BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
It seems that if a nano is going to split it generally does so in the first 1-2 months. Most don't, but sometimes the grain just has a weak point. This is based on reading prior posts here.

I think I remember reading that the more expensive burl models are less likely to split. Possibly because the grain is all twisty.

You're probably under warranty. The bad part is the wait if you don't have a back-up.

TaterLog

Real Human [baked] Bean
Greetings Nannerites

Brought my maple unit out this evening. It's been stashed away for a little over a year, as I've been alternating between an Underdog and an Air. Holy shit . I forgot how heavy this thing hits. I put a few crumbs in my glass screen'd GonG and ripped it twice . Instant gratification.

Never should have put er away

*Edited for super shtoned mistakes

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Greeting Nannerites

Brought my maple unit out this evening. It's been stashed away for a little over a year, as I've been alternating between an Underdog and an Air. Holy shit . I forgot how heavy this thing hits. I put a few crumbs in my glass screen'd GonG and ripped it twice . Instant gratification.

Never should have put er away
9V vs 12V

NANO is a bit more powerful

nadia_epic

EpicVape Team
Company Rep

Overall.... totally awesome from a consumer that is NOT easy to please. It's nice to get a good review from someone who likes everything and it totally patient and tolerant. It's another thing to get a good review from someone who..... well, like me. LOL

Congratulations.

Oh, one question. @nadia_epic The bowl in the WPA is too small for me. I would like to move the screen down further to make the bowl larger to hold more. Can I move the screen?

Thanks and again..... congratulations.

Excited to hear that you are enjoying your E-Nano! As for the screen, It depends on the screen type you've purchased. All the stainless steel screens can be adjusted for your personal preference.

@nadia_epic I have another question.... what's your favorite movie that resulted in the 11 on the temperature dial? LOL

Hhaha! Ace of Vape is the genius behind the E-Nano concept, design, and personality. BUT I knew the reference immediately when I saw the cord design and would almost hate to spoil the fun in just giving the answer away to everyone.

Greetings all!
I placed my order for my enano a week ago (on the 19th), and according to the shipping notice I got from EpicVape it was supposedly shipped a day after I ordered it. However, nearly a week later the tracking number still indicates that USPS is still awaiting the package. This concerns me, as it seems other people in this thread who placed their orders after me have already received their Enano.

Does anyone know if this is typical or cause for alarm? Many thanks,
your impatient vaporist, Mac
Definetely send me an email at customerservice@epicvape.com so I can look into this for you. We've been working crazy hours trying to catch up with all the 420 orders. I will say that another large batch was dropped to USPS today so you'll probably see that updated in the next 24hrs. However, I want to make sure it hasn't been lost in shipping by USPS. I will keep an eye out for your email.

I think that's awesome that they do that. 7 days is plenty for a 'satisfaction warranty'. I knew I loved it the first 60 seconds. LOL

Still, they don't say anything about a repair warranty or how long or anything so I guess it's a one on one basis.

I love my cherry wood and it looks pretty solid but I am going to keep an eye on one of the deluxe wood options. :) Since I have the glass mouthpieces I require and a stand and cord and everything, I wonder if they would just sell the heating unit alone.

Using mine like crazy. Well on my way to filling a 1 gallon bucket with ABV plugs. LOL Been switching back and forth between the WPA and the standard adjustable.

We offer a 3 year warranty on the E-Nano and a 30 day warranty on all the glass products.
It's on the product page but admittedly I can see how it is overlooked. We'll make sure to make it more noticeable and include it in the FAQ. Thank you for letting us know!

Besides the heating chamber, are the E- Nano logs made of just solid wood?
Are the base of the log bottoms wood as well?

Thanks!

I believe we already spoke via email but just in case, there is a bottom metal plate with cork feet.

In other news...

I love reading these great reviews and would love to see them on our website. I generally will PM and ask for permission first. However, I've now set it up so people leaving reviews directly on our website receive an email with a $5 store credit coupon. You can submit them on the product pages (E-Nano, glass, accessories) themselves. Once it's approved, only posts with language or adult content are generally disapproved, you will receive an email with the store credit code.

As always - THANK YOU ALL for keeping us truly excited about the E-Nano and what it can do for people!

Nadia
customerservice@epicvape.com

Last edited:

Alegre

Pobre payaso
I agree, I keep mine on 7 also and this baby gets real real hot sometimes. Small wonder the wood splits. LOL

I don't leave mine on 24/7 or anything but it is on for hours at a time. Since I just got it and the novelty hasn't worn off, it's on 8 or 10 hours in a row.
Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was normal.

I turn mine off when I go to bed and don't turn it back on until I get ready to use it again the following night.

I set it to 10 for a few minutes then back to 7 when I'm ready to hit it. I wonder how long I need to wait between temp changes?

I get big, powerful hits with tiny amounts at 7....it's crazy!

This is my first plug in/desktop vape and the difference in power between the nano and all my portables is now clear to me. This thing rocks!

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
I think if you want to have it on 24/7 or very long, I'd keep it at 4. I noticed this too when I first got my nano and don't really feel good about it being so hot, and about 4 is where I found to be good, in that it stays warm but not too hot to hold.
And since it's already warm it only takes a minute or less to get up to vape temp, in my case about 6.5 - 8.

I am a lazy guy I guess, and didn't yet get around to building that GonG insert for hash...so I just used a toothpick to make a dent in the screen, after the first hit the material sort of melts into the center, making for better hits (in my opinion)
But I still think a lot of air goes around the load and the hits would be even more effective if I had something to focus the air more. We'll see.

I don't use cotton, just plop a glob straight on the screen, so the screen gets clogged up much faster! You can get away with it for a few days (2-3 bowls / day avg) but then I'd swish it around in some iso.
Much nicer experience, and the nano can handle high power inhales!:D:ko:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I think if you want to have it on 24/7 or very long, I'd keep it at 4. I noticed this too when I first got my nano and don't really feel good about it being so hot, and about 4 is where I found to be good, in that it stays warm but not too hot to hold.
And since it's already warm it only takes a minute or less to get up to vape temp, in my case about 6.5 - 8.

I am a lazy guy I guess, and didn't yet get around to building that GonG insert for hash...so I just used a toothpick to make a dent in the screen, after the first hit the material sort of melts into the center, making for better hits (in my opinion)
But I still think a lot of air goes around the load and the hits would be even more effective if I had something to focus the air more. We'll see.

I don't use cotton, just plop a glob straight on the screen, so the screen gets clogged up much faster! You can get away with it for a few days (2-3 bowls / day avg) but then I'd swish it around in some iso.
Much nicer experience, and the nano can handle high power inhales!:D:ko:
There is not a right or wrong way to do stuff?

Whatever work's 4 U?

I need to plug-in my NANO. (wife hid all may CANNABIS TOOL'S while the POOL guy was here)

Time to seek CIVILIZED MODERN HIPPY WANT A BE!

cilantro

Flavor Chaser/Slava Ukraini 🇺🇦✊
Hey friends, new Nano owner here. Picked one up on 4/20 and loving it. Regarding the E-pick – I know it's a multi-use measuring tool, but was curious about the load measure. Mine looks different than the one I found on pg. 712 or so, with the load measure notch in a different place. I like knowing where the factory-recommended setting is, and then exploring from there.

I know there are many variables at play on this vape, which is super cool. Would a good rule of thumb be to get the load as close to the heater as possible without touching? How far is too far to place that adjustable screen? Thanks in advance for the advice.

When I fill mine, I tamp it just a tiny pit to push it past the point where it would have touched the heater. Since I run it hot (usually 7), if it touches, it scorches the pot.

Plus, again since I am running a little hot, if it's a little further away, it still vapes fine. I pushed the screen way down on my standard adjustable stem and I can puff that baby like a cigar and get 5 to 7 good hits.

For the WPA I do the same but the screen is at the factory location and I get 2 hits out of a bowl.

Really love this thing. Going to hate to part with it while they fix the crack in the wood. They should have 'loaners' for when your E-nano is in the shop, like cars. LOL j/k

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I just have gotten used to not using the epic tool. It’s a great tool to have but I just put a ground up 3/4 to the top amount of cannabis. It’s all fluffy and condenses down when I but the stem in.

If you have too restricted of a draw you have used too much product. I use mine mostly as a session vape. My temp is around 6 to 6.5 and I use an SLX grinder, it produces a medium grind. I use the factory placed screen. When you get your stem you don’t need to change the depth unless you want to.

The cannabis shrinks down after the first couple draws. I give my load a stir or two about half way in. The cannabis closer to the oven generally gets more toasty. I usually get about 10 min out of my sessions, sometimes 15 min. Generally I use a slow steady draw.

@cilantro
Everyone has a slightly different technique. Practice and more practice is in order. Try different amounts of cannabis and different temps to see what works best. Electrical outlets vary slightly in temp output.

Last edited:

howie105

Hey friends, new Nano owner here. Picked one up on 4/20 and loving it. Regarding the E-pick – I know it's a multi-use measuring tool, but was curious about the load measure. Mine looks different than the one I found on pg. 712 or so, with the load measure notch in a different place. I like knowing where the factory-recommended setting is, and then exploring from there.

I know there are many variables at play on this vape, which is super cool. Would a good rule of thumb be to get the load as close to the heater as possible without touching? How far is too far to place that adjustable screen? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Hey guy, welcome to the board and all that. Here is what I know, but its a sample size of one.
Screen depth to top of load
Factory pick depths .64 to .45
Max ranges used .64 - .43 to .45-.42 All these work well enough as a micro doser
Working averages .55 to .44

Depths are important along with draw rate, heat settings, grind, pack, ect, ect, ect. My suggestion is go with the factory settings on depth, a temperature setting of about 6.5 on the dial and work on the the level of the grind after you get a handle on a consistent draw rate. However all this could be BS because its just one set of opinions. Good Luck

Last edited:

Teaturtle

So I bought an E-Nano for 160~ bucks, turned into 250~ bucks Canadian when adding conversion + non-free-to-Canada shipping. + there was 13 dollars hidden fee for I guess searches and stuff of the item on its way here. So around 263 CAD and I got my maple Nano + pick + 3 orders of baskets + 18 mm gong. Despite the price, about or slightly less than I remember buying my SSV, I like it. I think even more than the SSV (main difference is SSV has a bigger space to breathe from, and a long whip). The stem seems wobbly though everytime its on the tiny little thing. Only thing that has concerned me about this device, apart from price by being across the border, is how easy it might be to accidentally break it. I love how it doesn't roll off the desk though.

Also bought a Vapcap (80 CAD) for testing but the 20 dollar double torch lighter that I bought with it stopped working after the first session and I guess I gotta learn about butane lighters now and what to do with them ... or just keep using the E-Nano ...

Sparkpug

One of the things I love most about the E-Nano can also turn some people off. It's more like a Perl script -there are so many ways to use it! *Perl is a coding language that has multiple ways of doing the exact same thing so there is no general "one way is the right way."

I've been experimenting with sessions after reading how @CarolKing does it and I find I kinda like doing that. Especially with very tasty strains. I also really like getting a nice and even extraction off 2 hits and have figured out what amounts to use to get different effects.

With this new DIY bubbler I am loving my E-Nano even more. Its usually hard to pull through a bong or bubbler because of my lungs and disease. However, this mason jar pretty much eliminates a ton of resistance and it's super smooth and easy to use. I've been able to take lung busting rips too, and have even had a hard time clearing the chamber due to how fully voluminous the pulls are.

Well, my dog's vet costs were not horrible, so it looks like I will probably get myself a maple burl nano soonish.

Sparkpug

@Sparkpug, what mason jar rig are you using. Link please? Thx.

It's a DIY setup -I bought a wide-mouthed pint sized mason jar, a collection of grommets and glassware pieces I got on sale and used my drill to add this to a stock metal lid and trimmed down fermentation gasket for water proofing.

I looked at the Dealie Buddy and the Glass Lung, but neither offered exactly what I wanted, so I decided the best course of action was to make one. The Dealie Buddy is the wrong shape, and I wanted a specific jar. The Glass Lung looks really nice, and their kit is only $42, but I have a friend with one and it has a single 14mm female gong connection inside a plastic cup with a nozzle at the end specifically for use with their downstem (of course heh.) So to fit my own downstem I'd end up drilling anyway. I would like to look at having a custom top made for a wide-mouthed jar able to fit and seal 2 18mm female gongs with a 10mm one for a built-in carb cap.

It does kind of make me want to look at 3D printing. I'd be able to make my own custom tops that way.

Last edited:
@nadia_epic Hi Nadia. Just FYI and a question.

Just FYI: I did my RMA this morning for the cracked wood.

Question: Is the wood replacement something that can be user done? If it's just a matter of removing the feet, unscrewing the screws and removing the electronics in a single piece, it might be an option to just send out the wood piece.

Just tossing that out.

Thanks for everything. I'll send it out as soon as I get the RMA.

Thanks again for the great customer service. I will definitely recommend you in the other 50+ forums that I visit. For me (and many others) customer service is equally as important as product quality. You folks have both. Great job and much success to you and yours. :)

howzcat

Hard on Glass
I was sure i'd seen someone talking about this here a long time ago, but i've used the search function and can't find it. long story short, after a few months sitting in it's box the enano is back "on display" and in use (finally!).

After maybe a couple days of brilliant performance, the nano just made a very loud clicking noise. At first i thought i might be paranoid, but a couple of minutes later it was so loud we heard it across the room. I immediately shut it off. Is this normal? Before that it was in use everyday for maybe 2 years and never heard a click..

snackmaster

I was sure i'd seen someone talking about this here a long time ago, but i've used the search function and can't find it. long story short, after a few months sitting in it's box the enano is back "on display" and in use (finally!).

After maybe a couple days of brilliant performance, the nano just made a very loud clicking noise. At first i thought i might be paranoid, but a couple of minutes later it was so loud we heard it across the room. I immediately shut it off. Is this normal? Before that it was in use everyday for maybe 2 years and never heard a click..

I've had mine for 4 years and it's never made a sound.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

R U sure it wasn't BAD LSD (LUCY in the SKY with DIAMOND's)?

Mine never made a sound?

I must be using it wrong? (my NANO I use 4 COLAS) sometime's just nuggets?

Only CANNABIS these daz's! (WINE doesn't count)

howie105

Sounds bad, seeing there is nothing but electrical components in the vape it maybe time for a trip back to the factory, As an alternative you could just open the unit up and see what is going on. How "handy" are you?

Last edited:
Top Bottom