jr1xt1

Is the dimmer cord worth the extra $20? Is it more flexible than the standard?

My nano has been my favorite piece of paraphernalia for years but the power cord and dial it comes with in the standard model are absolutely terrible. Since the nano is pretty small and light the plug takes up a big enough percentage of the volume of the log that you basically have to place the dial unit on a level surface unless you're okay with knocking the nano over everytime the cable gets jostled. The fancier dimmer cord has a dial in a solid box that probably supports itself a lot better, so even though it'll take up more desk space with the nano out my guess is the user experience will be far better. I should've gotten one a while ago but I'm about to upgrade to the fp vrod so I'm probably not gonna have the nano itself for much longer.

Last edited:
jr1xt1,
Reactions: BigJr48

howie105

Is the dimmer cord worth the extra $20? Is it more flexible than the standard?

Money talks and opinions are for free, perhaps asking who has spent the money for a replacement cord will get you an accurate answer. My opinion is as long as the rubber band holds the knob in place and the reference nicks I cut into the dial are there I am good.

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
Yo!
I have been enjoyin' my nano for a while now.
lots of fine flavours.
expressed exquisitely, at 5.3

Skunk. Em Dawg. Blue Cheese.
and some Jack H. please!
Cotton Candy Kush or LA Amnesia
the nano will please ya.

stay safe out there
and always strive to make pizza & peace possible
:peace::zzz:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Skunk. Em Dawg. Blue Cheese.
and some Jack H. please!
Cotton Candy Kush or LA Amnesia
the nano will please ya.

stay safe out there
and always strive to make pizza & peace possible
Open my stash, load up my stem, a tiny piece, I can’t believe my nano can achieve this, it gives me bliss, a little peace of mind, I order a pizza pie, I’m more than a little high as I gaze at the sky...

Inquiry

Now I’m really wondering if there’s something wrong with mine.

No way could I get any vapor on 5. Is it visible on exhalation for you at that temp?

Inquiry,

paulws88

Hello,

New-ish e-nano owner. I seem to be having trouble with the normal stem: When I grind up my bud and load it into the stem and then flip it onto the e-nano pieces of the grinded bud just falls onto the heating element which I believe is bad because it could potentially combust the bud. I guess a way to prevent this is to use a a small nug instead of grinded bud and wedge it in the stem but I prefer grinded bud, anyone got tips?

Last edited:
paulws88,

vinnyzan

Hello,

New-ish e-nano owner. I seem to be having trouble with the normal stem: When I grind up my bud and load it into the stem and then flip it onto the e-nano pieces of the grinded bud just falls onto the heating element which I believe is bad because it could potentially combust the bud. I guess a way to prevent this is to use a a small nug instead of grinded bud and wedge it in the stem but I prefer grinded bud, anyone got tips?
Don't fight gravity, hold the stem/nano horizontal

howie105

@vinnyzan isn’t that the incorrect method? Shouldn’t I be able to use it as described vertically?

Grind it up, suck it up, lightly tamp it down and away you go. It's not much of a tamp about a 1/16" of compression.

Inquiry: No way could I get any vapor on 5. Is it visible on exhalation for you at that temp? ... I can't get much but a little taste at "5" but each user experience is unique.

Last edited by a moderator:

unsorted

Hello,

Have you seen this?

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@unsorted Yeah i've seen it, doesn't matter once you do it vertically the herb falls onto the heating element.
That may happen but you have nothing to worry about as far as combustion. I have accidentally left an overfilled stem on my nano overnight because it was too effective at managing my insomnia. At least that’s the excuse I use. When I woke up I was horrified, yet when I went to check the stem my material was fully extracted but not combusted in the least. I didn’t mind wasting a couple hits but I didn’t want to have to clean the stem to get rid of that combustion taste, I can’t stand it.

I use mine horizontally mostly but my friend uses it vertically. I’ve spilled many crumbs and never had any issue with combustion. The crumbs mostly fall in the metal sleeve which is somewhere between warm and hot. It’s also important to note that the heater is not exposed. The heater is enclosed in a metal stem with a screen that blocks direct contact with the heater. The heater is set back a little bit from the screen as well so there is always a gap between your material and the actual heater.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I have to be honest, I’ve been neglecting my nano for the past year. I went on an extended t-break and then when I started back up I was mainly using cartridges for various reasons, mostly convenience. I’ve always preferred the full spectrum effects of flower and there is no time better than now to be economical so I’ve been using my nano a lot more lately. It really is one of the most efficient methods of consumption and still packs plenty of power.

:peace: :leaf: ;pd;

238154-AD-B8-BA-4-D52-9508-30-DF04-D4401-B.jpg

Last edited:

Inquiry

I can't get much but a little taste at "5" but each user experience is unique.

I feel like the user experience should be fairly uniform. If my nano is running at 5, shouldn’t it produce the same experience for another person running it at 5? I guess the guy talking about it expressing flavors is just trying to catch hints of flavors rather than a cloud of vapor. Seems like most people set it to at least 7. I think my temp setting is around 7.5

I’m still worried about the weird smell coming from mine. Maybe it’s just the ceramic heating element and a slight odor it emits. Tried the burn off, but it’s still there.

Baron23

If my nano is running at 5, shouldn’t it produce the same experience for another person running it at 5?

These are very analog devices and performance at a given setting is dependent to a degree on the specific rheostat you have and the quality of your mains power.

Personally, I don't care at all what setting another person is using to get vapor, just the setting on mine. What does it matter if I'm at 6.5 and Joe blow is getting the same performance in his house with his Enano but his is set to maybe 6 or 7?

Seems like most people set it to at least 7. I think my temp setting is around 7.5

Not sure about that.....on mine in my house, I run at 6.5 and 7 is a bit to charring for me, personally, and I do tend to prefer high temp/thick vapor.

howie105

I feel like the user experience should be fairly uniform.... Lots of variables pop off the top of my head like the bud being used, how long and how fast the draw is, house current, an individual's sensitivity of taste, user preferences, variations in the actual vapes could all come into play. Are all the possible variables enough to change the user experience is up to the individual to decide. On the smell from your vape if you can't burn it out or clean it out you have to come to a decision to send it back to the manufacturer for service or live with it. Good Luck

Last edited:

Inquiry

I guess this wasn’t really the right vape for me.

The very faint odor coming from the device once it’s heated has scared me off. Another guy said his had it too, but others say theirs doesn’t, so I guess it’s not normal.

I would like to pretend it’s not there because taste isn’t affected in any way. Just freaked me out

These are very analog devices and performance at a given setting is dependent to a degree on the specific rheostat you have and the quality of your mains power.

Personally, I don't care at all what setting another person is using to get vapor, just the setting on mine. What does it matter if I'm at 6.5 and Joe blow is getting the same performance in his house with his Enano but his is set to maybe 6 or 7?

Not sure about that.....on mine in my house, I run at 6.5 and 7 is a bit to charring for me, personally, and I do tend to prefer high temp/thick vapor.

Definitely no charring on mine at that temp. The dial isn’t great on this thing. Doesn’t really heat up or do anything on the lowest settings.

Bummed because I picked up a bunch of new strains that would be great to taste (I can’t taste anything when combusting). Seems like there used to be more glass on glass vaporizers out there. Can’t find much of anything in that department now

Last edited by a moderator:
Inquiry,

Baron23

Definitely no charring on mine at that temp. The dial isn’t great on this thing. Doesn’t really heat up or do anything on the lowest settings.

Bummed because I picked up a bunch of new strains that would be great to taste (I can’t taste anything when combusting). Seems like there used to be more glass on glass vaporizers out there. Can’t find much of anything in that department now
I'm sorry, I've sort of lost track....you mean if you turn your dial down one notch, like from 7 to 6, it really doesn't heat?

If so, then I think you most likely have a bad rheostat and should contact Epic.

There are many, many people who run at 6 and a good bit cooler. The device should work properly at well under 7.5 and you should def be able to vape with it without it tasting like burnt crap.

Talk to Epic, I think.

Cheers

Inquiry

I mean that the lowest settings such as anything below maybe three produces no heat.

It never combusts anything even on higher settings. Just meant that I’ve stopped using the nano because of the odor and gone back to regular combustion where I can’t taste much of anything in contrast with using a vaporizer

Last edited:
Inquiry,
Reactions: Baron23
Top Bottom