Educate this enail noob, please

Pinehurst

Please educate me in some basic techniques. Im using a 25mm standard coil with a standard bucket banger from Yo Dabba.
1) The coil only touches the walls, so wall temps are the main concern? Like the puffco 3d chamber, only heats from the sides?
2) Im using a DeWalt heat gun, where am I supposed to temp? If I put the hole of the temp gun right close to the bottom of the banger, its 20° less than if i put the gun at the top of the banger.
3) The PID output temp is not my quartz temp? My PID is 660°F, the coil temps at 660 but the bottom of the bucket read 520 and temping from the top of the bucket reads 543.... Is there a chart that shows PID temps vs actual-ish output temp?

4) If you'll allow me totally noob questions... Do I need to 'season' my banger?
5)Am I supposed to iso swab my banger after every load?

Thank you all very much. I hope to enjoy some flavor!

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Please educate me in some basic techniques. Im using a 25mm standard coil with a standard bucket banger from Yo Dabba.
1) The coil only touches the walls, so wall temps are the main concern? Like the puffco 3d chamber, only heats from the sides?
2) Im using a DeWalt heat gun, where am I supposed to temp? If I put the hole of the temp gun right close to the bottom of the banger, its 20° less than if i put the gun at the top of the banger.
3) The PID output temp is not my quartz temp? My PID is 660°F, the coil temps at 660 but the bottom of the bucket read 520 and temping from the top of the bucket reads 543.... Is there a chart that shows PID temps vs actual-ish output temp?

4) If you'll allow me totally noob questions... Do I need to 'season' my banger?
5)Am I supposed to iso swab my banger after every load?

Thank you all very much. I hope to enjoy some flavor!

1. There are coils with a bottom wrap as well. If you use a standard axial then the bottom will be uncovered.
2. Theoretically the bottom of the banger, but it’s hard to be specific on a gun like that. I’d pick a spot to temp and just use that same spot every time. you’ll figure out what temp you like
3 PID measures the temp at the far tip of the coil. If you put the coil on upside down the tip can be closer to the bottom or the top . At the bottom then heat rises up the sides of the banger. There is no exact conversion as it will be different for every pid/coil and for each banger based on material and mass, and the air temp of the room you’re in. Just figure out a temp you like.

4. No seasoning a banger just wash it with iso before you use it
5. The more times you hit it without a swab the worse the flavor and the harder to clean.

strech

They way I find my perfect temp on a new set up is start around 420. Then bump it up or down 10 degrees on the pid till the hits are how I like em. I can tell you out of all the coils and pids I've ran 660 on the pid is way to hot for me. As far iso swabbing. I just use a dry qtip or 3 after a dab.

Pinehurst

1. There are coils with a bottom wrap as well. If you use a standard axial then the bottom will be uncovered.
2. Theoretically the bottom of the banger, but it’s hard to be specific on a gun like that. I’d pick a spot to temp and just use that same spot every time. you’ll figure out what temp you like
3 PID measures the temp at the far tip of the coil. If you put the coil on upside down the tip can be closer to the bottom or the top . At the bottom then heat rises up the sides of the banger. There is no exact conversion as it will be different for every pid/coil and for each banger based on material and mass, and the air temp of the room you’re in. Just figure out a temp you like.

4. No seasoning a banger just wash it with iso before you use it
5. The more times you hit it without a swab the worse the flavor and the harder to clean.
Very clear and helpful, thank you

Pinehurst

They way I find my perfect temp on a new set up is start around 420. Then bump it up or down 10 degrees on the pid till the hits are how I like em. I can tell you out of all the coils and pids I've ran 660 on the pid is way to hot for me. As far iso swabbing. I just use a dry qtip or 3 after a dab.
420 on the PID? But wouldn't that make the banger like 300-something?

Pinehurst,

strech

I dunno. Never bothered to take the temp of the banger. My old dc controller I would leave it at 420. Sometimes bump it up to 235. My rdk300 I have set at 465. Anything over 500 and the dab burns up quick and taste like shit.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Every time I change something (like a different banger, different coil, different PID, etc...) I find whatever new temp setting now works best with that setup and go with that. Doesn't matter what the number is.

Top Bottom