CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I was wondering do most people vape the whole bowl at the same temperature or do they adjust to different temperatures on different hits of the same bowl
I usually vaporize around between 6 to 6.5 depending on the cannabis. The nano responds quickly to small adjustments in temp. I usually vaporize a whole bowl but you can take the stem out and continue later in the day. My sessions are around 10 min. I give my load a stir about half way into my session.

I have some Gorilla Glue right now that I need to vaporize at 6 and some Tahoe OG that needs 6.5. If your cannabis is too harsh turn the temp down. If you aren't getting enough flavor turn it up.
Some folks vape low temp during the day and a higher temp for evening to help with sleep. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Some Enanos may run slightly higher or low tempreture wise. Also different outlets make a slight difference. Some folks can tolerate higher temperatures.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I usually vaporize around between 6 to 6.5 depending on the cannabis. Some folks can tolerate higher temperatures.
1r3lv7b.jpg

Kief is $5.00/gram so I drench my DREAM QUEEN
and set my NANO at 6.9.
Without Kief 6.25.

Whatever floats your pool toy?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Thats good.

Has anybody used cotton to wipe down the insides of the stem and then vaped the cotton ball?

I was looking for the best way to re-use the reclaim after a dry wipe-down cleaning
That's the best way to clean in my opinion, if you want reclaim. Otherwise do the same thing with the cotton ball or some paper towel/tissue soaked in iso. After a couple passes the stem will be clean, just rinse it thoroughly with water at this point, once dry its ready to go.

I use a bamboo skewer to push the cotton around. You can buy a pack of about 100 for a couple bucks at the grocery store. They are cheap enough to be disposable after a few uses, and bamboo is a highly renewable and biodegradeable resource so it is environmentally friendly too.

You can dry your stem out with more cotton/tissue/etc. or simply give it some time. I have two adjustable stems so I can rotate them. I also have one glass screened stem and two of each size adjustable GonGs, 14 & 18mm.

Last edited:

baxter

That's the best way to clean in my opinion, if you want reclaim. Otherwise do the same thing with the cotton ball or some paper towel/tissue soaked in iso. After a couple passes the stem will be clean, just rinse it thoroughly with water at this point, once dry its ready to go.

I use a bamboo skewer to push the cotton around. You can buy a pack of about 100 for a couple bucks at the grocery store. They are cheap enough to be disposable after a few uses, and bamboo is a highly renewable and biodegradeable resource so it is environmentally friendly too.

You can dry your stem out with more cotton/tissue/etc. or simply give it some time. I have two adjustable stems so I can rotate them. I also have one glass screened stem and two of each size adjustable GonGs, 14 & 18mm.

Thanks, I was wondering about that. With my Dynavap I like to use a small piece of cotton to wipe down the reclaim and then I vape the cotton ball for about 4 or 5 really strong hits. I never even do an ISO soak at all unless I accidentally combust and then need to ISO clean the entire piece if i make that mistake to get rid of the aftertaste of combustion.

EDIT: Yeah, I would rather not touch it with Isopropyl Alcohol at all if i can avoid it. Sort of like a cast-iron skillet that I just want to wipe down over and over and continue using rather than wash with detergent

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Thanks, I was wondering about that. With my Dynavap I like to use a small piece of cotton to wipe down the reclaim and then I vape the cotton ball for about 4 or 5 really strong hits. I never even do an ISO soak at all unless I accidentally combust and then need to ISO clean the entire piece if i make that mistake to get rid of the aftertaste of combustion.

EDIT: Yeah, I would rather not touch it with Isopropyl Alcohol at all if i can avoid it. Sort of like a cast-iron skillet that I just want to wipe down over and over and continue using rather than wash with detergent

I like the more flavorless degummed hemp fiber. It can be found here and there at different vape distributors. I got some from DynaVap (VapCap) that is very nice and can get a small-ish bit for cheap instead of a lifetime supply as it is often sold. Shipping may be a bitch. Think they charge $7 flat rate for pretty much everything, but may be worth sending an email for a lower rate if this is all you're getting.

Another way to do this is just put the hemp/cotton in your stem a little behind the screen (1 - 3"). It will catch condensate and leave your stem pretty clean after it. It will also collect a lot of nectar and can be easily pushed out and vaped once it's gooey.

jimbob

I appreciate all the responses, I don't visit the forums a lot these days but it's great how many people are always willing to offer advice.

I'm jealous of your glass collection @flotntoke very nice pieces. Splash back is not fun but I figured I don't even need water if I fill the bubbler with ice. Better flavour too :tup:

Last edited:

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
Hey everyone, I'm just now starting to become interested in getting the e-nano for myself.

I'm unfortunately in Europe, so I was wondering if any of you have experimented with DIY stems etc. that fit on the e-nano.
My concern is that over time the stems may break (I've owned and operated a Solo for 5+ years, still have the 2 original stems without a crack - knock on wood - but it does happen) and ordering replacements will a) take long and b) be expensive due to intl. shipping. That's not a deal breaker, I just am curios if there's a workaround.

Also, has anyone used a different Power Supply/Cord? Would any VVPS work in case the cord/dial breaks?

I ordered an Extreme Q about a month ago because I thought you can't get Log vapes outside of the US/UK and thought they just plug in and heat up, no way to control the temp - now I'm aware how flawed my thinking was and jealous of all you nano owners ;) (Especially the ones in the US, with your fancy-pants 2-4 day shipping :p )

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
I would order an extra stem or 2 when you purchase. They are very thick glass and difficult (though not impossible) to break. I've had mine for over a year and not broken one yet. I ordered several backups and have yet to need even one. Knock on wood.

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
I would order an extra stem or 2 when you purchase. They are very thick glass and difficult (though not impossible) to break. I've had mine for over a year and not broken one yet. I ordered several backups and have yet to need even one. Knock on wood.

Yep, I'm planning on getting an extra stem and a 14mm GonG adapter, although maybe a second gong rather than an extra stem as I plan on always using it through water. And some silicone rings probably.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Hey everyone, I'm just now starting to become interested in getting the e-nano for myself.

I'm unfortunately in Europe, so I was wondering if any of you have experimented with DIY stems etc. that fit on the e-nano.
My concern is that over time the stems may break (I've owned and operated a Solo for 5+ years, still have the 2 original stems without a crack - knock on wood - but it does happen) and ordering replacements will a) take long and b) be expensive due to intl. shipping. That's not a deal breaker, I just am curios if there's a workaround.

Also, has anyone used a different Power Supply/Cord? Would any VVPS work in case the cord/dial breaks?

I ordered an Extreme Q about a month ago because I thought you can't get Log vapes outside of the US/UK and thought they just plug in and heat up, no way to control the temp - now I'm aware how flawed my thinking was and jealous of all you nano owners ;) (Especially the ones in the US, with your fancy-pants 2-4 day shipping :p )
Welcome to the forum.
If worried about the glass stems, buy yourself a wooden one. @ACE OF VAPE might make them but I know @Ed's TnT makes Enano stems out of wood.

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
Welcome to the forum.
If worried about the glass stems, buy yourself a wooden one. @ACE OF VAPE might make them but I know @Ed's TnT makes Enano stems out of wood.

Ahh, interesting. I've seen Ed's name here and there. Good to know, thank you! And thanks for the welcome! (Been lurking a while here and there)

I'm not really worried so much, I was just wondering if it's a custom size (heating element), or a 'standard' size, so I could use a male-to-male adapter or something like that, or a Solo Stem in "emergency" situations (=until a replacement comes hehe).

I guess I missed the 4/20 sale, gotta hunt for some coupons now.

unsorted

I'm not really worried so much, I was just wondering if it's a custom size (heating element), or a 'standard' size, so I could use a male-to-male adapter or something like that, or a Solo Stem in "emergency" situations (=until a replacement comes hehe).

I too came to the Nano after first having the Solo. You won't be able to use a Solo stem with the enano. The stems are not the same od. The Enano heater tube fits inside of the stem or gong. The Solo stem or gong inserts into the oven.
I think you'll find that you use smaller loads with the nano and 2-4 hits will extract all the goodies. No more 10-12 minute sessions trying to maximize battery economy. For home use, the Nano is the way to go. JMO

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Yep, I'm planning on getting an extra stem and a 14mm GonG adapter, although maybe a second gong rather than an extra stem as I plan on always using it through water. And some silicone rings probably.

If you're going to be going mostly through water, just get the GonGs. One stem should be plenty. Depending on your glass situation, pick up a couple 18.8mm, or a couple 14.4mm, or both. They all come with silicone sleeves on them (pretty indestructible in regular use & cleaning) and screens inserted. If anything, you may want to pick up some replacement screens. They're cheap and come in handy. Should be all you REALLY need in future unless you're a habitual glass breaker. The glass is pretty thick and will stand up to a good bit of abuse IME. Just don't drop one from a meter or higher on to a ceramic or concrete floor! Mine always even survive slippery drops into sink from short distances.

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
If you're going to be going mostly through water, just get the GonGs. One stem should be plenty. Depending on your glass situation, pick up a couple 18.8mm, or a couple 14.4mm, or both. They all come with silicone sleeves on them (pretty indestructible in regular use & cleaning) and screens inserted. If anything, you may want to pick up some replacement screens. They're cheap and come in handy. Should be all you REALLY need in future unless you're a habitual glass breaker. The glass is pretty thick and will stand up to a good bit of abuse IME. Just don't drop one from a meter or higher on to a ceramic or concrete floor! Mine always even survive slippery drops into sink from short distances.

Ahh, ok I thought I had to get the sleeves extra! Good to know! I'm usually pretty careful, but I know what you mean regarding the slippery sink drops ;)

I guess my biggest concern right now is if it'll get through Customs. I read a few pages back that someone's nano got held in customs and they said it had to be sent back, because it's lacking the CE certificate. But others in Europe have said it wasn't a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
The glass is really thick, as long as you don't drop them on tile, @ataxian , you will be fine. Order some spares. I can't speak to the converters, but folks have good luck with them. I har some are noisier than others, maybe some other European friends can chime in....

I think I'll be fine with 2 gongs and a stem. A friend of mine has a 3D printer, so maybe we could print up some kind of safety-sleeve haha.

I'm going to get the converter in an electronics store here, and I think I should be able to test it or at least find out how many dB it produces. I will have it under my desk though and usually music or the TV etc running, don't think that's a big deal.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
I think I'll be fine with 2 gongs and a stem. A friend of mine has a 3D printer, so maybe we could print up some kind of safety-sleeve haha.

I'm going to get the converter in an electronics store here, and I think I should be able to test it or at least find out how many dB it produces. I will have it under my desk though and usually music or the TV etc running, don't think that's a big deal.

The enano stems are amazingly thick, but I have thought broken both mine in a two day streak of unlucky moments

But if you have had solo or planning on Xtrme Q then I can tell you the epic vape are thicker :D

You really need to drop them on a stone surface, I also recommend getting a wooden stem or a cheap steam-roller for those dry hits

The enano dry stem is good for low temp flower hits, I had a shorter stem that had curves and more cooling, gave me way better big hits and allowed me to vape hash dry

Also get a good stepdown-convertor +100 watt and maybe Google around for a totally silent one, they tend to hum or make a sound when on

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

Go to top right of the page, and enter "converter" in search box. Then click the box for "Search this thread only." There'll be some things that are unrelated to a voltage converter, but mostly good posts for more info.

Gray Area

Ahh, ok I thought I had to get the sleeves extra! Good to know! I'm usually pretty careful, but I know what you mean regarding the slippery sink drops ;)

I guess my biggest concern right now is if it'll get through Customs. I read a few pages back that someone's nano got held in customs and they said it had to be sent back, because it's lacking the CE certificate. But others in Europe have said it wasn't a problem.

@UnevenPizza There's a nano that's in Germany for sale in the classifieds right now... :tup:

Top Bottom