Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
Nano is like an Aba-Zaba(see Half Baked). But seriously. I really like this thing. Had to use my portable earlier. It's a nice one but anytime I use something other than my Nano it's not quite as enjoyable. But now we're reunited and it feels so good. I give it three thumbs up.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
You don't need a mini generator, you only need this:
https://chargetech.com/product/portable-power-outlet/
PPO-2x-Main-1-510x320.jpg

Their smallest pack will power the E-Nano for almost 4 hours fits in your back pocket, and $99.

I confirm it, it works perfectly. And charging time is very little (I have the biggest model - 24000 mah - and it takes only around 3hrs to charge from 0 to full).
I have also an HI on power bank, and I like both. HI cable is more confortable to use and carry on with you.
Btw @ACE OF VAPE, it would be nice to have a shorter and thinner section power cable, loosing a little durability in exchange for more confort while using it. What do you think?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
That's happened to me before. Our box is in the garage and sure enough the red button had popped out. I was so relieved. That's why you have 2 Nanos, just in case one gets wounded and needs to go into Dr. Andy.

It was nice bumping into @Enchantre today at the market.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Btw @ACE OF VAPE, it would be nice to have a shorter and thinner section power cable, loosing a little durability in exchange for more confort while using it. What do you think?
I think that's a great idea. As long as it was reasonably priced I would prefer a thinner cord, even if I had to replace it more often. The added comfort and convenience would be more than worth the extra cost of replacements.

I think it would be best as an optional accessory, and keep the rock solid durable cord as the standard.

Broke out my squeaky clean fixed glass screen stem tonight to taste teste some Burmese Kush I've been curing. It's definitely tasting much better, but needs a bit more time.

snamuh

ghost
I think that's a great idea. As long as it was reasonably priced I would prefer a thinner cord, even if I had to replace it more often. The added comfort and convenience would be more than worth the extra cost of replacements.

I think it would be best as an optional accessory, and keep the rock solid durable cord as the standard.

Broke out my squeaky clean fixed glass screen stem tonight to taste teste some Burmese Kush I've been curing. It's definitely tasting much better, but needs a bit more time.
Think there something having to do with electricity that limits the thickness of the cord.... Remember seeing something like that on here awhile back...

snamuh,

Uzer

Think there something having to do with electricity that limits the thickness of the cord.... Remember seeing something like that on here awhile back...

The E-Nano is unique in that the cord carries the full 110v AC from your wall socket. It's not stepped down to low voltage. The cord has to be substantial enough to safely carry that current. You're only going to find those thin flexible cords on the device side of a "wall wart" or DC converter. Look on the other side of the converter that plugs into the wall, the cord will be thick and rigid like the nano cord. (Or the "wall wart" plugs directly into the wall.) Look at any other device that runs on 110volt AC, like your toaster or coffee maker. Thicker, more rigid cord.

Last edited:

Uzer

Last edited:

CarolKing

I had said he put it over the existing cord. I realize he didn't replace the cord. I don't mind the cord myself.

A portable Enano sounds good.

Jaindoh

It's a pretty serious pain. Before I found a good setup - and sometimes still -- I will accidentally knock the nano over just because of the weight of the plug, and ding my nice wood. I try to be careful with it, but sometimes it's just a small bend in the cord that causes it, not even a kink or knot. Always worrisome, because I can hear the ceramic element and heating post ring as they hit.

I need a stand, they were out of stock. Going to have to try to make something from what I've got in the house. Had hoped to be fine to go without...

If there was a brick power supply with like a laptop cord sized lead, that would be vastly preferable to me. It's still my best vape, but when I recommend it to people I have to mention it as an issue.

CarolKing

For me getting a stand solved the problem of my unit tipping over. I have the custom cherry with a matching stand. I have a walnut unit but need to buy a stand for it.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Wow, I almost forgot my original Figured walnut Nano always tipped over!

My heavier (dense hardwood) Afzelia Burl Nano never tips over. I believe I requested my nano to be made a bit taller than normal with the idea of increase the weight - my current nano sits 99mm tall (3.89inch). That extra 30-40 grams of mass seems to help compensate for the stiffness of the power cord.

EverythingsHazy

If your Nano is always set up and used at the same desk, installing a cheap plastic hook behind the desk to hold the cord so there is no tension on the unit at any point from the hanging cord/temp dial weight, works really well. It helps prevent the nano from being pulled down, and helps keep the temp dial away from things which can bump it and mess up your settings, when the cord is being pulled all around during use.

0446068D-A270-4623-AAA6-62D94C2ACDCC_zpsvwulw5f1.jpg

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
It's a pretty serious pain. Before I found a good setup - and sometimes still -- I will accidentally knock the nano over just because of the weight of the plug, and ding my nice wood. I try to be careful with it, but sometimes it's just a small bend in the cord that causes it, not even a kink or knot. Always worrisome, because I can hear the ceramic element and heating post ring as they hit.

I need a stand, they were out of stock. Going to have to try to make something from what I've got in the house. Had hoped to be fine to go without...

If there was a brick power supply with like a laptop cord sized lead, that would be vastly preferable to me. It's still my best vape, but when I recommend it to people I have to mention it as an issue.

Too lazy to post picture but:

Take a kitchen cutting board (woody one) drill a hole in a corner position, and screw a tree arm/branch of your choice in it (half a meter long)with a big screw. Than you have only to secure the cable on the top of the woody branch. You'll have the dimmer hanging in face of you very accessible and enano very stable, never knock it down ever since.
You can drill more holes to store stems and gong on it.
Quite easy DIY

snamuh

ghost
i have had ideas for a dock where you loosely fit the figure 8 cord just enough so it gets power but can be removed with one hand.... Then cordlessly vape... but it's probably a hazard. would work fine for me not sure about more heavy hitters.

Last edited:

Jaindoh

Wow, I almost forgot my original Figured walnut Nano always tipped over!

My heavier (dense hardwood) Afzelia Burl Nano never tips over. I believe I requested my nano to be made a bit taller than normal with the idea of increase the weight - my current nano sits 99mm tall (3.89inch). That extra 30-40 grams of mass seems to help compensate for the stiffness of the power cord.

Yeah, it's not even anything to do with "where to put the dial" or the other solutions, just the stiffness of the cord means that sometimes I tip it over even when trying to be careful, even when there's plenty of slack. Where my dial is is stable enough for now and going to improve it at some point; but that thick cord likes to almost pull the enano over every time I touch it!

I'll probably find an old fabric/rubber mouse pad to keep it on for now, so that it doesn't matter if it does knock over. Hopefully I find something the right diameter that I can DIY myself a little stand -- as I need to replace my drill to do any serious carpentry.

The stands are nice, but I really don't want to spend the money on one that doesn't match, and then go to Snappo and Epic and try to get one made of appropriate maple burl later. Then again, at this rate, it'll be covered in dings in a year and trying to match may be pointless.

Going to have to try to pick up some of Ed's butter/wax, hoping that a coat of wax helps prevent nicks and dings.

Top Bottom