End vapor not very effective?

vapeguy

I noticed as much with my Volcano as my new EQ which I like a lot more than my Volcano that once I get the temp up to around 480 I keep getting plenty of vapor (that I can see in a dark room by shining a flashlight through it, in any other condition it is invisible) but this vapor seems to have no effect, I can take many hits of it without getting much effect at all. I'd say 1 hit of fresh herb at 380 is probably like 50 hits of this "end vapor" at 480).

I keep inhaling it to not waste but I'm thinking I'm better to end vaporization at that stage and keep the ABV to cook with or something (which I've never done before but will try, I've started keeping my ABV).

So does anyone inhale many hits of this end vapor or is it a waste of time?

Thanks

vapeguy,

Adaox

You're wasting your time. You can realistically only get so high. It's what I refer to as the platu effect.

If you vape this when you're sober instead... You should yield much better results.

Keep hitting it to not be wasteful is the opposite of efficient usage, IMO.

Adaox,

vapeguy

I should have specified I put fresh herb, use it, then hours later come back but before changing the herb I bump the temp to 480 to get this "end vapor" which has very little effect before putting in the new herb.

vapeguy,

lwien

aab1 said:
I should have specified I put fresh herb, use it, then hours later come back but before changing the herb I bump the temp to 480 to get this "end vapor" which has very little effect before putting in the new herb.

Because you've probably already vaped everything out of it. What you're getting at 480 is combusted plant material without hardly any of the goodies that get you high. You'll still get some CBD/CBN's, but they are primarily used for pain relief, not euphoria.

lwien,

OO

Technical Skeptical
indicated temps=/= actual temps.

you're probably not combusting, but actually vaporizing the higher boiling oils.

it is known that the most psychoactive oils boil off in the lower range, but i feel an effect if i use the higher boilers when i am in a sober state.

it is very different from the inebrated response of unvaped herb, it is more mellowing.

how much you will notice it will depend entirely on how much of the higher boiling active compounds exist on the herb you are vaping.

take note that not all of the oil on the resin gland is an active substance, so some of the oils vaped off throughout the entire range are inactive oils. so you may be getting psychoactive oils or you might not be.

experiment and find out what works for you.

OO,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Using my Bud Toaster i also see vapor produced until i finally decide to stop (although it continues to roll at 400F) ... my rule of thumb is to quit when i can see the red LED through the vapor, at which point it is pointless (for me) to continue.

Hippie Dickie,
Top Bottom