LazyVaper

So other than great taste, reliability, good clouds, good build, infinite power you find it to be somewhat allot of effort to use and maintain?

Well, when you put it that way... pretty much, yeah. (Where's the "embarrassed" emoji?)

May I refer you a ..... I am not sure what you.

Well, I'm not sure exactly what your looking for

I'm not really looking for anything in particular. Was hoping maybe there's folks out there like me with a similar use-case that have figured out ways to get the best of both worlds, i.e. all the well-established good points about a log-style vape, along with ways to mitigate some of the convenience aspects. That, and or maybe a little cheer-leading encouraging me to stick with it.

Comparing the two is not often done because you're comparing apples to oranges. A portable to a plug-in.

Right, no argument there! That was a big part of the VAS in the first place: I've had an apple, now I want to see what an orange tastes like. I really like the taste of the orange, but am annoyed that I have to peel it. :lol:

With either vape, if you are getting harsh hits that hurt your throat then look at adding a small bubbler to your vape. Vaping through water helps the most with that issue and I love it.

Any particular recommendations, knowing I favor simple and convenient? The D020-D from DHGate seems to be quite popular (and fairly cheap). Anything smaller/simpler but similarly good?

unsorted

The only thing wrong with the Air/Solo and Nano is that they all need electricity to work. If they just ran on magic, they would be perfection imo. No cords and no charging would be the dream. But I guess we'll have to be satisfied with great rather than perfect.

nihil

Member, Known Well
@LazyVaper Sounds like you and I have the opposite problem. I'm single (besides my cat) and keep a nano in my office to use as a session vape. Everything is out on display and it works perfectly for this. Best flavor and efficiency of any vape I have tried. Also, when friends are over it keeps up with us all using it.

When I want to relax with a book or a movie in the living room, I use my Arizer Air. Mainly because it is portable, but also that it vapes the material slower, so it's kind of like say, smoking a cigar. Very relaxing, especially if I'm vaping an Indica (I'm a sativa guy normally, and the nano gets me medicated quickly).

I bought a second nano to lend out and use in my music studio down in the basement, but I found myself using the Air out of convenience even down there. So back it went into my office and I tend to use one for a week (maple burl) and then switch to the other for a week (premium walnut).

So yeah, I'd hate to be in your position, setting it up every night. But I may have a creative solution. Depending on the age of your kids, can you leave it out in plain sight as an "aromatherapy dispenser?" Then you only have to load a stem or two and bring it into the living room. Simply use it with the oil dish during the day, then pop out the stems at night.

Also, you can't go wrong with the D20-D, great bubbler that I have gifted to friends with nanos. You may also want to look into a J-hook.

Hope that helps.. but I'm not sure how the nano is going to work for you better than the Arizer. I'm just trying to help you make it work because I'm biased towards the nano. Both are top of the line vaporizers though. You did good research.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Right, no argument there! That was a big part of the VAS in the first place: I've had an apple, now I want to see what an orange tastes like. I really like the taste of the orange, but am annoyed that I have to peel it. :lol:

Any particular recommendations, knowing I favor simple and convenient? The D020-D from DHGate seems to be quite popular (and fairly cheap). Anything smaller/simpler but similarly good?

It is fun to have the variety, and after all, it's fun cause you're getting high :spliff:.

I platoon, even at home, with my nano 80% of the time and my VapCap vong the other 20%. I just enjoy the VC sometimes and like the change-up, but still the nano is my go-to.

When I'm away, then I depend on the VC as my portable. My last trip ended with me not vaping very much because the torch dependent VC was irritating my throat and I didn't have a bubbler to cool the vapor. I shouldn't blame the VC much because it was the absence of the bubbler that was the real problem (and the VC vong works nicely with a 14mm bubbler)

All I can say is coming home to that nano through a waterpipe is the absolute bestest experience ;)

Those D020's have a great following and many people use them. I like the thicker borosilicate glass from some online companies in the US. You also get your glass in several days vs several weeks. Consider browsing dankstop.com for their own brand which are reasonably priced and come with free priority shipping and/or thickassglass.com which has some real nice pieces for cheap. There are so many options to choose from and you can get something on the smaller side. You just need to buy a Gong as a adapter. Epic sells their adjustable models for like $10-15 bucks. Just make sure you match the gong size to the bubbler, like 18mm to 18mm.

I say keep them both, get a bubbler (it's only money :goat:), and enjoy.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@LazyVaper , yes I think your technique is most of the problem with first hit bliss, second hit popcorn. Often for me, first hit could be a little wispy. Second hit (after all is warmed up) can be better, but seldom worse. Might need to turn heat down just a bit - less than 1/4 notch, maybe as little as 1/10. A lower screen (more distance to heater) would probably take care of it as well. Could possibly need to add a little more to the load. Practice should eliminate this.

On the other issues, many good responses already. If you don't need much cord, a multi-plug strip may work better. They usually have about 6' of cord. If you do go with extension cord, I'd suggest something a little heavier than the standard dollar store type. They will work, but a heavier cord will give more consistent results IME. Doesn't have to be the mighty orange indoor/outdoor type, just something that is better from a Home Depot or Lowes.

As to the amount of stuff to haul out, get a box! An Amazon box would be fine for me (I always have too many of varying sizes!), but you might want a rubbermaid type plastic box with a lid. The dollar store version of this would work fine IMO.

D020 (or one of its close siblings) is an excellent choice for simple and small. They're also cheap and easy to clean. Just make sure you get a box big enough to hold this, too. It's a good bit larger than the nano.

Honestly, for your little bit of vaping and all the other variables, an AA or other portable may suit your needs better. I'd rather have much better vapor - especially if I was using it less. But, definitely get what you're saying and see your point.

If you don't rough up your nano too much, it is probably going to be worth the same amount in a couple months as it is now if you're considering selling it. Why not keep it around for a while, even if you still use the AA more often for your weekend treats? I'd bet pulling it out half the time - or even less - will make you decide to hold on to her. There's just something about the nano when you have it dialed in that I can't get any portable to do as well. And, I've been through a few! Milaana is closest I've found to date. While it can come close with much practice and perfecting technique, it usually just sits idle while I'm close to nano.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@LazyVaper
I say keep the E-Nano no matter what. It's the perfect back up vape because it is so reliable and consistent.

I second the idea of the extension cord/power strip under the couch. Pull out when needed, tuck away when done.

If all else fails maybe you can keep it running in the garage or basement or something, and use it to sneak hits here and there.

Definitely hold on to it. One day the kids will have moved out, maybe you find it in a box while cleaning, and you can finally enjoy it 100%.

With the way cannabis culture is progressing maybe it will be accepted to vape in front of kids before long. It's socially acceptable to drink hard liquor in front of kids. I don't have kids but if I did I'd rather they see me high than drunk. :peace::2c:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Buy another and put it on her side of room.
This is something I'd consider quite seriously... sharing can be a little awkward, even when it is just hubby and I with it between us.
We have different vapes for different places, but the ENano is good enough that, if I were doing it again, I'd just get about 4 of them, and scatter them about the place - balcony (ours is covered), livingroom, bedroom, and studio. Oh, 5, as two of them for the bedroom.

Plus a whole lot of stems or JHooks & gongs (I keep two sets of those) to provide at each station, along with Jyarz to hold the local stash. :D

Happy, happy thoughts...

greenextinguisher

The other thing is the cord itself. It's the "other edge" in the double-edge sword of AC power. Good edge is, as I mentioned, effectively "unlimited" power. Bad side is it's kind of klunky. My wife and I sit on the couch. I have the device plugged in near me, and the cord won't reach to her. So she either has to get up and come sit right next to me, or I have to unplug it and hand it to her. Not sure how long it will retain heat while unplugged. Of course I could get an extension cord, but that's one more klunky thing to haul around. (First-world problems, I know!)

One thought from me to streamline your process is to go with two stems and two cords. Each of you take a stem and a cord and pass only the nano back and forth. It would allow you each to customize temp and pack for yourself. When one is using the nano the other can be repacking for their next round!

LazyVaper

Wow, so many great and helpful responses! Thank you all!

Buy another and put it on her side of room.

Ha. I'm actually kinda-sorta doing that already: I use the e-nano, and she uses the Air. The e-nano might not really be a good fit for her either way, though. There is some learning curve to developing the best technique with the e-nano. I'm someone who loves to tinker with things, so that's actually a win for me. But at least with the vape, she wants a turn-key solution, so right away she's turned off that there might be some practice involved in getting it just right.

So yeah, I'd hate to be in your position, setting it up every night. But I may have a creative solution. Depending on the age of your kids, can you leave it out in plain sight as an "aromatherapy dispenser?" Then you only have to load a stem or two and bring it into the living room. Simply use it with the oil dish during the day, then pop out the stems at night.

That might actually work... It's small enough I could just shove it in the back of a bookcase or something, and it would likely go entirely unnoticed. Much smaller than the Volcano, that's for sure!

@LazyVaper , yes I think your technique is most of the problem with first hit bliss, second hit popcorn. Often for me, first hit could be a little wispy. Second hit (after all is warmed up) can be better, but seldom worse. Might need to turn heat down just a bit - less than 1/4 notch, maybe as little as 1/10. A lower screen (more distance to heater) would probably take care of it as well. Could possibly need to add a little more to the load. Practice should eliminate this.

Yup, I'm certain more practice is needed. And as I alluded to above, I enjoy the practice.

As to the amount of stuff to haul out, get a box! An Amazon box would be fine for me (I always have too many of varying sizes!), but you might want a rubbermaid type plastic box with a lid. The dollar store version of this would work fine IMO.

:doh: That's such a simple solution that I can't help but say, why didn't I think of that?! Brilliant!

One thought from me to streamline your process is to go with two stems and two cords. Each of you take a stem and a cord and pass only the nano back and forth. It would allow you each to customize temp and pack for yourself. When one is using the nano the other can be repacking for their next round!

I wonder if a second cord is actually necessary? In other words, how quickly does the e-nano cool off once power is removed? Surely it doesn't drop temperature as fast as a portable. My understanding is that's part of the "magic" of a log-style vape, it holds in the heat a little better.

What I'm getting at is, if my wife is going to do only one or two hits at a time (with at least an hour until the next hit or two), what if I just unplug and hand it to her? Even on my Air, when the device automatically shuts down after 10 minutes, I'm good for one more rip. So I'm pretty sure she could take one hit off the unplugged e-nano (with minimal temperature loss). Question is, how long can she hold on to it unplugged, before the temperature gets too low to be useful?

At any rate, I'm not sure if this will become my daily driver, but I'm definitely not going to sell it any time soon. Last night I was thinking, the convenience aspects aren't that bad (still beats the Volcano!). It's just different. So part of it might be as simple as sticking with it, and once I get used to the extra overhead, it won't seem like a big deal. And at the same time, I should be continuing to improve my technique, further improving the experience (and/or offsetting my usability concerns).

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It's probably always good to have a back up vaporizer anyway. You never know when one vaporizer could stop working and you don't want to be forced to combust. Buying a vaporizer usually at the head shops if you have any in your area are always more money than online.

The heater in the enano will be way stronger than the heater in the AA. The AA's heater has to recover from a draw by a min or so (at least 30sec) before it's ready for another draw. We've talked about it on both the AA thread and the Solo.

You wouldnt want to leave the nano on and have the kids accidentally get burned so if you wanted to leave it on it would have to be up on a counter. Even on temp 3 the heater still feels warm. Not sure if it would burn?

All in all the nano and the AA will serve you well. They are both well made products and will last you a long time. You have the best of both worlds I would say.

@LazyVaper So glad you found us.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
... That might actually work... It's small enough I could just shove it in the back of a bookcase or something, and it would likely go entirely unnoticed. Much smaller than the Volcano, that's for sure!

Yup, I'm certain more practice is needed. And as I alluded to above, I enjoy the practice.

:doh: That's such a simple solution that I can't help but say, why didn't I think of that?! Brilliant!

I wonder if a second cord is actually necessary? In other words, how quickly does the e-nano cool off once power is removed? Surely it doesn't drop temperature as fast as a portable. My understanding is that's part of the "magic" of a log-style vape, it holds in the heat a little better.

What I'm getting at is, if my wife is going to do only one or two hits at a time (with at least an hour until the next hit or two), what if I just unplug and hand it to her? Even on my Air, when the device automatically shuts down after 10 minutes, I'm good for one more rip. So I'm pretty sure she could take one hit off the unplugged e-nano (with minimal temperature loss). Question is, how long can she hold on to it unplugged, before the temperature gets too low to be useful?

At any rate, I'm not sure if this will become my daily driver, but I'm definitely not going to sell it any time soon. Last night I was thinking, the convenience aspects aren't that bad (still beats the Volcano!). It's just different. So part of it might be as simple as sticking with it, and once I get used to the extra overhead, it won't seem like a big deal. And at the same time, I should be continuing to improve my technique, further improving the experience (and/or offsetting my usability concerns).

Glad to hear you're hanging in there. Believe me, your patience and practice will be rewarded. Sometimes it takes a while (especially if you're only a weekend vaper), but once you get your first BINGO hit - you'll probably be a long term nano-er like many of us. When you first start out things will be a bit different from hit to hit and load to load. Some are good, some are great, and occasionally one will sneak in and really grab you. Don't worry yourself too much about it, or try to hard to get those. It's kind of a zen thing. There are so many variables going on at same time that it is sometimes hard to nail it. But, if you keep improving and things get generally better, a few of those BINGO hits will sneak in and blow your socks off!

If I'm really trying and paying attention as much as I can to every aspect, I can usually hit BINGO 3 out of 4 times. But even that took years to get to, and I usually don't put that much effort into it. A great, tasty string of hits, with a BINGO showing up every 10 or 20 is fine by me. Plus, now I kind of feel it happening as I'm drawing, and know to enjoy it all the way through.

The box..... have no worries, if it was for me instead of you I still wouldn't have thought of it! Glad it made sense and hope it helps.

I wouldn't worry about a second cord. It should work, and the nano won't cool too much from one cord to the next. But, if you're on different heats it is still going to take a few minutes for heating/cooling to stabilize on each cord. Would think it would put some strain on the plugin, quickly plugging and unplugging so much - and probably not too good of an idea to do this with power already going through cord. I also get what you're saying about her not being really thrilled to have to work on technique to get more out of it. We all know people like that. My girlfriend kind of is, but I've mentored her enough and told her just how to hit whatever load (or vape for that matter) so she enjoys it. But, she would never even want to know about the thought and practice that goes into it (or time spent on FC!), and instructions on vaping are best received if in short sentences of 7 words or less, and very kindly repeated often. ;)

Back in a bookshelf isn't a bad place for it, but depending on age/size of the kids you could put it on top of something and easily keep it out of sight. Even on top of fridge or something, but I wouldn't leave my stash up there so that kind of screws up the box thing. Maybe keep the whole box on top of bookshelf? I dunno, but am sure you'll figure out an easy solution that will work for you.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It's probably always good to have a back up vaporizer anyway. You never know when one vaporizer could stop working and you don't want to be forced to combust. Buying a vaporizer usually at the head shops if you have any in your area are always more money than online.

The heater in the enano will be way stronger than the heater in the AA. The AA's heater has to recover from a draw by a min or so (at least 30sec) before it's ready for another draw. We've talked about it on both the AA thread and the Solo.

You wouldnt want to leave the nano on and have the kids accidentally get burned so if you wanted to leave it on it would have to be up on a counter. Even on temp 3 the heater still feels warm. Not sure if it would burn?

All in all the nano and the AA will serve you well. They are both well made products and will last you a long time. You have the best of both worlds I would say.

@LazyVaper So glad you found us.
UyDMw5t.jpg

You know what to do!

GetLeft

I wouldn't be able to satisfy my vaping needs if it weren't for the air largely because it's portable but also largely because it's a pretty darn effective and efficient tool. But I prefer the nano. I can't use mine every day. It's been parked at 6.262 for three straight days waiting for me to make my move. I had the opening late this morning so I made my move and man that baby got me through afternoon. Such an easy effective piece of joy. It's tethered, yes. But how could it own you so completely otherwise?

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I wouldn't be able to satisfy my vaping needs if it weren't for the air largely because it's portable but also largely because it's a pretty darn effective and efficient tool. But I prefer the nano. I can't use mine every day. It's been parked at 6.262 for three straight days waiting for me to make my move. I had the opening late this morning so I made my move and man that baby got me through afternoon. Such an easy effective piece of joy. It's tethered, yes. But how could it own you so completely otherwise?

AA works and is sufficient to catch a buzz, but if you're usually untethered you owe it to yourself to check out the Milaana. It's not a nano.... Seems to take a little more material, and you have to be totally in control to get consistent good hits, but it is full convection that packs a punch. Very nano-like, but not quite nano.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
^^^ Interesting idea with the whip mouthpiece, @ataxian ! Sometimes the mouthpieces on DHG pieces aren't the best fit. Nice workaround.

Also, I wish I had a pool. :D
@syrupy My Dad gave me this house. (3000sguare feet)
1963 we moved in and in 1964 we spent $3,600 for the pool.

After my travels he saved it for me! (1998)

1971 I grew Colombian Gold in my back yard.
1977 In Hawaii we grew something else. (stronger)
My friend killed all the males.
COLAS were 3 feet or longer? (don't recall at the time)

ZIG ZAGS all day!

Wish I had a NANO back in the day!

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
AA works and is sufficient to catch a buzz, but if you're usually untethered you owe it to yourself to check out the Milaana. It's not a nano.... Seems to take a little more material, and you have to be totally in control to get consistent good hits, but it is full convection that packs a punch. Very nano-like, but not quite nano.

I agree. And if you cap the stem with a basket screen you can do nano sized loads if you want.

I'll probably be using my Mi over my eNano for the rest of the summer, but once it cools down my Nano will be on ADED

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
About how much space should there be between the top of the bowl and the heating element?

Generally, just enough to have a space. Of course there is some personal preference here. You can raise/lower to your desired level of heat, in addition to adjusting your dial.

I want to add, many times I have lifted the nano off my gong and a piece of herb got too close and actually stuck to the heater grid. Even under that level of contact the herb did not char or burn. This was at a level of 6.5 to 7. That ended my concerns about the heater touching my herb and burning it.

Your ability to use the word fuck so freely?

I was using the NANO most of the day!

Well as you might say, "I was FUCKED"!

Thank you,

I like fuck

:cheers:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I usually load by feel. I don't usually need to use the e-pic anymore. I have put too much in the oven and needed to take some cannabis out. I knew I had too much because I had a restricted draw. The heater will butt up against the cannabis and packs it too tight without sufficient air flow.

I usually load cannabis very loosely 3/4 from the top and lately have been using a medium grind.

I am savoring some Banana Kush in the nano tonight along with the j hook. Banana Kush doesn't taste like bananas before you ask.;pd;:bigleaf:

Top Bottom