E-Nano from Epicvape

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by ACE OF VAPE, Dec 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. FreddieFresh

FreddieFresh Well-Known Member

You should be set...
    for about a week :rofl:

2. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

today --> pink medication :rockon:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. johnlenin

johnlenin Active Member

Bought my first vape, an arizer air, two years ago after reading everything about vapes here on FC. Well the air is still kicking out clouds after constant everyday use for the past two years. I still love it, but decided id like somthing more powerful for home use. Well, today i ordered an enano from epic vape with the 4/20 discount! Just wanted to stop by and say thank you to everyone in this community who takes the time to be so very helpful with personal experiences and tips for newcomers and long- time vapers alike. This is a fantastic community and a great resource for anyone interested in making the switch from combustion to vaping. Thanks again! Happy 4/20 everyone!!

4. howzcat

howzcat Hard on Glass

the air is awesome. just recently started using it with a bubbler.

i've discovered the plastic tip mouthpiece, once you remove the plastic tip, fits perfectly in a 14mm female :D

but the nano is another beast. congrats!!

ACE OF VAPE, ataxian and johnlenin like this.
  5. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

I just had my first little 420 celebration, just me and the nano. I heated up some Golden Goat and vaped it dry through a hydrotube. I seem to get more flavor that way.

The last time I was at the dispensary I picked up my usual supply of indicas and indica-dominant hybrids. But I saw that they had a supply of Golden :goat:. I remember watching the R3DBAND bros when they were still hanging out together and they always had the Goat around. It is pretty highly sativa, but I said what-the-hell and picked up a gram. Damn, this goat is very sticky and smells strongly of lemon pine-sol. And while it is a bit heady, the effects are pretty easy on me and haven't caused me to wig out. The nano rips through those trichomes and gives out big clouds. I'll still go back to my indicas for the evening, but an enjoyable change.

Welcome to the nano club @johnlenin
    You will have years of enjoyment with you new-found friend. And you're welcome on your thanks for all the helpful info. Speaking for myself, I know that I have been a fountain of misinformation. And I also have an Air and like to use it around the yard and on trips. It is also very useful when your nano ain't warmed up.

And long live the :goat: <----- this guy right here.

and don't hate on him

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  6. ataxian

ataxian CALIFORNIA

[​IMG]
    The GLASS GonG is = CIVILIZED
    I'm guilty of LOVING FLAVOR
    NANO back in full form
    WAKE & VAKE = INTELLEGENT'S

@AJS where are you at?

Are you looking for "MR. GOODBAR"? (OLD MOVIE)

7. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Wait...is that @ataxian? No wonder he likes to paint his vapes pink!!

But I get it was tough to be a pink panther and hang with the surfing crowd! LOL

Just having a bit of fun with you, my friend @ataxian :tup::D

8. ataxian

ataxian CALIFORNIA

@Baron23 Have you used your NANO today?

24/7 mine is on!

@Whissmu color has no GENDER

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017 at 1:25 PM
  9. ataxian

ataxian CALIFORNIA

So good to hear from you!
    $20 bubbler that work's?
    PERCEPTIVE
    [​IMG]

10. Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius Member

Just jumping in to say hello everyone. I have had my nano for a few months thanks to this amazing community. I was debating between log vapes and ,in the end, I went with the nano because of how enthusiastic you guys are about it. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

One question. I have a hard time getting an even roast when using the dry stem. I'll get flavorful great hits, but there will be flecks of green even when I stir after every hit and don't pack much. I do have a hard time with the dry stem in general because Im always wary of stuff falling onto the heater. I've tried setting the screen closer to the heat with a lower heat and visa versa but haven't found an ideal. Tips would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017 at 10:45 PM
    ACE OF VAPE, Vapor_Eyes and ataxian like this.
  11. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

@Gaius Marius give your load a stir about half way through your session. Cannabis clings together when heated. Don't worry about cannabis falling into the oven. Just enjoy your unit in any position you want. I like using a j hook with my Enano. You would need a GonG. You can turn her up side down that way.

Usually the standard screen setting works well for me. The E-pic works great to measure load size and screen depth. I usually have a 10 min session so I have a larger load size but you should be able to use different amounts of cannabis. You may want to turn up your heat by 1/10 of a degree but you still want the flavor. Your ABV should be fairly uniform in color when spent. I have a few lighter flecks of lighter brown but not green. If there's green left you still have goodies that needs to be extracted.

12. CalyxSmokr

CalyxSmokr Well-Known Member

So you have no problem with a gong or you don't have a gong?

ACE OF VAPE, ataxian and Vapor_Eyes like this.
  13. Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius Member

To respond to both of you, m issue has largely been that when I don't use my gong, I can get a nice even roast when I use the gong, but when I use the dry stem, I have had a few specks and small buds fall on the heater, scorched the herb from being a little too close, etc so I moved the screen back a bit and kicked up the heat a little. It gets really nice flavorful hits but I still have bits of green and keep moving the screen closer to try to cook it all but it ends up as a pain.

When I use the gong, I often let it sit on the bong for a little to heat up, but wont do that with the dry stem because I don't leave it vertically as it has often ended up with cannabis in the heater unless I tightly pack little nugs.

ACE OF VAPE and ataxian like this.
  14. hd_rider

hd_rider Well-Known Member

When I use the stem, I will usually "rotate" the stem slowly while drawing on it. This seems to help roast the bowl more evenly.

15. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

I use two wooden tamps, one to set the screen depth and another to lightly tamp the load into the stem. After a stir it will still need a repack but its an easy way to help keep the load somewhat off the heater screen and get a consistent load size/pack/performance.

16. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Guys, a bit of green does not necessarily mean THC or beneficial entourage compounds are being left behind in any significant amount.

Green = chlorophyll

Brown = oxidation

Little specs of green (ala' most Volcano AVB, really) are quite often just specs of stems, etc that are in your load from grinding and which still have chlorophyll, IMO.

I think we all who have any experience can tell when their really ain't nothing left of much benefit....even if we can get another wispy cloud out it often is just not worth it....to me, at least.

17. AngryJon

AngryJon Well-Known Member

I also try to refrain from pushing it as it becomes a combustion risk as the avb gets lighter and more able to form a single airflow stopping clump when I breathe in.

ACE OF VAPE likes this.
  18. Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius Member

I will give this a try. Thanks for the tip
    I never really considered chlorophyll. I guess the thought that having more green means there is unused material just goes back to my days smoking when green meant that I missed it with my lighter.

19. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

If there is vapor still left in your load you still have cannabinoids to extract. With the Nano I still have active goodies left in my ABV and it a dark brown with lighter brown flakes. Never any green. I use my ABV for edibles and they are quite sedative.

Maybe it's the cannabis you are using? I assume you've tried different strains with the nano. The Nano needs a heat sink in for me. I leave my stem on top of the oven during a session. If I need to do something, then I will take the stem off.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017 at 5:38 PM
  20. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Green to brown all the way to the stuff you try to convince yourself isn't blazed. It all comes down to what you want and what you can tolerate. When times are plush one or two tasty draws off the Nano and its done. However when the jars are on empty who cares if there is a hint of ashtray in a stem.

ataxian likes this.
  21. Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius Member

I think it must be. I live in an illegal state so i buy in bulk and use the same strain for a few months at a time. It may just be that this specific strain doesn't toast evenly but Ill keep playing around with grind, depth, temperature, maybe try grinding and letting it dry out a bit. Its just a bit annoying because I like getting all the way to brown to ensure I get as much as I can even if it doesn't taste great.

All you people living in legal states. Be grateful for what you have. You are all blessed.

22. ataxian

ataxian CALIFORNIA

Are you making a JOKE?
    The word "blessed"?
    You must be in a FALSE STATE?

SANTA CLAUS, TOOTH FAIRY, EASTER BUNNY are make believe! (religious believe is poisonous as well) FREE THINK (don't be one of the green characters in "TOY STORY")

MOVE to where there is REASON!

NANO is real![​IMG]

23. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

Everything you need for a perfect medication, do not forget a big tail
    :rofl:
    [​IMG]

24. flotntoke

flotntoke thoroughly vaped

Hopefully you'll be able to get better material, no matter where you are, in the future. Seems like better things are coming up more and more everywhere these days.

In the meantime.... a couple tips to help you get the best vapor you can from even "less than great" material.

Keep everything airtight as much as possible, in the dark and at a "cool" temp (50 - 60 F seems best). Use humid-paks. I use Boveda 62%. They won't bring your stash back if it has already become too dry (< 50%), but will keep it in good shape while locked up.

I find 62% to be a little too moist for my vaping. Depending on the time of year and RH% in the house, I use different methods to dry things out a bit. If winter and heat is on, leaving on a tray in the open for a few hours will usually do the trick. If more humid, or for a quick dry touch, make an envelope out of a piece of plain white paper. Put the material you're looking to work with in it (gram or two) and leave it on top of your cable converter box, stereo while it's on, or something similar. You want just a little dry heat. After an hour or so, everything should be a bit more crispy. This grinds better with less mess, and vapes MUCH better IMO.

Keep in mind, when you're vaping you're also vaping off any water content/moisture. The more moisture in the vapor you're inhaling, the less goodies. Less moisture = more concentrated goodness in your vapor.

This, and stick with the many great other tips above.

You heathen blasphemer! Seriously, couldn't agree more about the make believe and how many chose to live in that fairy tale bubble. Think we're all better off being CIVILIZED, and free thinkers based on reason and reality.

25. Gaius Marius

Gaius Marius Member

First off, it is a privilege to have you reply to me. Your enthusiasm was one of the big nano selling points. I had to find out what it was like to be civilized.

However, I don't mean blessed religiously or not religiously. I think you can be blessed by the universe in the same way you can be blessed by whatever god someone wants to believe in. I wouldn't say religious belief is all poisonous, any belief can be made poisonous. Many atheists believe other things in the same way that religious people hold their beliefs with blind faith rather than reason. It all comes down to if someone is an asshole or not.

I'm not going to defend New Jersey, but I doubt I'll be moving to somewhere with reason any time soon as I kinda like it here.

Thank you sir. I will keep all this in mind.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors