zackw419

This may have been talked about already, but I was thinking that a good project idea would be a nano holder that is heavy and can assure your nano will be secure while sitting, plugged in, on a table.

One could always keep it simple and buy some heavy duty Velcro tape, I suppose.

BoogerMan

Got my nano in today from @rosedale :rockon:thanks buddy!

This thing is beautiful!

My first bowl I loaded wrong and got a mouthful of cannabis haha. Watched a tutorial after that and got it figured out now! All that herb suspended above the heating element scares me but it seems like taking a hard draw before putting the stem on the nano seals the bud in pretty well.

Anyways, it's a V2 (thanks @Reflections) with the non-removable cord.

Does anyone know if epic vape is still replacing the non-removable cord with the removable cord for free? Or is it only free If the non-removable cord has issues?

I probably won't send it in unless something goes wrong, but then again if the removable cord is that much better then I might send it in.

It's just going to sit on my desk so it won't be traveling anywhere.

Here are some pics :D Fiddleback Walnut

Flash:
B4745470-17C5-4E9E-BC2B-829A3332802F_zpsb4e7fsar.jpg

No Flash:
F95C92D0-7CD2-4854-8E53-A335D18BD406_zpsfkywbl1z.jpg

Last edited:

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
This may have been talked about already, but I was thinking that a good project idea would be a nano holder that is heavy and can assure your nano will be secure while sitting, plugged in, on a table.

One could always keep it simple and buy some heavy duty Velcro tape, I suppose.

This guy. Seems damned near necessary, at least to those of us who knock shit over all the time.

NlQPxD6.jpg

Enjoying some Bubblicious in the Nano this evening. (Which means the stand is even more necessary! :p)

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Does anyone know if epic vape is still replacing the non-removable cord with the removable cord for free? Or is it only free If the non-removable cord has issues?
The dial still work's the same. I think I like the non removable cord better the plug is kinda bulky. IMO
It allows u to have multiple cords around house. You can grab nano and change room without digging behind couch or something. Maybe nice for travel. But over all feel in hand stick with what u got. IMHO
Enjoy bro

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Good to know! Thanks @Reflections! I thought the version difference was from the power cord. Guess I was wrong :)

Actually... not sure of the official call on this one, but usually the removable cord nanos are referred to as V2. The black bases came in much sooner (soon after the initial ones IIRC). The silver ones (anodized aluminum I think) were only on the very early ones (first 50? maybe 100). So, maybe black base with non-removable cord are V1.1?

I don't think changing that stock cord to removable was ever free, but that it was offered to be done very inexpensively. I'm on my second non-removable cord - first was the very early shorter version. Two reasons you may want to switch. First, the ability to have different cords around the house as @Melting Pot mentioned. Second, is if you have cord issues you would just need to get a new cord and not have to send your nano in for repair. I'm kind of partial to the non-removable one myself. Not for any particular reason, but do like the cleaner wood look of it. I may ask to upgrade to removable if this one gives me any trouble, but am not remotely worried about it.

She is a beauty though, @BoogerMan ! Nice snag!

Reflections

There have been a few different upgrades with the Nano cords. The first one had silver base. Then Andy put on a black base and no rings unless requested,and the numbers were real tiny. Then he changed cords where the numbers were a little bigger on the dial. Then he changed the cord to being alot longer, and now the detachable cord. So I guess I dont know what version to call it now ,or how you all want to call it. :D

Last edited:

BoogerMan

There have been a few different upgrades with the Nano cords. The first one had silver base. Then Andy put on a black base and no rings unless requested,and the numbers were real tiny. Then he changed cords where the numbers were a little bigger on the dial. Then he changed the cord to being alot longer, and now the detachable cord. So I guess I dont know what version to call it now ,or how you all want to call it. :D
Someone's been around since the beginning ;)

Thanks for the history lesson. That was awesome :tup:

12 hours in and my Nano is my new favorite vaporizer (over the Volcano, Solo, and Lotus).

Thanks @ACE OF VAPE!

I can also see why people have a couple of these. I definitely need a backup. I'm already saving up again to get something from @Snappo and have a custom one made :D

Good morning FC :)

F3227D04-EEE1-411A-A231-4ADB362E9A4B_zpsv95k23yz.jpg

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Someone's been around since the beginning ;)

Thanks for the history lesson. That was awesome :tup:

12 hours in and my Nano is my new favorite vaporizer (over the Volcano, Solo, and Lotus).

Thanks @ACE OF VAPE!

I can also see why people have a couple of these. I definitely need a backup. I'm already saving up again to get something from @Snappo and have a custom one made :D

Good morning FC :)

F3227D04-EEE1-411A-A231-4ADB362E9A4B_zpsv95k23yz.jpg

Actually that was pretty close. IIRC (without going back and digging through the thread), I think things kind of went like this... All dates approximate.

• Andy started thread and introduced the nano. Put out a couple betas and vids. They were offered in straight walnut, cherry or maple. They had two rings cut in around the top and most had "Epicvape" or "e-nano" engraved in wood over/under light and/or cord (mine has e-nano on front under light and epicvape on back over cord). Had shorter non-detachable cord, shiny "silver" base and dials already had the cool 11 setting (tho never functional). Stems were officially an option, but were thrown in as part of intro offers. Back then stock stems and GonGs were glass screen, or you could get one with an opening that a flat ss screen covered. GonGs also had a cool lip on nano side. e-pik was always included. Dec 2012 - April? 2013 :luv:
  • Rings and engravings (other than custom engraving) stopped happening as sales soared and Andy tried to keep up! Amid concerns about internal connections some updates were made inside. Exotics from cool wood Andy could get started being offered. May/June 2013 :nod:
  • Black base (with s/n and Epicvape engraved on bottom). Much better, longer, thicker, more flexible cord with what seemed to be a better dial (a little more solid with bigger numbers and better paint). V1.1? Silicone added to glass around this time (maybe a little sooner?). Much experimenting with concentrates and some good teks come about. Fall 2013 :clap:
  • Intro of basket screen, then adjust-a-bowls (early 2014) and birth of the 2 hit extraction! (Spring 2014). :tup:
  • Intro of detachable cord (V2?), and Andy starts offering "your wood" option. Summer 2014. :wave:
  • EDIT: Forgot about bases! Think they started being offered late in 2014, along with the ever elusive epic jet and other swag. :razz:
Can't wait to see what comes next!!

Last edited:

Liberty

I've actually been conjuring up a 3D printed "press" for making your own basket screens perfectly every time - simply lay your screen in the slot, and insert the top lid. I plan to publish this item later this month on my store.

Your post inspired me to finally get off my lazy ass and whip up the digital model (took me about 30 minutes to make this from scratch). It's fully parametric, and can be adjusted as necessary to make perfect screens every time

SRBxUN8.png

I'll be printing a prototype this weekend to test with some brass screens I have laying around the house.

Very cool.

Pjake

It's all in the reflexes.
Got my replacement today. Thanks for the extra screens Andy/Nadia. I have an mflb,pax,plenty, and a crafty and I haven't used any of them at home since getting the nano. Things awesome. Thank you for making such an awesome and reasonably affordable product.

Top Bottom