Erig vs enail, im so confused.

strech

Can you get a hit if you ditch the pearl?

For your reference. Standard and deep dish both from 710 with sapphire insert from constant gems and a pi ball cap.

strech,

Enialis

I decided to make a new thread to refocus several conversations I started in other threads as things have slowly shifted topics as I've dug deeper and deeper into the issue.

The most relevant posts are the ones I left here:

Post in thread '710 coils' https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/710-coils.29284/post-1560790

Since the issue no longer has much to do with 710coils and those posts were really just wrapping up part of the conversation that did and starting a new one I didn't want to hijack that thread so I figured I should take the non relevant questions elsewhere.

Tl;dr I need to figure out why my core/hyperion erig that takes uses sequoia 510 titanium bucket coils is able to give me better flavor, get me more medicated, with a fraction of the material that a quartz banger enail with inserts and pearls uses that will not get me medicated no matter how much I used.

I'm not really sure what to say since I think I've said it all and included pictures in that other thread and am just completely burnt out by this when $6 dabs aren't able to even give me any relief unless I use my slowly dying erig thats on its last coil that I can't replace due to the vape mail ban decides to fire up. I'm several several hundred dollars in the hole now trying to switch from a $150 erig to a completely top shelf end game enail and don't even know what to say anymore, so ask away if you think you can help me figure this out and ill respond with all the information and picture required.

Enialis,

strech

For your reference. Standard and deep dish both from 710 with sapphire insert from constant gems and a pi ball cap.

Mods can you move post to this thread??

strech,

Enialis

I get the same unsatisfactory, low vapor hit with or without the the pearl or insert, on any pipe with any cap in every combination thats occurred to me.

Don't get me wrong its technically a hit, but the wasteful kind that made me switch from torches to temp controlled wax pens and erigs and want to try this in the first place. I would be off my ass had I hit the same amount through my erig fwiw and have gotten nothing out of the near half gram I've gone through today.

Enialis,

strech

I get the same unsatisfactory, low vapor hit with or without the the pearl or insert, on any pipe with any cap in every combination thats occurred to me.

Don't get me wrong its technically a hit, but the wasteful kind that made me switch from torches to temp controlled wax pens and erigs and want to try this in the first place. I would be off my ass had I hit the same amount through my erig fwiw and have gotten nothing out of the near half gram I've gone through today.
Can you take a video of you doing a hit? It's almost 4:20here so rip it!!

Enialis

Can you take a video of you doing a hit? It's almost 4:20here so rip it!!
Which one do you want a hit of, the e rig, the enail or both for comparison? If i use the same amount in each one it should be pretty noticeable that I'm getting more vapor and multiple hits from the erig vs the less vapor and 1 hit off the nail elecrric or torch.

and what specific configuration do you want me to have it in, pearls no pearls insert no insert? I can still use the pi cap it without the end it'll just be hot grabbing it by the bubble

Getting a video shouldn't be a problem i have a Webcam i use for telehealth appointments that I should be able to get a video with.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Did you get your coil tightened or is it still loose around the outside?

JCat,

Enialis

Did you get your coil tightened or is it still loose around the outside?
Shane helped me get it tightened properly so everything should be good on that end.

I'm not really sure what to do at all now. I'll spare you the multi paragraph story but tl:dr I spent $60 at the smoke shop for 2 carb caps and a stand to hold the pi cap since the handle part broke off when it rolled earlier.

Fast forward to now, both carb caps I bought work worse than earlier and now the tip of the pi cap is broken from setting it down in the banger. Idk if it clicked the side or if it was thermal shock, but now I'm to scared to even try to medicate with what precious little concentrate I have left and have started vomiting because of that and probably some of this stress.

I'll get some video when my stomach settles down and I'm not so stressed out. I wanted to show how the pi cap was working but thats out now. I still have one that kind of works I can use. I have absolutely no idea what to do for a carb cap long term and for the next few days because there's nothing left for me to try locally and two of the caps I bought tonight that didn't work came from one of the places I almost ordered them from so thats out to.

Enialis,
  • Sad
Reactions: arb

Enialis

Okay, sorry for the hold up, got some video of the enail and the erig im using for comparison. I put 0.05g (50mg) in each. I didnt even get a hit off the enail and there was nothing left in the dish by the third lungful and the erig choked me out and i had to stop for a minute and catch my breath and couldnt finish it in the video.

Enail: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CRcNGXVG93_zGApwleS0ZLXx-auXhfcH/view?usp=sharing

Erig: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VgBp_Lpa6OHJHxvQLDl6fHueYYYHJ5MN/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if theres a better way to share them than google drive I dont have social media really but could upload them to youtube or twitter i think.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So after seeing that I would ditch the quartz insert drop + ruby pearl, quartz insert drops don’t really work that well with an enail in my experience. If you want to dab how you’re doing in the video you will probably want to turn the temperature up several hundred degrees.

I’d suggest dabbing directly out of the main quartz bucket, or turning the temp up until you’re satisfied.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Your enail didn't get going until the third hit (probably because of the time it took to get heat into the insert), but it looked like you got a good hit at the end. I also found inserts to be a pain. Why don't you try it directly off the banger? You might like it.

I was checking out those core erigs too. They were selling them at a good price. But they really are just a Sai plus with a bubbler attached. Still the all in one idea is very convenient. I think this is why so many are loving the Stache Rio's.

BabyFacedFinster,

Enialis

So after seeing that I would ditch the quartz insert drop + ruby pearl, quartz insert drops don’t really work that well with an enail in my experience. If you want to dab how you’re doing in the video you will probably want to turn the temperature up several hundred degrees.

I’d suggest dabbing directly out of the main quartz bucket, or turning the temp up until you’re satisfied.
Is the hit the same without the insert?

The hit is worse in terms of flavor and vapor and gives me only one tiny puff without the insert or pearl from burning up faster without them. I can do another video without either tonight when I get more concentrate to keep testing.

I'm not sure if it's in the video but I was running the controller at 700° already which reads as 650° on the ir gun inside the insert, but any less without the insert and I'm wasting a lot of oil going down the neck or up the sides of the banger and any higher without the insert (650-700) and my dab burns up immediately. Id like to be able to get consistent results at temps down towards 550 which is what my erig reads and what everyone else seems to be able to do.

Even at 550-600° with no insert im either getting similar results to the video or its hot enough that I only get one puff.

Enialis,

Enialis

Your enail didn't get going until the third hit (probably because of the time it took to get heat into the insert), but it looked like you got a good hit at the end. I also found inserts to be a pain. Why don't you try it directly off the banger? You might like it.

I was checking out those core erigs too. They were selling them at a good price. But they really are just a Sai plus with a bubbler attached. Still the all in one idea is very convenient. I think this is why so many are loving the Stache Rio's.
They are exactly a sequoia atomizer (sai+) with a battery and bubbler attached without even the temp control yous have using the same atty on a mod box.

But thats whats throwing me off, the titanium bucket in that on paper shouldn't be hitting harder and getting me more medicated with better flavor than a proper enail setup using triple the amount of concentrate.

I'll do a non coldstart/drop tek tonight. It does take a bit to heat up but according to the temp gun it gets to 650° after 1 minute where it should be hitting afaik and I thought I had waited that long in the video.

So you guys are thinking I should do a couple no insert, no pearl? How much vapor off how much concentrate should I even be expecting? If i run it at lower temperatures dabs start lasting over a minute but the vapor is so whispy that it has no effect on me and any higher than 700 on the controller without an insert or cold start and most of my vapor is gone before I can cap it and it just condenses on the walls of the banger and down the neck.

arb

Semi shaved ape
We have quite a few option for concentrates here and I get the best taste out of the titanium buckets in a sequoia myself.
First three pulls off a fresh load are just delicious.
Not sure why I like the taste better that way but I do.
No gemstone use here though just quartz and titanium.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
unless I use my slowly dying erig thats on its last coil that I can't replace due to the vape mail ban decides to fire up.

BTW, I don't know if it was mentioned, but Divine Tribe offers both replacement parts for core erig coils and also his own sic bucket coil that just came out. Just scroll to the bottom.

BabyFacedFinster,

Enialis

Sorry, had to step away from the forum and this situation and switch to flower for a few days that became a few more days because it was starting to affect the rest of my life and the controller got delayed by a day or two and then when it got here I wanted to spend a few days using it just to make sure I wasn't over thinking it.

@strech I did get my new controller in, it's noticeably better than before in so many ways that if I hadn't stepped away I would have probably said problem solved in my excitement.

So instead of doing that I measured my intake with both devices to figure out if I was wasting oil in the enail and it seems like the answer is yea. It looks like everything's working the way its supposed to but I have to take 3 dabs out of the enail to get the same effects as 1 dab out of the erig.

I have default pid settings right now, besides changing oth to 67% to adjust for a 150w coil as the instructions indicate.

like I said, it works exactly like my torch nail now, to be clear. But it doesn't taste better or conserve any more product/produce more vapor compared to what i was doing before spending all of this money and thats what I thought it would do being an endgame quality setup.

Tbf, I think dabbing off the sic dish on the vrod i got sucks to but worse, so I don't know if thats its own issue, or if enails just aren't for me.

To be clear I hate dabbing with a torch as well and for cost reasons have only been willing to do it out of erigs or similar devices because they save me so much money compared to any banger based solution. I can't even afford to use this if I can't get it to work with 0.02g dabs and it seems like it just wastes them in comparison no matter what I try at this point.

We have quite a few option for concentrates here and I get the best taste out of the titanium buckets in a sequoia myself.
First three pulls off a fresh load are just delicious.
Not sure why I like the taste better that way but I do.
No gemstone use here though just quartz and titanium.
Are you preferring the ti buckets sequoia buckets over enail option your saying? Because that's what my erig uses and would maybe confirm this is some kind of preference problem and that I purchased the wrong device entirely.

I'm preferring my core erig that was linked with the ti bucket with pearls for flavor and potency over everything which seems wierd. I hate the quartz buckets for it though because i think they are reclaim machines. Does that mean anything?

Do I have a ti preference I don't know about since I seem to be having so many problems with quartz and sic?

Makes me wonder if ti enail would be what I'd actually want or not. I'm having problems getting any vapor off my vrods sic dish as well though with its fitted cap so maybe that means I wouldn't like hybrid nails either.

Last edited:
Enialis,

strech

Different strokes for different folks.

What I'm not understanding is your saying some erig thing is able to give you the same hits as your banger but the banger needs 3x as much product?

Enialis

Different strokes for different folks.

What I'm not understanding is your saying some erig thing is able to give you the same hits as your banger but the banger needs 3x as much product?
Yea basically. I can load 0.02g into my erig which is really just a 510 bubbler basically and it only takes me 1 puff to get medicated and I usually get 2 or 3 out of it. That amount won't produce enough vapor in the enail to get me medicated, I have to take multiple 0.02g to get to where I need to be instead of just 1.

If I put a little over 0.05g in then it's a 50/50 whether it goes to waste or gets me medicated but either way I can't afford to use any more at once than I already am.

Sometimes I'm able to get a pearl spinning or the proper airflow though and finish it in 2 hits starting with 1 big hit that gets me medicated but thats happened maybe three times with about a 1/4oz of wax used without even much feeling medical or recreational.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yeah I think unfortunately you may have read too much into this "end game" stuff. Everyone has their preferences.

I will say I do dabs that size all the time on my banger, it's no issue. You might try turning your temperature up a bit; also are you still doing quartz insert drops? Better to do an uptemp in the banger with your controller IMO. The 710coils bangers are kind of thick to uptemp well though, they're more designed for static temp dabs or torching to me.

Enialis

Yeah I think unfortunately you may have read too much into this "end game" stuff. Everyone has their preferences.

I will say I do dabs that size all the time on my banger, it's no issue. You might try turning your temperature up a bit; also are you still doing quartz insert drops? Better to do an uptemp in the banger with your controller IMO. The 710coils bangers are kind of thick to uptemp well though, they're more designed for static temp dabs or torching to me.
I've mostly been using my sic inserts at static temps or uptemping. Same issues with the quartz there just less convenient to clean.

I hope I didn't read into it but it feels like it. I did so much research though. So far it just as wasteful imo as torching. The ENTIRE reason I bought all of this was because I couldn't afford to dab with torches and everything I was reading seemed to indicate that this was not like that at all but a superior form of electronic vaporization that was even better than what the erigs and non-banger concentrate vapes do.

Even my cloud evo was just a bigger version of the erigs in terms of cost effectiveness so I'm just dumbfounded because every single person and every thing I read about this said that all the battery powered or other electronic devices were just a poor imitation of a real enail.

I just wanted a plug in version of what I already had with my cheap erig to avoid batteries and cost from coil changes, its nothing fancy just a straight uptemp without temp control.

What would you recommend then for uptemps? I got a deep dish banger thinking it was for inserts, that couldn't be the problem could it? I've invested basically all of my stimulus money into this already and even if I change i won't be able to reuse the coil because its a deep dish : (

Since I like ti should I try a cheap ti nail or hybrid nail before giving up and trying to sell all of this? If I could find a pid based solution that would save me hundreds of dollars. I've spent close to a grand on all of this when it looks like I should have just bought a peak...

Edit: tldr is what I want even possible? Does this mean I don't like all enails or is it an issue caused by the banger design? I find my enail to be the same as torching and while it works its not anywhere close to an uptemp from erigs and 510 devices.

Last edited:
Enialis,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What would you recommend then for uptemps?

Probably a Peak.

I get better uptemps with a torch than my enail. Sometimes I enjoy an enail uptemp but I think the banger is too thick to do it all the time because it responds a bit slow.

You can do an uptemp with the JCAT controller directly out of the banger without an insert, you might try that.

But it sounds like you may just prefer an e-rig.

Top Bottom