Edibles - what am I doing wrong?

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
I tried edibles twice now and got no/minimal results from it, please tell me what I might be doing wrong

First attempt: cannatea -> added fresh ground herb (.5g) to butter and simmered on medium for around 45 minutes and added over tea -> drank the whole thing, had no affects. People in the youtube video comments section said it worked for them

Second attempt: pot brownies -> decarbed 3.5g at 250F for about an hour total (http://marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/), then combined** with safflower oil for about an hour and added to a betty croker mix and followed directions. 18 servings from 3.5g of sour diesel. I went up to 2-3 brownies to absolutely no psychoactive affects and just a bit of drowsiness.

**not sure if it matters but I double boiled the mix in a pyrex dish. Maybe it didn't get hot enough to infuse?

3dfx-glide,

justcametomind

3,5g:18=0.19g per portion.
Too little of a portion imho.
Other than that, try having a small meal next time, containing fats. Not just the tea. Not just the brownie.
And abstain from vaping until the effects come up.
You simmered 0.5g for FORTY-FIVE minutes? I'd say your edible contained zero cannabinoids. I usually use abv, or simmer small amounts just a few minutes.
Edible recipes tell to simmer 20g for 45 minutes at 250ish F. Not just half a gram.

Last edited:
justcametomind,

3dfx-glide

Boats & Harbors
3,5g:18=0.19g per portion.
Too little of a portion imho.
Other than that, try having a small meal next time, containing fats. Not just the tea. Not just the brownie.
And abstain from vaping until it comes up.
You simmered 0.5g for FORTY-FIVE minutes? I'd say your edible contained zero cannabinoids. I usually use abv, or simmer small amounts just a few minutes.
Edible recipes tell to simmer 20g for 45 minutes at 250ish F. Not just half a gram.
Typically I vape .15g and definitely feel it, so shouldn't .20g feel at least as much, vs none at all?

plus wouldn't it be 3500mg[cannabis]*.2[sour diesel, assuming 20 percent HTC]/18=40mg per edible, and as mentioned I started taking 2-2.5 portions so 80-100mg THC (assuming I cooked right and the chemistry were to work) each time to no effect

Using the same formula as seen on the left size of the screen basically which claims 40mg should feel as "strong" (and I've never had edibles before these tries) http://www.howtoedibles.com/categories/desserts/recipes/brownies

3dfx-glide,

justcametomind

40mg is not much.
But if you would have eaten a small meal w/ fats along with your edibles you could have felt some effects.
Spacecakes sold in Nederlands' coffeeshops are made with no less than 0,35g per portion in my experience.
The time you used 0.5g could have been perfect but you simmered the stuff for too long for such a small dose.
Try googling images for "3 minutes microwave pot brownies". Cocoa, flour, sugar, one egg, butter. Your 0.5g of weed. You can simmer butter and weed (or not. If you have to, do it for a couple of minutes, not 45), microwave it for 3/5 minutes. It worked for me many many times. Pretty quick.
Under 0.5g per person you risk having no noticeable effects ime.
Vaping requires a lot less material than edibles. You require a "critical mass" for the effects to take place that's determined by the fats you eat along with a minimum amount that's (at least for me) of at least 0.5g of weed. Add to that some randomness given by the effectiveness of your digestion/metabolism and consider some failures along the way as acceptable. They don't work everytime especially for some people, me included.
Asking for a 1:1 ratio, as same as you were vaping is asking too much unfortunately.
AND.. Don't forget to take into account your weight and tolerance. 40mg of THC to someone weighing 50kg with no tolerance is different than giving it to a bigger individual with tolerance, of course. Sites like that have to be cautious, If I had a website, even a cooking with cannabis one, I personally would take down such a form for the risk of being sued giving advices like that into the wild. Without taking into account the user's weight. Like they do with prescription drugs. No wonder they are such pussies with dosage.

Last edited:
justcametomind,

hafalump

Edibles don’t get me high. I’ve tried many. They work for other folks tho, it’s just me......

hafalump,

anda1anda2

Do you have access to concentrates? They are easier to figure more accurate dosing for edibles.

But in general edibles are weird. Consist effects and dosing is difficult. So many variables at play.

bakedbros

Retailer
I tried edibles twice now and got no/minimal results from it, please tell me what I might be doing wrong

First attempt: cannatea -> added fresh ground herb (.5g) to butter and simmered on medium for around 45 minutes and added over tea -> drank the whole thing, had no affects. People in the youtube video comments section said it worked for them

Second attempt: pot brownies -> decarbed 3.5g at 250F for about an hour total (http://marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/), then combined** with safflower oil for about an hour and added to a betty croker mix and followed directions. 18 servings from 3.5g of sour diesel. I went up to 2-3 brownies to absolutely no psychoactive affects and just a bit of drowsiness.

**not sure if it matters but I double boiled the mix in a pyrex dish. Maybe it didn't get hot enough to infuse?

Homemade edibles are awesome! To get a consistent result from them though is something that is incredibly difficult, especially since every batch of base material you put in will be of different potency. This is one of the reasons that we use full-spectrum distillate for our products and lab test every batch :) If you want a reference for what milligram counts we recommend for dosing and tips on how to make your edible dose more effective, here is a great link for you: https://bakedbros.com/blogs/news/edible-dosage-mg-chart?_pos=1&_sid=f9aca1d46&_ss=r

User "justcametomind" made some great points about pairing your edibles with food high in fat content as well!

Top Bottom