ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
to have everyday people smoke (or vape I would hope ;) ), and not just clichee "hippies and burnouts" ;)

CANNABIS makes HOMO SAPIENS HYPER INTELLIGENT.

Why is it SCHEDULE 1?
O'yeah control the population.
4PuuEiP.jpg

NANO = CIVILIZED

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
CANNABIS makes HOMO SAPIENS HYPER INTELLIGENT.

Why is it SCHEDULE 1?

I think it has to do with misunderstanding on the one hand, and not wanting to admit that you where proven wrong. That is something that causes a lot of trouble. Some people would rather ride that train off the cliff rather than admit they didn't know something or got it wrong.

Us Homo Sapiens are pretty new on this planet, barely out of the trees, on an evolutionary scale, and we're trying to make a functioning global society from scratch. We haven't even really figured out what makes us tick, but are trying to make the best of it for everyone. Well some of us at least! We'll get there, and then we'll all be CIVILIZED!

Ah hell, I'm ramblin again.
sam.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Well I am very excited...today is going to be a good day!

According to UPS, I'll be receiving my Nano and FC 187v2 from China today....couldn't have timed that better.

Yahoo!
420 is the most useful HOLIDAY on this PALE BLUE DOT!

NANO with WATER PATH is = CIVILIZED

As long as we believe thing's without EVIDENCE will never be CIVILIZED!

While we are living in a MULTI-VERSE on this TINY
PALE BLUE DOT we need a
NANO to attempt some sort of
CIVILIZATION:shit:

I pulled out the FC 187V1 in honor of @Beavis420 =
TQmcKDD.jpg

Last edited:

Beavis420

THere's the 187 ataxian! I got mine based on your suggestion!

Ok, the eNano and the 187 glass arrived today. I'm ready to start playing with the vape but wanted to ask y'all how I should do this for a first run. I got an 18mm gong that looks like the one ataxian has in the pic above. So I load a little ground material in the top of the gong and stick that in the top of the 187 female fitting. Then I put the nano over that upside down correct?

What setting do y'all recommend for a first go round? Also do I need to do a little burnoff session/period?

Thanks in advance..I can't wait to get home from work and play with the new toys!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
THere's the 187 ataxian! I got mine based on your suggestion!

Ok, the eNano and the 187 glass arrived today. I'm ready to start playing with the vape but wanted to ask y'all how I should do this for a first run. I got an 18mm gong that looks like the one ataxian has in the pic above. So I load a little ground material in the top of the gong and stick that in the top of the 187 female fitting. Then I put the nano over that upside down correct?

What setting do y'all recommend for a first go round? Also do I need to do a little burnoff session/period?

Thanks in advance..I can't wait to get home from work and play with the new toys!
No need for a burn off, Andy does a 24 hour burn off for each E-Nano. Just make sure you give it 15-30 minutes to warm up for best results.

It sounds like you are putting everything together correctly. I like to use 6.5 most of the time, but everyone's nano and preferences are different. You could also start at 5.5 to be on the safe side. The worst thing that could happen is you get amazing flavor but little vapor. In that case, just bump it up .25 at a time until you find your preferred setting.

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
420 is the most useful HOLIDAY on this PALE BLUE DOT!

NANO with WATER PATH is = CIVILIZED

As long as we believe thing's without EVIDENCE will never be CIVILIZED!

While we are living in a MULTI-VERSE on this TINY
PALE BLUE DOT we need a
NANO to attempt some sort of
CIVILIZATION:shit:

I pulled out the FC 187V1 in honor of @Beavis420 =
TQmcKDD.jpg

Hey @ataxian , I've seen that Mouthpiece in your Bubbler a few times now, is that some custom glass or could I order one like it somewhere? (Too many nonrelated results when I look for a glass mouthpiece)

I bet Sagan would've vaped!

@Beavis420 Lucky! Mine is appearantly already in the Country - which would be somewhat amazing, since I only ordered the regular First Class Air Mail on May 17th. ;D

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
If I had access to concentrates that's about all I'd do. lol But I do love me some fine quality flower.

For those with 187's, how much water do you fill it up with?

STOP!!! Just for a few minutes.

Turn nano to 10 on dial. Let it sit for 10 minutes, drop to 5.5 and let it sit for another 10 minutes. This should take you up to operating temp quickly.

You got a glass stem with your nano too, right?

While waiting for operating temp, get your screens set to proper depth on stem and GonG. See pictures of E-pik tool a couple pages back. Both should be about the same.

Give your nano a quick try dry at 5.5 or so and savor the flavor! Just suck a little of your ground material up into stem or put a couple TINY nugs in.

Then, do same with GonG and put on your bubbler as you describe above. Turn your dial to 6 (maybe 6.25) and give it a minute or two to get to that temp. Before hitting.

Come back and tell us how wonderful it is (as if we don't already know!:D) before you get too stoned.

HAPPY NANOING and welcome the club!! :tup:

Beavis420

Well great. So I guess EpicVape is having some sort of manufacturing issue and had heaters built that were slightly out of spec.

So, they are having to make slightly larger gongs and stems and of course they shipped the wrong gongs and stems and they don't fit the nano...so my nano is useless. Already talked to them and they are shipping the correct ones but after a 10 day backlog and excuses from all the sales they had over 420, I expected more from these guys.

That's extremely unprofessional and a TOTAL breakdown in quality control.

Now I'm concerned about this larger heater and the nano not working properly. I don't want larger pieces of glass to fit an incorrectly sized heater, I want the properly sized heater that was designed for the eNano.

May scrap the whole damn thing and buy an EVO.

biohacker

Fuck! Still after all of these years, some things never change? I do know that Andy will always make things right, but it's a slow frustrating process that I would have assumed would have been fine tuned by now.

You could, but it would be a step backwards IMHO. And a big one at that!

But I feel your frustration. I have a nano and some parts coming from different sources, I hope everything fits!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Well great. So I guess EpicVape is having some sort of manufacturing issue and had heaters built that were slightly out of spec.

So, they are having to make slightly larger gongs and stems and of course they shipped the wrong gongs and stems and they don't fit the nano...so my nano is useless. Already talked to them and they are shipping the correct ones but after a 10 day backlog and excuses from all the sales they had over 420, I expected more from these guys.

Now I'm concerned about this larger heater and the nano not working properly. I don't want larger pieces of glass to fit an incorrectly sized heater, I want the properly sized heater that was designed for the eNano.

I've never heard of anything like this happening with Epicvspe. Some things are out of an owners control. I would be patient as you can see from many pages of posts this is an excellent product with great customer service. There are many happy Enano owners on FC. Cut Andy a little slack and give him a PM.

Edit
I hope I didn't sound too harsh. I feel for you waiting to use a new vaporizer and something happens. I've been there. So good luck I know things will turn out well in the end.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've never heard of anything like this happening with Epicvspe. Some things are out of an owners control. I would be patient as you can see from many pages of posts this is an excellent product with great customer service. There are many happy Enano owners on FC. Cut Andy a little slack and give him a PM.
qolUZPW.jpg

NANO NANO + QD + KEIF + FC MP = CRAZY EXCELLENT = CIVILIZED = NANO

@Beavis420 Get both!
I love my EVO and my NANO.

The NANO is smaller which I like!

FLAVOR for sure.
EFFECT they all do something for someone!

Last edited by a moderator:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped

WTF?!?!?!? You know I love Epic and love Andy, but if all you say is true, that's not cool. How close of tolerance are we talking here? If the heaters are larger size (or more likely the heater cover, possibly to accommodate a slightly larger heater), I'd guess performance will be the same - or pretty close to it. I wouldn't worry about that part.

Glass has always had a bit of play, so if just a bit bigger it would be negligible for the rest of us. We could probably use the newer glass on an older nano without issue. But, having a heater cover that doesn't accommodate older glass sounds like it could be a considerable problem. I've got a few nanos and lots of glass from the original stuff to the newest - I think. I just picked up a new 14mm GonG. IT seems to fit as everything else always has.

Sucks that they sent you the wrong glass for the nano you have - either way!! I hope you're in the US and they are sending it as fast as fucking possible so you can use your nano - like tomorrow! You gotta do what you think best for you, but I'd hang in to get this straightened out - and be sure it is ASAP. IME (limited as is is with the EVO), the nano will give you better flavor and more extraction without popcorn taste at the end. Plus, you gotta love a vape that can dive off the table daily, and still keep producing as good as ever.

I am unaware of a change in heater size. Does this mean if I were to get another unit it wouldn't be compatible with my existing stems and gongs??

Yeah.... this would suck. Imagine if you just added a new nano to what you already have. Would you have to keep your glass separate so you know which fits which?

Hope we get some explanation - or at least the other side of the story - here soon.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Beavis420: I agree, I would want the properly sized heater. Say you see a sweet carbed GonG or custom stem in the classifieds? You might not be able to use it. Also, if you really like the E-Nano and want to buy another in the future, it might mean two separate sets of glass. Replacing the glass isn't a suitable substitute in my opinion, the heater assembly should be replaced with one that's the proper size.

Beavis420

That's the problem guys...no, your glass won't fit these nanos. The heaters are too big and your gongs and stems won't fit...nor will you make them work they are too small and will NOT go on the new heaters.

Andy doesn't need to be cut slack. If this has been on ongoing problem for several years then he's either a shitty business man or he's making so much money he doesn't care...or both. I'm sorry to be so harsh and he may be a nice guy but this is beyond unprofessional and also shows zero quality control.

What it appears is that they bought a shipment of heaters that weren't built to spec. Because they prepaid or because they couldn't afford to find a new manufacturer and the associated downtime of not being able to get product out they decided to accept the defectively built product and just change out glass. That's cheaper for them and they couldn't afford to source a new manufacturer and build the product so they passed the problem on to the customer. They decided to make their problem our problem.

They should have shipped the incorrectly built heaters back and provided customers with the correct unit.

The gal on the phone starts telling me how precise their equipment is manufactured and because the heater is too big the glass wont fit. I'm sitting here thinking yeah, i don't want a heater than isn't manufactured to spec and for the unit. I don't want a incorrectly manufactured product.

@Vapor_Eyes exactly...i purchased 2 carbed gongs from Vapedandconfused, it shipped yesterday but i'm guessing it won't fit. Plus will the heater work properly? If the heater is say 5mm wide an extra 1 mm is a 20% larger heater. Will it burn hotter? Will it burn the unit or my house down? And if I send it back how do I know I'm getting a "good" unit?

This is entirely unacceptable. I had to back away and go walk the dogs last night but still feel the same way this morning.

Beavis420

So exactly what are the dimensions of the heater cover? I have some different pieces of glass maybe I or someone else can help you out.

No clue. I have no way to properly measure it. That's extremely kind of you and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Just spent $100 on carbed gongs last week. I don't want a one off product. I'm going to ask them for a properly sized heater unit and if that's too much to ask I'll just ship it all back for a refund. I'm tired of messing with these guys, all the excuses for 2 weeks then getting an improperly made product with parts that don't work or fit.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Beavis420 the fact is this hasn't been happening that I can remember on ths thread concerning the size of the heater post. I would like someone to chime in if I'm wrong.

If need be and you are not satisfied, Andy will give you a refund. Curious if you've given @ACE OF VAPE a PM?

Most of us really like our Enanos and want everyone to be as happy as we are. Sorry things didn't work out for you.

Edit
Sounds like you are going through the right channels. The owner Andy is @ACE OF VAPE and you can click on his avatar and start a conversation with him. He's not on FC but a couple times a week. Then at least you can tell him how troubled and upset you are. It might make you feel better. I'm sure this has been stressful for Andy as well. He takes pride in his business and what he sells.

@flotntoke thanks for clarifying things for all of us. I appreciate your knowledge regarding vapes.

Last edited:

Beavis420

@Beavis420 the fact is this hasn't been happening that I can remember on ths thread concerning the size of the heater post. I would like someone to chime in if I'm wrong. If need be and you are not satisfied, Andy will give you a refund. Curious if you've given @ACE OF VAPE a PM?

Yeah when I first started researching the Enano I found this forum and read every post since mid 2016. I wanted to learn of the product and all about the user experiences. I read nothing of this issue. However yesterday the gal I talked to said it's a known issue that has been affecting them recently and "especially over the 420 sale" as they shipped so many out. She said I wasn't the first call even yesterday of someone having the same issue. If this is a known issue how do they not separate the improperly made units and have the proper sized gongs right next to them. How do they even get them mixed up? That's fairly unbelievable.

No I haven't contacted Ace of Vape. I don't know who Ace of Vape is. I'm conducting my business through the company website and their customer service email/phone rather than through a forum.

I sent an email asking for a properly sized heater unit. If that's too much to ask I'll just get a refund, ship it all back and be done with this mess.

Beavis420,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
That's the problem guys...no, your glass won't fit these nanos. The heaters are too big and your gongs and stems won't fit...nor will you make them work they are too small and will NOT go on the new heaters.

Andy doesn't need to be cut slack. If this has been on ongoing problem for several years then he's either a shitty business man or he's making so much money he doesn't care...or both. I'm sorry to be so harsh and he may be a nice guy but this is beyond unprofessional and also shows zero quality control.

What it appears is that they bought a shipment of heaters that weren't built to spec. Because they prepaid or because they couldn't afford to find a new manufacturer and the associated downtime of not being able to get product out they decided to accept the defectively built product and just change out glass. That's cheaper for them and they couldn't afford to source a new manufacturer and build the product so they passed the problem on to the customer. They decided to make their problem our problem.

They should have shipped the incorrectly built heaters back and provided customers with the correct unit.

The gal on the phone starts telling me how precise their equipment is manufactured and because the heater is too big the glass wont fit. I'm sitting here thinking yeah, i don't want a heater than isn't manufactured to spec and for the unit. I don't want a incorrectly manufactured product.

@Vapor_Eyes exactly...i purchased 2 carbed gongs from Vapedandconfused, it shipped yesterday but i'm guessing it won't fit. Plus will the heater work properly? If the heater is say 5mm wide an extra 1 mm is a 20% larger heater. Will it burn hotter? Will it burn the unit or my house down? And if I send it back how do I know I'm getting a "good" unit?

This is entirely unacceptable. I had to back away and go walk the dogs last night but still feel the same way this morning.

I get your grief. I'd probably be even more pissed and hollering about it. BUT, I think you not may be correct in all of your assumptions.

First, yes, requiring different sized glass for different nanos is not good. I assumed the problem was heaters (or heater covers) that were purchased weren't in spec, but were used to keep production rolling - especially if things were already backed up. Really interested to hear just how far out of spec they are. Who knows for certain, but it isn't inconceivable that there were already a few nanos built before this was discovered. The fit is pretty precise, and this may not have been figured out until post assembly burn in and testing. Much less than 1mm could throw everything out of whack.

There were issues with glass fitting a couple years ago. Epic farms that out to different blowers/manufacturers and some over the years have been worse than others. Without checking, I'd say I have glass from at least 5 different sources - maybe as many as 10 from pieces collected over the years. And, depending on tolerances, pieces from JoDa may or may not fit on the larger heater core. I have a few of the first pieces he made and they have always been a little looser on the nano than most glass I got from Epic. I also have another piece of glass I had made by a blower (who is damned good!), that has an even greater "wobble factor".

Also hard to say for sure if the heater will perform differently at all, and if it does how much it will. All of the heaters that are in the wild didn't come from the same batch (nor probably from same source). A small increase in the size of the ceramic heater itself, or size of the housing it resides in, is no reason to think it will perform differently - even if it is 20% larger. It may be a "good" unit, performing exactly the same as any other units produced recently. Or, it could run a little hotter (or a little cooler) and be virtually imperceptible. My 3 nanos were produced at least a year apart from each other and have slight differences of temp at the exact same point on the dial - same as any two nanos compared to each other from early discussions here on FC right through recently. Such is the nature of the beast with dials used and other factors. FWIW, mine are all within about 1/2 dial setting - and one was a prototype heater that we knew ran a little hotter.

IMO glass fitment is the biggest issue, and am still anxious to find out just how much of one. Some GonGs I purchased a couple years ago were too tight for the heater on my first nano (one of the first 20 or so - #18?). This was when there were some glass issues. They were produced by a new vendor and just barely didn't fit. They were exchanged within days, and replacement package included a few "gifts" for my trouble.

IIRC, they fit nanos being produced at that time, but not the 1st gens. Tolerance differences were so low that an adjustment to all glass produced worked well with all nanos out at that time - both the early ones like mine, and the 2nd gens with removable cords. They are very tight tolerances, and the wobble factor differences on all my glass, used on any of my nanos, is negligible. If I really tried, I could probably find a little bit of difference from one piece of glass to whichever specific nano. But, many of my glass pieces already look different - being from different times, in different points of nano glass evolution, and from different blowers. So, I can easily tell them apart. But, they all function as well in use as any of the others.

So, I wouldn't consider it an ongoing problem as I don't recall seeing anything about it for quite some time (2 years? not going to check that far back in thread now). It was an issue at one time, but was corrected. It seems it is an issue again, but at a different point.

"he's either a shitty business man or he's making so much money he doesn't care...or both." is pretty harsh. I get how you would feel like that, and I probably would too, but don't think you have a good handle on the whole situation. AFAIK, this is still a side thing for Andy. I know it may be easy to assume that Epic is a multi-million dollar operation, but it's not. If still the same, he has a small place (probably in one of the thousands of small industrial parks in SoCal - an upgrade from his home garage) and employs one person part time to handle customer service, packaging and shipping. He's making every nano himself by hand nights and weekends. I'm sure he's turning a profit, but eating a loss on a poorly produced component could be devastating - as could being out of production for however many weeks it takes to get new, better speced, heater cores or sleeves. That's really still no excuse for a change that would make older glass, or custom pieces, obsolete. But, we don't really know that yet, do we?

Like I said above, I totally get your frustration and assume mine would be the same or worse. But with 15 whole posts, and this being the first vaporizor you're purchasing (?), you're making a bunch of nasty assumptions that you, or I (or anyone else here) certainly can't know. Hell, I'm guessing Andy may just be getting a full handle on it. If/when you can, try to get a grip on the situation and think about it rather than react based on your hard feelings. Don't get me wrong, those feelings sure seem justified!! But, justified or not they probably aren't a sound base for evaluating the situation for yourself and your current bad spot, nor for any other current or future nano-ers.

We're dealing with a very small operation buying a handmade vaporizor produced by one person. I believe almost all sales are generated right here on FC. I think there was one retailer at one time, but not even sure if they are still on board. Anyway, this allows us to get a fantastic vape (when there aren't production issues) at a more than fair price (that hasn't hardly increased in 4 years). This isn't Amazon where you order and they pick your item off of one of the many miles of shelves at God knows how many distribution points. It's not one of the many online vape vendors where you buy an overpriced piece of plastic made in China that tastes like robot farts for 6 months. It is what it is, and though this and everything above isn't a reasonable excuse, there are bound to be issues from time to time. Very sorry @Beavis420 to see you drew the short lot out of hundreds (maybe thousands? maybe), but sometimes luck is shitty.

Strongly advise you hang in there, and let them correct the situation. Getting you glass that works is the best first step and it should already be on its way to you. Certainly hope so and that you get it soon! But, don't think it prudent to freak out at this point. Shit happens. And, anxious to get further input from Epic as to just what is going on, and how it will be fixed or not for the future.

Last edited:

UnevenPizza

I dream of Pizza
@Beavis420 from what I can tell @ACE OF VAPE = Andy.

@flotntoke intersting, I didn't know Epicvape was such a small business (I got it was a 'Small business' but less than 5 People is even smaller than I thought). I think Beavis and I ordered around the same time, I'm curious to see if this is the case with my nano too.

I think if this turns out to be a recurring problem, we'll definitely get a statement and a solution from someone in charge.

Finally cracked page nr. 200 of this thread last night, only 500 more to go ;D

Top Bottom