Caligula

Maximus
I used a dental pick.

zf_p203_dual-ended_dental_pick_medical_grade__1_1.jpg

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Can people recommend a technique for extracting the old steel screen from my all glass stem?
the screen is far inside my all glass stem right up next to the all glass screen.

I had the same issue with the Solo.

I recommend using wood to remove, so you don't damage the glass. A toothpick or bamboo skewer. Try pushing it up from the bottom first, at least get one side started.

If that doesn't work, move to something metal.

Last edited:

herbivore21

haha oh man, I mutilated a screen one time trying to get it out of a cooled down GonG. That fucker was cemented in there with cannabinoid glue, the best kind of adhesive!

I tend to use a small metal spoon to remove screens, that used to get used in my um, more synthetic recreational days for various powdered things that I have since learned suits me better to stay away from... Suffice to say it got a good clean before I first put it anywhere near my GonG's lol

Caligula

Maximus
Just got my OG E Nano back from Andy today and boy am I impressed! This thing is better than brand new (literally)!!!

As far as I can tell he has (at least):

• Replaced the ceramic heating unit (mine was never that white)
  • Replaced the screen for said heating rod
  • Upgraded the wiring contacts (solder vs crimps)
  • Replaced the cord/dimmer switch with the longer/more durable/more pliable version
  • Added the new style strain relief on the Nano side of the cord
  • Restored the glory of the wood! I've NEVER seen it look this good!

Before:

yowzmfS.jpg

After:

K2BQt1l.jpg

rNon6uo.jpg

R9e4SOd.jpg

It's hard to tell the difference from the pictures, but the wood is like night and day now. Thanks @ACE OF VAPE !!! I basically have another brand new Nano now!

Im not even going to turn this thing on. Back goes the bubble wrap and in it goes into its box to live.... for now.

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Just got my OG E Nano back from Andy today and boy am I impressed! This thing is better than brand new (literally)!!!
It's hard to tell the difference from the pictures, but the wood is like night and day now. Thanks @ACE OF VAPE !!! I basically have another brand new Nano now!

Im not even going to turn this thing on. Back goes the bubble wrap and in it goes into its box to live.... for now.

He does do them up nice, doesn't he? Mine came back tip-top, too!

I have a better idea.... why don't you bask in the glory of your re-tooled nano and send me that crappy looking exotic? Don't worry... your wife probably won't notice you shipped off what could be the coolest anniversary gift ever (you, lucky dog!).

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Would really like to send my OG nano in for a refurb but there is no way I can make it without it for that long.

It's tough to let her go, even for a few days! My dial got twitchy, so that helped me finally pack her up and ship her to Andy for some much needed love and affection.

If it helps any, mine was back in one week coast to coast. Kinda sucked being stuck with only the EQ for a week (and did combust a few times that week), but was well worth it!

cawshook

Solod out.
It's tough to let her go, even for a few days! My dial got twitchy, so that helped me finally pack her up and ship her to Andy for some much needed love and affection.

If it helps any, mine was back in one week coast to coast. Kinda sucked being stuck with only the EQ for a week (and did combust a few times that week), but was well worth it!
I feel a box vape is the best back-up for the Nano. Especially the VB. Abundant, well priced, durable, heavy hitter, easy for others to use, and life time guarantee.
I haven't touched my VB or any other vaporizer since I got the nano, but I'm happy to have it on my shelf in case of emergency.

cawshook,
Reactions: Tweak

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I feel a box vape is the best back-up for the Nano. Especially the VB. Abundant, well priced, durable, heavy hitter, easy for others to use, and life time guarantee.
I haven't touched my VB or any other vaporizer since I got the nano, but I'm happy to have it on my shelf in case of emergency.

My VW (VapoWarez - a worthy VB knockoff) has been on circulating loan for the past few years. It is durable and can be a heavy hitter - plus I have a certain love for it as my first vape. Glad to pass it along to others so they can try vaping for themselves without having to figure it out while I'm sitting there explaining it. But, must admit I really don't miss it. The EQ is certainly no nano, but quite a step up from a box vape IMO.

Not suggesting you get rid of your VB @cawshook , but if others are looking for a backup or change of pace for cheap - think I'd point them to an EQ, DBV or solo. They all pop up in the classifieds pretty regularly and are pretty solid for the price IMO.

Of course, the best backup for your nano is.... You guessed it! Another nano! Still a bit pissed at @Caligula and his wonderful wife for convincing me I NEED an exotic, too. Up until I saw pics of his I thought I just wanted one. That lovely little piece of wood though - :drool:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Me 3. I mentioned skewers in a Pick thread and didn't get much love. Glad I'm not the only one that uses them. I have them laying everywhere in my house, lol.

My wife had on of them Cuticle Sticks, a bit thicker than skewers and has a different end to it than just flat. Works nice for removing a ELB or EQ screen instead of using your fingernail.

363475217_396.jpg

And I got to thinking the other day, a matching wooden grinder would look real nice with the e-nano. And maybe a matching wooden pick.

wooden_grinder_silverleaf_3.jpg

I just don't like them teeth. Anyone use a wood grinder before?
I'm tempted to get this:http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2-parts-52mm-wooden-herb-grinder-metal-cnc/184590913.html
240pcs-lot-2parts-52mm-font-b-WOODEN-b-font-font-b-HERB-b-font-font-b.jpg

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/WOODEN-HERB-GRINDER-CLEAR-free-shopping/1307644117.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Reta...-Bullet-Grinder-Free-Shipping/1376750969.html

LOL-Hold-me-back-bro.jpg

MuushuPork

So I got some organic cotton from WF. Do I just put some in the gong or stem behind the screen? Any precautions? Im just looking for more filter/reclaim ability.

MuushuPork,
Top Bottom