Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
Hey, I was just wondering how you guys feel the enano would be for a crafty owner?

Would it be a worthy desktop piece? I know i would have to get used to a greater air resistance. I would hope its better than say a flowermate? (a vape i also have) I vape with my partner and I am also interested in how the "small amounts" for this device works out? Is it exaggerated, or when having a session with two it is annoying?

i was leaning towards getting a volcano as my desktop, but I have read around that perhaps this vape has a greater extraction.

advice is welcome!
I have a crafty and my nano. The crafty no longer gets used at home. The nano has full on replaced it. Buy a nano. You won't be disappointed. If you think the crafty helps conserve medicine wait till you get a load of the nano! Love that nano!!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Also I would buy 2 GonGs, glass breaks. Just ask @ataxian
You really can't go wrong with buying this vaporizer. You will get excellent aftercare if needed.
@CarolKing I broke all glass related to my NANO.
For the $ it's great!
I wish I did not break GonG's all the time.

Maybe before XMAS I will get a GonG or 2.
18mm = less restriction.

Seeing my NANO sit in the CLOSET is kind of sad?
The FLAVOR = CIVILIZED

muffdoc

Quick question. is there a way to use the nano with a unit that has a male joint? Mainly looking for a 14mm Female Gong, or what parts I would need to run Silicon whip. Thanks.

muffdoc,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Quick question. is there a way to use the nano with a unit that has a male joint? Mainly looking for a 14mm Female Gong, or what parts I would need to run Silicon whip. Thanks.

Sure can. You just need to get the proper glass adapters. If you're trying to get on to a 14mm male get a 14mm female to 18mm female adapter (if you have an 18mm nano GonG). You put the 14mm side on your 14mm glass piece and the 18mm on your nano GonG adapter. Or, get whatever sizes you need. They can be found many places (some for cheaper than this), but here is one from Oregon Glass Blower. He's on FC sometimes and does good high quality stuff. I have assorted adapters from him I've ordered over the past few years.

NpyTWIB.jpg

You could connect a silicone whip to damned near any narrow glass - it's just a matter of getting the right size. And, if using silicone, you have the option of going inside or outside the glass. For instance, a 1/2" OD pieced of silicone should have a good seal if you stick it into the 14mm side of the adapter above. Or, an 11/16' ID would probably fit over the outside of a 18mm male GonG. You can also find glass pieces with whatever GonG sizes and a tubing connector (just straight glass that is usually a smaller diameter) and you just slip it on.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Yes, I shall get 2-3 stems, and gong replacements. I do currently own 4 cats ... its a joymare. With your transformer, perhaps you can answer a few questions for me. I vape multiple times in a day. Which transformer do you use? What kind of usage do you get out of it? Any issues re: noise, burn out etc.

I am not sure what transformer I got but seen others with same looking 100 watt one, reason I don't know is because I taped over mine, the buzz from time to time but only way I found to stop it is just lay them on the side, I have 3 cats and it's also a joymare but I medical multiple times a day to deal with the stress of cat ownership, it's been running 24/7 for little over a year and it's as loved as the cats

muffdoc

Sure can. You just need to get the proper glass adapters. If you're trying to get on to a 14mm male get a 14mm female to 18mm female adapter (if you have an 18mm nano GonG). You put the 14mm side on your 14mm glass piece and the 18mm on your nano GonG adapter. Or, get whatever sizes you need. They can be found many places (some for cheaper than this), but here is one from Oregon Glass Blower. He's on FC sometimes and does good high quality stuff. I have assorted adapters from him I've ordered over the past few years.

NpyTWIB.jpg

You could connect a silicone whip to damned near any narrow glass - it's just a matter of getting the right size. And, if using silicone, you have the option of going inside or outside the glass. For instance, a 1/2" OD pieced of silicone should have a good seal if you stick it into the 14mm side of the adapter above. Or, an 11/16' ID would probably fit over the outside of a 18mm male GonG. You can also find glass pieces with whatever GonG sizes and a tubing connector (just straight glass that is usually a smaller diameter) and you just slip it on.

I've got a F/F, 14mm to 18mm. I'm trying to avoid using it.

rebis

Stepdown transformers come up often. There was one on Amazon I linked to a few pages back that seems to be a fan favorite.

Stick with the adjustable screen stems/GonGs, IMO. The fixed glass work fine, and some like them. But, an adjustable screen is key to get the most out of your nano. Having the ability to adjust your heat is a little more important, but having the ability to adjust the distance to heater in the stem (with adj screen) allows you to tweak to find your favorite set up. It's not too hard to find your own perfect distance and repeat it, and you also have the ability to tweak this way or that depending on your material, what kind of buzz or flavor you're looking for, whatever glass, setting a little different for visitors, your mood, etc. They're also a lot easier to clean and maintain.

A clean screen makes a big difference, so pick up some extras with your order. While it's good to keep your glass stem/GonG clean also, a quick screen switch out will keep you rolling. I usually switch screens 5 or 6 times between glass cleanings. I have a bunch of them and keep the dirtys in one container and the cleans in another. Every month or so I clean all the dirty ones at the same time and replenish the clean jar. Just soak in alcohol for an hour or two, give a quick scrub with an old toothbrush, rinse and dry. Pretty simple!

Agree with @CarolKing to go with 18mm. Most glass that pairs well with nano is 18mm, and adapters can make it work with 14mm if you happen to pick one up.

One other thing to consider since it seems you'll be ordering in a few weeks... What kind of wood? I have an exotic, a walnut and my deer old Cherry Girl (almost 4 years old and still going strong). I've also used a few different maple and cherry nanos. There is very little difference in performance, if any, from wood to wood. But, nano envy can get to you after a while. If you stop by here often, and many do after they get a nano because of all the GREAT people that participate in this thread, you may find yourself yearning for something a little nicer than you purchased when pictures pop up. Budget & personal preferences both come into play here, and I'd suggest you go with your preference if you can swing it. Don't get me wrong.... even the plain old maple is a beautiful piece of wood. But when you're sitting there stoned, the prettier ones are more fun to gaze at. If your budget allows I'd suggest you check out @Snappo 's exotic woods. You purchase wood separately from him, and he will ship directly to Epic. Just be sure to pick something that is sized properly for nano. Once your wood gets to Epic, customs don't usually take too long to be completed. Epic usually has some nice exotics available too. Snappo's wood thread is here.

My lovely Amboyna Burl exotic with wood from Snappo. Pic is 3 months old and those cracks look exactly the same. Think they're just part of the wood. They're actually hard to see if not in the sun and in a close up shot. :)

Cheers for the info. My gut feeling was that the adjustable gauze would be more versatile and useful overall. Nevertheless having not used it couldn't be sure. As for the wood, whilst it is a more tertiary concern of mine you do raise a point. I think for my first I will be probably go maple. In the world we live in know, I will appreciate simple having an object made of wood. If after that I fancy a nicer one I am sure I will get it. I once had a set of headphones with wooden cups and they felt really solid and pleasing.

I love the natural knarling of that wood, its a beautiful piece. I think it's nice to have a device that doesn't look like a science experiment. I have owned a lot of pieces over the years when i smoked, so I am used it. But aye, a really interesting and attractive device.

I have a crafty and my nano. The crafty no longer gets used at home. The nano has full on replaced it. Buy a nano. You won't be disappointed. If you think the crafty helps conserve medicine wait till you get a load of the nano! Love that nano!!!

Yeh, the crafty is excellent at what it does, no doubt. Perhaps my opinion has been coloured by what i've read, but it doesn't feel like it will last. The device gets hot, i get "battery is hot turn off" messages. Meh. If getting the enano moves my crafty into mobile vaping I think it will perform more to it's intended design.

I am not sure what transformer I got but seen others with same looking 100 watt one, reason I don't know is because I taped over mine, the buzz from time to time but only way I found to stop it is just lay them on the side, I have 3 cats and it's also a joymare but I medical multiple times a day to deal with the stress of cat ownership, it's been running 24/7 for little over a year and it's as loved as the cats

Aha, well I will perhaps post a couple, and you can see if it is similar. As i said it just worried me that it said, 'NO LONGER THAN 1 HOUR'. In my current country of residence, my buddy has one for US appliances, so might help. I will need something temporary for the UK. We also have a dog, there is a generation gap between my cats that may never be bridged. I would say this is the main stress for me.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Aha, well I will perhaps post a couple, and you can see if it is similar. As i said it just worried me that it said, 'NO LONGER THAN 1 HOUR'. In my current country of residence, my buddy has one for US appliances, so might help. I will need something temporary for the UK. We also have a dog, there is a generation gap between my cats that may never be bridged. I would say this is the main stress for me.
Are you sure your looking at "step down transformator"? Or the +50 watt ones?, I got a small one that I used for my Davinci ascent and that one has +1 hour warning for high loads but 100 watt ones has been on for days without problem

Gray Area

I have a 100w step down I got from maplins. It looks just like the one @flotntoke posted a page or two back. It's been on multiple hours/day for a couple of years now without probs.

I just took a look in the Maplins website, and what it says is "for loads of 70w or higher please ensure the converter is not used for more than one hour".

Nano will be way below that so shouldn't be a problem (and hasn't been) :tup:

Mine also has a slight vibration sound to it which goes away when turned on its side lol I just live with it and can only ever hear it in a totally quiet room when I'm close to it...

Milo

Quick question. People talk about adjusting the screen in the glass stem so your herbs don't get too close to the heat. However, since there's no lower screen in the stem, doesn't everything just fall onto the screen of the heating element when you put the stem on the unit? Or do you pack it tight enough that it doesn't? Or do you invert it?

VC's video shows him using it upright and it looks like his herbs are just loose. What's the point of adjusting the screen in the stem in that case?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Quick question. People talk about adjusting the screen in the glass stem so your herbs don't get too close to the heat. However, since there's no lower screen in the stem, doesn't everything just fall onto the screen of the heating element when you put the stem on the unit? Or do you pack it tight enough that it doesn't? Or do you invert it?

VC's video shows him using it upright and it looks like his herbs are just loose. What's the point of adjusting the screen in the stem in that case?
I don't pack it tight, I don't pack at all. I just suck some herb into the stem loosely. When you actually hit it, the suction shrinks the load and brings it close to the screen in the stem, and the trichomes melt, making everything stick together. The combination keeps my loads from touching the screen on the heater.

There's no need for using it inverted in my experience. I typically use it horizontal, just because it feels good ergonomically. You can pretty much use it how you want to.

Changing the screen depth allows for bigger or smaller loads. It also changes the heat level a bit because your load is a different distance from the heater.

I like my screen pushed back a millimeter or two, it seems to make for a little more even extraction with less stirring, and occasionally I like to use bigger loads too.

Milo

I don't pack it tight, I don't pack at all. I just suck some herb into the stem loosely. When you actually hit it, the suction shrinks the load and brings it close to the screen in the stem, and the trichomes melt, making everything stick together. The combination keeps my loads from touching the screen on the heater.

Thanks. I hadn't thought about the suction. Still, looking at VC's vid, it seems pretty loose in there ... Anyway, it seems to work.

Also, if you push the screen too far into the stem, how do you pull it back out? Push a chopstick through the other end?

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Thanks. I hadn't thought about the suction. Still, looking at VC's vid, it seems pretty loose in there ... Anyway, it seems to work.

Also, if you push the screen too far into the stem, how do you pull it back out? Push a chopstick through the other end?

Yep, chopstick works well in stems. I usually use bamboo skewers. Short golf pencil is my tool of choice for GonGs.

rebis

Are you sure your looking at "step down transformator"? Or the +50 watt ones?, I got a small one that I used for my Davinci ascent and that one has +1 hour warning for high loads but 100 watt ones has been on for days without problem

I have a 100w step down I got from maplins. It looks just like the one @flotntoke posted a page or two back. It's been on multiple hours/day for a couple of years now without probs.

I just took a look in the Maplins website, and what it says is "for loads of 70w or higher please ensure the converter is not used for more than one hour".

Nano will be way below that so shouldn't be a problem (and hasn't been) :tup:

Mine also has a slight vibration sound to it which goes away when turned on its side lol I just live with it and can only ever hear it in a totally quiet room when I'm close to it...

I checked for that maplins and that shall be the one. Cheers! On the amazon site I don't know if it specified a wattage. I shall order in November, but sadly I will not get to try this thing until mid to late december. Thanks a lot for all the help, and I shall post a few piccys once im using it!

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
OK, so the Y-adapter showed up today! AND the new 18mm GonG has shipped from epic! Was all set to just wait out the couple days til that shows up. BUT, realized in the meantime I have my old 14mm GonG and a reducer...

Kicks like a mule.

I have found the answer for when 1 e-nano doesn't deliver big enough hits: 2 e-nanos (which I already had a second one for backup :))

That was the one thing the e-nano didn't perfectly fulfill, for me, even though I only rarely want those monster lung-buster rips (for serious medication, in a hurry).

Last edited:

16jps

Hey Guys,

I feel morally obligated to come back here to say that:

This is an amazing product.

Coincidentally it has also resided in my life during a time of great change. Things might be turning around for me and this little guy has been with me through the whole transition (and helping).

I just want to say thank you Epicvape for giving me this treasure, that always works and is always ready for me. I'm sure it will do a great job at keeping me warm through the coming winter.

Enjoy Fall while it lasts folks.

:peace:16jps

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
yep, tried out the new 18mm GonG with the U adapter and the D020 and both e-nanos. Was hoping for even thicker vapour, could be the strain I used, Jupiter Kush. Testing will continue, but not now, quite vaked.

I'm tempted to order just 1 more 18mm GonG since the design changed and i don't have a perfect matched pair, cursed acquisition syndrome...

rabblerouser,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

bengaltiger

What are some good glass pieces to use with the E-Nano? Prefer smaller, simpler ones with water filtration. How is the experience different as opposed to direct draw from the stem?

bengaltiger,
Top Bottom