Efficiency is the name of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

savemylungs

So I stumbled into these forums looking for the I-Inhale as I heard it was the best portable vape. Now after reading around in here for a few hours I realize that there really aren't any good portable vapes(please correct me if I'm wrong), and I might need to get a whip as well. I've had a cano for the last 3 years and it's treated me great, gone through so much grass that it's definitely worth it financially and physically.

Now should get a pd or ssv, as they seemed to be the most praised vapes on here? There has also been some praise for just hitting it out of a bong with a heat gun(vhw?). As the subject says all I care is making my grass get me as high as possible, with as little as possible.

In the sticky it says pd is most efficient, but since it only runs at one temp wouldn't that only unlock some of the active ingredients?(what temp does it run at btw?) I saw another thread about what temps to use on adjustable vapes and it seems like there's so many thc,cbn's,etc burning at different temps, the pd would leave some behind.

I was also wondering what temp setting I should use for my cano. Seems like a lot of different opinions out there but 5.5 seems to be the most common. I currently hit 2 big bags at 5.5, then one more at a little under 7. Some have said hit it at 3.5 or 4.5 before 5.5 to get the thc, but will that waste efficiency and almost under cook it?

I also hit the cano bag through a pristine ice bong sometimes but don't know if that losses any efficiency (anyone know?).

I realize now I just rambled and if i need to break the questions into different threads let me know.

Thanks all for your help and vape on!

savemylungs,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I won't pretend to be an expert on this, but I can offer some observations. As far as the temps for the different cannabinoids is concerned, you don't need to vape at the exact temp to extract each particular cannabinoid. According to McPartland and Russo (pdf) at 185C you should be getting all the important cannabinoids, including those that boil at lower temps. The only reason I like to start off at a lower temp and move higher is for flavour; the psychoactive effects should be the same regardless. You can be sure that the PD runs at a high enough temp to unlock all the good stuff.

I'm beginning to form the opinion that using small quantities helps increase efficiency, and this is why the PD seems so efficient. I've got both a Herbalaire (a bag vape, like a smaller version of the Volcano) and the PD. I like the PD for various reasons and it is efficient, but I believe that the Herbalaire extracts more from the weed. I can put quite tiny amounts into the Herbalaire and get a good effect. The other interesting thing about the Herbalaire is that you can just put a bud straight in there without needing to grind, so the possibility of any losses in the grinding process is eliminated, and the bud gets thoroughly cooked without the need to poke or stir it.

hazy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I have a PD and an E. The PD has got to be the most efficient vape by far. Although the Herbalaire has a reputation for efficiency and, as hazy notes, it's nice not to have a grinder involved. I've been using the PD exclusively for a couple of months now and am amazed at the efficiency. However, last night I had a hankering for some seriously thick hits and pulled the E back out. Got my ass rocked, but it definitely used up more bud.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
Now after reading around in here for a few hours I realize that there really aren't any good portable vapes(please correct me if I'm wrong),
You're wrong IMO. I've been using the I-inhale since it hit the market, and I have no complaints. I know we had someone who joined up the other day and trashed the unit and company because he had a problem, then couldn't believe it when he was turned down for warranty repair after he opened it up. But that's not a realistic expectation of warranty service, nor does one defective unit mean the product isn't reliable. If a stealth portable is what you want, I highly recommend the I-inhale. The vast majority of owners who have reported on it are very happy with the performance. Since it's only been on the market a short time, long term reliability is still a question, but the company is not new. They've been producing gas powered tools for almost 25 years.

If pocket portability isn't your priority, and you're interested in the few sedative and analgesic compounds that vaporize above the PD's temp range, the SSV would be an excellent choice. Pretty much any of the vapes that get a lot of mention here are good ones. We don't have much tolerance for crappy vapes here at FC. ;)

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom