Enail coil in front VS back

MileHighHuman

I've noticed some newer emails have the coil plug on the backside of the box. It seems that would make it more difficult to use.

Does anyone prefer the boxes with the coil coming out from the back of the box? If so, why? Im curious if there is some benefits I'm not thinking of?

Vaporware

I've noticed some newer emails have the coil plug on the backside of the box. It seems that would make it more difficult to use.

Does anyone prefer the boxes with the coil coming out from the back of the box? If so, why? Im curious if there is some benefits I'm not thinking of?

I like all of the cables being in the back, but I don’t think it matters much in most cases.

Personally I like to put the controller out of the way on, above or under a desk and run the coil cable out behind everything and around to where I need it. I think it helps to keep the whole setup a little cleaner and I’m less likely to catch the cable on anything.

lazylathe

Almost there...

I have both controllers and for me it depends on which type of vape I am using and the controller type.
When I had the Aberins DRK-200, I hated that both power and coil cables were on the front side of the unit. Hard to keep it neat and stable...
My GS controller is out the front and because of where it sits on my desk, it is perfect. The coil is on the right front and this one just works for some reason.
My cheap China one and brand new RDK-300 both have cables at the back and earn a spot closer to me and get used more. They also just look a lot neater imo.

They both work and it is a personal preference.

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
I prefer out the back for the coil and XLR, I find that way I can dangle the excess cord off the edge of my desk like mentioned above. With other controller that sends the XLR from the front I always seem to have a big pile of excess cable in the no man's land between my controller and rig.

Hippie

I thought a front XLR socket would be better but it reduces access to the up and down buttons.
If you're a set and forget kinda vaper it doesn't make much difference but if you like to temp step or tinker with the dab temps I find it a bit awkward with the XLR socket on the front.

Top Bottom