First and foremost, don't plug it in again until it's repaired!!! Could be very dangerous.

Andy has always responded quickly to my inquiries through the Epicvape website email. If it's been a couple of days, ping the same email address again.

On a side note, it sounds like the power cord may have been tugged a little to disconnect the wire splice internally. If you are handy, it's very likely a simple repair. I'd wait for Andy to respond if it's recently acquired as to not void the warranty though.

Thanks for the info! I am very handy, so if it's a simple repair, I would definitely do it myself. Yeah, the tug. It happens too often, no matter how careful I am, that the knob drops and pull the Nano with it. I try to keep up with it, but that little sucker gets away from me sometimes.

luvdavape

Well, my Nano is dead. :( It started shorting whenever the cord would move and then started crackling inside the unit. Sounds like I have a shorted wire inside somewhere. Anybody know an alternate way to get in touch with someone at Epic? I submitted a question through their website on Tuesday asking about how to seek repairs, but no response.

I want my Nano back! I do wish it had a different style power cord, though. It's the one thing I have not liked about an otherwise excellent little vape, and now it's the one thing that has crapped out on me.
That should be a pretty easy fix. If it were me I'd unscrew the base and take a look. If a wire is somehow making contact it should be really easy to take care of in mere minutes. If it is a damaged heating element that's a different story.
You might want to let Andy know before doing so y'all can agree and not mess with your warranty.

Edit: Didn't see TheDude...'s post but looks like we're thinking the same way.

luvdavape,
Reactions: Hoops
I'm assuming that there are screws beneath some of the cork pads on the bottom? Any way to know which pads, or do I have to pull all of them off?

TheDudeNextDoor,

Hoops

I believe that's where they are...not sure which ones need to be removed without trial and error though. After the bottom is removed, the problem will be quite clear.

Edit: To Luvdavape's point, the heating element may have been damaged, entirely possible.

There are photos somewhere in this thread showing the internals of the nano for reference.

Please know that I recommend waiting for Andy to respond, just in case.

Last edited:
I believe that's where they are...not sure which ones need to be removed without trial and error though. After the bottom is removed, the problem will be quite clear.

Sweet. I've repaired worked with 110 quite a bit, so repairing a short won't be a problem. I just wasn't certain how to get into this little thing. If it's just a couple screws under the pads, then I would much rather fix it myself anyway so I don't have to be without it. Glad I asked. Thanks Hoops!

I'll update after surgery.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Well, my Nano is dead. :( It started shorting whenever the cord would move and then started crackling inside the unit. Sounds like I have a shorted wire inside somewhere. Anybody know an alternate way to get in touch with someone at Epic? I submitted a question through their website on Tuesday asking about how to seek repairs, but no response.

I want my Nano back! I do wish it had a different style power cord, though. It's the one thing I have not liked about an otherwise excellent little vape, and now it's the one thing that has crapped out on me.
EPIC was good and fast about repairing mine.
There customer service was exceptional.
I'm sure you will be made whole!

I was without mine for a week.
It's hard not having the flavor.

This medical device fit's a need!

As my illness progresses I need all the help I can get!
So cool you can just fix it yourself!
Pretty simple really!

Thanks to you guys, I have my Nano back! It was a fairly easy fix. Once I got the bottom off, it was easy to see the short, which was right at the spot where the wire feeds into the Nano. I spliced out the short and recreated a wire protector with electrical tape and she fires right back up as clean as can be. I was even able to fix the little rattling habit my heating element had picked up. Easy peezy!

I took a few pics for the benefit of anyone who hasn't seen inside a Nano yet.

With the bottom off. That screw you see just under the wire is the screw to tighten the heating element to its casing. A couple turns with a screwdriver, and the rattling was gone.

Zvxi9uL.jpg

Yep, think I found the problem.

ce5aLGG.jpg

Back in business!

RVZ7kH6.jpg

Just two screws in the bottom at 3:00 and 9:00 from the power light.

VQzWEGy.jpg

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Thanks, Dude!! I too have a first gen nano like yours. Been rattling for a while and dives off the table regularly. So, just waiting for a similar problem. Don't want to void my warranty, but if I need repair I'm tempted to do it myself - especially after seeing how easy it looks. Thanks for the great pics!

Don't want to go more than a day without it either! Though, don't think I'll be able to resist the temptation to add some more cord between the dial and nano base. Another 2 feet would take this vape from a 9 to a 10 in my book.

Very interested to hear Andy's comments re: warranty for do-it-yourselfers with a little bit of electronics experience.

I believe that was an EV2, not a Nano.

Yes... it was an EV2. Definitely don't want to see this thread start going in that paranoid direction again!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
MAN, I LOVE THIS VAPE!!!!!!

Sorry... Just haven't said it in a while and in middle of a nice sesh. Was on a friend's buddha last night and pulled my EQ out when I got home for a change of pace. Don't get me wrong... both of those are nice - but neither compare to the ease, efficiency, flavor and pure stoning power of the nano!!!

Quick, non-scientific comparison.... all with pretty sticky Blue Dream....

Split about .75 g in buddha (3 loads) with my buddy. Nice buzz, ok taste (even thru his huge tube bong with several different percs), but have to remember to be careful with tubing into glass. Left me pretty tuned up but wanting more 1 1/2 hours later. Pulled out the EQ and short hosed it to small bubbler. Used close to .5 g in 2 full elbow packs. Similar.... Nice buzz, ok taste, and be careful with tubing to glass! Not complaining about either. They both worked and worked pretty well.

Tonight.... about .1 g with nano to my fav nano-bubb. Too buzzed to finish right now so came here to share. Taste? Exquisite! No tubing to glass to worry about. Just drop it on and go! Will probably finish it up and re-load with other .1 g left in dish & be silly giggling through Daily Show. So not even half as much stash with wonderful taste and about the same buzz (maybe a little more buzzed). What a great vape!!

2 Paces

Gotta love the Nano. So much vapor & taste from so little bud.

This past weekend I cleaned up 2 stems that I had gotten pretty caked with goodness on the inside. I always look forward to this. I love vaping what I get out of the stems. It creates dense clouds, and seems to vape forever.

Some people call this reclaim, some call it stem hash, I'm sure there are other names for it.

Of the vapes I use regularly, the Nano is the only one that I get reclaim from.

So I've decided to call my reclaim Nanoseconds. :D

I enjoyed a lot of Nanoseconds on Sunday.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I also did a nano scrape on Sunday. It was the first time I ever scraped the nano. I must say that my "nanoseconds" were exactly as 2paces just described. Thick, dense, flavorful clouds that seemed to last forever! Seriously a ball about the size of an air soft pellet yielded somewhere in the rang of 55-60 draws. This thing just blows me away all the time! Such a great vape! If I could change anything it'd be to make it where the cord was detachable.

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer

Sorry to hear about your Nano. I've never seen one short on the inside and I doubt this one has. When a Nano is shorted (which I have done intentionally during testing) the triac in the dimmer circuit immediately fails and prevents power from continuing to the unit itself. The problem you are experiencing sounds like an 'open circuit' not a 'short.' I have seen two Nanos that developed a problem in the cord itself. The copper strands inside the insulation in the cord became fatigued and eventually separated.
Send it back and I'll take care of it. Remember, FC members get a lifetime warranty on everything except glass.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Sorry to hear about your Nano. I've never seen one short on the inside and I doubt this one has. When a Nano is shorted (which I have done intentionally during testing) the triac in the dimmer circuit immediately fails and prevents power from continuing to the unit itself. The problem you are experiencing sounds like an 'open circuit' not a 'short.' I have seen two Nanos that developed a problem in the cord itself. The copper strands inside the insulation in the cord became fatigued and eventually separated.
Send it back and I'll take care of it. Remember, FC members get a lifetime warranty on everything except glass.
Someone started typing before reading on. Lol

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I received my new to me stems from a fellow forum member yesterday. It took less than 5hrs for a member response/pay for them. I love this place! I'm extremely happy to get my nano going after the unfortunate accident with the included stem.They are the pinch type. I took the advice of a earlier post and put a No2 screen in there, works great. Feeling good today and just happy to be here at FC. :tup:

@ACE OF VAPE I love my nano thank you. It is a beast. I am very impressed with the quality. It looks as good as it functions. Just impressed. Very very happy with it.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I received my new to me stems from a fellow forum member yesterday. It took less than 5hrs for a member response/pay for them. I love this place! I'm extremely happy to get my nano going after the unfortunate accident with the included stem.They are the pinch type. I took the advice of a earlier post and put a No2 screen in there, works great. Feeling good today and just happy to be here at FC. :tup:

@ACE OF VAPE I love my nano thank you. It is a beast. I am very impressed with the quality. It looks as good as it functions. Just impressed. Very very happy with it.
I am at a lost for words about the NANO.
Today the NANO was the staring player.
My bubbler has a 18mm fitting so I put a reducer bushing so I could use my 14mm fitting with the NANO.

ALIEN KUSH whole flower nuggets.
DUTCH TREAT course ground.

Glass disk in my WPA (GonG) - love this gal.

I just left it on all day and she was ready to vape when I was!

Last edited:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Damn damn damn!!!!!

Anybody see the problem with this picture of an otherwise relaxed Stoney lazy winter Saturday night????
OyRSRMM.jpg

Look at that stem.
The break was so clean.
VL6qwTC.jpg

It was just while I was sipping on it dry at 7.5. No funny angles or anything. I was sipping and heard a little pop. As I went to draw the straw away it just fell over. I looked down and saw the ring from the glass filter down still sitting on the heater still full of herb. I always kind if expected this to happen. There were little bubbles all around that weld. This one always fit perfect too. Never to loose or to tight. So RIP :rip: nano stem, you will be missed. Btw you could've waited until after the holidays to do this.:cuss:

Just thought I'd share my sad story.

Last edited:

z9

Damn damn damn!!!!!

Anybody see the problem with this picture of an otherwise relaxed Stoney lazy winter Saturday night????
OyRSRMM.jpg

Look at that stem.
The break was so clean.
VL6qwTC.jpg

It was just while I was sipping on it dry at 7.5. No funny angles or anything. I was sipping and heard a little pop. As I went to draw the straw away it just fell over. I looked down and saw the ring from the glass filter down still sitting on the heater still full of herb. I always kind if expected this to happen. There were little bubbles all around that weld. This one always fit perfect too. Never to loose or to tight. So RIP :rip: nano stem, you will be missed. Btw you could've waited until after the holidays to do this.:cuss:

Just thought I'd share my sad story.

Sorry to hear about the broken stem, I wiggle and spin my nano around in the gong when I'm hitting it so I'm waiting this to happen to me as well. Although I have a plethora of 18mm glass screened gong so losing one wont be much of a problem. But I have a success story!

Went over to my friends last night who had never used my nano, or done any vape bonging for that matter. I had talked up how this thing could milk a bong so naturally he wanted to put it on his Mobius 60t. I was saying there's no way that the nano could milk something with that much volume, no fucking way... the 60t is just massive if you haven't seen one in person. I've been trying to talk him into getting an LSV to get him into vaping again because I didn't think the Nano would satisfy such a hardcore user with its small load sizes and all.

Mobius60tstereomatrix_master_jpg

Well surely enough I was happily proven wrong as this thing filled the 60t with a dense cloud of vapor every time. I couldn't believe the nano had the power to pump out that much vapor. Even after seeing this I still tried to talk him into the LSV but it was too late, for he had already :bowdown: to the Nano. After a night of rest my Nano has forgiven me for ever doubting her and our relationship is now stronger because of this. My buddy is going to place an order for an exotic Nano in the coming weeks! Hopefully he'll stop (or almost stop) smoking bud once he gets the nano; I know I convinced his girlfriend that he should buy one too. I've been contemplating buying a non-log heavy hitter, but after seeing that I see no reason to. I about passed out after milking the Mobius, my lungs and brain can't handle that shit. Wayyy too racey for me.

:horse: There's no compromising on power or flavor with the Nano, it truly is a versatile vape.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
:horse: There's no compromising on power or flavor with the Nano, it truly is a versatile vape.
The NANO is the best tasting vaporizer through a water path (nice glass by the way)
The Vapolution 2 to me is the best dry.

The LSV I use once a week (COMA INDUCER)
I can't be that medicated during a busy week.
The NANO is definitely the most useful medicating device in my quiver (tiny)
FLAVOR/EFFECT is really a very civilized way to medicate.
The NANO with a nice piece of glass is so BLISSFUL!

Don't get me wrong the LSV is a good powerful device.
Like driving to the Grocery store in a FERRARI!

The NANO won't get you a speeding ticket!

Plug in device = NANO wins for best all around!

Last edited:

Doug

Just passing time
It's always fun to convert people over! A year or so ago, my brother was in from Oregon. At that point, I just had gotten a water path with my EQ, so I was pretty blown away by the setup. He loved it and said it was the best pot experience he ever had (big smoker for many years still was at the time). Since then, I've upgraded my glass a bit, but more importantly, got the Nano. I can't wait to show him next week.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
... I had talked up how this thing could milk a bong so naturally he wanted to put it on his Mobius 60t. I was saying there's no way that the nano could milk something with that much volume, no fucking way... the 60t is just massive if you haven't seen one in person...
Well surely enough I was happily proven wrong as this thing filled the 60t with a dense cloud of vapor every time. I couldn't believe the nano had the power to pump out that much vapor.

True that, z9!! I have a large volume Leviathan Lattice that I use on occasion. nano clouds it up something fierce on 7.5. I can barely hold a full hit and only about 1/2 the time - so too much for me - but damn what a hit it is! Usually do this pair up when a hard core smoker - "vapes ain's shit" friend is over. Definitely changes minds quickly. Packs don't last quite as long, but dare you to take more than 3 - 4 of these monster hits and do anything other than be stuck to the couch and laugh your ass off.

Luv2Vape

I'm pretty spoiled as I've recently gotten used to filling the can on my Mobius Clear Matrix with a huge cloud of extremely dense vapor every time using the Nano. It just knocks me on my ass leaving me completely satisified. That cloud is just so damn tasty too. This thing appeals to all of my needs. It's visually appealing to use with my glass, the taste of the huge clouds are awesome. It is very efficient. Using it is effortless & it gets me where I need to be fast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom