ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Nice! I just was thinking I should log all my usage, to determine what works best.

I think there is no one best way though, it really depends on what you want, you got a choice! I'm thinking there are a few variables, I'm terrible at math but maybe we could develop a formula, containing the variables, like screen to heater distance, load volume and height, load distance to heater, fine grind/whole bud, time on/heatsoaking etc...I really would like to do some real somehwat scientifical tests/experiments :D Most definitely will once we go legal here. Then hopefully I could get some quality Flowers of a consistent Phenotype. Of course there's variation but within a frame, good enough. That's the worst about Prohibition. Imagine alcohol being illegal, it'd be like people going to some dude and buying "1 Liter of Acoholic Beverage", could be gin, whiskey, beer...Ahh I'm ramblin' again..

I've observed a few things using the nano now for a few days.

Seems like if you want only a few hits, 2-4/5, turn the heat higher rather than lower, and only a little space of air between load and heater. Then some moderately fast draw speed, so more like ripping a b-load, but not extreme, more than the tea sippin' style. also draw for several seconds, basically calligulas two hit extraction (but for someone with lungs probably half of what his are it's more like 3-4 hits haha). That's it, ya done! Quick and easy.

Or use a lower temp, about 9mm distance to the heater and sipping draws, you get more hits, I never get more than, I would say, about 10. But I'm still a beginner and it may be due to that.

But I think the nano is more the no-BS extractor-master / Interior Decoration Masterpiece, rather than a long sipper. For something like that, I would use my Arizer Solo, I could sip on that for over ten minutes, for me this would be good to use during a movie, or series.

I use the Nano more inbetween games, or when I just want to medicate and not fuck around forever (or what appears like forever ;)

Also interesting, I never thought of polishing my nano, just using butter/oil so that it doesn't crack. I'll need to make a habit of that.

It almost sounds dirty, especially in Spanish : "Polaco mi e-nano"
I don't speak spanish (Yo hablo espanol como un burro ;)) but one of the words I learnt because I was looking for e-nano vids on youtube, was enano - which means dwarf appearantly :lol:

Well, I had 1 of 3 exams today, when studying all day it's nice to vape on the nano and listen to some tunes in the evening.
Just remembered an old record I bought, not everyones thing but I think it's totally chill, the kind of music our ancestors might've made while using some herbal remedies ;)

Happy vaping!
SPANISH is not hard really.
NANO is gnarly as in AWESOME!

6.0 if you can? ( the vapor is wispy) Effect wise wow!
6.25 - 6.50 = depending on the cure?

NANO provides FLAVOR.
However EFFECT wise?
INSANE = CIVILIZED

LUC SKYWALKER OG = WILL DESTROY

I love COLAS = THESE ARE!

The NANO will destroy you!

It is a great machine!

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
Enjoying a nice evening off with the nano and some reading samples I've had on a wishlist. And I'm home alone! Catsitting and I feel like Kevin McAllister :D

qnhli6qh.jpg

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Going on vacation for a few days. Mr. Nano will take a well-deserved rest.

Hell, I knew there was a reason that I kept some of these portables lying around here.

While my wife is walking around packing bathing suits and suntan lotion, I'm making sure I have the Jaryz with the Mango in it,the Dynavape vong, the charge cord for the Air. Oops, almost forgot to top off the torch with tane. :doh:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
We are going on vacation in 2 or 3 weeks and I'm bringing my Nano and my other log vape as well as a couple portables. We're takng our RV. Going down the OR and CA coastline. Where the mountains meet the ocean. If I get low on medicine I can stop off in OR. Looking forward to being able to do that in CA. Can't wait!

Vapor Loop

Bad news good news and notable changes with device.

The bad news my trusty cherry Nano died last Saturday.

The good news I got a beautiful new Maple burl Nano in hand this Friday.

The changes with device. I noticed the distance from screen to ceramic heating element has increased again, And the dimmer has changed to a better one that won't wear. I now use mine at 6.5 dry instead of 6 dry, And 7 with water instead of keeping at 6 with water.

howie105

The sad news of Vapour Loops loss has sparked a question off in my medicated brain. If all our logs died at once (the horror) what would we reach for next? For me its an easy fall back to to my trusty LSV. What say you?

PS: You folks going on vacation enjoy and be safe.

CarolKing

The sad news of Vapour Loops loss has sparked a question off in my medicated brain. If all our logs died at once (the horror) what would we reach for next? For me its an easy fall back to to my trusty LSV. What say you?

That's when a second log vape comes in handy and I have two Nanos! Maybe my Solo 2. I love the simplicity of a log vape

I have some GrapeApe in my Nano right now. My temp is a hair above 6. Good flavor I can taste the grape.

Last edited:

throwawaytre3s

what's a fair price to ask for a gently used premium walnut w/ 18mm gong and long stem?

I'd say between $80-125 depending on how generous you're feeling.

Also I was wondering, I've had my e-nano for about a year now, and I noticed there's a buildup of abv dust and stuff inside my nano, and I don't know the best way to go about cleaning it out is? Anyone have any tips? It's not causing me problems or anything, I just feel like I should attend to it sometime soon.

throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: flotntoke

CarolKing

Also I was wondering, I've had my e-nano for about a year now, and I noticed there's a buildup of abv dust and stuff inside my nano, and I don't know the best way to go about cleaning it out is? Anyone have any tips? It's not causing me problems or anything, I just feel like I should attend to it sometime soon.
First thing dump out any ABV crumbs.
Put some ISO on a qtip. Squeeze out any access. Turn your nano upside down. Clean the inside and make sure you don't get any ISO on the wood. Then you can condition the wood with beeswax. A clean nano is a happy nano and it doesn't smell like ABV.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

1st - Another log! WS for me.
2nd - MVT
3rd - Mi
4th - VC (which I do love, but not as much as others)

Or, any one of the others around here to get me through until my new nano arrived. I gotta have a nano! No ifs, ands or buts about it.

what's a fair price to ask for a gently used premium walnut w/ 18mm gong and long stem?

Awwwww.. say it ain't so! Already? Think that quote above was pretty low. I'd say $150 - $160 USD. Might even want to bundle your converter with it (for whatever fair $ addition) and try to sell on that side of the pond.

First thing dump out any ABV crumbs.
Put some ISO on a qtip. Squeeze out any access. Turn your nano upside down. Clean the inside and make sure you don't get any ISO on the wood. Then you can condition the wood with beeswax. A clean nano is a happy nano and it doesn't smell like ABV.

Definitely a good way to go. For me, kind of depends how roasted dust & ABV is to the inside. I can usually get away with just using water on long Q-tip to clean, and hitting any tough spots with ISO. Then hit all with watered damp Q-tip. Don't get it too wet at the bottom. There are are intakes down in there that you don't want to get ISO/water into.

Heat at 10 for 20 minutes or so to completely dry after drying with napkin down in there and dry Q-tip after. I'd just leave at 10 for another 20 - 30 minutes to warm up for waxing outside. After this full heat, turn it off and unplug. Then wax her up. My latest mix for waxing is a bit of warmed up bee's wax, mixed with a few drops of walnut oil. Walnut oil will darken just a bit, but I like that. Also, like the smell and no gooeyness from walnut. Olive oil will give you a little of both. Or, can use Ed's Bomb Ass Butter or DynaWax if you have any of either on hand.

Mehoffer Jack

I need a new vape and logs seem to be the hot thing lately. I was looking at the underdog that people like, but the stems apparently only hold one or a few hits. The Nano stems hold up to half a gram, so that should be a whole lot more than 2-3 hits, right? Even .25g should be more than just a couple hits, I'd think?

The underdog does have a car adapter, is there something like that for the Nano? I don't see one on their website.

CarolKing

I use my Enano as a session vaporizer. I don't overfill my stem because that will cause a restricted draw. The nano needs good air flow so don't tightly pack your load. You can move the adjustable basket up or down, which is an added bonus. You can use a long pencil or a chop stick to help adjusting the screen basket.

I usually vaporize anywhere between just under 5 and 6.50 temp depending on the cannabis I'm using. My session is usually 10 minutes and I get quite a few draws. I would imagine 9 or 10. It depends on your draw style and temp as well. I'm more of a sipper. I do stir about 5 min in. The first 5 or 6 hits are more flavorful than the last few at the end.

Different nanos run hotter or colder is what we hear on the thread. It's all good.

A log vape is a must for any vaporizing enthusiast. It's easy to use and maintain. The nano has great flavor too.

Edit
I didn't catch that. A half a gram! No log vaporizer has that big of an oven that I know of. Thanks for adding that @Baron23

At the end of your session you will have extracted all the cannabinoid oils and your load will shrink and the ABV will be less than what you put in.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I need a new vape and logs seem to be the hot thing lately. I was looking at the underdog that people like, but the stems apparently only hold one or a few hits. The Nano stems hold up to half a gram, so that should be a whole lot more than 2-3 hits, right? Even .25g should be more than just a couple hits, I'd think?

The underdog does have a car adapter, is there something like that for the Nano? I don't see one on their website.

Underdog is DC powered (what you'll have in a car) and nano is AC. A couple differences because of this, but think biggest difference is ability to use in the car. You can use nano in car, but you'll need a DC to AC converter. I picked one up a couple years ago on Amazon for about $25. Works great for tailgating, parties and long drives. I could use it more, but have portables for day to day. DC to AC converter also handy to have for other things you may want to plug in when away from AC plugs.

I usually only go 3-4 hits in nano stem because I'm a flavor chaser (.05-.1 g), and allows for better airflow. IME flavor will drop off with pretty much any vape after first couple hits. But, you can load up plenty more in the nano. As with any convection vape, you'll probably want to stir it every few hits. Depending on how you're hitting and what you're going through (straight stem, j-hook, bubbler), it should easily go 10 - 20 hits with .25g (probably even more), but IME isn't quite as efficient going like this instead of smaller loads. IMO, reloading isn't a big deal at all. Sir, dump, suck up new load using stem/GonG like a straw. Takes about 5 seconds.

Baron23

The Nano stems hold up to half a gram,

Not generally. If you get the basket screen adjustable bowl stems you can push it down and make the bowl bigger but the tool that they give to measure their recommended bowl depth will get you about a .05 - .08 (notice please the zero immediately following the decimal point).

I suppose you could stuff 1/2 a gram in it but I don't know how evenly such a load would vape. Might need a good bit of stirring between draws, perhaps.

Last edited:

Mehoffer Jack

IMO, reloading isn't a big deal at all. Sir, dump, suck up new load using stem/GonG like a straw. Takes about 5 seconds.

That makes a lot of sense, but I'm more of a "lay back on the couch and blow clouds" type, having to fidget with little stuff every single minute over and over sounds really like the opposite of how I unwind, you know?

Thanks for the DC/AC explanation, I hadn't noticed that before.

Not generally. If you get the basket screen adjustable bowl stems you can push it down and make the bowl bigger but the tool that they give to measure their recommended bowl depth will get you about a .05 - .8 (notice please the zero immediately following the decimal point).

Yep, you are correct. I saw "simply load just .025-.05 grams" on their website and totally missed the zero after the decimal.

My session is usually 10 minutes and I get quite a few draws. I would imagine 9 or 10. It depends on your draw style and temp as well. I'm more of a sipper. I do stir about 5 min in. The first 5 or 6 hits are more flavorful than the last few at the end.

See, that sounds like it would fit my use pretty well.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Not generally. If you get the basket screen adjustable bowl stems you can push it down and make the bowl bigger but the tool that they give to measure their recommended bowl depth will get you about a .05 - .08 (notice please the zero immediately following the decimal point).

I suppose you could stuff 1/2 a gram in it but I don't know how evenly such a load would vape. Might need a good bit of stirring between draws, perhaps.

You can always push the screen deeper, as I'd advise and do for larger loads. It works great, but have to adjust heat up a bit and keep load a little further from the heater. Stirring is a must - every 4 - 6 hits at least for me.

I like this best with a carbed GonG while sitting back. Works best for me when using UFO bubbler and hose to mouthpiece, or on a j-hook. Just keep a toothpick closer than arms length for stirring - or you will inevitably lose your good/favorite stir tool in the sofa or somewhere nearby.

Only downside is flavor drop off and getting way too fucking high because I lose track of how many hits that I usually keep track of by reloading. Have woken up on sofa in middle of night with j-hook in my hand and nano laying on my leg more than a few times! :D Or, holding mouthpiece on end of tubing with nano still perched on top of bubbler. One time recently, woke myself up hitting teeth with glass mouthpiece - fortunately not too hard. Pretty sure I was trying to hit it in my sleep! :doh:

For being as simple as it is, nano is pretty versatile. Get one, figure out how to use it for a few sessions, than adjust however you like and works best for you.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven

Not THAT generous. It just got a new cord and where the cord plugs into and new cork so it's basically brand new. I don't see how it could be that low on the secondary market anyway seeing as these things are solid as a rock (compared to something like a crafty or solo where it's life is diminished after hours of use). I think I'd give it away before I took .50 on the dollar for it.

beiberhole69,
Reactions: ataxian

howie105

Not THAT generous. It just got a new cord and where the cord plugs into and new cork so it's basically brand new. I don't see how it could be that low on the secondary market anyway seeing as these things are solid
as a rock (compared to something like a crafty or solo where it's life is diminished after hours of use). I think I'd give it away before I took .50 on the dollar for it.

Take a look at the classified section of the forum and PM some of the folks who listed their units. That will get you a fairly good grasp of actual sales ranges. Then you can tell us.:tup:

CarolKing

Picked up some Pink Cookies. It's pretty stoney and is a good one for me for later in the day. I have some in the nano right now. My temp is at 6.50. Used some earlier and didn't have much motivation to get anything done after I vaped. It has a pleasant taste I don't taste cherries but I can taste a sweet vapor flavor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom