Edibles - Dosages

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
What do you guys find are you average dosages for edibles and how long and what type of effects do you experience with that respective dosage?

I am just curious as now I have access to legal standardized cannabis cooking oil with lab tested contents I know exactly what the concentration will be of my finished product. So, anyone with experience with lab tested edible that can chime in.

In my past, making edibles from just flowers I would normally need about 2g of flower per edible to achieve the desired effect, but likely there was a large inefficiency in my extraction process. So even if my flowers were 20% THC then at most, if I got 100% extraction, I would have 400mg of THC per edible. I just can't see myself needing that much.

Also, for Toronto Dispensary CALM, their edibles are a joke. I have eaten the 2 grams of trim ones numerous times and been sorely disappointed at the lack of effects. I wish I knew how many mgs of THC were in those which would give me a better baseline.

mikek9,

weenstoned

Wait the edibles are made from 2 grams of trim? I can't imagine there was much THC in those as there couldn't be more than a dab or 2 in 2 grams of trim.

Apparently some people seem to have huge tolerances or just don't get much effects from edibles, and if you are saying that for 1 dose of effective edibles you need 2 grams of flowers then that might be you.

Typically the edibles I make now have about 50mg of bho per dose and that is nice and mild for me (obviously strain and levels of thc or cbd plays a big part in how it works). Not lab tested, but I basically just decarb and then add to coconut oil and then melt belgian chocolate and pour the oil in.

I would recommend just eating some of the oil by itself before you bother cooking anything so you can determine the right concentration, but I would probably start with 50mg and work up from there.

weenstoned,
Top Bottom