AJS

Calm Consistency
push the screen to default (The little notch on the E-Pic, should be set standard), preheat on 6.7 for 10-15 minutes or util the wood is moderately warm, pack a little amount of slightly-moderately ground bud, and make sure the heater doesnt make contact with the nug (the little ridge on your stem), and you'll be good to go.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Many of us keep our Enanos plugged in even when not in use. If I have my Nano on over night or leaving for a while I usually turn it down to temp 3. If I'm having a vaporizing session I like it anywhere from 6 to 6.50 but 6.25 seems to be what I use the most. It depends on the moisture level in your product too. If your cannabis is very dry you will probably want to turn down the heat level if the taste is too harsh. If I was going to be gone for over 12 hours I might unplug it.

It doesn't take but 5 min for my nano to get to my fav temp from heat level 3. It does heat up quick if it's cold and you turn it up to 10 but be sure to turn it down when it heats up to so you dont charr your herb. I personally have never combusted but others say they have.

You will want to play around with cannabis amounts and the level of your screen to see what works out best for you. If you keep your glass clean the vapor will have a cleaner, better taste. I prefer 10 or 15 min sessions because I'm not in any hurry most of the time.

At night I like using a water tool before bed sometimes because I can use the higher temps for pain, such as 7 to 7.50. You might want to think about a GonG or WonG.

I bought 2 Nanos last April so I'm still learning from others. It seems to be an easy enough vaporizer to get to know. I also like the fact that no plastic is involved with the materials Andy uses to make these units.

Welcome to all our new Nano owners. Make sure you register with Epicvape for your lifetime warranty.

@Vapor_Eyes I really like the White Rhino - a nice old strain that's awesome.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
when you say register with them, do you mean make an epicvape account on their website? they made me do that when i was purchasing my walnut.
No, visit this page, when it asks where you purchased choose FC Forum:

https://epicvape.com/register-your-warranty/

As for tips, I use many different techniques depending on time of day and desired results. Different temps, load amounts, screen depths, etc. The E-Nano is very versatile. However, I would say the magic number is 6.5.

At 6.5 you should easily be able to create clouds, the flavor is still good, the hits are smooth, and you will get very medicated. It's very well balanced and a nice starting point when first testing out the nano.

It heats up pretty fast. You can get hits after 2-3 minutes if you crank it to 10 and then bump it down before you hit it. It's fully warmed up after about 10-20 minutes.

When the wood isn't warm you should turn the temp up at least .25. I find .5 to be about right. So for instance if you usually use 6.5 use 7 until the wood is nice and warm.

NekoGurrl

@NekoGurrl That's some beautiful wood! I didn't fully appreciate how beautiful my fiddleback maple is until last night.

It's funny, a few hours after I placed my order I got an email that the Koa was now available. The thought did cross my mind to try and switch, but with Andy working all alone right now didn't want to chance it.

SO happy I didn't!

I was disappointed with the picture I posted, you can see the grain but it just doesn't do it justice. I really need to get a picture of it with natural light. Need to take it outside, the sun is always the best light source, and get some pics with my regular camera. Also the wood was telling me to do some finishing, so did a light rub with the white scotch brights pads (like 0000 steel wool) then hit it up with an all natural light wax i make for wood finishing. Will probably do that once every 6 months to keep the wood able to handle the humidity changes in the weather.

Looking at my maple nano now and think it might be ripe for some engraving over the winter.

KeVo23

I like Epic's aroma cup, it has a little handle. Next time I order anything from EpicVape I will get a couple of the cups. I use the Solo aroma therapy cup for now. It's nice to have the nano doing double duty.;)

EDIT @ACE OF VAPE
That's too bad if they are discontinued. I hadn't used them, I thought it was cute with the little handle. If it didn't fit well I can understand. The Solo cup doesn't work perfectly, but works OK. Andy if you read through the thread please comment about the aroma therapy cups.

I do believe that this is the newer style aroma cup that is sold on the site currently. They fit just a tad looser then a stem or gong but are secure enough that a slight bump or nudge shouldnt have your oil splashing out. Although the solo cups work these look way better sitting on the nano!

ifyrBK1.jpg
dnr1q5c.jpg

EverythingsHazy

Tip:

To stir the material in the GonG, without pushing the screen down or making a mess, hold the tip of the E-pik at a slight angle onto the top of the material, so the corner is touching, and apply gentle pressure. Slowly spin the GonG, and it should work itself down to the bottom without moving the screen. Then as you are spinning the GonG, move the E-pik towards the middle to ensure the entire thing is stirred.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
...I just joined this family :D - just have to wait on the USPS international shipping :rolleyes: :uhoh:

so stoked to have ordered this this morning, been thinking about it all weekend. I got the GonG for my Cherry nano, I wanted the Maple blurr but it on back order i dont wanna wait (an excuse to get a second in the future).

Also i just HAD to get a D020 D Bubbler because somewhere i read like 100x the nano was made for it... or vice versa :lmao::rofl::lmao:

thanks again to FC for making another decision easy :rockon:

:peace:

phooka

I have the AA aroma cup that is sitting unused. If anyone is interested I'll send it for the cost of shipping...and three million dollars...or just ask and I'll send it for nothing.

(Edit to add, I don't need shipping costs...who wants it?)
I would love this. I was going to order one from epicvape at some point but I'm swamped with ER bills. The woman I'm staying with is traumatized by incense because of a fire when she was young so I have to use strictly oils. Thanks in advance!

stephenpowns

Vape Enthusiast
Well i haven't used the nano in a couple of months and i figured i would break it out. Turned it on and the light came on like normal but it won't heat up.. not very happy :\

stephenpowns,

Frostiestone

hey, stoked that my nano is here! heating up for her maiden voyage now :D. One question though....Is the stem supposed to be very wiggly (falls off completely if held upside down) or am i supposed to press hard enough for it to go over that little lip? Just nervous and dont wanna break something right away :\

zaphod42

hey, stoked that my nano is here! heating up for her maiden voyage now :D. One question though....Is the stem supposed to be very wiggly (falls off completely if held upside down) or am i supposed to press hard enough for it to go over that little lip? Just nervous and dont wanna break something right away :\
Yeah. The stem is only held on by gravity when the nano is upright. If you turn it over it will fall off. That's normal.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
It's supposed to be relatively loose, and the lip is a stopping point, don't press it any further.

Standing upright it should be pretty straight and stable, but it will indeed fall out if you turn your nano upside down.

If the stem is really wobbly when it's upright it might possibly be a defective stem. I just checked mine and it moves maybe a millimeter or two if you jiggle it while you're holding it, not much movement at all but not rock solid either.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The Enano only requires a small amount of cannabis. Start out with a small amount and add more if you need to. The stems are a bit wobbly so caution is the key even though they seem to be pretty thick and sturdy. Luckily I haven't broken a stem yet and I've had mine since April.

You will get many years of use since FCers get a lifetime warranty and you plan on living to be 100.

I like using my unit as a hand warmer too.

Last edited:
After sending my faulty Nano back to Epic, it now has a new heater-core which I expect to last a lifetime. I have been playing with screen depth and temperature, as well as incorporating techniques learned in the past 50 pages or so. I appreciate everyone posting their knowledge and experiences, as this site has helped me a lot.
A J-hook is my favorite way to use the nano, but plan to hit up Joda in the near future for something.

Someone had posted a picture on reddit of a stand he had made out of wood, and i asked if he could make me one. He saw an opportunity and made this website http://www.jojowoodworks.com, I received the stand today and am impressed with it.
cjLjshm.jpg

Stand with all the accessories so far.
NjZ9ety.jpg

Underside of stand
Edit: despite the jagged appearance, the underside is actually super smooth. He included some felt pads to act as feet, but I will not be using them.

Last edited:

Frostiestone

wow i need that stand, ill give you a "free internet like" in trade for one. Just had a session with a new friend I met and it was flavorful and effective. Love this thing already. So its cool to let the herb touch the heating element when its turned upside down? Just wondering. This GonG is going to be itching for use, but it'll tease the hell out of me until I go back home and get my WT. Andy, thanks for the note, and more importantly, the gorgeous Walnut WunderLog!

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
wow i need that stand, ill give you a "free internet like" in trade for one. Just had a session with a new friend I met and it was flavorful and effective. Love this thing already. So its cool to let the herb touch the heating element when its turned upside down? Just wondering. This GonG is going to be itching for use, but it'll tease the hell out of me until I go back home and get my WT. Andy, thanks for the note, and more importantly, the gorgeous Walnut WunderLog!
Technically the heater is behind the screen so the herb is never directly on the heater. It's fine to have herb touching the screen, I would just turn the temp down and stir more often.

The suggested height of herb is measured with the shorter curved side of the E-Pick. Put it in the stem and it should almost touch the herb. I realized recently you can use it to scrape any extra out in case you overloaded it. The longer side with the flat end has a notch to measure suggested screen distance. These are just a few ways to use the E-Pick, it's just as versatile a tool as the E-Nano!

Try using small amounts, you can often get nearly as many hits from half as much herb. Hopefully that made sense. I prefer quick extractions with super small loads most of the time. Earlier in the day when I'm low temp sipping and sometimes at night I'll load more in the stem.

In the end do what works for you. We all vaporize for different reasons and have different goals. The nano will work great in nearly any situation, it's more about finding what works for you personally.

Frostiestone

Alright. I just dont see a situation when using the dry stem where the herb wont fall onto that screen, right? When using the dry stem, do you personally pull it off every hit or just leave it on there with the herb? I found that if I wanted to "clear" the stem at the end of the draw, I would have to (while still inhaling) remove the stem from the unit, tilt my head back and point the stem (herb end) up to the ceiling to prevent the herb from spilling out, and only then discontinue my draw. is this what you all do? just curious.

Top Bottom