rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
  • Keep those screens clean! I find that I can't really go by sight as to when I should clean the screens. That is, they still "look" fairly clean when they really need to be washed. I forgot who posted this (sorry), but I use a little rubbing alcohol with sea salt in a leak proof container. Drop the screens in the alcohol salt bath, shake a bit, rinse screens with water and they're good as new. Quick and easy!

I swear by this one, I go a couple days max on a screen before wanting to clean it, i like the air to not be impeded at all. I don't use salt tho, waste not want not. I just toss dirtied screens into rubbing alcohol and let soak (I actually use that old purple bottle i got with my PD :D ). Sometimes i fish them out and keep using the alcohol, sometimes just dump into my designated lasagna pan for scraping up the oil after evaporating the alcohol.

The slower soaking method works better for me now that I have plenty of screens. Might get one of those basket presses for the long haul tho, but it has taken years for me to go through a similar number of dollars worth of screens.

Esoteric

Pot Head formerly Septon Sefton
I have a Grasshopper, but always have a look at the e-nano.
It is worth to own both devices?

Does anyone have both devices and can say something about this?

I have grashopper, Arizer solo(missus also has Air), Arizer Extreme Q and the e-nano.

I use the nano daily, the extreme q rarely and the solo, air and grasshopper maybe once a week each.

Its apples vs oranges, the grasshopper is a very capable vape(albeit with a rubbish battery life), but i cannot think of a good reason why i would use it indoors instead of the nano.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Seek
The reason you don't see a lot of comparisons in this thread is that you're really not supposed to compare vaporizers in a vaporizer specific thread. You might have good luck in the Ask FC section, a lot of the people in here frequent that section too.

It's not quite a direct comparison but just a few posts above you @LazyVaper offered his thoughts of adjusting to the E-Nano coming from an Arizer product.

The reason for the rule is to avoid debates getting out of hand in a manufacturer's thread. I think it's mainly to stop "A vs. B" arguments about which is better that tend to devolve into flame wars. That being said, I'm going to try and walk a fine line here:

I have a Grasshopper, but always have a look at the e-nano.
It is worth to own both devices?

Does anyone have both devices and can say something about this?

I find the Grasshopper to be the closest thing to a portable log that I've tried so far. It really is very similar in usage, performance, and results. The E-Nano has the huge advantage of being rock solid reliable and dependable, and you never have to worry about running out of battery. Also, once warmed up it's even faster than the Grasshopper.

One is a stealth portable and one is a plug-in so it's hard to do a direct comparison. I can say that I believe anyone who has a Grasshopper would probably really like the E-Nano. I rarely use my hopper at home, I prefer to use my nano.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Having a light pack so the cannabis has plenty of air flow throughout your load is important. I have the Malaana it's like a portable log vape, it's unregulated. So it has no temp control.

If you have a restricted airflow it could be that it's too tight of a pack and too much material used.

Using my Enano right now with one of my fav day time strains Green Crack. What great taste this unit produces. If your cannabis is on the dry side and you use a temp above 7 1/2 folks have combused. It will taste like the smoking days. It's hard to get the smell out of your vaporizer but eventually it goes away.

I've never combusted with my Nano and have had my temp on a high heat like 8, my temp dial was accidentally bumped up. I've turned my dial up to allow my unit to heat up faster and forgot. I had some nasty tasting cannabis but my load was charred not combusted.

It's fun to use various glass pieces wth your vaporizers but I find a j hook is a must for the folks that like to add to their collection of glass.

I can't enphasize enough how buying one of these units will be one of the best vaporizing tool choices that you could make. A log vape is a must for anyone that is a vaporizer lover and collector. Maybe you are person that wants to begin to use cannabis a healthier way. The Enano would be a marvelous choice. It's easy to use and maintain.

Last edited:

Tony Timeless

Thank you for your thoughts!

Now I have to find a way, to get the e-nano to Germany. The missing CE-signature could be a problem.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can confirm that the missing CE-signature is indeed a problem. German customs won't accept the unit as well as the cord with the temperature control.

On the other hand, I also can confirm, that it is though possible to own an E-Nano in Germany ;- )

Comparing the E-nano with the GH is (as mentioned above) indeed like apples and oranges in terms of reliability or functionality.
But in my opinion, the GH has the more powerful heater and gets the job done quicker. The E-nano however provides a much smoother vapor , I cannot stand the harshness of the GH but that's just my opinion!

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Having a light pack so the cannabis has plenty of air flow throughout your load is important. I have the Malaana it's like a portable log vape, it's unregulated. So it has no temp control.

If you have a restricted airflow it could be that it's too tight of a pack and too much material used.

Using my Enano right now with one of my fav day time strains Green Crack. What great taste this unit produces. If your cannabis is on the dry side and you use a temp above 7 1/2 folks have combused. It will taste like the smoking days. It's hard to get the smell out of your vaporizer but eventually it goes away.

I've never combusted with my Nano and have had my temp on a high heat like 8, my temp dial was accidentally bumped up. I've turned my dial up to allow my unit to heat up faster and forgot. I had some nasty tasting cannabis but my load was charred not combusted.

It's fun to use various glass pieces wth your vaporizers but I find a j hook is a must for the folks that like to add to their collection of glass.

I can't enphasize enough how buying one of these units will be one of the best vaporizing tool choices that you could make. A log vape is a must for anyone that is a vaporizer lover and collector. Maybe you are person that wants to begin to use cannabis a healthier way. The Enano would be a marvelous choice. It's easy to use and maintain.
I couldn't agree more... a log vape is the ultimate in vape performance experience... other tech designs may try, but fall far short of achieving. The E-Nano will fulfill all expectations!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Great post!! Thanks for the follow up, and glad to hear you hung in there with the logs until it all came to you. Kudos!
N6ZZGmA.jpg

4smTkku.jpg

Do you have those glowing grips?
I use them for seals!
The NANO TASTE very AMAZING!
I need to order more GonG's?
Taking old broken ones and making them work!
I may be a LOW INCOME SACK however I try to be CIVILIZED?

ABOVE:
Map from a book I'm reading.
There is this chapter about MONTANA!
Just curious if you read it?

COLLAPSE/JARED DIAMOND/CIVILIZED
Most portables taste like SHIT! (I don't eat it!)

Last edited:

raycervantes

Hello all,
I'm an e-nano user for a few months now. I have a question about temperature accuracy. In wanting to obtain a specific temperature, I measured the nano with both a heat gun & multimeter. In both instances, the temperature fluctuated greatly (over 30 degrees). The temp would go up and down, much like an electric stove top.

This leads to two questions:
1) Is this unique to my e-nano, or has anyone else experienced this?
2) Is there a desktop with a constant temperature (EVO, SSV, V3, or other)?
Thanks

TeeJay1952

@raycervantes Things to try.
Various outlets and various devices to see if electricity is fluctuating.
One 1/2 hour test. Heat at 10 for 1/2 hour. Take reading.
Turn to 6 for 1/2 hour.Take reading.
Turn to 7 for 1/2 hour.Take reading.

If readings are constant paint markers on dial once you determine best results. If reading all over the place contact Andy.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hello all,
I'm an e-nano user for a few months now. I have a question about temperature accuracy. In wanting to obtain a specific temperature, I measured the nano with both a heat gun & multimeter. In both instances, the temperature fluctuated greatly (over 30 degrees). The temp would go up and down, much like an electric stove top.

Thanks
Good Question!
Placement of THERMOCOUPLES vary!

Most vaporizers are not accurate.
However after testing many vaporizer's the NANO is in my rotation.

There was a old movie with Sophia Loren.
K SE-RA she said as she torn off the rear view mirror.
Find your sweet spot. Forget numbers! Go by feel.

6.0 for this strain.
6.25 for other's.

Whatever gets you there!
H7FxR2k.jpg

Last edited:

raycervantes

If readings are constant paint markers on dial once you determine best results. If reading all over the place contact Andy.
I've actually done just this, and the readings are different based on how long the nano is left on. At 1/2 hour, say a "6" is 380 degrees...at 5 minutes it was 300, however, one hour later, it will be at 450 (or 350). There seems to be no consistency. I've tried on multiple outlets, and rec'd the same problems.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I've actually done just this, and the readings are different based on how long the nano is left on. At 1/2 hour, say a "6" is 380 degrees...at 5 minutes it was 300, however, one hour later, it will be at 450 (or 350). There seems to be no consistency. I've tried on multiple outlets, and rec'd the same problems.

I'm sure it did - assuming you just left the nano sitting there. Andy would be the one to provide best answers here, but the nano has a heater - it's not A heater. From my extensive use it will fluctuate a bit while sitting (not measured with thermometer, just feeling heat come off it while sitting next to it). I think this is because it is constantly trying to adjust - as it would in normal use. When you hit it, it draws heat off and the nano will keep up with your draw - and recover full heat when resting.

You may also want to check your thermometer and technique - or you may have a defective nano. I would expect temps off 10 - or even 20 - degrees, but the differences you're talking about would be apparent to even a novice vaper. I used my oldest nano daily for almost 3 years and would reliably have the same temp (extraction) on the same dial settings over the whole 3 years (other than slight changes due to ambient room temp or moving to a different electrical outlet). If it were off 100 degrees - or even 30 - from hit to hit, session to session, it would be very noticeable with every off temp hit. Not to brag, but after years of daily use I can usually tell if the dial was bumped 1/4 of a number when I pick it up from the temp of the wood - and always tell if it moved a nudge when I hit it (assuming same strain/grind).

I haven't measured my normal nano temp, but it is probably around 365 - 380. I've used enough vapes with temp readings to know that if it were at 400 (or god forbid 465!) I'd probably not only not like it, I'd be hacking up a lung because of the unknown difference, and still hitting it like I normally do.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm sure it did - assuming you just left the nano sitting there. Andy would be the one to provide best answers here, but the nano has a heater - it's not A heater. From my extensive use it will fluctuate a bit while sitting (not measured with thermometer, just feeling heat come off it while sitting next to it). I think this is because it is constantly trying to adjust - as it would in normal use. When you hit it, it draws heat off and the nano will keep up with your draw - and recover full heat when resting.

You may also want to check your thermometer and technique - or you may have a defective nano. I would expect temps off 10 - or even 20 - degrees, but the differences you're talking about would be apparent to even a novice vaper. I used my oldest nano daily for almost 3 years and would reliably have the same temp (extraction) on the same dial settings over the whole 3 years (other than slight changes due to ambient room temp or moving to a different electrical outlet). If it were off 100 degrees - or even 30 - from hit to hit, session to session, it would be very noticeable with every off temp hit. Not to brag, but after years of daily use I can usually tell if the dial was bumped 1/4 of a number when I pick it up from the temp of the wood - and always tell if it moved a nudge when I hit it (assuming same strain/grind).

I haven't measured my normal nano temp, but it is probably around 365 - 380. I've used enough vapes with temp readings to know that if it were at 400 (or god forbid 465!) I'd probably not only not like it, I'd be hacking up a lung because of the unknown difference, and still hitting it like I normally do.
Thank you for writing such a hard piece when you vaporize as
you do!

I like a smaller mouth piece for the NANO and SOLO.
If we were 2000 years behind evolution maybe a larger hole?
lGK3IXZ.jpg

LUXURY = CIVILIZED

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Regarding temperature, I've heard folks say if you have something plugged in the other electrical outlets the temp goes down. I notice that too when my iPhone is plugged in. Could different outlets make a difference? Different Nanos may vary a little bit. I don't have a temperature meter or I would check my unit.

What I've noticed too a temperature at 380 degrees on one vaporizer feels different than another vaporizer at the same exact temperature on the dial. Which is a different subject entirely and a lot of variables to consider such as materials and airpath. That would be a whole new thread.

I have some GrapeApe in my Enano tonight and trying not to allow the presidential election to bother me.:smug:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
hi there =)
just want to share my vape crew i've been using daily.

SfAgu1X.jpg
You have a lot of TOY'S!

It's all about GonG's!

Never is there enough. (18mm)
My NANO needs cleaning however I have the most important TOY!

GonG's are worth more than GOLD:
OcWpONl.jpg

CIVILIZED

I must say the table in your pic is divine as in well made!

Last edited:

Dramma Lamma

Looks like a job for!
Hello all,

Thanks

hmm

This, there has to be something flawed about the baseline data you have taken.

I find it nearly impossible to believe the heating element is fluctuating that much, or if it is yours may need service.

All we have here is a heating element and a dimmer switch, do lights on a dimmer switch fluctuate randomly greatly? no they don't.

Is the light on your nano fluctuating in brightness?

The light is directly liked to the power source as is the heater any varation in heater would likely also be seen on the light.

Last edited:

rocky2298

Good morning!

I just purchased a E-Nano and it's been delivered! ---- I like it a lot but I'm still learning as its been under a week I've had it --- E-Nano Standard Wood Kit (CherryEnano) x 1, Fixed Glass Screen E-Nano Stem (All glass fixed-screen-enano-stem) x 1, 18mm/19mm fixed screen all glass GonG (19mm-fixed-glass-gong) x 1, E-Pick (epick) x 1

Could anyone point me toward some basic glass/bubbler pieces that are compatible to my above hardware.. I know there is a couple different ones on DHGATE - And i will order from there also, but is there any other places with a little faster shipping lol? I don't have a lot of time as I'll be leaving next weekend for out of town work until the New Yr.. Amazon would work well for me .

I'm a total noob to vaping hardware and glass. Also, Any recommendations for extra glass backup hardware that I should order now so I'm not crying later when it inevitably breaks and I'm left empty handed!

I normally always thoroughly research and search out my answers before posting on forums but everything in life is changing fast for me right now so my time is very limited and when you're very green to switching from combustion to vaping there is quite the learning curve to get it right.

Thanks so, so much all :)

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
Good morning!

I just purchased a E-Nano and it's been delivered! ---- I like it a lot but I'm still learning as its been under a week I've had it --- E-Nano Standard Wood Kit (CherryEnano) x 1, Fixed Glass Screen E-Nano Stem (All glass fixed-screen-enano-stem) x 1, 18mm/19mm fixed screen all glass GonG (19mm-fixed-glass-gong) x 1, E-Pick (epick) x 1

Could anyone point me toward some basic glass/bubbler pieces that are compatible to my above hardware.. I know there is a couple different ones on DHGATE - And i will order from there also, but is there any other places with a little faster shipping lol? I don't have a lot of time as I'll be leaving next weekend for out of town work until the New Yr.. Amazon would work well for me .

I'm a total noob to vaping hardware and glass. Also, Any recommendations for extra glass backup hardware that I should order now so I'm not crying later when it inevitably breaks and I'm left empty handed!

well, you've already got the 18/19 mm GonG so something to match that size, FC has a cheap glass thread full of recommendations http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/unread

I recommend extra e-nano stems and GonGs

Top Bottom