Got a cricket a couple weeks ago and decided to make a stand and cap catch for it the other day!
Stand is printed from PLA and Lid holder is from TPU.

Is there any way that I could get/you could post the .stl for the tether? Or even the stand? Looks pretty neat!

ErosAzrael,

Timps27

I went a little nuts on quartz nails the past month or so, long story short it’s done a number on my tolerance and I didn’t want to be stepping out every hour at Christmas to rip a Tempest. Cricket was a fantastic option to pack in, lazily with a couple of gram jars. If I had done any prep at all I could have packed up my pucks, woulda been pretty rad to have all that power in such small form factor.

Still very happy with my Cricket!

ETA: Not to intentionally throw any shade at Puffco, but honestly if the option had been Tempest or my Proxy, 100% would have gone with Tempest. If you travel at all, Cricket is a game changer.

Pinehurst

I went a little nuts on quartz nails the past month or so, long story short it’s done a number on my tolerance and I didn’t want to be stepping out every hour at Christmas to rip a Tempest. Cricket was a fantastic option to pack in, lazily with a couple of gram jars. If I had done any prep at all I could have packed up my pucks, woulda been pretty rad to have all that power in such small form factor.

Still very happy with my Cricket!

ETA: Not to intentionally throw any shade at Puffco, but honestly if the option had been Tempest or my Proxy, 100% would have gone with Tempest. If you travel at all, Cricket is a game changer.
See, I feel the opposite, I left my cricket at home and traveled to the inlaws with my proxy. I knew Id have to be sneaking out and I didn't want to have to worry about a clogged chimney or a 5 minute cleaning job between sesh. The Proxy is SO much more convenient. Throw in a decent rice grain and rip for two or three heat cycles and clean the whole thing with a single swab.

I'm fact, since I've gotten the Proxy, I haven't touched the Cricket. The cleaning is such a pain, the only use I can see the Cricket is something like a work function where I might only have 5 seconds to myself.

Pinehurst,
Reactions: mixchu69

Timps27

I suppose if you don’t use the device properly it’s probably difficult to keep anything clean. Cricket is easy as could be to keep clean, and as someone who dabs of quartz multiple times daily, Cricket has more than enough power to get me where I need.

Don’t put in half a gram, don’t rip it like you’re doing shotguns on a beaker, activate the prewarmer and swab it clean when you’re done. Couldn’t be simpler 🤷🏻‍♂️

Timps27,

Pinehurst

I suppose if you don’t use the device properly it’s probably difficult to keep anything clean. Cricket is easy as could be to keep clean, and as someone who dabs of quartz multiple times daily, Cricket has more than enough power to get me where I need.

Don’t put in half a gram, don’t rip it like you’re doing shotguns on a beaker, activate the prewarmer and swab it clean when you’re done. Couldn’t be simpler 🤷🏻‍♂️
I've had it long enough that I've more than figured out how to best use the device. And you are 100% it does have more than enough power to melt ones face for the better part of a full day, but it's a messy ass device no matter how you slice it. Its very possible I am a bit neurotic about keeping it clean, in fact its probable. But with the proxy, I can leave the iso at home. With the Cricket, iso is necessary. Also, I definitely cant pass the Cricket around. By the time the 3rd person hit it, you'd need a deep clean. I'm not saying it doesn't have its place. Its an incredible device, it just has this one really handicapping issue for me, which is the amount of time spent getting it ready for the next dab. Now that I say that, knowing I'm taking my Proxy through two heat cycles every sesh, that's probably the issue for me.

Its an amazing niche device but it is very niche.

Pinehurst,
Top Bottom