Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I mean that the lowest settings such as anything below maybe three produces no heat.
It never combusts anything even on higher settings. Just meant that I’ve stopped using the nano because of the odor and gone back to regular combustion where I can’t taste much of anything in contrast with using a vaporizer
The lower settings are useful for the aromatherapy dish and also for various aromatherapy herbs. I don’t understand how it’s a bad thing that you have extra capability? Why would a more narrow range of heat be better? As long as it vaporizes as well as it does at 6.6314159 I really don’t care if the scale goes from 1-100 or 5-8.

I guarantee you any faint smell you think is there is going to be far more safe then the carbon monoxide that results from combusting. But hey, keep doing you! On the bright side, you’re not getting any flavor either. :shrug:

Last edited:

Inquiry

I guarantee you any faint smell you think is there is going to be far more safe then the carbon monoxide that results from combusting.

Yeah, I’m not sure that’s true.

I’ve always erred on the side of caution and believed that if you’re smelling it you’re ingesting it to some degree.

Does yours have a faint smell when hot?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Yeah, I’m not sure that’s true.

I’ve always erred on the side of caution and believed that if you’re smelling it you’re ingesting it to some degree.

Does yours have a faint smell when hot?
Not like you described although I could perhaps say it smells of hot metal. That seems inevitable with a large metal sleeve which is there to improve performance. If I put a metal sheet pan in the oven there is a similar smell if I put my nose right next to it. That doesn’t mean I’m not going to eat off of it.

Again, you do you. If you are truly erring on the side of caution I firmly believe my point still stands that the known dangers of carbon monoxide inhalation vastly outweigh any perceived risks from a faint hot smell.

I’ve owned an Evo and it was a fantastic vaporizer with an all glass vapor path. It smelled hot, probably because it was hot. Neither the Evo or Nano smell bad, or like the “robot fart” smell with a brand new low quality electronic vaporizer. They just smell hot because they are hot.

Last edited:

Inquiry

I’ve owned an Evo and it was a fantastic vaporizer with an all glass vapor path. It smelled hot, probably because it was hot. Neither the Evo or Nano smell bad, or like the “robot fart” smell with a brand new low quality electronic vaporizer. They just smell hot because they are hot.

It’s just a faint smell, not particularly offensive. Like a hair dryer as another user stated, and only when I stick my nose near it.

I’ve never noticed a smell coming off my oven sheets.

As Baron said, smell is pretty subjective, so maybe my characterization of it as a hair dryer is what you’d describe as hot metal.

Never been any visible smoke or ceramic dust or anything coming out of the element. And I almost always connected a little bong when using it.

Did your evo break? That was the glass on glass I was looking at years ago

Inquiry,
Reactions: ataxian

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
No, I sold my Evo and I think the buyer sold it some time later. The thing about the Evo is it has the glass air/heater path but you have a plastic shell that gets hot. So hot that they have heat guards that you can put on it. You also have large metal ELBs in the vapor path.

The E-Nano gets hot like all vaporizers but is made of wood, steel, aluminum, ceramic, and cork. The air path includes both medical grade metal and ceramic and the vapor path is mostly glass. There is actually less metal in the vapor path with an adjustable screen stem than the Evo, and zero metal in the vapor path if you use the fixed glass screen stem. With the Evo you need to use the baskets so there is always some metal in the actual vapor path, even though the air/heater path is all glass.

According to FC rules this thread is not the correct thread to discuss comparisons or material safety but rest assured the E-Nano has been designed with safety in mind. As I mentioned before it is RoHS compliant. That alone should speak volumes.

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
@Inquiry each nano has a sweet spot, not a wide range of usable temps you dance around. Although it may vary from season to season. Your perfect spot sounds like 7.2-7,5, mine is right around 6.2
@UnevenPizza who sets his at 5, I believe is in Europe (Greece?), so his nano is tied to a step down converter that may push the nano differently than our 110v over here in the us.
Hot metal definately has a smell.
Saying your playing it safe by combusting is humorous. How's that smell?
Hope all are healthy and sane being cooped up. :peace:

Inquiry

Relatively safe, I guess that’s a better way of characterizing it. With combustion, I’m fairly certain of what I’m putting in my body.

The smell from the nano just scared me and I started getting paranoid about inhaling some kind of electrical fumes.

Then all that stuff about toxic cartridges happened, and a buddy of mine began putting thoughts into my head about popcorn lung (I know the ingredients in the actual cartridges were the culprit).

So, I was freaking out and frantically googling ceramic coils and came across some stuff about Silicosis. I read somewhere that there’s a small drop of Gorilla Glue used somewhere inside the nano (can’t remember where I read it, maybe here).

Finally, I made an account here to look for some reassurance from fellow users that the smell is normal, but some said yes while most said no. I was considering bringing it out of retirement because I’ve been smoking fairly heavily for the past couple months after abstaining for a long period.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Keep watching videos of this trying to decide lol. It’s a life changing decision!
I like the flavor so much!
Plus wood is beautiful in my world!
Get a NANO if you want to be kool.

HIPPIES maybe a culture 60’s and even the 70’s.
The method was smoking joint’s and burying the joint in the sand before catching waves in the ocean. A NANO is for opulent CIVILIZATION!
Get CIVILIZED get a NANO.

Last edited:

howie105

I went with the adjustable ice stem, but fixed screen was the only option for the gongs at the 2 for $30 deal. Honestly, adjustability is nice, but I think I will like the fixed screen because I won't have to fiddle with it.

I am sure you will enjoy your new vape, the Nano works fine with whatever stem is holding the load.

Last edited:

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Why do @ataxian posts always makes me want another Nano. :D
Definately doing a 4 for Forty deal they got going on stems and gongs for 4/20.
@Cervical CBD getting in on any vape this time a year is a win, no matter which one you choose. 4/20 sales rock. The Nano is a solid, compact, reliable vape that is really simple to enjoy....24/7 if you want. Well... it's always ready to go when you want. ;)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Why do @ataxian posts always makes me want another Nano. :D
Definately doing a 4 for Forty deal they got going on stems and gongs for 4/20.
@Cervical CBD getting in on any vape this time a year is a win, no matter which one you choose. 4/20 sales rock. The Nano is a solid, compact, reliable vape that is really simple to enjoy....24/7 if you want. Well... it's always ready to go when you want. ;)
My wife would ban me from life if I added to my collection of vaporizer’s!
The NANO is so easy to medicate or recreate CANNABIS medication to the MAX!

howie105

What stems do you find yourself enjoying more, the fixed glass screens or the adjustable?

Adjustable ones for a couple of reasons, first I found a load size and its position in the stem that works for me, and second I am an old fuck who tends to break glass and the adjustable ones are way cheaper. Don't get me wrong I have a few fixed screen stems and adapters that are not broken yet, and they do the job too.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Adjustable ones for a couple of reasons, first I found a load size and its position in the stem that works for me, and second I am an old fuck who tends to break glass and the adjustable ones are way cheaper. Don't get me wrong I have a few fixed screen stems and adapters that are not broken yet, and they do the job too.
The NANO is great for lover’s of CANNABIS!

baxter

I tried CBD hemp flower for the first time. The results where great from the E-Nano.

This CBD bud is much better for me during the day because I am still clear-headed enough to work and to read books/ do research. And then after 6pm I switch back to normal THC bud.

I recommend everyone to try it. It is 100% legal in all 50 states to order it via the Internet. I ordered from CBD Hemp Direct and it came in only 2 days.

Has really helped my anxiety and depression. The effects are felt within 5 minutes of the first hit.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I tried CBD hemp flower for the first time. The results where great from the E-Nano.

This CBD bud is much better for me during the day because I am still clear-headed enough to work and to read books/ do research. And then after 6pm I switch back to normal THC bud.

I recommend everyone to try it. It is 100% legal in all 50 states to order it via the Internet. I ordered from CBD Hemp Direct and it came in only 2 days.

Has really helped my anxiety and depression. The effects are felt within 5 minutes of the first hit.
My son’s use CBD roll’s and are extremely sports minded!
THC is the best for me?
THC / CBD blend during the daze.
SATIVA with expresso = morning
HYBRID for reading = until 420 (80/20 non-fiction/fiction )
INDICA for movie’s and before bedtime
NANO IS VERY SIMPLE TO USE!
Shout out to any water pipe that has a smaller mouthpiece domestic or imported!

Last edited:

Mako Kupo

Really enjoying my Enano experience. I think desktops in general are overlooked by so many in the vape community. At least, I was overlooking them. Glad I changed my tune on that.

Love love love my e nanos! I don;t use them so much anymore sicne I upgraded to a different log, but I used them for about 3.5 years and they are responsible for my stopping combusting! Lovely devices and tons of 3rd party accessories. I highly recommend the ice stem from epicvape!

despeRAWdo

Fan of Hot Air Makers.
Love love love my e nanos! I don;t use them so much anymore sicne I upgraded to a different log, but I used them for about 3.5 years and they are responsible for my stopping combusting! Lovely devices and tons of 3rd party accessories. I highly recommend the ice stem from epicvape!
I picked up an ice stem already it is awesome. GonG adapter is currently getting the most work though.

Top Bottom