AJS

Calm Consistency
OK, I am SO indecisive! I have had an Underdog and an E-Nano both in my cart all weekend and I can't decide WHICH ONE to pull the trigger on!
First off I like the fast heat-up times a lot on the Epic. Variable temp isn't much of an issue since you can add a $7 dimmer to the UD and have the same thing.
The only thing making me lean to the UD despite the 20 minute heat-up is the different (Better?) attachments and the fact that it comes with 4. I have heard great things about the NonGs and Nylon direct hit stems with them and they are what's pulling me to the UD even though I really want the E-Nano's 5 minute heat-up. So I have accepted that the nano will definitely cost more due to the attachment price. Can you suggest some great aftermarket stems ,NonGs, and GonGs that will make me forget about the UD's Nylon options. Will an Ed's work better than stock?
Which of the Epic attachments do you prefer? the adjustable or fixed direct, Adjustable or fixed GonG?

-The stock stems are pretty great, I don't see anything to dislike?
-You can use the GonG as a mini-stem and the taste is just phenomenal
-You can get a J-Hook relatively cheap (more talk above) and hook your Nano to that, plus you can put an ashcatcher in the J-hook and have a nice bubbler pipe with your Nano.
-Stock GonGs are pretty great, but there are some wonderful glassblowers here that make some awesome custom GonGs for the Nano, some with carbs too if that's your thing!
-Most people prefer the adjustable screens so you can decide how big or small your bowls are, very convenient and can offer a lot to play around with.
-Some great woodworkers here that make wonderfully crafted stems for your Nano, heightening the experience.
-You can attach a whip to your bubbler and vape through a whip.
-The E-Nano community is very active and will always be there for your needs (I haven't visited the UD forum)

As far as comparisons come, I can't help you.

DON'T FORGET coupon code FCLove for the Nano!!!!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
OK, I am SO indecisive! I have had an Underdog and an E-Nano both in my cart all weekend and I can't decide WHICH ONE to pull the trigger on!
First off I like the fast heat-up times a lot on the Epic. Variable temp isn't much of an issue since you can add a $7 dimmer to the UD and have the same thing.
The only thing making me lean to the UD despite the 20 minute heat-up is the different (Better?) attachments and the fact that it comes with 4. I have heard great things about the NonGs and Nylon direct hit stems with them and they are what's pulling me to the UD even though I really want the E-Nano's 5 minute heat-up. So I have accepted that the nano will definitely cost more due to the attachment price. Can you suggest some great aftermarket stems ,NonGs, and GonGs that will make me forget about the UD's Nylon options. Will an Ed's work better than stock?
Which of the Epic attachments do you prefer? the adjustable or fixed direct, Adjustable or fixed GonG?
Do what you want!

I think the LOTUS has the best water adapter in the world.
Glass does not interfere with the flavor of the CANNABIS!
However can become expensive to operate.

I don't really know how handy you are?
I'm going to a machine shop to make some adapters.

The UD looks nice however the NANO has served me well!

I'm on the list for a HI.

I keep the NANO on 24/7 and use it often.

Get what you want,

Either way you should be fine!

If I could handle it I would just roll joints!

I have wood ones however I don't like the way they swell.

Some of my glass pieces have been destroyed!

I have both Fixed and adjustable.
Both function well.
If you have the money get both.

Cannabis is the HOLY GRAIL!

GetLeft

I really want the E-Nano's 5 minute heat-up

Who said anything about 5 minute warm up time with the nano?
20 minute minimum if you want it to treat your right.
I seldom use it without 30 minutes of warm up. Then keep it on 'til bedtime. (Sometimes I forget to turn it off : )

Not sure how UD compares price wise with the nano, but the nano's worth every cent you pay for it. The only extra I got was the variable screen GonG. That and the stock stem have me more than taken care of.

nano-macro

Get a fixed gong and be happy with that and the stock adjustable direct stem. Or get both gongs, since the adjustable is like $10.

Nano can heat in 5 mins, but it's better to heat up the wood for at least 20, then leave it on where you like it all day, it is like 6-7watts at my favorite setting so it doesn't matter much.

I'm partial to my nano. It does the job very well.

Which wood choice were you looking at. I got a unique and beautiful standard Cherry because they were out of the fiddleback walnut when I ordered. I think the nano is more pleasing visually and the way it fits in my hand seems optimal. But it's really up to you.

AJS

Calm Consistency
While I agree with the 20-30 minute perfect heatup time, you can go from 0-vapor in 2-4 minutes if you truly want to. Plenty of times I have woken up, turn temp to 10, gone to take a piss and brush my teeth, come back, turn temp to 6, take out glass, take out bud, grind herb, pack GonG, boom, vapor.

While the heater is technically pretty close to temperature (it seems to me) after a quick heatup, the heater is trying hard to stabilize the temperature. This leaves some parts of your herb darker than others and a less even burn. As the wood gets warm, you know the inner parts of the vape are radiating temperature similar to the heater, allowing a more precise vape. This is where I think the benefit comes from through waiting, a more precise, even burn of your buds.

With that said, if you want to do a quick sesh, a quick heatup is very benificial and isn't something that should be thrown aside as not useful...It's an amazing feature of the Nano.

To be honest though, regardless of your situation, you'll most likely find yourself not completely turning off your Nano when you leave...Always ready to vape.

Gray Area

Set my nano up yesterday, did a stem first and at first and wasnt impressed(i think it wasnt hot enough yet), then i used the gong through my cheap bong - instant vapour clouds! very impressed!
cant wait to try a proper session later on.

The only downside for me at the moment is the inverter, i bought the 45w and gets very very hot, i see you guys talking about leaving the nano running, i could not leave it with this inverter - i would be worried about my house burning down. Are there any other options that dont get so hot? or would it be possible to source/build a UK cable that doesnt need the inverter?

Hi,
I too run a nano on a donwnstep converter: I have no heat problem, it get only lightly warm, but it is a 150w and if I remember 50w is the minimum required for nano.

Yeah I would say upgrade the inverter. Although Andy has said a 50w rated one will work, he recommends a 100w one really. That's what mines rated at and only gets very slightly warm.

I'd worry about a "very very" hot inverter so think about changing it pls.

Eyedunno

I agree with what others have said about more heating time for the best experience (I prefer to wait AT LEAST 20 minutes, and often 30+).

I also love the NonGs and nylon stems, but on the other hand, I would be concerned about material falling into the Underdog. It seems like it would be more of a hassle than the nano is (the nano is very easy to brush out), but maybe others can chime in on this, as I do not have an Underdog (yet!).

Last edited:

whateverman

Just cleaned my WT, all sparkling and shiny. Added a drop of Eucalyptus Oil, as I heard it may benefit for those with lung issues. Just from the smell of the WT I knew it was way too big of a dose, so immediately I poured the water to the sink and mixed 1.5L of fresh, filtered water with one drop of Eucalyptus Oil. I then filled my WT with fresh water, and topped it with only a bit of the water+oil mix (Yes it's that strong!).

Results: Not too bad. I think it may even be helping me get better effects since it helps my lungs "open up" and able to absorb the important ingredients of the herbal mixture.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Mrbonsai,

You know you want the nano. Don't try to convince yourself otherwise. Just buy it and love it. Gongs come and go, stems come and go, nano is forever.

All my other vapes are collecting dust,,, except when I travel, but that is seldom.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Who said anything about 5 minute warm up time with the nano?
20 minute minimum if you want it to treat your right.
I seldom use it without 30 minutes of warm up. Then keep it on 'til bedtime. (Sometimes I forget to turn it off : )

Not sure how UD compares price wise with the nano, but the nano's worth every cent you pay for it. The only extra I got was the variable screen GonG. That and the stock stem have me more than taken care of.
The artwork for your avatar is awesome.

I'm pretty happy so far with my NANO!

I just leave mine on.
It uses very little power.

I got some LEMON DROPS and my mouth is puckered!`(sativa)
GOD'S GIFT tonight! (indica)
The COLAS are as big as your knee caps!

I don't have time to let it warm up?

AJS

Calm Consistency
From what I've seen this guy is a fairly well known vape critic. His review seems dead on. Can only help Epicvape grow as a company.:)

Pretty awesome review!

On a side note...
In a MFLB PA 2.0 box...

cI7dxDz.jpg

Everything fits "like a glooooove"
Nancy, AA screens, nano screens, E-Pic, 2 stems, GonG, Grinder, Altoids Tin (bud), Raw Papers.

Last edited:
So! Got my nano in on Monday! ordered Thursday night and shipped over the weekend basically. So props for the quick shipping. Ordered a walnut and have officially named him Walter. It is actually kind of funny that vape critic released a nano review days after my order. Before ordering mine, I had been telling @ajsitkowski for weeks that the demand on the enano had be on the rise and that I have to order mine before demand spikes even more...and BOOM, guy releases a review that will definitely increase nano sales...good timing for me ha!

But anyways, a few things that I've notice about my nano withing the first 24 hours. Not everything I mention is a negative.... actually none of it is really negative at all, i'm just a very observant person so its just minor differences I've noticed compared to @ajsitkowski nano setup.
1) The glass stem seems to be thinner and almost as if it was made by a different glass blower. mouthpiece seems to taper less at the end of stem. still rips though!
2) my GonG is actually taller than his GonG by a 1/4 inch or so and the glass thickness where nano enters seems thinner. the opening is also smaller it seems(@ajsitkowski got his nano stuck in my GonG). GonG also didn't come with silicone on it which increases my chances of burns as the sesh goes on.. hah
3) Last and kind of just to humor us, my e-pic seems to lack the glossy finish. almost as if the machine ran out of water while cutting through the material(sorta left slight burn color around the edges of some of the cuts. either way its unique which is cool with me!

Overall, couldn't be happier! if you're considering a e-nano def pull the trigger! I'm using mine right now haha

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Me and my brother are swapping! He's taking my UD and I'm taking his Nano for two weeks! I love both of these things equally, he has a maple nano, and I'm a sucker for the lighter woods.. He doesn't have any gongs for it but that's okay! Last time I used it, 6.5 was my sweet spot. We'll see with this new strain/outlet!

Top Bottom