ELEMENT by PHASE3

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Revised for 2024! Introducing the ELEMENT by PHASE3.
The ELEMENT name represents a fundamental approach to design based on the building blocks of a quality thermal extraction experience!

The ELEMENT leverages the incredibly successful user friendly functionality provided by the Dynavap Cap - the temperature indicating "click!" and induction heating capability, combined with PHASE3's ultra pure and refined 100% medical grade zirconia ceramic design.

The goal with this one was to do something in line with a quick "one hitter" experience in an ultra pure and sleek build. I appreciate this simple cap system over threaded bowl designs here as it allows for faster bowl changes for a fresh experience. It also allows for easier airflow routing on my end.

Everything is automated, there is no airport to modulate or airflow controls to adjust. I wanted to make something super simple that would work equally well for brand new first-time vaporizer buyers as well as seasoned veteran enthusiasts. Simply load the bowl, heat until the click and inhale.

Other cooling designs rely mostly on conduction heat transfer for cooling which causes these components (often spirals or beads) to absorb and retain considerable amounts of heat, reducing their cooling capability with each successive inhale, and creating hot vaporizers that take longer to become pocketable.

Convection cooling (as used in the PHASE3 ELEMENT) keeps the device AND vapor temperature cooler, and removes all that otherwise thermally isolated mass with nowhere to dissipate the stored heat to but back into the devices own housing. (Hence the popularity of wood housings with cooling stems)

MODEL: PHASE3 ELEMENT
LENGTH: 75MM (~3 INCHES)
DIAMETER: 10MM
MATERIAL: 100% BIOMEDICAL GRADE BLACK ZIRCONIA CERAMIC
ESTIMATED MSRP: $100

Screenshot-2024-04-18-at-10-14-58-AM.png

Screenshot-2024-04-18-at-10-16-08-AM.png

Screenshot-2024-04-18-at-10-20-13-AM.png

Screenshot-2024-04-18-at-10-22-10-AM.png

FEATURES:

Redesigned Zero-MOD airflow system automatically routes part of the incoming air directly through the tip, and the other part through the convection cooling inlets to condition the vapor for comfortable inhalations. Convection cooling offers a simple approach to smooth vapor by mixing in just the right amount of ambient air to reduce the temperature (like an actual carburetor)

High-flow fixed machined screen for ultra easy cleaning.
No screen installations, deformations, or replacement parts. Ever!
Bowl size is between a half and full Dyna.
25% thicker bowl for maximum heat retention in the tip.

Absolutely zero replacement parts. Zero O-rings to wear out or screens to swap. No threads. Less was always more.

Ultra pure 100% biomedical grade black zirconia ceramic construction.
The only metal in the entire pathway is the low mass temperature indicating cap used for induction heating capability.
Zirconia leverages the durability of titanium - with the purity of glass - and the heat retention of stainless steel - with the sleek, smooth appearance and feel that only a premium technical ceramic can provide.

The low thermal conductivity (80% less than titanium or stainless steel) keeps the heat in the tip rather than transferring directly down the stem or into heatsink cooling fins. This coincidentally provides a more gentle temperature ramp during heatup, preserving delicate flavor components.

Built in 10MM WPA for pairing with your favorite glass natively or via a reducing adapter.

(note: the pink is just to show attributes that are harder to see in the black rendering, but the product color will be black)

Cheers friends, thanks so much for your time and the opportunity to be here and to serve your premium heating and cooling needs 😁

Ryan
PHASE3

Last edited:

tgvp

So stocked! Must rock with a high mass cap, like the DV Armored Cap or any silver ring to add mass on a standard cap. What about durability, is it kindof fall safe?
P.S. This will allow me an excuse to put an order for the zirc bowl at the same time :)

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So stocked! Must rock with a high mass cap, like the DV Armored Cap or any silver ring to add mass on a standard cap. What about durability, is it kindof fall safe?
P.S. This will allow me an excuse to put an order for the zirc bowl at the same time :)

The insulating properties of zirconia ceramic combined with the 25% thicker bowl gives it a solid amount of mass in the heater section, but it's ideal paired with an armored cap or FMJ style banded add-on for even heating (without spinning or using fixed on a bong) when torching. With induction, all sides are heated proportionally.

Yes it's extremely durable and will easily survive day to day use. I've done tests with zirconia throwing it as high in the air as I can and watching it slam onto the street pavement. This durability allows piece of mind when using outside the house compared to glass which many only feel comfortable using at home. Zirconia has 3X the density per gram compared to glass so the thermal mass in the same exact design is 300% higher when using zirconia.

This design has been approved by my manufacturer for production, I just need to find out the ETA and I can open up a page for preordering. :D

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I really like the ceramic material as a way of controling where the heat is being applied. Having such low thermal conductivity makes the material ideal in a mouthpiece (so it doesn't get hot) and as insulation in the stem to keep it cool to the touch - I also like the lack of o-rings. Convection bias isn't my thing, but its a cool idea and the material could be use in other ways (similarly to manage thermal conductivity).

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Looks sweet Ryan! What’s the rear end look like? Completely wide open or closed off with a hole?

The rear end is a 10MM WPA with a standard 8MM bore on the bottom!

Wow I need me a couple of these for sure. Gophase3 always brings the coolest toys :)

You already know my dude!! :cool:

Hell yeah! I’ve been hanging back from upgrading my dyna to a convection one hitter. No longer. Also been lurking and dreaming about a phase 3 technology and materials. Having the chamber less conductive than metal or glass is a big one for me.

Hate to kill the mood but this one is almost entirely conduction heated, one of the things that's different is that it uses strategically placed air inlets for convection cooling, compared to using spirals or beads to absorb heat which then create a hot vape that takes longer to put away.

As I mentioned in my Puritan thread which was basically a fore-runner to this concept, the way this idea was conceived is one day I was using my Arizer and was thinking about how brilliant it is that essentially the entire vaporizer is the glass stem itself. So simple to use and to clean. But I always wished it could finish a bowl faster. With conduction, an easy way to do that is make the bowl diameter smaller, to increase the contact area being heated. I figured the closest thing to this was the original glass Dynavap. But it was still fragile, looked a little "suspicious" and the super low mass of glass meant the heat retention was lacking. So this is where I ended up with that idea :D

This looks super interesting @invertedisdead nice work. Are you planning any mouthpiece compatibility? I’m picturing this with a cigar tip style mouthpiece for some reason. Also any plans to texture or add grip details anywhere along the barrel?

Neat stuff, definitely interested

Cheers friend!
The bottom bore is 8MM so it would technically be compatible with any of the O-ring fitted attachments.

As far as texture, I've played around with a bunch of different ideas but anytime I add them it seems like it looks too busy.
I think I'm just going to keep this one simple and clean and minimalist, which is sort of my thing.
Also the ceramic work gets really expensive when you start getting fancy, I want to keep this closer to $100 than $200 to broaden my brands accessibility since its basically the exact opposite of what I've been making.

There's a slight taper down the body before reaching the WPA which has a more aggressive taper.

This looks great man, I love the simplicity!

Cheers bro!
I definitely wanted to take things down to just the essential ELEMENTS :lol:

I really like the ceramic material as a way of controling where the heat is being applied. Having such low thermal conductivity makes the material ideal in a mouthpiece (so it doesn't get hot) and as insulation in the stem to keep it cool to the touch - I also like the lack of o-rings. Convection bias isn't my thing, but its a cool idea and the material could be use in other ways (similarly to manage thermal conductivity).

I use it as an insulator in my desktop vape to retain the heat and keep it 100% convection.

This ELEMENT vape is almost full conduction however.
What's different is the convection cooling which uses ambient air to remediate the temperature rather than conducting the heat directly into spirals or beads. Some people don't like the concept of air cooling because of this idea of "diluting the hit" but the truth is any cooling whatsoever being performed with any vape will result in a "diluted hit." Because this is a conduction vape and it needs some airflow, I've routed some of the incoming air to bisect the vapor stream. It has the added benefit of keeping the device cooler to the touch as we aren't transferring hot vapor into cooler components to perform cooling - instead it's the opposite, I'm using cooler air to remove latent heat from hot gas.

Congratulations on this interesting new project, I'm in!

Cheers friend thanks for stopping by!

My manufacturer says these would be completed in about 40 days. Their estimations tend to be a bit optimistic but if I open up an order page for these the wait shouldn't be too too bad.

Radwin Bodnic

I really wonder how this will actually vape...

It is meant to be used with a vapcap which click discs are more or less calibrated to indicate the temperature at which a metal bowl is at temp (Ti or SS).

I guess that ZrO2 being such a good insulator, when the cap will clic, the herb will be at quite a lower temperature than if the bowl was made out of metal.

Won't the user need to heat way past the click ? This will defeat the purpose of a temp indicating cap...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I really wonder how this will actually vape...

It is meant to be used with a vapcap which click discs are more or less calibrated to indicate the temperature at which a metal bowl is at temp (Ti or SS).

The original Dynavap was actually made of glass.

They switched to metal because of durability reasons. Zirconia alleviates this but retains that pure essence.

Farid

The ability to machine grooves is a big improvement over glass. And durability of course....

It reminds me of those custom solo stems I used to have a decade ago - I can't remember who made them. They had grooves cut in them to increase airflow.

Honestly zirconia arizer stems with grooves cut would be another great option if you're looking to expand your offerings.

The ability to machine grooves is a big improvement over glass. And durability of course....

It reminds me of those custom solo stems I used to have a decade ago - I can't remember who made them. They had grooves cut in them to increase airflow.

Honestly zirconia arizer stems with grooves cut would be another great option if you're looking to expand your offerings.

I believe you’re referring to the stems made by Planetvape.ca back in the day. They were called “high efficiency” stems IIRC. Not sure if they still make them or not!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I’m in.

Cheers to you my friend and happy Friday!

Those are on my to-do list! A high flow Arizer stem with this same type of high hole count screen. I'm not sure if it even needs those inlet grooves if it had a higher flow screen, since the stem itself is just an open tube the rest of the flow path should be very open.

I believe you’re referring to the stems made by Planetvape.ca back in the day. They were called “high efficiency” stems IIRC. Not sure if they still make them or not!

That's exactly right, the "PVHES"

They've been gone for a long time but they were definitely popular back in the day.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Will a DV cap be provided, or will you need to bring your own? I'm definitely in. :nod: But don't have an armored cap...

Right now there's no arrangements for including a cap, but ideally if this product sees real production/distribution it would be preferable to come with one.

I'm not entirely sure if DV is interested in providing their components for bundling with third party designs like this or not.

But it would be really cool if they're into it because I remember watching the original DV story start right here on FC!

Perhaps we should ask @VapCap :wave:

This looks awesome. Marking my spot and hoping I check in at the right time to pick one up. I had no idea the dynavap was originally glass but it makes sense. A glass dyna tip and a glass lined stem is cool to think about and I wish I was paying attention back then.

Hearing about the low thermal conductivity of the material makes me think even just a normal stem (or WPA too maybe) with no chamber would do numbers with all the hotter portable ball vape chambers coming out.

I’m ignorant about this manufacturer (website suggests they make higher end small production specialty stuff) so it might not be in their interest but I would pay $80-$100 right now for a primitive hollow long 3”- 4” stem version in this material for my thermal accumulator after doing a google search and not finding anything similar.

I am also pretty ignorant about the science and economics of vaping and vape production though so forgive me if that’s a foolish statement.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This looks awesome. Marking my spot and hoping I check in at the right time to pick one up. I had no idea the dynavap was originally glass but it makes sense. A glass dyna tip and a glass lined stem is cool to think about and I wish I was paying attention back then.

Hearing about the low thermal conductivity of the material makes me think even just a normal stem (or WPA too maybe) with no chamber would do numbers with all the hotter portable ball vape chambers coming out.

I’m ignorant about this manufacturer (website suggests they make higher end small production specialty stuff) so it might not be in their interest but I would pay $80-$100 right now for a primitive hollow long 3”- 4” stem version in this material for my thermal accumulator after doing a google search and not finding anything similar.

I am also pretty ignorant about the science and economics of vaping and vape production though so forgive me if that’s a foolish statement.

Cheers friend thanks for stopping by,

Offering accessories for other platforms is something I've been wanting to do for a while to test the waters.

I don't know if people really believe me when I say I have over 500 designs for this industry! :lol:

I have 8MM designs already finished I just need to see if there's enough interest to do a run.

The whole idea behind this ELEMENT vape all started as a cooling stem.

Crazy that was back in 2021.

The Qu4D Core became the Puritan.

And the Puritan has been revised into this new iteration, the Element.

Top Bottom