enhancing the absorption

crawdad

floatin
CYP 3A4 is an enzyme that helps to metabolize things put into your body, such as toxins and drugs, so it alters it before its fully absorbed. interfering with this enzyme allows your body to absorb more into bloodstream and all parts, well...not the intestine as researchers have found, but im not concerned with that.

turns out grapefruit juice has something that has the effect of CYP 3A4 interruption and hence more of what you put in is allowed to be passed around the body, ie...higher doses than usual.

im gonna test naturally, ive read where its hit and miss with some so im not expecting a whole lot. i actually really like grapefruit juice but usually don't buy it due to cost, but with this reading i might make an exception since its cheaper than a bowl. worse case is the juice promotes some health, not worried.

some links i found interesting...

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=2726
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/21/h...e8347bdb9afac9&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500368_162-1604338.html

crawdad,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've also heard that Myrcene in mangoes help THC to pass blood-brain barrier. Allowing more THC to get actually in the brain and not just get metabolized. I've once eaten one mango waited an hour and then vaped. Nothing unusual. Mabe it needs more mangoes or the boost is not that significant.

Seek,
Reactions: kertong

djonkoman

mangoes definatly works. curious to grapefruit, but won't try myself, don't like grapefruit.

djonkoman,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I knew that grapefruit juice would potentiate pain killers, they actually put the warning on some medicine not to take with GF juice, but haven't heard of any effect on THC.

I've just recently learned of mangoes, would like to try it.

Tweak,
Reactions: darkrom

SD_haze

Mangoes definitely did not work for me.

Did you use mangoes that were so ripe they were almost falling apart? That's what you need.
They don't come out of the supermarket like that so you usually have to seal them in a bag for a few days (sealing them up speeds up the ripening process)

You also need to time it right (20-40 mins before vaping if i remember)

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Yes, overripe mangoes, and lemongrass tea, and dark chocolate, preferably 87%+, but even as low as the 62% can work.

Quetzalcoatl,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
My mango was only ripe (soft to touch), not overripe. It was ripening for a week. It started to develop some black shit on it's top. So i had to eat it before it goes completely wrong.

Seek,

djonkoman

I tried mangoes 2 times, first time I split the mango with 1 or 2 friends, mango came right out the supermarket and only waited 15 min. that didn't work, but later when I tried ot again, whole mango for myself, 40-45 min. waiting and I think it aso ripened a bit longer, it did work. stronger effect, and also a slightly different high.

djonkoman,

kertong

*please delete me*
Oh wow, I *have* heard of grapefruit having a medical potentiating effect. I've known about mangoes and tried it - I thought I felt a slightly stronger, fatter high, but I could not effectively rule out placebo to say for sure that it worked. But I've never thought of applying grapefruit to the high..

I'll have to try the grapefruit. As a daily MMJ user my tolerance has taken quite a jump, and I don't enjoy the high nearly as much as I used to when I smoked recreationally and occasionally. Everything in moderation is best, I guess. :(

kertong,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i drink grapefruit juice like all time cause i like wierd tasin shit. on days off i drink a ton of it and now that i read this its all making sense!

Xchadb,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Grapefruit won't "potentiate" a cannabis high, doesn't work that way I'm pretty sure. You want to be careful with GFJ (especially of the white grapefruit variety) if you're prescribed opiates (Vicodin/hydrocodone, Percocets/oxycodone, etc) or benzodiazepines (Xanax/alprazolam, Klonopin/clonazepam, etc.) Due to a specific chemical in the grapefruits, when the actual grapefruit is digested, a specific enzyme is released by your body, which in turn "plugs" the other enzymes that are supposed to break down your opiates/benzos. The results can vary from a mild boost to a stronger-than-anticipated strength of your meds.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: darkrom

darkrom

Great Scott!
Grapefruit won't "potentiate" a cannabis high, doesn't work that way I'm pretty sure. You want to be careful with GFJ (especially of the white grapefruit variety) if you're prescribed opiates (Vicodin/hydrocodone, Percocets/oxycodone, etc) or benzodiazepines (Xanax/alprazolam, Klonopin/clonazepam, etc.) Due to a specific chemical in the grapefruits, when the actual grapefruit is digested, a specific enzyme is released by your body, which in turn "plugs" the other enzymes that are supposed to break down your opiates/benzos. The results can vary from a mild boost to a stronger-than-anticipated strength of your meds.

This has been the cause of death of some people who otherwise likely wouldn't have been in overdose category for their personal usage patterns as well with painkillers/benzos. The effect is increased, but along with that are the side effects including respiratory depression. I believe I also read somewhere that it MIGHT be a bad idea to drink it while on birth control, but that could just be a rumor since I have no source for that.

darkrom,

Tamataz

Icelander
I didnt read this whole thread but i can vouch for mangoes. I felt an effect with just one mango, stronger high. My 2 friends agreed. Dont vape/smoke right after eating it, it will just be sitting in your stomach. Wait like 45mins-hr.

Tamataz,

Poochka

Myrcene changes the high. some people either like the change or don't notice it. Ylang Ylang also has Myrcene in it but don't ingest Ylang Ylang. lol

Poochka,

nucleo

It's because they already have enough myrcene from their daily diet. You need to be deficient in myrcene to be able to tell the difference.

nucleo,
Reactions: Poochka
Top Bottom