SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I think our favorite robot is going to tell us how great the nano is today! Call it a hunch...;)
super-bender-futuramas-man-of-steel-71939-600x800.jpg

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@$un - couldn't agree more with @NickDlow about same questions. And, while I guess admirable to read the whole thread, you may want to just go 50 or so pages back and read forward or just use the search function!

But, here you go again for the sake of others looking as well as you.

For me (and seems others) nano is more efficient. Generally uses smaller load (could load more in nano or less in solo to be same, but in typical use less). I load about 1/4 to 1/3 of full solo load in my nano. 2 loads in nano works better for me than 1 in solo. So, very much more efficient but YMMV. Flavor is MUCH better, too.

Video comparison? Watch this for nano - then watch this for solo - side by side if it helps. There's even music in solo vid. Just wanted to keep it fair! :lol:

Discount code above, but don't forget shipping cost and if you want to use nano with a water piece you should pick up a GonG adapter. Haven't calced a full order lately, but with postage, GonG & discount you're probably right around $200. And gotta ask... $11 (or even $20) puts you on hold for budget? Your life and all, but if things are that tight, what are you going to put in the nano when you get it? Blades of grass from the yard? :D

Edited to show a more useful nano vid

Last edited:

$un

@$un - couldn't agree more with @NickDlow about same questions. And, while I guess admirable to read the whole thread, you may want to just go 50 or so pages back and read forward or just use the search function!

But, here you go again for the sake of others looking as well as you.

For me (and seems others) nano is more efficient. Generally uses smaller load (could load more in nano or less in solo to be same, but in typical use less). I load about 1/4 to 1/3 of full solo load in my nano. 2 loads in nano works better for me than 1 in solo. So, very much more efficient but YMMV. Flavor is MUCH better, too.

Video comparison? Watch this for nano - then watch this for solo - side by side if it helps. There's even music in solo vid. Just wanted to keep it fair! :lol:

Discount code above, but don't forget shipping cost and if you want to use nano with a water piece you should pick up a GonG adapter. Haven't calced a full order lately, but with postage, GonG & discount you're probably right around $200. And gotta ask... $11 (or even $20) puts you on hold for budget? Your life and all, but if things are that tight, what are you going to put in the nano when you get it? Blades of grass from the yard? :D

Edited to show a more useful nano vid

Damn bro why you coming at me with all guns blazing just for asking a question? what did I do to you? People come in these threads to research & learn more about a certain vaporizers then move on, you seem to have accomplished that with all those #'s behind your name so what are you doing here if repeated questions get you this upset? Living in NY going to school & having a GF doesn't come cheap when doing it all on your own. Currently I'm in a situation where my Solo just died on me after having it for two years so I had to buy another one. I have high tolerance & I went back to combustion which I wanted to quit & was looking for a stronger desktop unit for home. Since I had such a good experience with Arizer with the solo, I went ahead like a damn noob :doh: without thoroughly researching bought a Extreme Q which I saw Youtube reviews on & people had nothing but positive things to say about it. I wasn't happy with it as it used too much herb so I asked in the EQ thread & I was told to do a ddave ssv mod then I went & bought the gong, the ssv piece & some screens but it still uses too much herb. All this happened within 2 weeks, I'm out of cash & left disappointed after which I came across the Enano. So far I have spent hours reading through 70ish pages & decided I wanted to get something like this, I'm not too much of a fan of sucking vapor out of a balloon, ill leave that for the ladies. Now that's my situation that's why I'm cornered at the moment, I'm sure we have all been there before. Blades of grass from the yard? Oh so your comedian now?:clap: But how do you know I wont pick up a little dub for 20 a week or two from now? :rofl:We not here to bash each other bro we here to help each other & educate each other so vape one & relax :doh: BTW I follow the Solo thread & I see people asking repeated questions all the time & I'm more than happy to tell someone new something I have already answered before, perhaps I have more patience & like to help others? But thank you for answering my question though I appreciate it funny guy :tup:

Chezgreendream

First the flavor, then the buZzz settles in....
Does the Enano use less herb than the Solo? My main purpose of purchasing would be to use my herbs more efficiently. Has anyone ever made a video comparison with the Solo & Enano?

Sorry Bro, but NickDlow is right. There is no comparison imo, they are two different animals.

The e nano may or may not be for you, since everyones personal prefrence is unique, but theres only one way to find out and thats to experience it yourself.

All I know is that the E nano has yet another satisfied customer right here.

Last edited:

$un

Sorry Bro, but NickDlow is right. There is no comparison imo, they are two different animals.

The e nano may or may not be for you, since everyones personal prefrence is unique, but theres only one way to find out and thats to experience it yourself.

All I know is that the E nano has yet another satisfied customer right here.

I'll take ur word for it & get it bro

ctxgooner

gooner
@$un
The only vape ive ever used is the solo.....i have a custom nano on order for the same reasons youve stated....i. hoping to cut my cumsumption in half with the nano......im tired of "sessions"......i want to load up and take a hit or two and be done until later......i believe the nano is what we are looking for :tup:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Damn bro why you coming at me with all guns blazing just for asking a question? what did I do to you? People come in these threads to research & learn more about a certain vaporizers then move on, you seem to have accomplished that with all those #'s behind your name so what are you doing here if repeated questions get you this upset? Living in NY going to school & having a GF doesn't come cheap when doing it all on your own. Currently I'm in a situation where my Solo just died on me after having it for two years so I had to buy another one. I have high tolerance & I went back to combustion which I wanted to quit & was looking for a stronger desktop unit for home. Since I had such a good experience with Arizer with the solo, I went ahead like a damn noob :doh: without thoroughly researching bought a Extreme Q which I saw Youtube reviews on & people had nothing but positive things to say about it. I wasn't happy with it as it used too much herb so I asked in the EQ thread & I was told to do a ddave ssv mod then I went & bought the gong, the ssv piece & some screens but it still uses too much herb. All this happened within 2 weeks, I'm out of cash & left disappointed after which I came across the Enano. So far I have spent hours reading through 70ish pages & decided I wanted to get something like this, I'm not too much of a fan of sucking vapor out of a balloon, ill leave that for the ladies. Now that's my situation that's why I'm cornered at the moment, I'm sure we have all been there before. Blades of grass from the yard? Oh so your comedian now?:clap: But how do you know I wont pick up a little dub for 20 a week or two from now? :rofl:We not here to bash each other bro we here to help each other & educate each other so vape one & relax :doh: BTW I follow the Solo thread & I see people asking repeated questions all the time & I'm more than happy to tell someone new something I have already answered before, perhaps I have more patience & like to help others? But thank you for answering my question though I appreciate it funny guy :tup:

Whoa Nelli! Guns blazing? They weren't even drawn. Hell, they weren't even loaded. Sorry you took my post so harshly. Wasn't aware you were so sensitive to a little razzing. Apologies for hitting that nerve. Going to ignore most of this and suggest if you want a smartass, asshole shootout to hit me over in IM. We can play there without boring everyone else with it.

I wasn't referring to others asking the same questions, but to you asking the same questions. And, nothing personal there at all. Think I'd comment the same on that to anyone (as I'd guess a few here would), but can't say for certain because don't think we've seen that one before. Well, not in this thread IIRC. At least I answered your questions, linked some vids, suggested how you might effectively use FC without slogging all the way through a 400+ page thread, and even gave you a bit of good advice on your purchase. But then again, think most of that happened when you asked before, too.

Comedian? No, not really. I get some laughs, but not much pay. Think you may want to try some of your own advice, though. Vape and relax. FWIW I ended up in an unexpected wake & vape situation today, so have been cruising along since first cup of coffee. Sorry if your day isn't going as well. But, chill out man. It ain't worth all that aggravation.

xer0

The Solo is a great vape...it is actually the device that converted me so I have a bit of a sentimental side for it. That being said, the nano absolutely crushes it in terms of performance and efficiency. Simply put, I use less bud and get higher with the nano than with the Solo. The Solo is a great portable vape but when you have access to an outlet nothing beats the nano IMO.

Unfortunately as of last night the power cord on my nano is acting up again. Last time this happened it was an issue with the cord's connection in the rheostat and I just had to desolder and resolder it to get it working. Since its the same spot again I think I'm going to just get a v2 power cord and will splice it onto the v1 so I can just get a whole new rheostat.

So now I anxiously wait for Andy to put these new exotics up so I can get my order in. I know I could order a standard one but I was really hoping to get one of those Cocobolo nanos or something else that stands out a bit.

Last edited:

Eschient

Giga-Dweebess

I don't think you'll regret it. Well, the only thing you might regret is not waiting a little and spending a bit more for a block of wood from @Snappo for a custom Enano. I've been drooling all over that thread all morning, wishing I'd picked up a Buckeye Burl or something and wondering if I can convince my husband I need one for my birthday after having just gotten a cherry for Yule. :party:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
The Solo is a great vape...it is actually the device that converted me so I have a bit of a sentimental side for it. That being said, the nano absolutely crushes it in terms of performance and efficiency. Simply put, I use less bud and get higher with the nano than with the Solo. The Solo is a great portable vape but when you have access to an outlet nothing beats the nano IMO.

Unfortunately as of last night the power cord on my nano is acting up again. Last time this happened it was an issue with the cord's connection in the rheostat and I just had to desolder and resolder it to get it working. Since its the same spot again I think I'm going to just get a v2 power cord and will splice it onto the v1 so I can just get a whole new rheostat.

So now I anxiously wait for Andy to put these new exotics up so I can get my order in. I know I could order a standard one but I was really hoping to get one of those Cocobolo nanos or something else that stands out a bit.

Just saw a sweet one on Epic site this morning. Not sure if it is still available but had a real cool two tone grain.

Is that the Chinese D-cylcler in your vid? I barely managed to hold off on that one until CNY. If I still want it after, it must be done! How does it effect taste with the nano?

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Just saw a sweet one on Epic site this morning. Not sure if it is still available but had a real cool two tone grain.

Is that the Chinese D-cylcler in your vid? I barely managed to hold off on that one until CNY. If I still want it after, it must be done! How does it effect taste with the nano?
You won't regret it, I highly reccomend it! :tup: It rivals my GB-187 for my favorite China piece. The D cycler hits are awesome being continously recycled but I like the GB's sturdiness with a Claisen a bit more. Both must haves IMHO.:rockon:

Chezgreendream

Consider an e nano stand <$30 (some posts up you will see I posted pics and you will see why)

Extra basket screens

and an extra Gong or Gongs.

I know it adds to the total, but you can save yourself some headaches in the future and waiting time. As mentioned earlier FCLOVE will get you where you need to be.

you can thank us later.

Gray Area

@$un
The only vape ive ever used is the solo.....i have a custom nano on order for the same reasons youve stated....i. hoping to cut my cumsumption in half with the nano......im tired of "sessions"......i want to load up and take a hit or two and be done until later......i believe the nano is what we are looking for :tup:

You're in for a treat then :tup:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Consider an e nano stand <$30 (some posts up you will see I posted pics and you will see why)

Extra basket screens

and an extra Gong or Gongs.

I know it adds to the total, but you can save yourself some headaches in the future and waiting time. As mentioned earlier FCLOVE will get you where you need to be.

you can thank us later.

Hehehe.... Extras are always nice. Was grabbing a couple GonGs and screens when I saw that lovely new exotic this morning. Have finally converted a few local friends to the nano, but they take all my stuff! All good tho. They bought from me with impatience, and I get new instead.

Still don't have a stand. I kind of like my pipe stand with "humidor". Just a wooden box with places to put pipes around it (that also work very well for glass doohickies and whatnot). nano GonGs and stems fit real loose which is good for stems, but not GonGs. I just put an adapter in and put GonG in that.

They can usually be had for cheap on eBay. Keep thinking I'll have a friend with a router carve a nano nook in middle of top, but now that my cord is used to the lay of the land it hangs out there fine. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes but pic below is similar to mine. Still thinking about picking up a round one to match everything else (nano & bubblers).

Thanks @SSVUN~YAH ! My next recreational purchase will be the D-cycler (and proper adapters). Do love my GB-187, too. It is top of the Chinese pecking order, but have been loving my Trip Donut (NOT Chinese) most lately. Always thrills me when I don't use a piece of glass for a while, then try it after 6 months and it feels like new again.

Not a bad vape station for about $20. Been using mine for about 4 years now.

cuIAbgx.jpg

Yal3306.jpg

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
To be honest, I got really burnt-out dealing with the glass piece of the E-Nano, so I ordered a Wood-on-Glass adapter from @Ed's TnT

It costs about as much as 2x GonGs would be, but will withstand far more punishment and you can get it in a wood that matches your Nano.

Oh yeah, I forgot to show off my Ed's cocobolo stem in my last pic. Plus it gives me a chance to rotate in a different dog. (Ok, they rotate themselves!) While the stem seems pricey, given that it's handmade and uses exotic wood, it's really about what you'd normally pay for nice wood items. (I buy exotic wood guitar picks from a guy in Seattle....some of them are 10-15 bucks a piece, for a very small amount of wood.)

In contrast to some other users, I also really dig the Nano stock glass stem. It's pleasingly hefty and thick (though given I've broken almost any glass item I've ever handled, I'm guessing it won't last long), it holds a much larger load than the wood stems, and the movable screen is a very cool feature. The two stems almost seem to have their own mini "vape signatures" and have dramatic differences in taste and effect, in my experience. Maybe there's such a thing as a "stem signature". :lol:

y6yG5KL.jpg

Chezgreendream

I've had my Nano for about 6 weeks and I still haven't used it dry. Not once. I may never.

I second that. I have about the same amount of time with my nano and I was just thinking today. I have never used it dry. But "One day" still dances around my head. I wonder if the flavor will blow my mind?

Oh yeah, I forgot to show off my Ed's cocobolo stem in my last pic. Plus it gives me a chance to rotate in a different dog. (Ok, they rotate themselves!)

y6yG5KL.jpg

I was just thinking, that is a Cool looking stem. But wait, thats not the same dog....lol..

Last edited by a moderator:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I can only handle one load with a stem, then it starts to irritate my throat.

A j-hook + GonG isn't so bad, most the heat and large particles hit the bend first. I'ts a great way to collect some reclaimable oil and watch a piece get dirty like the ole' days, just takes a bit longer.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I've had my Nano for about 6 weeks and I still haven't used it dry. Not once. I may never.

Use mine wet almost all the time, too. But since you have stem anyway.... give this a try for a tasty treat. Load your stem as you normally load your GonG. Turn heat down about .75 - 1 lower on the dial than you normally are. Hit will be a bit wispier than you're used to, but the taste will be f'n amazing! Usually will just get you a heady light buzz, but sometimes that's good too! ;) Can just about replicate the effects with lower than normal temps wet, but not that sweet taste!! There is still plenty left in that load if you don't suck it dry. I usually put it aside and add to some fresh when vaping at higher temp later.

Beautiful set up @mitchgo61 ! Now you need a bog oak stem so you have a wood color match for that dog, too. Lovin the term "stem signature". Not really sure why, but nano seems very sensitive - but in a good way - compared to other vapes I've used a lot. The EQ will have differences based on heat, draw, strain, etc, but seems it takes more changes to notice. MFLB on the other hand is very sensitive to material and especially draw speed, but in more of a sometimes pain in the ass way. solo is a solo. Turn up heat or turn it down, it seems to do the same thing but with different temp. I've even found character stays pretty close whether through water or dry.

But seems like small shifts with nano produce more noticeable changes. Pretty big difference between wet & dry. I've always been surprised just how much a nudge of the dial in either direction can make. Different heights of screen and other changes like draw speed can add or take away a good bit IME. Will never forget the first time I tried the "2 hit" method. I had heard about similar and scoffed - that's not even worth messing with! Don't think many were messing with micro loads like that then, but I sure wasn't. I tried it as soon as I saw Caligula's vid and was blown away. Think I had my nano for about 8 - 9 months then, too. Still mostly do that with a little variation, but often mix things up just for a change of pace and to see if I can figure any other neat tweaks. Of course, the low temp stem or lower temp GonG are always in the rotation.

Maybe that's why it is so well loved? Some like it wet, others dry. Can go hard with strong vapor, or just keep it light. Whatever you want, and however you feel like going with any sesh. Have a feeling this has to do with the simplicity combined with A/C power (so more power in reserve than you'd ever need). But, who knows? What's for sure is it works and works well, pretty much any way you want to use it. nano! nano!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I can only handle one load with a stem, then it starts to irritate my throat.

A j-hook + GonG isn't so bad, most the heat and large particles hit the bend first. I'ts a great way to collect some reclaimable oil and watch a piece get dirty like the ole' days, just takes a bit longer.
That's my usual method.... the extra distance, and the bend in the JHook, seem to cool the vapor just enough.

I kinda irritated my throat yesterday when I was vapor dabbing with the ENano... I really should use water when I go up to 8 on the dial...

Top Bottom