easy to clean and accessible vaporizer for the blind: Arizer Go?

falcopus

Hello,

I am a blind person and I am searching for: an easy to use, easy to clean, easy to fill, portable vaporizer. In the past I had one of the old Arizer portable vaporizers (the solo I think). Now I am searching for an easy to use and specially easy to clean portable vaporizer. I was thinking of the Arizer Go (it beeps when it reaches the temperature?). But I have a question: since the stems are made of glass. does it break fast? Because that happened in the past with my old Arizer.

Do you have other suggestions than the Arizer Go?

Thanks
Regards

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hello! I would suggest looking into the healthy rips Fury Edge, it has a haptic feature so it can vibrate when it reaches temp and turns off/on, it has the option of using glass stems or you can load dosing capsules or you can load directly into the steel oven chamber... It is more of a hybrid vape, with more convection heating mixed in with the conduction heating, so it is a bit more efficient and harder hitting than Arizer vapes in my experience... It is also smaller, overall more portable and compact, plus yes the option to use without glass so more durable as well! They have the Fierce too which is a larger size though it is going to be replaced by their new Rogue in a couple months or so... I think this could be best for you?

falcopus

Hello! I would suggest looking into the healthy rips Fury Edge, it has a haptic feature so it can vibrate when it reaches temp and turns off/on, it has the option of using glass stems or you can load dosing capsules or you can load directly into the steel oven chamber... It is more of a hybrid vape, with more convection heating mixed in with the conduction heating, so it is a bit more efficient and harder hitting than Arizer vapes in my experience... It is also smaller, overall more portable and compact, plus yes the option to use without glass so more durable as well! They have the Fierce too which is a larger size though it is going to be replaced by their new Rogue in a couple months or so... I think this could be best for you?
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion but it seems that the healthy rips Fury Edge is not available in Europe at this time.

Is the vaporizer also easy to clean?

Regards

passenger

is this thing on?
I think best would be a Vaporizer that is totally safe in not combusting. I would really like to recommend the Mighty here, but it's a pain to clean. A solution could maybe be to stock up in cooling units and when you cycled through them someone could clean them in one go. I have a routine that makes that as fast as possible but it's anything than barrier free unfortunately. With three or four cooling units you should be able to have a full month without cleaning though.

justcametomind

It is available, just not as discounted as it was a few months ago (20€ cheaper IIRC). It quite easy to clean/unload but after years of heavy use (without unloading herb immediately after vaping) my Fury2 developed a black stain that’s impossible to clean. It’s better if you get the capsules and never use it without. Or just remember to unload it after every use.
I got my Fury 2 before caps were released. After a few seconds it’s ready to vape, the best mass produced entry level vaporizer there is.
edit: capsules too are available
a tip on how to get 10% discount from vapefully shop here:
https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/eu-alternatives-to-vapefiend.50747/post-1543655

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion but it seems that the healthy rips Fury Edge is not available in Europe at this time.

Is the vaporizer also easy to clean?

Regards

Yes as @justcametomind posted above the edge is available in the EU apparently! And very easy to keep clean, I like to use it with the glass stems, then it is just like an arizer only much better, I used to have the solo and the air, I never wanted to bother with the Argo because I felt these healthy rips vapes are better, more portable and efficient, plus you can use them without the stems too and yes easy to keep clean if you also use the capsules in that situation like I do, the oven on my fury edge is spotless! So if you can find it, with all those accessories, while I hope you are able to get one and that it works well for you! EU always tougher

Shit Snacks,

passenger

is this thing on?
Don't know the edge and can not compare it, just here to add some things, that are helpful in the Mighty.
Filling is easy. Closing the device is easy. Cleaning the bowl is easy. Temperature control is easy (two button control, countable from the bottom temperature in one degree click steps. Haptic feedback before turn off and after reaching the desired temperature. Good Batterylife. If Battery goes low as you can not see the display, you can plug it in and vape on. Buzzing sound when fully loaded. You can hear the charger sound different when it's loaded too. No fear of burning yourself if you don't put a finger in the bowl which won't normally happen.
Cleaning the cooling unit is shit. You could also use it without the cooling unit and use a water adapter instead and put it on a bubbler. Or attach a whip, than the only drawback for a blind person, the cleaning, would be solved.
Do NOT consider a Crafty.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The Mighty is too expensive and inefficient. The aluminum oven and plastic vapor path are also outdated, which stands to reason since it's a design from more than ten years ago that's never been improved.

For a straightforward session vape the Edge isn't a bad choice. Why not treat yourself to a Tinymight? The newer on demand convection portables like the Tinymight will have better flavor and vapor quality, and unlike all the session vapes we've mentioned you only engage the heater during your hit.

Another advantage of the Tinymight in particular is that the temperature is controlled by a little notched dial on the bottom. It's only marked from 1 to 10 and you'll be able to set the temperature by feel, unlike all the session vapes which rely on up and down buttons to change a temp displayed on an LED screen. I temp step from 3 to 7 on mine and there are meaningful temps between each number so you'd be able to vape at any desired temp with no guesswork.

Will you mostly vape at home or is the portability needed for vaping out of the house? One potential concern is cleaning the included short stem, which is glass and has a stainless steel cooling unit made of small pieces (although many users don't take the cooling unit apart, they just soak in iso and then rinse and dry it as one piece).

My preferred use for the Tinymight is with a WPA (water pipe adapter) and a j-hook. This obviates the need for the cooling unit so I can comfortably go a long time without cleaning while still having plenty of cooling and improved flavor from the all glass vapor path. And you remove the WPA when not in use so keeping the glass safe is a separate challenge from protecting the vape itself.

The other detail about the Tinymight is that it uses a high drain 18650 lithium ion battery. You'd need backup batteries and a charger to swap cells easily, although you can also charge the included battery in the device via micro USB.

passenger

is this thing on?
The Mighty is also the only medical approved device. It is nearly failproof. I could operate this device blindfolded without a problem. The aluminium is safe medically in this application. Storz and Bickel has a great customer service.
The Tinymight seems to be more fiddly in lots of ways. And it is fragile while the Mighty is sturdy. Normally I wouldn't recommend it. In this setting, it is probably a winner. I don't know a better device for operating without sight. But the Tinymight seems to be a wrong suggestion here, as far as I know, while not owning a TM.

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The built in glass screen on the Arizer vape stems will be hard to beat for easy cleaning and loading though, I've had an Air since 2014 and I doubt any vape is easier to clean. Arizer really hit the nail on the head when it comes to low maintenance. You could get a wooden stem if you wanted something more durable than glass.

I would think anything with a dosing capsule might be a little fiddly keeping track of the lids and stuff.

IMO the Mighty cooling unit isn't so bad, but the bowl is one of the most stubborn parts of any vaporizer to clean. I also find the Mighty a little tricky to load without spilling a few crumbs around the bowl. The Haptic feedback would be pretty useful though.

I think the Tafee Bowle could be a good option - it's only got four temperature settings so it's pretty straight forward to navigate, and just two buttons - one to change temperature, and one to fire the heater. This vape has the benefit of delivering nearly instant vapor. It's pretty easy to clean, only thing that might be fiddly are the screens in the little pots.

These are probably my three picks for easy usage.

invertedisdead,

passenger

is this thing on?
I haven't had to deep clean the bowl of Mighty in years. Always used a capsule, no debris then - except in the cooling unit. For any deep cleaning there would be help needed.
Tafee could be interesting, I know nothing about it as the aesthetics kill me. :) Well, that is full convection on demand, that's great of course.

passenger,

Vapefanatic

I get the feeling that you guys are missing the point here. We're trying to help the dude, right?

First sentence says he's blind. He has experience with Solo. Wants an easy to use portable. Had issues with glass in the past.

Firstly, I personally will not recommend any Vape to a blind person. But I'm guessing it's partial, since he can use a solo and reply here?

Based on his requirements, it does seem like a Mighty may suit him best. Its definitely not what I'd like but that's not the point. No mention of budget being a constraint too, or I'd agree with Fury or the likes.

justcametomind

Tafée has not haptic feedback and is far from being blind friendly.
The Tinymight has it but has too many pieces and things to care about to make it work, troubleshooting is sometimes needed, not to mention it has glass parts.
A vape that wasn’t mentioned positively here is the Crafty plus, but for a blind person a vape with a smartphone app could be worth it because of the app (just if the text on the screen can be read by the assistant which I don’t know). Would it communicate battery levels too? But really I’d get the Fury edge for simplicity and dependability. Does the edge haptic feedback tells also battery life somehow?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Tafée has not haptic feedback and is far from being blind friendly.
If you look in the OPs post history they have been asking about the Crafty for a while. Crafty has haptic feedback to tell you when you reach your set temperature, but the Bowle heats up when you push the button, so I don’t see a huge benefit to haptic in that regard. I guess one benefit is you would know if the battery was dead, which is important. But the Crafty/Mighty involve more maintenance then the Bowle IMO. And both are more involved than a Solo stem. I used to live with and help take care of someone who is blind and deaf, IMO the Bowle could fit and I think the potter could be useful too, but anything with a dosing capsule or mesh screen could ultimately be a little too fiddly. My thinking with Bowle is the pots are at least rigid, whereas S&B capsules are deformed fairly easily which could be a hassle if blind. I do think the “built in screen” in the S&B capsules is a benefit over Bowle pots though as the screens require pretty frequent maintenance in my experience with it.

Honestly this might sound strange but I almost think in the right configuration, the Vapcap + induction heater could be a good suggestion depending on the OP’s comfort level. I realize the hot end of the tip + removable cap could be problematic - but it’s easy to load, fairly easy to clean, and has good audible and tactile feedback for alerting when it has both reached and cooled down from vaporization temperatures.

That said, while I prefer the vapor of a convention centric design like Mighty or Bowle, I still think the single piece design of an Arizer stem is very hard to beat for the easy to load/easy to clean test.

passenger

is this thing on?
Honestly this might sound strange but I almost think in the right configuration, the Vapcap + induction heater could be a good suggestion depending on the OP’s comfort level. I realize the hot end of the tip + removable cap could be problematic - but it’s easy to load, fairly easy to clean, and has good audible and tactile feedback for alerting when it has both reached and cooled down from vaporization temperatures.
I imagined what could happen if the just heated Tip slips the hand and then good luck finding it. Could even start a fire. I think it's an unsafe option in this case.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I imagined what could happen if the just heated Tip slips the hand and then good luck finding it. Could even start a fire. I think it's an unsafe option in this case.

That is a valid and fair point, choosing a Dynavap would definitely depend on the OPs comfort level. A blind woman won MasterChef though, so it’s a little hard to say what the OP is comfortable with, as most blind people do have some limited range of vision. If we knew a little bit more about OPs history with other vaporizers and what did and didn’t work for them, that could help; for example it looks like they had a grasshopper for a while.

invertedisdead,

TheDynaVaporer

Derp for terps
I’ve got an ArGo. Broke a f23king stem in it yesterday. Once this happens it’s shitsville. A tapered wooden dowel would have come in handy. LoL! I ended up breaking a bunch more of the glass and using a pick to grab one of the air path holes and managed to get it out. You could also use a paper clip to achieve the same results but not sure how well any of this would be for a blind person. I imagine it would be extremely frustrating.

Other than this, it’s pretty easy to clean - blow in the hole. As for the stems - drop them in some iso and you’re good to go.

TheDynaVaporer,

falcopus

Hello,

Thanks for all the reactions!

I think I prefer a vaporizer that I can fill with dosing capsules. Just one question:
Does it mean I can fill the capsule and than can place the capsule in the oven?
I think the Fury Edge is a good option? In one reply I read that the Edge works with capsules? Are they included when I buy one?
Capsules makes it easier... I can place them on the table and I have to move my hands always to find the oven of the vaporizer..... And lose some stuff :D
Do I need to clean the screens on the Fury Edge a lot?

If possible can someone give a shop that delivers the Fury Edge, in Europe?

One more question: How to you change the temperature? Is it with presets? Or do I need to choose the temperature everytime I turn the vaporizer on?
A short description of the usage should be cool. That gives me a good idea if it is possible for me to use.

A friend of me has the Crafty but it needs a lot of cleaning, the battery is not so good, the price is a little bit high.

Is the Fury Edge more portable than the crafty.... Since I can not see pictures of it...... :D

Thanks a lot for all the reactions!
Regards

NimChimpsky

I agree of the vapes mentioned the fury edge is probably the best option from an ease of use and cleaning perspective - it is also very portable/pocketable - and the dosing caps would probably make things much easier. I dont think the device comes with them but you can buy sets of 4 and they are very robust, will last a long long time. The only downside would be not being able to read the display/temp, yep just an up and down button to set the temp from my memory. I guess you could turn it on, set it straight to the max temp (428?) By holding the up button for a few seconds, then click down (counting) to your desired temp. I think it always starts on the last temp you left it on?

Side Note:
Not to make things more complicated, but I wonder, doesnt the Firewood 7 use haptic feedback exclusively to announce the temp? No visual display. And you can set presets to make it easy?

I have one on order right now so don't know how cleaning is or how difficult any other aspects might be in this case, so forgive me if this is a bad suggestion.

Also, it is a more expensive than the fury ($225 plus batteries/charger) only sold in the US and takes a few weeks to ship. But, shit, if the vape you decide would work best for you can only be ordered in the US (even if it's not this one), I'd be willing to order you one and ship it to you myself.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Hello,

I think I prefer a vaporizer that I can fill with dosing capsules. Just one question:
I think the Fury Edge is a good option? In one reply I read that the Edge works with capsules? Are they included when I buy one?
Capsules makes it easier... I can place them on the table and I have to move my hands always to find the oven of the vaporizer..... And lose some stuff :D

One more question: How to you change the temperature? Is it with presets? Or do I need to choose the temperature everytime I turn the vaporizer on?
A short description of the usage should be cool. That gives me a good idea if it is possible for me to use.

A friend of me has the Crafty but it needs a lot of cleaning, the battery is not so good, the price is a little bit high.

Is the Fury Edge more portable than the crafty.... Since I can not see pictures of it...... :D

Regards

Yeah I think the fury edge is the best, because it is similar to the solo but better being more portable and efficient and quicker, plus dosing capsules and haptic feedback.

Yeah I don't think the capsules come with it, I think they come in packs of four, so I would say grab one or two of those packs so you can prefill a lot of capsules. Just as you described you can fill them up and then just pop them in and out to vape, just be careful cuz they do get hot of course! The capsules will stay cleaner, if you are able to empty them soon after a session, but they are also easy to clean just using iso alcohol soaks and or running through hot water... It will also keep the oven spotless, while there is another mesh screen in the mouthpiece to help keep that cleaner as well.

I would also say, you can buy the Fury 2 glass stem bent mouthpiece or WPA, to load the Fury Edge just like the Solo, there you load the glass stem like it's your pipe and then insert that into the edge (upside down at first) for tastier vapor and also easy cleaning! The edge has its own glass pieces, but they connect in the mouthpiece, and you would still be using dosing capsules with them, which is also fine! I like the option of using the Fury 2 glass stems as well though.

Unfortunately the temperature setting is a digital screen, that goes up and down, however you could just leave it at one temperature setting and always use it there, it will remember the last temp setting it was at and begin heating up to it when turned on. Haptics vibrate when it reaches temp, and when it shuts down or first turns on, I believe it will also vibrate when the battery is dead? But I'm not sure I haven't had my battery die on me...

Yes the Edge is much much more portable than the crafty, easier to keep clean with less cleaning in general, price is good and fair, it also has nice battery life and can charge pretty quick usbC. I believe the crafty does have a larger bowl however, but I think the edge can go to a higher temp setting and maybe faster to do so?

Side note to you and everyone else who posted, I think the Firewood7 would NOT be a good option at all for you (cannot get it in the EU and I think hard to load without seeing) not the tinymight (it has too many parts and potential trickiness, for someone who cannot see, like I think they would have trouble with the dial on the bottom unless they used maybe puffy paint to mark the dial or something similar?) Those are my two overall favorite portables, but when it comes down to it they are not as easy as the Fury Edge, and given Falcopus' situation I really do think it is the best possible option for them...

However I do not know where to buy inside the EU, someone above posted a link, they said there was a website that had the Edge shipping in the EU, not sure if you tried that place yet? Hopefully they have all the accessories you need too... If you are sure you have decided on the Edge, then I think we can focus on just finding it for sale in the EU with those accessories!

NimChimpsky

Ok good call, I'd trust @Shit Snacks on this one and disregard the Firewood.

Looks like at least these sites have the edge dosing caps in stock and appear to ship to EU:

Also, idk if they ship to EU, but Delta 3D studios has a tray to help load the fury edge caps and also a 'caddy' to hold them. Not sure if that would be helpful but figured I'd share.

Loading tray link:

Capsule Caddy link:

justcametomind

Hello,

Regards
Fury edge is almost half the size of the crafty.
If you buy from Vapefully they have also the capsules but sold separately (150€ for the vape and 11.50€ for the capsules).

NimChimpsky

Fury edge is almost half the size of the crafty.
If you buy from Vapefully they have also the capsules but sold separately (150€ for the vape and 11.50€ for the capsules).
Looks like the capsules are sold out on vapefully, unfortunately.

Looks like the Vapewellness site has the edge for £135 and caps for £14, with free shipping to EU over £150. You could grab the device and 2 sets of caps (8 total) for €191.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Some important info that I don't think anyone here has asked for is what aspects of using the vaporizer the OP already has (Airizer, I believe it was) did you like, and what aspects of using the vaporizer you already have do you find to be problematic...and why for each?

You may find various likes and dislikes about the functions and ease of use that the rest of us wouldn't have thought about, which would be important in our recommendations. @falcopus

Top Bottom