How likely are to you to activelly seek out ECS info and learn about it ?

• very likely- most fascinating discovery in a long time

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • never - What the Hell is ECS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe- if only my peers apporove of such acts

• only when politicains are on baord

• I'm still waiting for medical schools to teach about ECS, the largest physiological system in man

• Total voters

C No Ego

Hello everyone ... I have not dropped any deep thought or info on here for a while and really miss these type of conversations on open board etc... here is a paste from the grasscity forum thread I started a while back with the latest accumulation of ECS info I've aquired ... not much response there ... still wondering why more people are not into ECS knowledge or talking more about it any time possible etc...

so here goes

Endocannabinoid system ( ECS) is the largest physiological system in mans body .. ECS is the only lipid signaling system to use what's termed, Retrograde signaling . that means that the biochemical lipid signaling messages ( cannabinoids) go backwards to inform cells of their surroundings and allows cells to make signaling adjustments accordingly ( exploring the Matrix/ extracellular space ) .

Predicted that the ECS consists of around 70 trillion cells ! Each cell that is part of metabolically active tissue cells is ECS. ECS is a system that utilizes lipids to form biochemical communication between 70 trillion cells !!! Predicted that each cell that is part of ECS ( 70 trill) signals around 15,000 cannabinoids a second per cell !!! Each cannabinoid message touches interior of cell 7 times before finalizing that signal ( 7 trans membrane super family of receptors / G protein-coupled receptors ) and is why a cell can achieve 15,000 cannabinoid messages a second as one message becomes 7 at a time ....

ECS uses exogenous lipids attained from diet ( essential fatty acids /Arachidonic acid ) ) to make signaling lipid metabolites ( cannabinoids) that are capable of functionally driving the mechanistic action potential of 70 trillion cells while connecting them all together to form an overall pro homeostasis response that protects cells that are pre existing and provides ways for new cells to be generated, new neuronal pathways etc....

chemical formula for the endocannabinoid Anandmide ( N archidonoylethanolamine ) - C22H37NO2 / and 347.53 G/mol in weight
in our cells we can only naturally form C-9 to C-11 then sequester phospholipids from the bi-layer of the cell to make the rest of the fully formed endocannabinoid ( C-22 / C-24) ... the sequestering of those lipids ( pulling from the cells surface) is attained from the cells via accumulation of lipids in the diets of the people hence why essential fatty acids are so important as they are the lipid substrates that make all that extra signaling capable ( C-9/C-11 then = C22/ C/24 etc...)

OK, so there is the system now onto cannabis lipids ...
phytocannabinoids are bio-mickers to endocannabinoids ... that means our cells will use the phytocannabinoid as a lipid signaling communicator in our cells.
phytocannabinoids are C-21 Terpenophenolic meroterpinoids that are Glandular resin secretions created in trcihomes of living cannabis plants . Soil mica ( metallic oxides ) are the base to form them and is why they are anti oxidant compounds in our cells ...
phytocannabinoids in our body act as free form cannabinoids/ free flow cannabinoids ... that means they are already Structured to signal as a fully formed cannabinoid metabolite and need not be sequestered from a cells' bi-layer like the essential fatty acids are used .

So to recap - ECS is 70 trillion cells each signaling 15K biochemical cannabinoids a second per cell !!!! add up that to get a scope of the activity in our cells ... ECS is not even taught in medical schools !!( LOL)

next when I have time I'll talk about Epoxides and fatty acid binding proteins that form endocannabinoids via catabolism derived, Enzymatic Hydrolyitic mechanisms used for oxygenating lipids into biochemicals

Next post /same post

Sea Squirt Developed endocannabinoid system 5 billion years ago . ECS is a way for all Chordate life ( creatures with spinal columns) to maintain cellular homeostasis in the void on nothing ( all time / all space ) .. ECS is the only physiological system in our bodies to use backwards post to pre synaptic communication in Retrograde which as I mentioned in first post allows cells to communicate with one another and make any changes in the cell that are needed from that communication being realized in each cell ....

making a cannabinoid and receptors is a form of oxygenating lipids via utilizing those cellular enzymes that are there to biodegrade lipids into biochemicals.
a Few are DAGL/ MAGL/ CYP450 / PPAR / FAAH /

When we ingest a plant cannabinoid such as from cannabis plant, those same cellular enzymes are needed to biodegrade those plant ligands into communications for ECS to connect with ... in some cases we have endocannabinoid deficiencies ( Severe endocannabinoid deficiencies) from a diet lacking certain lipids that functionally drive ECS mechanisms and our cells go into a state of dormancy etc.... which leads into oxidation related diseases and issues.

Activating the cells with Exogenous plant cannabinoid lipid metabolism can enliven the cells and make them perform again, with all those intracellular enzymatic functions being " turned on " .

Many of the cannabinoid receptors too are Voltage gated / ligand gated ionotropic receptors... using electrical voltage to Catabolize Hydrolytic mechanisms via calcium ions , another way that the cb receptors are crystallized etc....

creating ions in such a way makes free radicals in the cells and another type of cannabinoid receptor deals with that via whats termed Autophogy ( Recycling of damaged cellular components)

OK, so that's all I've got for now , please feel free to post info about the ECS as it is such a new discovery and anything we say about it is like a major revaluation, a paramount acheivment in the face of absolute ignorance and fear

MinnBobber

The ECS is really the most important system in your body as it is really…..a bio chemical computer that manages almost all of the body’s systems, seeking homeostasis or balance.

It aims for homeostasis, and one current critical area is our immune system— aims for not too sensitive (like in auto immune diseases) and not too loose (whereby invaders are not neutralized).

The ECS is in all creatures with a spinal cord.

You cannot truly understand the scope of cannabis health powers unless you understand the ECS. Cannabis is merely a supplement to the body’s own cannabinoids (Endocannabinoids) , which fuel/run the ECS.

And, the vast majority of people have a critical shortage of internal cannabinoids, mostly due to our diets which are low in Omega 3 fats, high in Omega6 fats. Without enough Omega3s, it’s just not possible for your body to produce enough Endocannabinoids.

Cannabis is nature’s supplement to our depleted ECS . It boosts the ECS to better control multiple body systems and explains why it can help with so many diseases/issues.

It was discovered in 1990s, yet most Med schools have little or no curriculum on the body’s most important system, the one which runs almost all of our systems…

If you understand the ECS, you understand the supreme health benefits of cannabis.

C No Ego

ECS is like a lipid buffer to the world ... each lipid we consume in the diet provides ECS a form of lipid substrate to perform biochemical achievements .
PUFAs ( poly unsaturated fatty acids) are 50% of brain mass , 50% of our brain is PUFAs .
cannabis plant phytocannabinoids are PUFAS, literally brain food for our brain to use as the brain needs as those lipid metabolites' metabolism is non selective , incapable of forcing into biochemical pathways and used non selectively by the cells as need per cell .

plant cannabinoid serves a role in our cells as an essential lipid fatty compound that non selectively expresses ... ( essential fatty acid/ essential fatty acyl )
there are Alkaloid monoterpenes/sesquiterpenes in cannabis that direct the metabolism of phytocannabinoids , known as entourage effects of course and the alkaloid properties of the plant are very minor hence why the safety profile of cannabis is so High .

we've predicted the Therapeutic index of cannabis to be around 50,000 to 1 ... capable of holding a therapeutic biological response without interfering with said therapy with side effects or poisonous effects like some pharma meds allow unfortunately .

Even more interesting is how plant cannabinoids are anti oxidants in our cells taking omega three pathways in order to fully metabolize ... most diets of people are so loaded with omega six that causes cellular inflammation etc .... cannabis seems to flip that and allow cellular protection via the pathwyas that are used to metabolize it .

@MinnBobber we posted about the same exact time !!!! thanks for post !

edit - want to mention the difference in essential fatty acids and phytocannabinoids
essential fatty acids are stright chain/ long chain fatty acids ... phytocannabinoids are that too but have a cis bend in the molecular configuration of them making them metabolize a bit differently albiet in the same exact pathways as essential fatty acids .
phytocannabinoids via that cis bend are more bio-active/ psychoactive etc.... and is what makes them a free form cannabinoid capable of Xpressing into cells alone with no needed help from the cells

Last edited:

Solomon

Talk to the Beard
This is very interesting! I have heard of ECS, but not in this level of detail, and it does explain why cannabis works so well on certain types of pain. In my case, spinal stenosis from multiple back and neck surgeries has left me with chronic pain. Got off opioids about 10 yrs ago, and now depend on weed and gabapentin (neural suppressor) .

Got my medical card a month ago and discovered there was more than just flower. That's where I discovered RSO - which contains all of those lipids and terpenes that are supposed to be important. The first time I ingested RSO was a revelation. The almost constant pain in my legs was gone like I had taken an oxi. I'd love to find out why RSO works better than flower or distillate. For now, I am just enjoying that something works and is readily available.

I also eat my RSO dissolved into MCT oil, which itself might benefit absorption. Not sure I completely understand what MCT "is", but again, it works...

DillGaff

The Endocannabinoid System as a Pharmacological Target for New Cancer Therapies​

Despite the long history of cannabinoid use for medicinal and ritual purposes, an endogenous system of cannabinoid-controlled receptors, as well as their ligands and the enzymes that synthesise and degrade them, was only discovered in the 1990s. Since then, the endocannabinoid system has attracted widespread scientific interest regarding new pharmacological targets in cancer treatment among other reasons. Meanwhile, extensive preclinical studies have shown that cannabinoids have an inhibitory effect on tumour cell proliferation, tumour invasion, metastasis, angiogenesis, chemoresistance and epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and induce tumour cell apoptosis and autophagy as well as immune response. Appropriate cannabinoid compounds could moreover be useful for cancer patients as potential combination partners with other chemotherapeutic agents to increase their efficacy while reducing unwanted side effects. In addition to the direct activation of cannabinoid receptors through the exogenous application of corresponding agonists, another strategy is to activate these receptors by increasing the endocannabinoid levels at the corresponding pathological hotspots. Indeed, a number of studies accordingly showed an inhibitory effect of blockers of the endocannabinoid-degrading enzymes fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) and monoacylglycerol lipase (MAGL) on tumour development and spread. This review summarises the relevant preclinical studies with FAAH and MAGL inhibitors compared to studies with cannabinoids and provides an overview of the regulation of the endocannabinoid system in cancer.

C No Ego

Sources please.

Anti-inflammatory ω-3 endocannabinoid epoxides​

Interplay Between n-3 and n-6 Long-Chain Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids and the Endocannabinoid System in Brain Protection and Repair​

Cannabimimetic phytochemicals in the diet – an evolutionary link to food selection and metabolic stress adaptation?*

and another pdf link to that one - https://www.sativaisticated.com/wp-...search-for-the-Endocannabinoid-System-ECS.pdf

Endocannabinoids in Feeding Behavior and Energy Homeostasis​

Bioactive Lipids and Lipid Sensing Receptors​

Nutritional Omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid mediated neuronal functions

slide show example - 4 slides https://www.phytecs.com/tour-the-ecs/
This is very interesting! I have heard of ECS, but not in this level of detail, and it does explain why cannabis works so well on certain types of pain. In my case, spinal stenosis from multiple back and neck surgeries has left me with chronic pain. Got off opioids about 10 yrs ago, and now depend on weed and gabapentin (neural suppressor) .

Got my medical card a month ago and discovered there was more than just flower. That's where I discovered RSO - which contains all of those lipids and terpenes that are supposed to be important. The first time I ingested RSO was a revelation. The almost constant pain in my legs was gone like I had taken an oxi. I'd love to find out why RSO works better than flower or distillate. For now, I am just enjoying that something works and is readily available.

I also eat my RSO dissolved into MCT oil, which itself might benefit absorption. Not sure I completely understand what MCT "is", but again, it works...
pain reduction is termed - Depolarization induced suppression of inhibition of neurotransmitter release ( DSI) " say that ten times in a row !!"

Endocannabinoid system uses second messenger biochemical messages ( cannabinoids) that depolarize from the post synapse to then reconnect to pre-synapses ( Retrograde signaling ) . this allows modulation of the cell and there are stops and checks in the cell that are turned on or off ( Down regulation) via those messages ... if there is pain the signal gets modulated ... phytocannabinoids are used for this purpose in cells too and why dosages of prepared cannabis can help to offset pain signals by adding more non selective derived lipid expression to the whole complexity of all that going on ...

there is another term that describes it somewhat - Depolarization induced suppression of excitation of neurotransmitter release ( DSE) ... this is how the signaling effects modulate autoimmune issues and seizures etc....

RSO is just a really concentrate form and actually you are missing the volatile smelly compounds in that oil as they are mostly evaporated off when making it leaving only the most hardy agetns in there like the C-21 phytocananbinoids ...

for example - the sesquiterpene/monoterpene beta caryophyllene' chemical formula is C15H24 with a molecular weight of 204.357 g·mol so comparing that to THC - C21H30O2, 314.14 G/mol you can see the difference . THC too has no aroma profile save for an minor amonia smell but nothing at all like the volatile alkaloid terpenes that evap @ room temp etc......

next time you dose add some whole peppercorns to the regimine before dosing your cannabis RSO .... this adds that beta caryophyllene ( BCP) to the mix and BCP actually selects for CB2 receptors ! BCP is a selective ( Reverse agonist) @ cb2 .

check this - beta caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2449371/

just chew on a few of them before dosing or mortar pestle around 7 and add to raw honey in a tablespoon and eat that way ... there too are many sources of BCP in common food stuffs ... thanks for posting man appreciate it !!

The Endocannabinoid System as a Pharmacological Target for New Cancer Therapies​

Despite the long history of cannabinoid use for medicinal and ritual purposes, an endogenous system of cannabinoid-controlled receptors, as well as their ligands and the enzymes that synthesise and degrade them, was only discovered in the 1990s. Since then, the endocannabinoid system has attracted widespread scientific interest regarding new pharmacological targets in cancer treatment among other reasons. Meanwhile, extensive preclinical studies have shown that cannabinoids have an inhibitory effect on tumour cell proliferation, tumour invasion, metastasis, angiogenesis, chemoresistance and epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and induce tumour cell apoptosis and autophagy as well as immune response. Appropriate cannabinoid compounds could moreover be useful for cancer patients as potential combination partners with other chemotherapeutic agents to increase their efficacy while reducing unwanted side effects. In addition to the direct activation of cannabinoid receptors through the exogenous application of corresponding agonists, another strategy is to activate these receptors by increasing the endocannabinoid levels at the corresponding pathological hotspots. Indeed, a number of studies accordingly showed an inhibitory effect of blockers of the endocannabinoid-degrading enzymes fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) and monoacylglycerol lipase (MAGL) on tumour development and spread. This review summarises the relevant preclinical studies with FAAH and MAGL inhibitors compared to studies with cannabinoids and provides an overview of the regulation of the endocannabinoid system in cancer.

our Endocannabinoid system is our cancer defense system in our cells . how each signal; gets modulated via retrograde down regulation will allow that lipid signaling to kill cancerous cells while not harming or effecting healthy cells ... tests have shown that cancerous cells develop cannabinoid receptors in mass on the cells to accept endocannabinoids to effectively kill the cell via apoptosis and Autophogy

Biochemist Dennis Hill, who cured his stage 3 prostate cancer with Cannabis oil, explains how it works https://duckduckgo.com/?q=+Biochemi...is+oil,+explains+how+it+works&atb=v1-1&ia=web

anticancer mechanisms of cannabinoids https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4791144/

Endocannabinoids as Guardians of Metastasis​

old school - anti-neoplastic activity of cannabinoids https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1159836/

part of this research = 1974 Virginia medical school research proves cannabinoids kill cancers https://duckduckgo.com/?q=+1974+Vir...nabinoids+kill+cancers&t=ffcm&atb=v1-1&ia=web

Top Bottom