Easy way to check health of an 18650 battery

sickmanfraud

I made a mistake in getting batteries mixed up I have some relatively new batteries and I have some that need to be retired and I am not sure which is which.

Is there a way to weed them out without using the battery in a vape and noticing its' performance?

I don't want to carry batteries that may not perform. I ordered some new cells to go with my TM2 but I have a bunch of other cells to "weed out"

Ideas?

sickmanfraud,

DrJynx86

Smart chargers show the Battery Internal Resistance, I'm sure you can measure that with a regular/cheap multimeter, if it's >250 m ohms it will show as bad/need replacing, at least on my Nitecore..

Fresh batteries should have between 50-70 m ohms up and ones with many charge/discharge sessions will might show >100-120 but I never reached 250 myself, only with really bad/cheap/knock off batteries.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
As others have said, lots of chargers can test the mah and internal resistance of the battery. Presumably if yours are not long for this world one or both of those will have deviated from the norm.

I’m sure there are more deluxe and cheaper options, but I’ve been using https://www.18650batterystore.com/products/opus-btc3100-v2-2 for a year and change and it’s worked great for me!

gordontreeman,
Reactions: endof3d
Top Bottom