Ehle Borosilicat E-Nail Banger with Insert

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
So as my Banger technically isnt quarz and its just supposed to work with an
enail i thought ill open up a new thread :)

I also got pretty hyped about a all glass path Liger Setup like @Shooby ..but as i live in the EU its cheaper and faster to get things done here custom then ordering across the pond :D ..some may have read before i, sent my enail coild & cca 20mm obsidian insert to Ehle
to have them build a custom banger for me...but out of Boro since Ehle doesnt work with Quartz

Some now may think boro wont be the right material since it can not withstand high temps like Quarz
BUT my idea was using in with an enail where i can precisly set the temperature in a range where it does not harm the glass at all (300°C~) (i confirmed this with Thomas Ehle...not that u think that r just my guesses hehe :) )

So yesterday was day X and i recieved my parcel, i had them made one male and one female...just in case :)
As it was late yesterday i just did some pics and tried a SMALL dab in the sapp. bucket...works very nice for now and i will report back..i do have to test now if this setup will hold up longer or if there will occur other problems with the boro :)

Here are the first impressions so far :)

The 2 Bangers side by side with inserts alrdy inside..i have about the same wobble as in the cca bucket...also didnt stuck when @ operating temp so far.

unnam2ed.jpg

Here the Sapp. inside its new home :)

unname3d.jpg

How the teting rig sit and looks :)

4.jpg

And here a smalll video just to give an impression...i was shaking so much cuz of the awkward angle i was at dabbing cuz of the cam loool sry for that...the very first one it was...cant wait for my sapp. beads to arrive...EQ sent them out yesterday :D

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Sorry for the lack of updates but it seems i do have a coil problem,
I tried my glassbowls with sapph. insert, enail i working as expected...need to up the temp a
bit more than as in the liger (guess thats glass vs ti) for the insert to get the same temp..also no sticking problems whatsoever,
slight wiggle also when heated i would say pretty as much room as in the liger bucket..

Problem is the taste is not there...harsher and not as tasty as in the Liger.....i was wtf for some time
but pined the problem down to the coil...there is a metallic like smell that i seem to also inhale&taste when
taking away the bubble. The airpath is clearly shorter and i never had a sticking nose like that before so i feel
there is quite potential...i may have to get another coil but that shall not be the problem...will see :)

The coil was totally new and also ised for fitting the glass bowl, i will
clean it down and try again and also try my 35mm Galaxynailcoil/Banger which fit perfectly
nice for the 30mm cca inserts...if there is any smell...my Liger and Showehead both have a heatshield
so i never encountered that problem before o.O

On a side note i had a, what i call, wifey weekend, so also no time 4 testing in the last few days...gotta keep the queen happy ;D

Last edited:
gunmetalshark,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Sorry for the lack of updates but it seems i do have a coil problem,
I tried my glassbowls with sapph. insert, enail i working as expected...need to up the temp a
bit more than as in the liger (guess thats glass vs ti) for the insert to get the same temp..also no sticking problems whatsoever,
slight wiggle also when heated i would say pretty as much room as in the liger bucket..

Problem is the taste is not there...harsher and not as tasty as in the Liger.....i was wtf for some time
but pined the problem down to the coil...there is a metallic like smell that i seem to also inhale&taste when
taking away the bubble. The airpath is clearly shorter and i never had a sticking nose like that before so i feel
there is quite potential...i may have to get another coil but that shall not be the problem...will see :)

The coil was totally new and also ised for fitting the glass bowl, i will
clean it down and try again and also try my 35mm Galaxynailcoil/Banger which fit perfectly
nice for the 30mm cca inserts...if there is any smell...my Liger and Showehead both have a heatshield
so i never encountered that problem before o.O

On a side note i had a, what i call, wifey weekend, so also no time 4 testing in the last few days...gotta keep the queen happy ;D

What improvements over the Liger are you hoping for?
Are you looking for something lighter than the Liger or do you just want to see the melt action more?
This reminds me of the very first CCA710 product I beta tested. It was simply a deep quartz banger with a Ti shroud , then the coil goes around the shroud. The shroud covered the bottom of the bucket too and helped disperse the heat better than coil straight to the bucket.

It's funny I am seeing all of these "New Enails" with coils wrapped around quartz, and then add the new inserts and you almost have the Liger we have been using for years. lol . My problem with that is I occasionally break the quartz variants! After years of abuse I have yet to break a Liger, or even an insert that wasn't sapphire. (I did crack a sapphire insert with thermal shock).
If you find advantages over a Liger V3, please let me know!
One thing you could try is a coil that also heats the bottom, like a Galaxy enail coil , they cover the bottom and sides.

https://galaxyenails.com/product/quartz-banger-coil/

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
To be honest....seeking for improvment as its a hobby, i also have some sapphire spheres on their way just
to not miss anything out there loool :D :D :D

As i wrote and @mrbonsai420 also mentioned i do already have the Galaxy Coil/banger combo and just tried it today...here´s the proof :D

First time with Obsidian...just in case...but nothing happened, everything good :D...my Ehle Banger is a snugger fit to the 20mm insert and also doesnt stuck so the Galaxy Banger could be A BIT smaller of ID...way more problem is the (@Shooby alrdy mentioned) unenven bottom,
u can tilt the insert so far to get stuck and the thermal transfer is rly bad..i need to turn up to 750 coil temp to reach 580 at the insert (k-temp)

There was some smell at heatup from the coil the first time but that did go away within minutes, i think my 20mm chepo coils rly sucks...need to get new ones :p

I also do not have a good fitting bubble yet what also plays a major role in the perfect dab as we all know, what a even bigger prob. is that im running out of meds and harvest is faaaar a head so there will be a testing break :/ :( :D :D
I think i will send out my insert, some spheres and the galaxy coil to ehle an let them make me a boro banger that fits better and has an even ground, maybe i can also have them make me some kind of bubble...i tell em they should try until the fuckin spheres spin :D :D

On the good side, i think it was one of the best tasting dabs i took yet...further investigating required :D :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom