hukhuk

Got my E-Nano through customs on monday :) I had to open the packet but said it was a e-cig and no further questions were asked. So far I really like it but I think I can't get it hot enough for concentrates (not sure I will need a month of vaping before I can make my AVB wiso). My dial goes from 1.5-10 I've tried to combust on 10 but the vape was idling at 8 before and the screen is as far away as the e-pic tool can touch it. The herbs got black but no combustion. Might be because it didn't sit on 10 for some mins?
But besides that I can get really nice clouds even on 6 (found out that I prefer to put in a small amount and then start at 6-6.5 because this way I get more taste and more good hits instead of 1-2 monster hits like if I get starting on 7-8). Also I've read a lot that a lot of you start at lower temps and then go up. I've done this as well but do you wait to let it heat up or can you immediately hit it?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Got my E-Nano through customs on monday :) I had to open the packet but said it was a e-cig and no further questions were asked. So far I really like it but I think I can't get it hot enough for concentrates (not sure I will need a month of vaping before I can make my AVB wiso). My dial goes from 1.5-10 I've tried to combust on 10 but the vape was idling at 8 before and the screen is as far away as the e-pic tool can touch it. The herbs got black but no combustion. Might be because it didn't sit on 10 for some mins?
But besides that I can get really nice clouds even on 6 (found out that I prefer to put in a small amount and then start at 6-6.5 because this way I get more taste and more good hits instead of 1-2 monster hits like if I get starting on 7-8). Also I've read a lot that a lot of you start at lower temps and then go up. I've done this as well but do you wait to let it heat up or can you immediately hit it?

Holy formatting batman! That was tough to read lol

The whole key to the nano is the preheating before you use it. I prefer to let my nano preheat for 10 minutes when I first plug it in. Usually I turn the temp down to 5 during the day so it's partially pre-heated (though often I leave it running at 6.5 all day long without any problems).

Yes, I jump between 5.75, 6.5, and late night, up to 7. However I always prefer to give it 3-4 minutes to adjust temperatures before I continue the session.

I'm confused about your dial - it should go from 0 to 10 (stops at 10, doesn't hit 11). If yours starts at 1.5, it should go past 11 to 0.5, correct? You can gently pull of the dial (it's pressure fit), and adjust the position as needed

Walter Bishop

I'm confused about your dial - it should go from 0 to 10 (stops at 10, doesn't hit 11). If yours starts at 1.5, it should go past 11 to 0.5, correct? You can gently pull of the dial (it's pressure fit), and adjust the position as needed

My dial is the same. Although it sits at 0 when off it, "clicks," on at 1.5, and stops rolling at 10.

hukhuk

hehe sorry I was a little bit high and English isn't my main language :)

However I always prefer to give it 3-4 minutes to adjust temperatures before I continue the session.
I guess that's why I couldn't combust when I went from 8 to 10 but I was already close to combustion.
So it should be possible to finish a bowl at 10 if I don't want to wait 3 mins after the first hits?

0 is off but it clicks on 1.5 and goes to 10 just like Walter Bishop's. Not sure if I should adjust it, it works fine and numbers are esthetical when I finaly get used to the vape

Walter Bishop

0 is off but it clicks on 1.5 and goes to 10 just like Walter Bishop's. Not sure if I should adjust it, it works fine and numbers are esthetical when I finaly get used to the vape

I'm not worried about adjusting mine. I just set her at 10 for 2-3 minutes, then down to 6-6.5 for another 2 minutes. So all in all around a 5 minute warm up, and all is good. The numbers are just that, numbers. I only use them as a guideline for a consistent experience each sesh.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I guess that's why I couldn't combust when I went from 8 to 10 but I was already close to combustion.
So it should be possible to finish a bowl at 10 if I don't want to wait 3 mins after the first hits?

Well the first question to ask is why do you WANT to combust??? Combustion ruins the flavor of the glass! :puke: Whenever I combust accidentally, I need to clean the hell out of everything which made contact with the smoke, otherwise it ruins the next few sessions (for me anyway).

I never go to 8, let alone 10 with dry herbs. I stay at 6.5 and *sometimes* go to 7. I use up to 9.0 for concentrates, But it's all about personal preference. FYI - if you haven't adjusted your screen, measure the depth. 15mm seems to be the optimal height for the average user. (I usually load 0.1g at this depth)

hukhuk

Just for testing, I was worried that my Nano doesn't reach high enough temps for concentrates. But everything seems fine I just thought it would reach the temps faster.
Also at 7 with a slow draw I seem to get most of my herbs anyway because I just tried to put it on a 9 after some hits on 7 and couldn't get a visible cloud.
I will test tonight if I can finish on a 10 without leting it heat up but I will probably go back to finishing on 7 anyway. I'll move the screen closer because I'm using less then 0.1g the next time.

thanks for your help! Have to work now :)

edit:
Oh and I'm used to go by taste to check if my Bowl is done. While this worked really well with my MFLB because when it is near done it starts to taste bitter. But with the Nano there is no bitter taste even at high temps. Thats why I wanted to check my Nano's AVB in my MFLB and it instantly turned it in a coal like state with a cloud but I think that was microcombustion and not clear vape. I guess that speaks for the extraction qualitly of the Nano because this coal state AVB I could only reach by vaping insanely long with the MFLB. So far I'm really impressed by the Nano but I feel like that I can get even better hits with a bit of adjusting.

Last edited:

shoeless

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. My order has been placed with Epic Vape and @Snappo, so the anxious waiting game begins. With the nano I ordered an extra stem, a 19 mm GonG, the maple base, and extra screens.
My next buy is matching it up with some new glass. Currently I am using my old 13" bong. I wedged the the whip hose inside a snapper bowl, using a piece of rubberband around the hose to secure it. I've been perusing the glass threads, and I just need to pull the trigger on a nice solid piece that fits the nano.

lalaloopsie

Kitty want a Vape!
wow @shoeless ... that chunk o wood is so 3D! gorgeous...

i ordered extra stems with my purchase...but before i even get my nano i'm thinking of ordering some of the fancy glass and wood stems...they are just so beautiful

EDIT...

oh good griefus is this the most amazing piece of wood i've ever seen! i WANT...

I'm calling this 'crazy horse with a hat...

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
wow @shoeless ... that chunk o wood is so 3D! gorgeous...

i ordered extra stems with my purchase...but before i even get my nano i'm thinking of ordering some of the fancy glass and wood stems...they are just so beautiful

EDIT...

oh good griefs is this the most amazing piece of wood i've ever seen! i WANT...
Order extra stuff!
I just broke a GonG with glass disc! My best onè.
my 18mm @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd is broken however fixàble.
I have very good flowers now.
my NANO will go into storage.
the best vaporizer I own!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Order extra stuff!
I just broke a GonG with glass disc! My best onè.
my 18mm @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd is broken however fixàble.
I have very good flowers now.
my NANO will go into storage.
the best vaporizer I own!
So true!

I have one of these organizers
adjustable-compartment-frosted-plastic-organizer-bd81-from-2-50-each-151-p.jpg

Full of glass accessories - 90% full of GonG's and Stems for my Nano. (7+ Pieces from @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd - still 2 more on order)

Last edited by a moderator:

nihil

Member, Known Well
I've been perusing the glass threads, and I just need to pull the trigger on a nice solid piece that fits the nano.

I've you've been checking the Cheap Quality Thread, for the enano I'd recommend any of the below:

Do20-D
GB-187
D020-W-2
FC-187
D020 (a bit small for the enano)
D020-W (mouthpiece makes this slow to clean)

All 18mm female joints except the D020-w-2, but there is another version in female from another seller.

Edit: @Ratchett, name or link for that organizer? Me want.

*plainlazy*

got to love dh gate ...... ordered my 18-14mm reducers on 12th December...... still not here

order the j hooks from sunshinestore beginning of jan and they turn up today?? wtaf

still waiting on the ashcatcher but ordered that same time as j hooks but from a different seller.

starting to think these reducers arnt coming, got tracking info but hasnt updated for over a week. does say sent to GB.

Does mean when I get home from work I can try the nano with my 14mm gong with these dh gate j hooks.

pics to follow

*plainlazy*,
Reactions: Poostuff

VANVAS

Can somebody european who has the enano with the step up down converter to 220v make a vid with good sound to hear the noise please? It would be extremly helpful to us who want purchase this amazing unit!
Thanks !

HappySam

• Tracking information is not available at this time. Please check back later or double-check the tracking number entered and try again.
Did any of you guys get this from USPS for an extended period of time after getting a tracking number. Andy,the manufacturer,did an amazing job of shipping it out nearly same day, however I'm confused because I've never seen this message for this long before

I had that issue for the whole weekend + some of yesterday. Finally updated yesterday evening, and my e-nano should arrive later today. I heard it's a good rule of thumb to give USPS 72 hours to get the tracking # up before getting worried... by which point the package might already have arrived. Heh.

HappySam,

*plainlazy*

Can somebody european who has the enano with the step up down converter to 220v make a vid with good sound to hear the noise please? It would be extremly helpful to us who want purchase this amazing unit!
Thanks !

im an uk e nano owner and have to use the step down. never really noticed a hum or noise from the step down.
but never really listened out for a noise and the power lead is so long dont sit near the power plug to hear.

im taking pics of my set up later with the nano with a j hook so ill try to do a vid to post showing the hum. but my phone cam isnt the best but ill try.

to be honest I wouldnt worry about the hum the vape is epic and a hum wouldnt stop me from ordering.
ill also list what step down I use. aparently it was 30 gbp

VANVAS

im an uk e nano owner and have to use the step down. never really noticed a hum or noise from the step down.
but never really listened out for a noise and the power lead is so long dont sit near the power plug to hear.

im taking pics of my set up later with the nano with a j hook so ill try to do a vid to post showing the hum. but my phone cam isnt the best but ill try.

to be honest I wouldnt worry about the hum the vape is epic and a hum wouldnt stop me from ordering.
ill also list what step down I use. aparently it was 30 gbp
Ooh that's would be great !! Thanks amigo! Im a bit confuse, i don't want to have a noise!
When did you buy it?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Does mean when I get home from work I can try the nano with my 14mm gong with these dh gate j hooks.

If your j-hook is a 14mm, sure it should work just fine - I enjoy my j-hook setup with the Nano more than using a standard straight stem.

Note - if you want to add a bit moisture to your hits before your ashcatcher arrives, you can add a few mL of water to the bent part of the j-hook - this will create some natural (chuggy) perc action when hitting it.

biohacker

Well the time has finally come to rejoin the Nano family, and boy have I missed my Nano! I'm happy that it's in a good home now, and I will be once again going with Cherry, and excited about the detachable cord!

Does anyone know if it's possible to substitute the included stem with a gong instead? Was thinking of requesting in the order notes during checkout. The value is the same so I don't see why it would be a problem.

Also during the shipping options, does anyone know exactly what the "Flat Rate Shipping" option is? To Canada, it's saying $15, but the USPS first class international is $13.75. Am I getting anything out of paying the extra 1.25 for the "flat rate"?

Thanks!

Last edited:

snamuh

ghost
Well the time has finally come to rejoin the Nano family, and boy have I missed my Nano! I'm happy that it's in a good home now, and I will be once again going with Cherry, and excited about the detachable cord!

Does anyone know if it's possible to substitute the included stem with a gong instead? Was thinking of requesting in the order notes during checkout. The value is the same so I don't see why it would be a problem.

Also during the shipping options, does anyone know exactly what the "Flat Rate Shipping" option is? To Canada, it's saying $15, but the USPS first class priority is $13.75. Am I getting anything out of paying the extra 1.25 for the "flat rate"?

Thanks!
Welcome back!

I use a stem combined with the silicone piece to seal the joint for my 18mm wp. I also used some painters tape for one area on the stem to make it thicker for stabilization. A gong would probably be better.... But this does me fine for now.

*plainlazy*

Ooh that's would be great !! Thanks amigo! Im a bit confuse, i don't want to have a noise!
When did you buy it?

no worries like I say I cant hear anything and im unsure my phone will pick any thing up but ill try for you.

I bought 2nd hand via FC from a guy in london that bought it direct from epic vape/andy/ace of vape in may/june 2014. he sent me the receipt confirming this. walnut and detachable cord.

the guy included the step down and said it was 30gbp.

ill see what I cant do tonight.

If your j-hook is a 14mm, sure it should work just fine - I enjoy my j-hook setup with the Nano more than using a standard straight stem.

Note - if you want to add a bit moisture to your hits before your ashcatcher arrives, you can add a few mL of water to the bent part of the j-hook - this will create some natural (chuggy) perc action when hitting it.

thanks rachett I did go for 14mm as I have the 14mm gong and will be exclusively used with the nano only (maybe in future with my solo)

so quite keen to try this set up tonight. dry and like you say with a little water. ive heard people using warm tea as well? not for me haha

ill post some pics later showing these dh gate j hooks with nano on top.

have to find the thread with the instructions on how to post pics directly in the thread.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom